Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who was it that wanted the Hoonicorn?

https://imgur.com/a/LqXj6kT

Memememememe, it’s a day 1 purchase for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At lepin includes the good battery box and not the one that requires six AAs like Lego does.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Cojawfee posted:

At lepin includes the good battery box and not the one that requires six AAs like Lego does.

God, that is the most annoying thing about the Vestas windmill. The irony of needing 6 AA batteries to power it is not lost on me.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
That's pretty dope but lol at "Technician"

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
There's a really good Lancia Stratos built by Jonathan Elliott, so I bought the instructions from his website to build one for myself. It has a few issues I didn't like: the rockers stuck out of the sides a bit, the tail was a bit too angular, the deck was a bit gappy, and it didn't fit a minifig. So, with all credit to Jonathan Elliott for the original design and build, here's a modified version that brings it a little closer to what I personally wanted.

I rounded the sides more using curved slopes instead of cheese slopes. On the rear, I extended the deck a little bit so that its gaps could be filled. I rounded the tail a bit and added its signal lights and a larger muffler and exhaust. I also built up the rear louvers using panel pieces, as opposed to the serrated slopes used on the original.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
YES. Also would love a Delta to go with the WRC Ford

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Avenger's Tower is up with $75 purchase of Marvel stuff. Their selection is pretty low, I'm trying to avoid pulling the trigger on just two Hall of Armors.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Everything except the avengers base is p great, but two hall of armors isn’t a bad choice

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I have every* Iron Man minifigure and I MOC'd a Hall of Armor in Stud.io once so seeing an official release with that many exclusives feels good.

*not the Toy Fair one or whatever it was though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reminds me, I still have the Silver Centurion polybag one unopened somewhere in storage. I’d definitely add him to the hall.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been building the carousel. I'd have to say this is my least favorite build. Repetitive and finicky as gently caress. Certain steps are hard to get done without knocking other pieces off. Very aggravating. At least I am through the worst of it.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been building the carousel. I'd have to say this is my least favorite build. Repetitive and finicky as gently caress. Certain steps are hard to get done without knocking other pieces off. Very aggravating. At least I am through the worst of it.

Haha, no you're not. The last pages are a chore.

It's worth it though, it's gorgeous.

I didn't have trouble with knocking bits over or it being finicky.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When you build the spinning base, you have to flip it over to attach it to the set base. Certain pieces kept popping off while doing that. eventually I just put them back on after flipping.

But the real bad part was the part that goes over the middle on the top before attaching the actual top. It's the piece that attaches to the four 4x4 white tiles with the 4 studs on the side. Every time I pushed down to get it to attach, one of the sides of the middle would pop off. Then I'd have to remove the top then take apart the piece that popped off because it uses hinges and needs to be put on the middle just so. loving infuriating. Took 6 or 7 tries. That section is very flimsy and could have used a bit more support on top so that wouldn't happen.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Odd, I didn't have those issues at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yer lucky. This is the first time I've ever gotten angry while building a set. And it's not due to anything I did wrong. Just poor design. Any time you put plates on top of plates it can get finicky, though. FWIW, it is steps 193-200. 200 is the crux of it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zodack posted:

Avenger's Tower is up with $75 purchase of Marvel stuff. Their selection is pretty low, I'm trying to avoid pulling the trigger on just two Hall of Armors.
Been thinking about getting the Ultron Hulkbuster the last couple of days, so this is good a reason as any to pull the trigger on that.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Padme in the podracer set comes with the new bendable short legs. Weird.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Lord Hydronium posted:

Been thinking about getting the Ultron Hulkbuster the last couple of days, so this is good a reason as any to pull the trigger on that.

It's a really great set and display piece. The build is pretty fun too even if you do double up on arms and legs. I've got it at my desk. LED gimmick is silly and doesn't quite work but it comes with an exclusive figure, too.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Zodack posted:

Thanks is for the reminder, got my War Machine Buster and Hall or Armor ordered.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Apparently Lego is doing the Disney train for like 320. Also Harry Potter sets are starting to leak in terrible images.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Stopped by TLS in Columbus and found the Chess Set on clearance for $43. Had $25 in VIP credit too, so just over $20 after tax for almost 1500 pieces.

It was a repetitive build like nothing else I've even done, but my 7yo got extremely involved and she would build all the pawns while I did the king/queen and then we split the rest of the pieces. She also did most of the actual chessboard tile pieces after I did the 2x2 single stud plates.

Then she proceeded to DESTROY her 11yo brother at checkers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's fantastic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can't figure out if my next big one should be the Tantive or the Y Wing...I think I want the Tantive more, but I also don't want the Y Wing to go oop before I get my hands on it. Decisions.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Can't figure out if my next big one should be the Tantive or the Y Wing...I think I want the Tantive more, but I also don't want the Y Wing to go oop before I get my hands on it. Decisions.

The Y Wing for sure. Though I'm super biased as the Y-Wing is my favorite Star Wars ship and I have 3 different ones, including the UCS.

Though seriously, the greebling on it is great. Ultra attention to detail.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I’m in the same boat, although with having the Rogue One Y-Wing as a really nice smaller scale version and not owning any of the previous Tantive IV sets I think I’m more tempted by that

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Scipiotik posted:

Apparently Lego is doing the Disney train for like 320. Also Harry Potter sets are starting to leak in terrible images.

My wife and my interests collide!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

djfooboo posted:

My wife and my interests collide!

Sounds messy

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
Dangit. Do I want the current X-Wing or finally grab a LAAT Gunship? Isnt the LAAT due for a re-release soon? Or the Tantive IV. I'm still missing a Leia fig.

Or more baseplates to expand my spaceport.

On the subject of the Gunship, theres. A sweet moc of the ARC LAAT from the 2d clone wars, and Im tempted to just buy the parts for it as it is only marginaĺy more pricy to part out then buying the official set used.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

N17R4M posted:

Dangit. Do I want the current X-Wing or finally grab a LAAT Gunship? Isnt the LAAT due for a re-release soon? Or the Tantive IV. I'm still missing a Leia fig.

Or more baseplates to expand my spaceport.

On the subject of the Gunship, theres. A sweet moc of the ARC LAAT from the 2d clone wars, and Im tempted to just buy the parts for it as it is only marginaĺy more pricy to part out then buying the official set used.

Current X-Wing is on discount at a lot of retailers for around $60 right now and it's great. Imo it's a nearly perfect Like, I think I like it better than my UCS Red 5. X-Wing is my favorite ship so it's probably one of my top sets.

Werix posted:

The Y Wing for sure. Though I'm super biased as the Y-Wing is my favorite Star Wars ship and I have 3 different ones, including the UCS.

Though seriously, the greebling on it is great. Ultra attention to detail.

Yeah I'll probably opt for the Y-Wing since I'll have a least a year to get the Tantive and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be one that doesn't stick around forever.

I wish they had made a new canopy part for it. Not that it doesn't look pretty good but it gives it a an appearance that makes it look so close to the R1 Y-Wing it makes it hard to wanna sped $200 on it even though I've seen it and it is actually a lot bigger and more detailed.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 21, 2019

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Help I can't stop buying Speed Champions

Just ordered the Camaro and Fiesta as well, gonna have to figure out how to fit them into the lineup.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Help I can't stop buying Speed Champions

Just ordered the Camaro and Fiesta as well, gonna have to figure out how to fit them into the lineup.

Nothing wrong with that!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just got the new Expert ‘Stang.

Can’t wait!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Feenix posted:

Just got the new Expert ‘Stang.

Can’t wait!

It’s an awesome build, have fun!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

If you guys wanted to unload a LEGO collection valued a bit over 6k retail (sealed boxes). What would the best method be? Craigslist, Offer Up, eBay or Bricklink? I'm just weary of setting up auctions on eBay and then having people also trying to buy the same stuff off the other sites. Maybe I'm wrong. Surely someone has experience in this.

This includes things like OG SW Cantina, Wall-e, old Ghostbusters car and the Delorean.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New sets sell the best. Just create or use your BL account. Set fair prices and it will all sell eventually. Fair = slightly below everyone else. Get a postage scale and make sure to charge appropriate shipping.

And...list everything here first. ;)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think bricklink would be best. The buyers will be people into lego, and not just assholes on ebay looking for a deal. And you'll have an idea of what they are selling for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And you have much better seller protection. In fact, BL is just plain lovely to the buyers at this point. They haven't figured out what ebay did: the buyers are what brings in $$ so take care of them. In the past, there were a lot of sellers taking advantage of buyers. They can't do that any more and things are better.

On BL, if you are a bad seller there isn't much a buyer can do. Seller lies and sends and incomplete set? Oh well. BL isn't going to do poo poo. Buyer is unhappy? Oh well, it's on them to send it back, if the seller will even accept the return.

I communicated this to one of the admins and they basically said: if we don't treat the sellers right they won't sell here so there won't be anything to buy. :rolleyes:

Your fees are much better on BL as a seller, too. And you can pass on your PP and all shipping fees to the buyer and they don't have much they can do about it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

IG-88 posted:

If you guys wanted to unload a LEGO collection valued a bit over 6k retail (sealed boxes). What would the best method be? Craigslist, Offer Up, eBay or Bricklink? I'm just weary of setting up auctions on eBay and then having people also trying to buy the same stuff off the other sites. Maybe I'm wrong. Surely someone has experience in this.

This includes things like OG SW Cantina, Wall-e, old Ghostbusters car and the Delorean.

Is the Ghostbusters car the 21108 Ecto-1? If it is and it’s new in box I’ll make you an offer. I gave up on eBay. Trying to buy Lego on eBay is frustrating as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Is the Ghostbusters car the 21108 Ecto-1? If it is and it’s new in box I’ll make you an offer. I gave up on eBay. Trying to buy Lego on eBay is frustrating as hell.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lego+21108&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_sop=15

What is so hard about this? Buy it now or use a sniping program on one of the others. Ebay is extremely easy.