Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Warscrolls for new Kharadron and Sylvaneth warbands are up:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-thundriks-profiteers-en.pdf
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-yltharis-guardians-en.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

TKIY posted:

Touchups done, last steps are varnish, foliage and blood.

Your post just sold 2 Start Collecting Boxes + 9 Crypt Flayers. :v: :retrogames:

Is there a referral link I should have clicked?

Edit: 2000 point army for $245 dollars.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 20, 2019

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmuFPZp_3M

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Slaanesh: I have the weirdest boner right now.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Nash posted:

Slaanesh: I have the weirdest boner right now.

Slaanesh is a bit more:

My boner: I have the weirdest human right now

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I know somebody mentioned it in the thread before, but they really missed an opportunity to go with "HedoKnights"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I know somebody mentioned it in the thread before, but they really missed an opportunity to go with "HedoKnights"

My daemon is going to be named HedoRick. He's here for the rippin and the tearin.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Same with the khorne blood pilgrims or whatever the hell they are called instead of KILLGRIMS

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Hedoknights would imply some sort of knightly code though, so it doesn't make sense.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Plavski posted:

Hedoknights would imply some sort of knightly code though, so it doesn't make sense.

HedoCode: Biggest boner wins.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hihohe posted:

Same with the khorne blood pilgrims or whatever the hell they are called instead of KILLGRIMS

oh snap that's really good OP

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Got my 1000 points of Stormcast assembled, playing my first real game against my friend's Nurgle army. Is the +2 attacks vs Chaos artefact the way to go, or is there a less obvious one I'm missing.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

Got my 1000 points of Stormcast assembled, playing my first real game against my friend's Nurgle army. Is the +2 attacks vs Chaos artefact the way to go, or is there a less obvious one I'm missing.

If you know you're playing chaos then it's not a bad choice, no. The -1 rend artifact is also a good choice in general.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Battletome preview up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/battletome-preview-hedonites-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

This looks like a pretty important AoS podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nBT9DpO98

Will let you know when I'm done!

Update: It wasn't! Fun though

Plavski fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 22, 2019

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If anyone wants to buy 300 Skaven, hit me up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887830

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-B8-kt3jl4

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I've dug out my old skull pass minis with the dark whimsy of the new Moonclan models convincing me to finally buy in to AoS. Who could foresee that the thing to finally get me on board was the exact same that drew me to the old world :v:

Anyway, anyone got any tips on where to source a bunch of nets? Who got that secret shapeways link, hit me up

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Miles O'Brian posted:

I've dug out my old skull pass minis with the dark whimsy of the new Moonclan models convincing me to finally buy in to AoS. Who could foresee that the thing to finally get me on board was the exact same that drew me to the old world :v:

Anyway, anyone got any tips on where to source a bunch of nets? Who got that secret shapeways link, hit me up

Idk of any 3rd party bits but the Moonclan box (night goblins) come with a some, so bit sellers might have a few. Could also buy the old blisters off ebay since a lot of the old netters look good.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Zarbag and his Gitz comes with one.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Its a lovely picture but im really proud of this troll i painted

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hihohe posted:

well it looks pretty fucken good, so

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Hihohe posted:

Pure excellence

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/26/first-look-warhammer-underworlds-online/

First AoS PC game announced. Sort off considering its Underworlds related.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just sold all my Underworlds stuff because I don't love the hex movement, and I hate physically building a new deck every week when I want to play a different warband.

If the pricing is reasonable, and it's not a buggy POS, I'm pretty interested in this.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Playing our first game of AoS after doing nothing but Necromunda for the last 6 months. This guy is still in progress, but hopefully he'll wreck some face tonight.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Sab669 posted:

I just sold all my Underworlds stuff because I don't love the hex movement, and I hate physically building a new deck every week when I want to play a different warband.

I loved the idea of Underworlds, and I was told that the game itsself is pretty quick, but I watched the dudes who were going to play deckbuild for 45 minutes before hand and that sucks.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Team_q posted:

I loved the idea of Underworlds, and I was told that the game itsself is pretty quick, but I watched the dudes who were going to play deckbuild for 45 minutes before hand and that sucks.

If you just netdeck you only have to do it once. Or if you play the same Warband you won't be tweaking it very often. But I just play against the same opponent every week so I'd rotate which warband I play very regularly and yea, building gets tedious - even if most decks share a bunch of the same cards.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EdsTeioh posted:

Playing our first game of AoS after doing nothing but Necromunda for the last 6 months. This guy is still in progress, but hopefully he'll wreck some face tonight.

I wish my Mannfred looked that nice.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Team_q posted:

It's a card game with miniatures really.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

MonsterEnvy posted:

I wish my Mannfred looked that nice.

Thanks! Still got a ways to go. He's actually magnetized so I can swap out all 3 characters and heads.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So here's a question. I bought a Start Collecting Clan Pestilens box today, because I already have a ton of Skaven and wanted a Screaming Bell and that was the only way to get one. But it's cool, I love Clan Pestilens and more Plague Monks is always fun.

I was looking up the rules for the Warp Lightning Cannon, and either I'm too tired to be comprehending anything or they seem kinda counter-intuitive.

Warp Lightning Cannon posted:

Do not use the attack sequence for an attack made with a Warp Lightning Blast. Instead roll a dice; that roll determines the power of that attack.

Then roll 6 more dice. The target suffers 1 mortal wound for each of those rolls that is equal to or greater than the power of that attack.

So. First I'm rolling for the power of the attack, and intuitively you'd expect that higher = better than because that's how it works EVERYWHERE: the more powerful an attack, the better. But then I roll 6 more dice and score a Mortal Wound for every roll that is equal to or higher than the power, which means I'd want the power of the attack to be as low as possible so beating or equaling it becomes as easy as possible.

I mean, from a gameplay perspective that is clear enough, but logically it seems rear end-backwards to me.

Also: does anyone have any ideas for alternative Verminlord models? The new one is too spindly for my tastes, and the Forgeworld one is too expensive by far.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

So here's a question. I bought a Start Collecting Clan Pestilens box today, because I already have a ton of Skaven and wanted a Screaming Bell and that was the only way to get one. But it's cool, I love Clan Pestilens and more Plague Monks is always fun.

I was looking up the rules for the Warp Lightning Cannon, and either I'm too tired to be comprehending anything or they seem kinda counter-intuitive.

So. First I'm rolling for the power of the attack, and intuitively you'd expect that higher = better than because that's how it works EVERYWHERE: the more powerful an attack, the better. But then I roll 6 more dice and score a Mortal Wound for every roll that is equal to or higher than the power, which means I'd want the power of the attack to be as low as possible so beating or equaling it becomes as easy as possible.

I mean, from a gameplay perspective that is clear enough, but logically it seems rear end-backwards to me.

Also: does anyone have any ideas for alternative Verminlord models? The new one is too spindly for my tastes, and the Forgeworld one is too expensive by far.

Skaven are screwy like that, it's flavourful and fun :) Normally you'd be delighted to see a six, but the Horned Rat hates overachievers and so punishes you for it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Plavski posted:

Skaven are screwy like that, it's flavourful and fun :) Normally you'd be delighted to see a six, but the Horned Rat hates overachievers and so punishes you for it.

I guess!

Also, before I get sidetracked into Skaven, here are some skellingtons I've been painting.

Grave Guard. I wanted them to look like they've been in the grave for ages.

My army's main colour is red, but I wanted to break up the monotony a bit and painted the barding on the horsies to be purple.

The happiest skeleton!

This reminds me, I need to glue the shields on :blush:

E: and also need to finish the bases :blush:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 26, 2019

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

These are some good skelemen

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Der Shovel posted:

It's just bad GW rule writing. There's similar counter intuitive mechanics in kill team.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of like the unique rule for the Warp Lightning Cannon. It means that it can be super easy to inflict wounds or super hard reflecting how unstable their tech is.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One

EdsTeioh posted:

Whats your recipe for that bronze/patina?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Warp lightning cannon is hilarious now with the overcharge. Someone's getting hurt badly, it's either going to be the target or the cannon itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Two Headed Calf posted:

Whats your recipe for that bronze/patina?

Prime black/airbrush Vallejo Bright Bronze/Nilikh Oxide wash. Super easy and fastest thing on the whole model.