Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there really no inverted look option for dawn of survivors? This makes the game unplayable for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's $20/year for SMB3, honestly Nintendo should be charging more.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

FartGhost posted:

After more googling it seems there's no fix for this and my save is gone forever? So always make backups for your saves because there is apparently a very small chance they can randomly get irreparably hosed.

Did you try restoring from the cloud? Select the game on the home screen and press +

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Did you try restoring from the cloud? Select the game on the home screen and press +

Yes, it was already updated by the time I thought of that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oops I was saying month a lot. I'm fully aware it's $20 a year but man that $20 gets you a Smash game that does not run very well online!!!

$60/year gets you access to online DOA6 and Tekken 7 on PS4, which is also P2P and runs like stuttery garbage because people don't like ethernet cables.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

$60/year gets you access to online DOA6 and Tekken 7 on PS4, which is also P2P and runs like stuttery garbage because people don't like ethernet cables.

Those things being poo poo doesn't make Nintendo's poo poo any better

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Every online sub is bad, op

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Nintendo has gone too far. They'll be bankrupt by the end of the month.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I mourn the loss of tubby Pikachu

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lost Odyssey and Rare Replay on Switch would be amazing. Not that I have any shortage of poo poo to play as it is.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

:hai:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I can totally see a Detective Pikachu sequel opening with a joke about how he's gotten fat and shlubby between films and needs to get back in shape (for that joke he'll be voiced by Danny Devito).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Now we're getting it!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dr Cheeto posted:

You and me both. I miss not being sure where his head stopped and torso began. He was a lot cuter as Fatchu.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ColdPie posted:

Lost Odyssey and Rare Replay on Switch would be amazing. Not that I have any shortage of poo poo to play as it is.

I think Rare Replay's a pretty tall order, personally. The X360 games are probably right-out for emulation reasons, and they'd probably have to do some rebuilding on the emulation for everything else. I'd expect to see Battletoads pop up on the NES service rather than anything else.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think Rare Replay's a pretty tall order, personally. The X360 games are probably right-out for emulation reasons, and they'd probably have to do some rebuilding on the emulation for everything else. I'd expect to see Battletoads pop up on the NES service rather than anything else.
The 360 games just use the Xbone's back-compat system, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies is a full-on port of the original source code to a native Xbone game. The rest of the games mostly use outsourced emulators from Code Mystics, except for the ZX Spectrum stuff which apparently used an emulator some guy from a non-gaming division of MS had written in his spare time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

The 360 games just use the Xbone's back-compat system, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies is a full-on port of the original source code to a native Xbone game. The rest of the games mostly use outsourced emulators from Code Mystics, except for the ZX Spectrum stuff which apparently used an emulator some guy from a non-gaming division of MS had written in his spare time.

XBOne's backwards compatibility is not fully software-driven. Some of the texture rendering is done in hardware because Microsoft knew it'd be a pain to do otherwise.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wonder where all the light shooters are, figured since this has joycon motion control we'd see a few more of them? Virtua Cop 2 and House of the Dead 2 need to be on here like last year. Though it is Sega and I'm convinced their decisions to do anything are based on a roulette wheel.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ugh, please no. Outside of Taboo, I think NES Battletoads might be one of the worst Rare games ever. First level is fine, awesome even, and then it just turns to poo poo very quickly. It's like they had a super fun and engaging fight system and kept loading bullshit in the way of enjoying that.

And I'm not even talking about Turbo Tunnels.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bulgakov posted:

do you have celeste? get celeste

Bulgakov posted:

do you have celeste? get celeste

Yeah I loved. Stopped at the third C side. I should just break out assist mode but I don't want to. I'll get back to it someday I guess.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

American McGay posted:

Do you enjoy NES and/or arcade games?

This is tough because I really, really do. But games like punch out with their “learn a pattern and execute it perfectly” are my absolute least favorite games. I’m pretty good at bullet hell stuff but I don’t know. It’s a tough call so I’ll likely buy it eventually. At worst I’m supporting a really awesome developer.

Brother Entropy posted:

when you think about it being bad at noted good game cuphead just means that you get to spend more time playing good game cuphead than a person who is good at it

and that sounds like a good deal to me

drat okay I hear what you’re saying here

Dr Cheeto posted:

PS+ is great even if I only like a few of the free games a year and it pays for itself in discounts since I buy a lot of sale games. I also like subscriptions for the built in punishment for people who want to be racist hateful etc fucks and get banned. I’m not fussy about this stuff at all though so ymmv

e: not fussy about subscriptions if they’re cheap, yearly and for console gaming I mean

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with Lost Odyssey? I mean I completed when it came out and literally remember nothing about it. Apart from a grown man crying MAMA! That's my only memory. Oh also short written stories maybe

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alan_Shore posted:

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with Lost Odyssey? I mean I completed when it came out and literally remember nothing about it. Apart from a grown man crying MAMA! That's my only memory. Oh also short written stories maybe

It has a genuinely good story, respects your time by basically never needing you to grind, the cobbler story and all the characters play different enough that your team comp makes for great replayability.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want a game that looks and sounds like Blue Dragon but is good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i haven't checked in a while, is it still called Untitled Goose Game or has sacrilege finally happened

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

i haven't checked in a while, is it still called Untitled Goose Game or has sacrilege finally happened

Still untitled, thank the gods

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steve2911 posted:

I want a game that looks and sounds like Blue Dragon but is good.

Isn’t that just DQXI?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kilometers Davis posted:

Isn’t that just DQXI?

it also needs to star goku/goten and not a trunks lookalike :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let's be clear, anyone who wants Rare Replay on the Switch does not give a poo poo about the 360 games except possibly Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and probably the BK and PD remaster.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Let's be clear, anyone who wants Rare Replay on the Switch does not give a poo poo about the 360 games except possibly Viva Pinata

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Isn’t that just DQXI?

Does DQXI have a nu metal boss theme?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let's be honest here, the only reason to own an Xbox is to watch 4k dvds and play Viva Pinata.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Alan_Shore posted:

I mean I completed when it came out and literally remember nothing about it. Apart from a grown man crying MAMA! That's my only memory. Oh also short written stories maybe

are you an immortal?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What I'm gathering is people want to play all the Rare 360 games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Let's be clear, anyone who wants Rare Replay on the Switch does not give a poo poo about the 360 games except possibly Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and probably the BK and PD remaster.

People clearly want viva piñata.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Make Rare Replay Switch but find a way to get the GoldenEye license and have that and games like the Rare Donkey Kong games replace games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Make Rare Replay Switch but find a way to get the GoldenEye license and have that and games like the Rare Donkey Kong games replace games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Seems easy enough, just tell them how they’d be making the first good use of the Bond property in a decade

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I would pay $20 for Blast Corps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Seems easy enough, just tell them how they’d be making the first good use of the Bond property in a decade

Including the films am I right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
You will not enjoy Lost Odyssey if you don't have a high level of tolerance for 'Imortal dude being sad about living forever'.

I certainly didn't.