Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Happy Easter you FUDsters!

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Me, a straight white guy: I don’t give a poo poo about what gender or race the main character is.

Everyone else: Well yeah you wouldn’t, 99% of main characters are straight white guys just like you. Representation is not something you’ve ever had to worry or even think about. The rest of us kinda do.

Me: I just don’t understand why these SJWs care what race the protagonist is :confused:

*50 tweet thread about not wanting to be forced to play as a woman*

For every hour I've had to play a game as a Nathan Drake or a Geralt of Rivea.... oh wait we're apologetic that men are forced to sometimes, rarely, play a game with a female character. And even then most of those female characters are just men with tits because they can't act female in any way shape or form. Oh well it's progress at least! :thunkher:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

EmesiS posted:

Was there ever an official Turkeys to Titties conversion chart offered by our citizen friends? Asking for a friend in Cincinnati.

It's like a pair of 2.5 pound turkeys.

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

TheAgent posted:

somethings up for sure though, I haven't had this kind of chatter in a long, long time

You're like a HUMINT handler in this digital gaming shitshow. Don't get burned by any walk-ins; that's how you'll fall into the evil clutches of C!G.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The Titanic posted:

For every hour I've had to play a game as a Nathan Drake or a Geralt of Rivea.... oh wait we're apologetic that men are forced to sometimes, rarely, play a game with a female character. And even then most of those female characters are just men with tits because they can't act female in any way shape or form. Oh well it's progress at least! :thunkher:

https://streamable.com/c22v6

Checkmate goonette.

Also, for comedy, a less exaggerated walk literally labeled "sassiest walk":

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MedicineHut posted:

I am no Twitch expert but I guess changing your stream content to a new game type or activity should most often than not result in losing a significant chunk of your existing audience. At least at first. If your new content is good you should gain new followers again in time.

It is always hard to take a decision to change something that has been at the core of your life that you still hang on to (including getting a real job). But the good news is that BNB is in full control. Once he really decides to change he will see how things improve slowly but surely, just do not look back.

This depends heavily on if you watch a streamer for their content or the games they play.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Star Citizen 2: Electric Bugoloos

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1119909349294526464

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'm not sure Tarka thought that one through.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Do they not realize that Elite has been released for years?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Popete posted:

the travel times in that game are too short, and thus, totally boring

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

As opposed to

Ninja: 93K viewers for Fortnite
Castro_1021: 102K viewers for FIFA soccer
TimTheTatman: 65K viewers for Fortnite
LIRIK: 48k viewers for RP GTAV
lilchiipmunk: 16k viewers for RP GTAV

All the way down to:

BOBROSS: 1.9k viewers watching a 40 year old video of a chill dude painting

All out rank your BDSSE

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's funny how Citizens think they're engaged in this huge rivalry with ED and I'm pretty sure Frontier and most Elite players do not care in the slightest about SC.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Popete posted:

It's funny how Citizens think they're engaged in this huge rivalry with ED and I'm pretty sure Frontier and most Elite players do not care in the slightest about SC.

There are a lot of people out there engaged in "high stakes" rivalries with enemies that are entirely unaware of both their existence and the existence of the rivalry itself. The internet ushered in this sort of "shadow reality" that can result in humor or tragedy when it collides with actual reality.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Quavers posted:

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1119676710469791745

Big streamer BikeMan played Star Citizen for 7 hours yesterday: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414158046

First 20 minutes: little enthusiasm, annoyance at a few bugs and timesinks. Now I'm bored and closed the video. Sponsored stream? Not sure.

In related news:

Last week out of the blue, I received a Reddit PM from Jade Starwatcher. I've not been on Reddit much lately, not written much on Reddit about Rex, and haven't interacted with Jade Starwatcher before.

She'd seen a Rexzilla/Redbull post I’d written months back and wanted to offer a rebuttal. I wrote a lot of things about Rex for a spell, and I'm not sure exactly which post it was she was responding to, but I assume it was one like this:

G0RF posted:

:lol: I was Gorfposting about steamers all through 2017 — Relay, Astropub, Twerk, SpaceBros, all those cats. That’s how we got “Saurus hires the Worst Uber Driver Ever” and stuff. So no way am I skipping Rex. Especially not when he’s part of CIG’s big “change the narrative” initiative.

They’re executing a new Marketing/PR plan written by smarter people than Team Roberts. Let’s call it the “Red Bullshit Initiative”. Last year even Chris finally realized they broke the brand, but they bagged $46 million from a billionaire and are now engaged in a brand reboot. Rex is part of that.

In less than 3 months, he’s instantly become the only streamer that matters. And CIG is working with and through him to re-engage their core audience, even while starving them of original content.

Just yesterday:

And that’s just one little part of one stream. It’s not even the funny stuff like spending a half hour to prep a mission only to arrive above the planet out of fuel.

If you’re interested in what CIG’s really up to, then Rex is worth paying attention to. Even if you’re not, his arrival is totally disrupting the SC streamer landscape too, such as it was, and that’s bound to produce a lot more drama and :lol:s.

In her view, his ascent is entirely organic and has been misunderstood and unfairly mischaracterized. She didn't believe there was any marketing coordination with CIG.

Bear in mind, she wrote me before this happened and this...

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1118923463220256768

...though to be honest, I'm not sure that this latest example would change her mind.

Anyway, she preemptively said I could share it, so here you go:

Jade Starwatcher posted:

So i had never heard of you or the forum you post on until someone sent me a link where you were talking about me. Then i saw you have become fascinated by the rise of Rexzilla "seemingly out of nowhere." and the Alex Jones-esque conspiracy theories of him being a paid marketer by CIG's due to an investment in marketing Squadron 42.....

It's almost funny how wrong you have it.

Here are the main reasons:

First of all Rexzilla isn't new to Star Citizen, he backed the game around the same time i did back in 2016 and was a member of an org called Aces High (ACESHI). I know this because my previous org (which i co-founded) used to fight them at Security Post Kareah. So he isn't new, he played the game in 2016 and 2017 but didnt stream it and took a break from it because peformance was poor and all we had were a few on foot PvP areas. He's not a pilot, the FPS aspect of the game appealed to him.

He like me never played any of Chris Roberts old games. i was born in 1995. You should not hold this against me or anyone else who didn't know who Chris Roberts was until they discovered Star Citizen. There are a lot of us and we are a fast growing part of the Star Citizen community.

There is growing new guard due to a perfect storm. The game being playable due to client-side OCS and new game features and environments has brought in a lot of new people. In my case i only became a backer after a woman told me in a Second Life group voice chat that procedural planets were going to be a thing (she sent me a link to the Homestead Demo) and that playable female characters were coming soon with both likely to make an appearance in 3.0 (i know right!?). Knowing nothing of the delays SC has had i enthusiastically pledged in Dec 2016 for an Aurora starter package. Today we have OCS, FPS AI (derpy as it is, its something), 2 landable planets, 9 landable moons and landable planetoid with ourposts, stations even cities with trains and stuff. And i finally get to play with a character which represents me making it all finally immesive. This probably doesn't surprise you but friends i have who are also female and game have held off until they could play with a female character.

Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter.

The reason Rexzilla gets the huge audience he does are because he offers something none of the old guard offered:

a) A positive attitude taking advantage of the sandbox, sci-fi space sim we have today rather than theorycrafting and wishing for what we might have in the future.

So many of the Star Citizen streamers fall into a "negative nancy" mode. i totally get why they're like this, because for most of their streaming life there was no playable game. Old habits die hard and now that there is one its hard for them to break out of this. Instead of taking Chris Roberts seriously when he has repeatedly stated Star Citizen would be a sort of Space Second Life, they spend time talking about delays on gameplay mechanics even though we have cargo and mining.

b) Accessibility. Most of the older Star Citizen streamers have had an air about them of "I'm the streamer, you watch me but that's it." In other words, they kept a wall between themselves and people who might want to join in with what they're doing. Rexzilla has taken the opposite approach, he welcomes everyone to play with him and have epic experiences as a group. i am part of ZDF as well as my own org and i can tell you, we're not actors. We do some light roleplay but we're all there to have a good time. Part of that is following instructions but you have that in any org. My org did the same type of ops on a regular basis, we didn't stream them but they do require willing participants, clear comms and clear leadership. Its the same in the ZDF. Whether we are part of the ground forces or support and combat pilots (those ships you see on his streams are often there to protect the op against stream snipers, i know because i took one down in my Glaive).

c) Personality. Sorry but many of the older guard remind me of my dad trying to play games in the way they interact with the audience. Its boring, even when they are doing something midly interesting because they just don't have the energy or hype level Rex does.

Fear of the new leads to salt. You've seen it and commented on it with reactions to Rex's rise. i've seen it personally on a much smaller level as some people who are fans of TheBase radio station have attacked The Peoples Radio (TPR), the immersive, Star Citizen station i started. Older backers have thrown shade at us even though we're doing something quite different than TheBase in terms of content and our target demographics (newer and younger backers and a more diverse audience in general). This some of this low level salt among older fans of TheBase goes on even though Juntau from TheBase and i get along great and respect each other. In fact he recently had some very nice things to say about us and our quick rise on The Captain's Table. CIG loves our weekly news program (we've been the Staff Pick in the Community Hub on CIG's site and they and even made me an MVP for it one week. Again, it's because we use the game to make immersive content now. Everything is content to us, een bugs. It's that kind of positive attitude the community has responded to both with us and Rexzilla (who gives us shoutouts from time to time).

ZDF as an org is bigger than Rexzilla. It's not just an org, its a movement. The ZDF does a lot of stuff on and off stream not involving Rexzilla. This ranges from Star Marine tournaments to participating in the 50 person pub craw i organized in Star Citizen. Most large orgs with charasmatic leaders would not have responded the way ZDF did when i put the idea out there seeking both security and participants. (i know this having interacted with them in the past). Rexzilla was reachable and their support of the event helped ensure it was success but they were one of like 5 smaller orgs who all contributed to that. We managed to fill a server with people all involved in the event on a day servers were going down left and right due to 30K errors related to an FPS AI mission. Wakapedia from CIG even came in at the end of the pub crawl and let us all in the Million Mile High Club in Area 18 making for more great content both on the stream and for TPR News.

So i guess what i'm saying is this is all organic growth of the game and a demographic change. i had a good conversation the other day on Discord with another content creator when this very subject came up. i asked her what she thought would happen as people who like and play Fortnite now start coming over to playing Star Citizen and she nearly spit her coffee out both because she knows its inevitable and the reaction will be a culture shock not unlike what you're seeing happening now with the emergence of Rex and the ZDF.

A game like this can not be successful based on old money and old salt alone. Too many older backers and streamers are jaded and what Rex has proven is that almost no one wants to watch endless negativity of what is missing from the game when the alternative is watching and/or participating in some epic, community created sandbox gameplay with the amazing locales, weapons and ships CIG has created.

PS: Yes i did buy $10K worth of ships during the height of the cryptocurrency boom the same amount of crypto i used back then is worth about $1500 today. The same foresight that helped me see that Ethereum would be something worth mining and holding on to at the end of 2015 (when it was $0.40 cents and helped me pursuade my boyfriend to start mining and trading before we sold when it went above $1,000 is the same foresight i've used in seeing the long view of this game's development.

Doing the former paid of my student loans. Doing the later will pay off in many years of fun. In some ways, it already has.

i hope this clears things up. i am fairly certain that what we are witnessing isn't some co-ordinated marketing campaign. it's the result of years of game development and an influx of new blood.

if you want, feel free to share this in its entirety.

Anyway, I'm still inclined to believe in my :tinfoil: theory, because I'm old, salty, and 4 years past giving CIG the benefit of any doubt. But maybe I'm deluded. After all, sometimes, you gotta believe!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1119676710469791745

Big streamer BikeMan played Star Citizen for 7 hours yesterday: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414158046

First 20 minutes: little enthusiasm, annoyance at a few bugs and timesinks. Now I'm bored and closed the video. Sponsored stream? Not sure.

dude you missed foip

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/414158046?t=01h44m35s

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I've thought about trying to get on a call with like Twerk or Erris or someone and doing the whole "reasonable detractor" song and dance a couple times, but honestly it's too much effort for something that nobody - including me - really cares that much about. I'd rather just do ARGcasts where I can say poo poo like "Yeah, Star Citizen is good... if you like POOP" once every couple minutes and spend the rest of the time chugging bourbon like the world is about to end. I do think I might try and go to one of these bar citizens though, not to disrupt anything but just to see what they're like.

Haha, don't bother, I've tried (well, one of my alts) and they are 100% cowardly shills. They are not going to have someone come to own them on their own territory for everybody to see. They do know how the cookie crumbles, and are aware that the game is poo poo and in trouble so there is zero chance you'll be there.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That reminds me a lot of the ridiculous "negotiations" different clans used to do all the time on the RSI forums. That poo poo was rad, it was the most embarrassing poo poo I had ever seen and literally everyone acted like it was perfectly normal lmao

trucutru posted:

Haha, don't bother, I've tried (well, one of my alts) and they are 100% cowardly shills. They are not going to have someone come to own them on their own territory for everybody to see. They do know how the cookie crumbles, and are aware that the game is poo poo and in trouble so there is zero chance you'll be there.

Eh, I have enough cred as "the good star citizen hater" (or at least "the occasionally reasonable star citizen hater") that I could probably cash it in to get on one of those shows. Twerk encouraged me to go to a Bar Citizen today, and I'm cool enough with Erris I could probably con my way on (I vaguely remember Dapper Don suggesting it on twitter and him not hating the idea) but like... what would be the point? It would just be a hot wet pile of nothing. It would 100% boil down to "We both hope they make a good game, but I don't think they're going to and you think they are." I'm not really interested in trying to flex on people about why Star Citizen is bad anymore, and most of these guys have dialed their enthusiasm/zealotry enough that we all basically agree on the current state of things.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 21, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

It's like a pair of 2.5 pound turkeys.

Those are some tiny fowl. We're talking presidential pardon size in here. USA, USA!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

That reminds me a lot of the ridiculous "negotiations" different clans used to do all the time on the RSI forums. That poo poo was rad, it was the most embarrassing poo poo I had ever seen and literally everyone acted like it was perfectly normal lmao

Well it just looks that way now because you stopped trying to be positive, Beet.

If you need help, I know a guy...

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

In related news:
PM from Jade Starwatcher.

great now jedis are involved too

anyway way this gif...

...is awesome!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ChickenBuckets posted:

"What are the ups, do you think?"

Hopefully this short response will be sufficient to your question, as im purposely being short, without elaborating too much.

So,

the up to SC is that it is improving with each patch by adding foundations that are built upon other foundations in code, and in my opinion it is. From stability in network performance, multicrew stability, new flight/combat dynamics, to improved mission givers and places to explore, such as pirate bases or pickup sites, to adding more larger areas of interests such as the new Area 18 that can be used later down the road to make other cities, outposts, etc. A huge chunk of ex-Crytek software engineers who now work for CIG have been working hard on CryEngine now StarEngine/Lumberyard to make Star Citizen preform the way it does at this time with build 3.5. CIG is very fortunate to have the right engineers to make these developing foundations of code to make a finalized product in a few more years. Which as a backer is a very good thing, and one im very glad they were able to secure.

However, we are dealing with a product that is not done, and I think that can frustrate people who are not used to having a product not finished, some here would argue its not a game, and that is fine, it is filled with bugs, but they do keep also have a system on their website called the issue-council where players can submit found bug reports and help developers spot problems that may be overlooked until after game release, where the backers can assist CIG as development goes on, hence minimizing exploits, or hard to track down bugs.

Alpha development is not for everyone, SC is not perfect, but at no time is this being sold to anyone as a final product, so there has to be some understanding from the player base.

Anyways I hope that may have answered your question, albeit short and not perfect, but a response none the less.

Thank you for the honest response and sorry if people in here have a go at you over it. It can be very hard to come in here with any kind of positive outlook on the project and I do respect that some people can still do it.

I mean I think you're wrong, for suresies, but I respect it.

I just don't see the foundations you mention- I cannot even grant the four or five things you list directly. Multicrew and network performance continue to be terrible, with multiple server-side crashes, lag, and jitter, even at the microserver 50-player level. They've added new mission givers, but I haven't seen any substantive improvements to the missions- they are all still largely broken, and mostly just box delivery (or now, ship delivery I guess)- essentially the bare rudiments instead of an expansive system that could populate an MMO. I will concede that they've added huge swathes of new land that could be populated with interesting stuff. But it isn't. The working theory in here has been that it's pretty easy to make a big planet with the right tools, but all that hand-placed content takes enormous time and they just don't seem to have the competence to scale up to more than one quest giver per quarter-year, even.

The issue council is bullshit, if you're really paying attention to the project you know this- there are bugs that have been on there for 3 years, critical bugs, like "Missiles do not work" and CIG has not fixed, and seemingly has no interest in fixing, these problems. These are at the core of the game, there are multiple ships rendered completely useless and it is impossible to balance combat with half the systems non-functional but that is exactly what they are doing. Backers have never assisted CIG in this endeavor because CIG doesn't care what you think.

Alpha development is a shield from criticism for a product that has had ~7 years to get anywhere and failed to do so. I will not withhold my criticisms until a person in a suit tells me that it's okay to do so. It directly flies in the face of your previous assertion anyway- if we're to help them build a game, how can we do that without telling them where it's gone wrong? Everywhere. It has gone wrong everywhere.

Let's Play: Bridge Crew VR!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agony Aunt posted:

Hmm... he's using BNB's account. Now, i'm no legal expert, but i'm pretty sure that is against T&Cs for just about any online game/service.

Apparently because BNB has all the ships... well, that explains how invested BNB is, although maybe he got some gifted early on when he was one of CIG's darlings, before they dumped him.

CIG will basically throw an all-access streamer account at you if you have the slightest platform, BNB has one

Turns out the ships are basically worthless and they can distribute them like candy if they choose!

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 21, 2019

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Like the points about Rex not being a complete wet blanket are good and fair, but do we really need this lady telling us how supercool she is and predicted all the crypto things and how ZDF is the real cool org?

Why can't the answer be that Rex is the minimally competent face the company found to shill it's poo poo?

EDIT: and Sarsa down there requoting it made me realize that it's basically impossible for what Jade says there about relative value of crypto to be correct. Unless she was in some of the really scammy poo poo, in which case.....

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 21, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

:words:
PS: Yes i did buy $10K worth of ships during the height of the cryptocurrency boom the same amount of crypto i used back then is worth about $1500 today. The same foresight that helped me see that Ethereum would be something worth mining and holding on to at the end of 2015 (when it was $0.40 cents and helped me pursuade my boyfriend to start mining and trading before we sold when it went above $1,000 is the same foresight i've used in seeing the long view of this game's development.

Kind of overlooked that part in my first read-through

Hmm yes cryptocurrency person who spent $10k worth of bitcoin on Star Citizen, I am swayed by your judgement and passion for this product and your clear ability to not lose all your loving money on dumb scams

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Cool Buff Man posted:

Rex gets under 200 real viewers, "several thousand Star Citizen twitch viewers" is a line out of one of their ship sales. If I knew how to get in touch with Newsweek to make fun of their gullibility I would and I'd say "you dumb guys" or "you stupid dumb guys"

Oh yeah, I’m aware of the heavy viewbotting and the obvious fact that he’s payed for and heavily supported by CIG. Someone posted a good breakdown of his numbers compared to other streamers and his chat engagement is always way below his total views.

The few thousand streaming audience is what I would say is the total market for SC viewership, a subset of the 30 thousand or so remaining hardcore backers, not the number of real views he has at any given time.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Any time someone reveals that they have 10k in ships at this stage in the game's life, I assume anything they say afterwards is probably to push ships on the grey market

Or I could be totally wrong and Star Citizen's only going up up up!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Eh, I have enough cred as "the good star citizen hater" (or at least "the occasionally reasonable star citizen hater") that I could probably cash it in to get on one of those shows. Twerk encouraged me to go to a Bar Citizen today, and I'm cool enough with Erris I could probably con my way on (I vaguely remember Dapper Don suggesting it on twitter and him not hating the idea) but like... what would be the point? It would just be a hot wet pile of nothing. It would 100% boil down to "We both hope they make a good game, but I don't think they're going to and you think they are." I'm not really interested in trying to flex on people about why Star Citizen is bad anymore, and most of these guys have dialed their enthusiasm/zealotry enough that we all basically agree on the current state of things.

Well, sure, in the end it will be pointless (like every loving thing in those shows) so the only real reason to go is for your own personal amusement. But you can surely do much more than present your opinion, there are plenty of facts that show just how hosed up things are. With a little effort you can present a list of features that were supposed to have come out like 3 years ago and show how CIG has been dangling them in front of the backers as part of the next patch +1 before moving them to patch +2. Or show glitches that have been there since the start that are supposed to have been fixed and so on.

And your cred is as cockroach king.

Sarsapariller posted:

The issue council is bullshit, if you're really paying attention to the project you know this- there are bugs that have been on there for 3 years, critical bugs, like "Missiles do not work" and CIG has not fixed, and seemingly has no interest in fixing, these problems.

I'm pretty sure they have a lot of interest in fixing their missiles. The problem is that they can't right now and won't be able to do jack poo poo until they iron out all their server tech (unless they want to spend a lot of resources in a stopgap solution that will have to be replaced later on). Missiles *are* ships right now and consume an incredible amount of server resources, because that was the easy thing to do like six years ago and now they are hosed.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 21, 2019

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

Or I could be totally wrong and Star Citizen's only going up up up!

Well, since they are 10k in, I hope CrobbearCoin works out for them.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCaUbHs7EMc

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Sarsapariller posted:

Kind of overlooked that part in my first read-through

Hmm yes cryptocurrency person who spent $10k worth of bitcoin on Star Citizen, I am swayed by your judgement and passion for this product and your clear ability to not lose all your loving money on dumb scams

That's now #2 today I've read talking about those kind of numbers in crypto. This is Thylbana Nyx

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

G0RF posted:

In related news:

Last week out of the blue, I received a Reddit PM from Jade Starwatcher. I've not been on Reddit much lately, not written much on Reddit about Rex, and haven't interacted with Jade Starwatcher before.

She'd seen a Rexzilla/Redbull post I’d written months back and wanted to offer a rebuttal. I wrote a lot of things about Rex for a spell, and I'm not sure exactly which post it was she was responding to, but I assume it was one like this:

In her view, his ascent is entirely organic and has been misunderstood and unfairly mischaracterized. She didn't believe there was any marketing coordination with CIG.

...though to be honest, I'm not sure that this latest example would change her mind.

Anyway, I'm still inclined to believe in my :tinfoil: theory, because I'm old, salty, and 4 years past giving CIG the benefit of any doubt. But maybe I'm deluded. After all, sometimes, you gotta believe!

Yeah, no. Everything about his sudden rise as the face of Star Citizen reeks of an organized marketing ploy, down to their being CIG employees in the chat trying to make sure everything runs smoothly. You only have to hang out in his stream for a a few minutes to see how artificial it all is. No professional streamer would go into Star Citizen full time at this point without being offered a stable income from CIG.

He's a tireless hype man, endlessly pushing the hard sell for spaceship JPEGs in a time when every other SC streamer is at best optimistic with an extreme dose of caution. He is now the only streamer CIG promotes, and gets conspicuous mention in every one of their paid games media puff pieces.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

rePool posted:

That's now #2 today I've read talking about those kind of numbers in crypto. This is Thylbana Nyx

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Full counterpoint to any argument, regardless of what it is, that Star Citizen is coming along and will eventually be out:

Chris Roberts.

Full supporting evidence for my counterpoint:

The entire history of Chris Roberts.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Some posts just look worse and worse the more time passes.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

Here's one of my favorites:

:reddit: posted:

I am a firm believer that the reason Daybreak went quiet is because what they are working on is so special it can't be leaked*. It's a special time for gaming, graphics no longer have much limitations**, VR is about to set the industry ablaze***, streaming and creating your own media through gameplay is alive and healthy and 4k gaming will be coming. They are trying to create something new and fresh****. Look at all the other MMO's out. They get like a two week twitch hype and everyone is done with them in a few months because they suck so much.

Why should daybreak shoot their selves in the foot by releasing secrets just because you guys feel entitled to news*****?

I myself to are tired of the negativity, I see through what others can't look past******. They see a game that won't be released, I just see a success.

They have the money they need*******, no time limitations, SOE is no longer holding them back******** from being a SONY only console game if they so choose and the list just continues...I mean you can go on and on about all the good reason the game is very much alive.

That is why I am a firm believer that EqNext is alive and well.

All the standard talking points are in place.

* Secret dev build.
** Fidelity!
*** VR_Switch=1
**** Never been done before!
***** Detractors are just impatient.
****** Backers are special and understand game development; detractors are ignorant and lack vision.
******* Tracker!
******** No evil publishers!

The only thing missing from the quote is that the game is loving dead.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G0RF posted:

In related news:

Its not just an org, its a movement.

Yeah, i had a movement earlier today, a bowel movement.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Popete posted:

Of course they know, but its a buggy half finished game and it lacks fidelity and space legs, while Star Citizen has... erm... space legs, and more content in a single crater than the whole of ED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Agony Aunt posted: