Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I know it's gonna get crap because nobody died and because nothing truly advanced, but I loved that episode.

Yeah, same, episodes 1 and 2 this season are a great preamble full of fanservice-y but quiet and emotional moments leading into the climax before everyone dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

If they knew what's good they'd have a giant gently caress off dragon fight, it's night time so you can even hide the bad CGI

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Anyone else call Arya/Gendry back in like Season 2?

Oh come on theres fanfiction for every possible permutation of characters.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah it seemed pretty obvious.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

aight we're heading into the fight of all our lives right before this poo poo kicks off lemme just tell the notoriously powerhungry person in charge that their claim to leadership is actually mine lol

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Also, its super obvious who will die next episode, now that characters have served their narrative purpose since the show is way more predictable than the source.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It was pretty obvious.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Episode was alright, aside from Arya loving Gendry and some really forced poo poo like the Sansa and Dany scene. I have to assume the heroes are going to lose and most of them are going to die, with the survivors fleeing somewhere while the NK marches on King's Landing.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

NutritiousSnack posted:

Why would Dany even loving care outside of saying good, she comes from the incest kings and queens.

Because she just lost her rightful claim with a male heir alive. Who cares about the loving!

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

NowonSA posted:

Yep, seems about right that Jon would beef it at tell Dany at literally the worst time.

yeah for real, he looked like he was about to throw up every time she tried to make eye contact in this episode, he couldnt hold it together at all lmao

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Y'know, hiding all the noncombatants in a crypt full of dead bodies when your enemies can raise the dead has... a certain obvious flaw as a plan. Wonder if that's what the "the dead are already here" bit was about actually.

EDIT: Doh, see somebody else caught that.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
that episode was loving dire

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

double negative posted:

aight we're heading into the fight of all our lives right before this poo poo kicks off lemme just tell the notoriously powerhungry person in charge that their claim to leadership is actually mine lol

The honorable thing would have been for Jon to say "I don't care about my claim. You can have the Iron Throne."

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I know it's gonna get crap because nobody died and because nothing truly advanced, but I loved that episode.

Same, its a reminder of why we should give a crap that probably 75% of these people will die in the next few weeks.

Well give a crap about some of them, couldn't give a toss if grey worm does really.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm guessing everyone in the crypt is dust at this point.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

teagone posted:

The honorable thing would have been for Jon to say "I don't care about my claim. You can have the Iron Throne."

"I don't even like the name. Jon sounds much better"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robot Mil posted:

Well give a crap about some of them, couldn't give a toss if grey worm does really.

The gently caress.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MadDogMike posted:

Y'know, hiding all the noncombatants in a crypt full of dead bodies when your enemies can raise the dead has... a certain obvious flaw as a plan. Wonder if that's what the "the dead are already here" bit was about actually.

EDIT: Doh, see somebody else caught that.

I'm guessing they'd put like a couple combat ready guys down there just in case.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Calling my lovely prediction now:

Winterfell gets hosed. Mass evacuation to the Iron Isles. Body count normalizes after two episodes of reminding people to care.

Night King fucks up a LOT of poo poo, makes it all the way down to King's Landing.

Golden Company welps the gently caress out.

Cersei finds herself Queen of a city full of dead people.

"Burn them all."

Tormund fucks Brienne, ushering forth a new dynasty of badass super babies.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a pity pappa Stark was decapitated, who could have had Ded Stark killing younglings

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MadDogMike posted:

Everyone’s saying that, but a bunch of brittle-rear end skeletons aren’t going to be able to punch their way out of their crypts. Ned’s probably the freshest body there.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Groovelord Neato posted:

drat I could go for some Zombie Dust right now, Three Floyd's is a helluva brewery.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

teagone posted:

Lol why, she's a lovely leader and loving nuts

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm guessing they'd put like a couple combat ready guys down there just in case.

Yeah that little girl with the brothers who are soldiers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zenguitarman posted:

Is that Florence and the loving machine

Florence rules

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*finds out she incested with her nephew* you mean i'm NOT the heir???

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Sydin posted:

Episode was alright, aside from Arya loving Gendry and some really forced poo poo like the Sansa and Dany scene. I have to assume the heroes are going to lose and most of them are going to die, with the survivors fleeing somewhere while the NK marches on King's Landing.

I kind of assumed that the Sansa and Dany scene was meant to be forced. Like, she isn't really trying to best best mates with Sansa, she was just badly pretending to be nice to try and get Sansa on side. It was super fake and obvious but it seemed like that's kinda true of Dany, she isn't used to being nice to people instead of whining at or killing them...

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

hobbesmaster posted:

Oh come on theres fanfiction for every possible permutation of characters.

I just did the factorial for that and my computer shot itself.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is there a more or less verified spoiler list or something i just wanna read how it ends and maybe come abck to this another time

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Having Sophie Turner and Emilia Clarke in a scene together reading Dave Hill dialogue is one of my worst nightmares

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

two episodes out of a 6 episode season where literally nothing has happened

Exactly

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Calling my lovely prediction now:

Winterfell gets hosed. Mass evacuation to the Iron Isles. Body count normalizes after two episodes of reminding people to care.

Night King fucks up a LOT of poo poo, makes it all the way down to King's Landing.

Golden Company welps the gently caress out.

Cersei finds herself Queen of a city full of dead people.

"Burn them all."

Tormund fucks Brienne, ushering forth a new dynasty of badass super babies.

I was literally making a mental list of People Who Are Going To Die In The Next Couple Episodes. So far, I've got Theon, Ser Jorah, Jaime, Pod, and Davos.

Theon is WAY up at number one, because there is no loving WAY he survives a confrontation with the Night King in the godswood.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Having Sophie Turner and Emilia Clarke in a scene together reading Dave Hill dialogue is one of my worst nightmares

i thought clarke was going to ask her to be her hand or something, ya that wasn't any good

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

teagone posted:

The gently caress.

He’s one day from retirement!

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

dont trust anyone who didnt immediately skip past the arya gendry scene

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Robot Mil posted:

I kind of assumed that the Sansa and Dany scene was meant to be forced. Like, she isn't really trying to best best mates with Sansa, she was just badly pretending to be nice to try and get Sansa on side. It was super fake and obvious but it seemed like that's kinda true of Dany, she isn't used to being nice to people instead of whining at or killing them...

yeah i was thinking daenerys was faking it but emilia clarke is a bad actor so i couldn't tell.

double negative posted:

dont trust anyone who didnt immediately skip past the arya gendry scene

yeah the second he showed up i just zipped right on lol

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

two episodes out of a 6 episode season where literally nothing has happened

lmbo gently caress off with this poo poo. You're whining about exposition in a show that started a decade ago when we're not going to see half these characters again. We deserve these moments. You want to be all like "beep boop the show did not advance the plot therefore it is bad writing beep" when Jaime just knighted Brienne, or Sam gave Jorah his family sword as if that doesn't mean poo poo in this character driven story. You and the Zaphod42's of the world: I'm sure I speak for over half of the thread readers when I say "lmbo gently caress off".

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Groovelord Neato posted:

My god. The Night King's going to raise the dust and everyone will have horrible, horrible allergies. The villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mnoba posted:

i thought clarke was going to ask her to be her hand or something, ya that wasn't any good

i thought that too, but you see that would've been interesting so it had no possibility of occurring