Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

I just remembered, when Bran first got to the other 3-eyed raven they were attacked by skeletons that didn't have much if any meat left on them, so really a crypt full of skeletons is still doable. That might have just been the three-eyed raven's home defense system though.

I hope they are cgi skeletons ala the clash of the titans to save budget for dragons and fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Really disappointed with the motivation they're giving the Others. It's the most boring by-the-numbers poo poo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I work the Sunday night shifts in a pharmacy. For the most part it's pretty chill, but enough people come that I can't view the episode without having to pause every 10 mins.

Decided the best next option was to read goons reaction.

Completely lost my poo poo laughing when the Arya/Gendry scene reactions started.

A customer was sideglancing at me from the shampoo isle like :chloe:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

i mean i hope she does but she's survived decisions/actions that got way better characters killed off way easier. she's pulled like 20 robb starks yet there she is.

Interesting how dragons can bail you out of almost anything.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

why didn't they keep the first dude? he was actually scary.

left to do the hobbit and then Peter Jackson replaced him with a CGI face

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Tormund and Jaime and Brienne are going to live...right? :ohdear:

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Anyway, my prediction is that the characters I don't like are going to die and the characters I do like are going to live.

Or is it the characters I don't like are going to live and the characters I do like are going to die. I get them confused.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Really disappointed with the motivation they're giving the Others. It's the most boring by-the-numbers poo poo.

the series would've been far more interesting without them so it's fitting they're just mindless kill everything badguys.

hobbesmaster posted:

Interesting how dragons can bail you out of almost anything.

they were just eggs during some of them!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

this "the Night King will raise the dead in the crypt" theory is dumb because all those corpses are loving dust at this point, and it's gonna make me mad when it's right

Why would they be dust underground in a really cold place. Have you seen those bodies on Everest, dead Starks are very well preserved, at least their bones would be

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The World Inferno posted:

well

Couldn't say I had arya sex scene on my bingo sheet

Gendry and Arya ending up together was telegraphed to hell but I really did not expect an actual sex scene, especially one prefaced by Arya making sure he hasn't slept around too much as if she's making sure she doesn't get chlamydia

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

lezard_valeth posted:

I work the Sunday night shifts in a pharmacy. For the most part it's pretty chill, but enough people come that I can't view the episode without having to pause every 10 mins.

Decided the best next option was to read goons reaction.

Completely lost my poo poo laughing when the Arya/Gendry scene reactions started.

A customer was sideglancing at me from the shampoo isle like :chloe:

lol

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

turtlecrunch posted:

Yes, and they get poly-married and share the Iron Throne

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tormund is definitely gonna die.

Brian and Jaime both like 90% gonna die.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Gendry and Arya ending up together was telegraphed to hell but I really did not expect an actual sex scene, especially one prefaced by Arya making sure he hasn't slept around too much as if she's making sure she doesn't get chlamydia

Haha, yeah that was exactly the impression I got as well

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

:yeah:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

precision posted:

this was the weirdest part, like I couldn't tell what angle she was going for like what it mattered how many chicks he'd nailed. then i realized what a horrible sexist i am just because a girl was concerned of a guys sleeping habits :smith:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's only like 2 people on the show right now who would be a better fit for the Iron Throne than Tormund right now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

turtlecrunch posted:

Tormund and Brienne are deffo dead. I'm pulling for Jaime to survive.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

turtlecrunch posted:

The problem with making a low fantasy series that subverts the usual expectations, is that if you want it to turn high fantasy, eventually you will snag some tropes along the way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

bobjr posted:

There's only like 2 people on the show right now who would be a better fit for the Iron Throne than Tormund right now.
is one of them Davos

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Love 2 sleep

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

precision posted:

I couldn’t tell if it was that or if she was making sure this dick was gonna be good. It was weird.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

the series would've been far more interesting without them so it's fitting they're just mindless kill everything badguys.

Agreed, until you realize it's an analogy for climate change, and then it's depressing.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

itskage posted:

C'mon, there is no more reference material and we're on the last leg of a series that started in 2011. You can cry about it being hamfisted, but most people want to see these character interactions happens. Yes it's exposition, but we're at the end. If it didn't happen, then there'd be no character driven sequences. You're looking at the wide plot. Look at the individuals they brought together. So many of them were crucial to the plot and development of the show. If we don't have a few minutes of exposition, then we as the audience will never get a satisfactory resolution.

When they're this badly written (in some cases, badly acted as well) it just makes these episodes drag in a bad way.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

JT Jag posted:

is one of them Davos

Yeah but he's always seemed like one of the best choices for Hand of the King instead. Tormund would be Robert but good.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It’s the only thing that works given that the show ends in 4 episodes. I’d rather get something plain and boring that makes sense given the constraints than suddenly trying to squeeze in a whole bunch of complicated Night King backstory and motivation.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

itskage posted:

The problem with making a low fantasy series that subverts the usual expectations, is that if you want it to turn high fantasy, eventually you will snag some tropes along the way.

Brianne should shag both of them in a 3 way then have the dudes die off to zombies and the show ends with a freezeframe of her winking to sansa.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TyrantWD posted:

It’s the only thing that works given that the show ends in 4 episodes. I’d rather get something plain and boring that makes sense given the constraints than suddenly trying to squeeze in a whole bunch of complicated Night King backstory and motivation.

Agreed, if there was gonna be something more complex they should have started setting it up sometime in the 7 preceding seasons

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

Well they could have had more episodes to do that if they wanted.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
they could start episode 3 with brienne in bed looking relaxed, and pan over to tormund snoring loudly and save the series

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TyrantWD posted:

That's one hell of a backhanded compliment.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ginette Reno posted:

When they're this badly written (in some cases, badly acted as well) it just makes these episodes drag in a bad way.

I wish you could enjoy this stuff the way I and some others are enjoying it. Bummer you don't see it in the same way, but that's cool. Hopefully the next few episodes can satisfy everyone :)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

itskage posted:

Agreed, until you realize it's an analogy for climate change, and then it's depressing.

That analogy only holds weight if Westeros is destroyed, or comes very close to it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mnoba posted:

they could start episode 3 with brienne in bed looking relaxed, and pan over to tormund snoring loudly and save the series

Pan more to a shirtless Jaime quietly exiting the room

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Raccooon posted:

I couldn’t tell if it was that or if she was making sure this dick was gonna be good. It was weird.

Aryas a virgin but wants to be in control so she starts attacking Gendrys experiences, it's a borderline dom/sub relationship, its fine

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

I wish you could enjoy this stuff the way I and some others are enjoying it. Bummer you don't see it in the same way, but that's cool. Hopefully the next few episodes can satisfy everyone :)

The Jaime scene was good. And there's a handful of other decent scenes here and there.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Pan more to a shirtless Jaime quietly exiting the room

lmao

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
has anyone made a "the night king is going to try to punch theon in the dick" gag yet? if not, insert that here

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Good for Arya. Episode was fine. Just get on with it already I'm done with the foreplay.

And please for the love of the seven gods don't kill Davos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

I disagree but you're entitled to your bad opinions.