Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Alec Eiffel posted:

It certainly feels strange that the big baddie might lose next episode. Unless Dany will be the big baddie. Seems strange that the Night King might lose and Euron Greyjoy is still dicking around.

I'm way more interested in the Westeros crown stuff than ice zombies tbh. It would kick rear end if they devote the rest of the show to the throne stuff. The night king is a big fuckn nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

That little scene between Jorah and Lady Mormont was awesome by the way

I want a spinoff where Tormund and Brienne adopt Lady Mormont and Jaime is the live-in tutor.

I'd call it "The Best loving Show Ever"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I really enjoyed Brienne getting knighted and of course, Pod singing.

I hope they're done with the fanservicey stuff like Arya getting together with Gendry though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Matt Zerella posted:

The dumbest part of the war council wasn't sams speech it was the director showing us the kings wood when bran says he'll wait there. Thanks dude, I had no goddamn idea where the place where we just were and is in a ton of episodes is.

This seems incredibly nitpicky. I didn't think twice about them having a shot of the map

Xanderkish posted:

The weirdest part of this thread, and presumably of other threads, are when people get so upset with the show that they start coming up with predictions they hate for what the show will do next that will piss them off.

It's so weird to me. It's like the opposite of fan fiction. Hate fiction?

That's how every TVIV thread is after about season 4 of any show

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xanderkish posted:

The weirdest part of this thread, and presumably of other threads, are when people get so upset with the show that they start coming up with predictions they hate for what the show will do next that will piss them off.

It's so weird to me. It's like the opposite of fan fiction. Hate fiction?

Quite a few people here have literally been watching the show for years just so they can get angry and make really bad, incoherent and pissy post.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

precision posted:

I want a spinoff where Tormund and Brienne adopt Lady Mormont and Jaime is the live-in tutor.

I can't wait for the Christmas special where the gang gets a very special meeting from Tormund's old giantess titmother.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bobjr posted:

I just want the Night King to say something. Just give him a line or two, I just don't want him to be this force that never says anything the whole series.

I thought he shouted "Kobe" when he killed the dragon.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

TheRat posted:

Quite a few people here have literally been watching the show for years just so they can get angry and make really bad, incoherent and pissy post.

Lost ruined a lot of people.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

welcome to page 69, like the sex move which may have been performed by gendry and arya during their sex, which happened in this most recent episode of Game of Thrones, a television adaptation of the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

welcome to page 69, like the sex move which may have been performed by gendry and arya during their sex, which happened in this most recent episode of Game of Thrones, a television adaptation of the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin
nice

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zaphod42 posted:

You think they're doing all this buildup of the drawing and her asking him to make it and they're NOT going to feature it in a big way during the battle?

Arya isn't going to kill the Night King. She'll have some "badass" scene with the staff, sure. But she ain't killing the big baddie.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It’s fanservice when Arya/Gendry gently caress but it’ll be Epically Badass if the Hound fights the Mountain.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Zaphod42 posted:

You think they're doing all this buildup of the drawing and her asking him to make it and they're NOT going to feature it in a big way during the battle?

If she has to fight a dead/wight Gendry in closed quarters in the crypt with that staff, I'll... just shrug.

precision posted:

:hmmyes:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 22, 2019

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Anyone else notice a very conspicuous Night King absence at the end there?

~related~

It has not been proven that the House of the Undying scene of snowy destroyed Red Keep won't actually happen

~ergo~

I can guess where the Night King and his dragon will be next episode

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

She’s gonna kill the Night Sergeant.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Episode owned

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm glad the plot can finally take advantage of Jon and Dany having zero chemistry

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bran and the night king are gonna have a scene together in the godswood and that's where all the white walker backstory exposition is gonna happen

or not idk

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm rewatching the episode and I really love both of the "if you'll have me" scenes with Jaime/Brienne and Theon/Sansa. Those moments feel so loving earned and it owns. They're such crazy rear end redemption arcs for two characters I absolutely hated at times, but I'm all :unsmith: over now.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Friar Zucchini posted:

Anyone else notice a very conspicuous Night King absence at the end there?

~related~

It has not been proven that the House of the Undying scene of snowy destroyed Red Keep won't actually happen

~ergo~

I can guess where the Night King and his dragon will be next episode

Nice. Good callback to Robb in season 1. Go where they aren't.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sansa v dany scene was good by the way, especially because I had heard before the episode officially aired that they just ended their conflict in that scene which is pretty clearly not the case, so it was a nice surprise that it ended the way it did

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Zaphod42 posted:

Arya is a badass assassin, but her inventing a new weapon and fighting style out of nowhere and it being effective is just super cheesy.

It's her stick fighting style from her blind training days, but with dragon glass ends.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

I feel that, but after last week's abysmal episode and setting the bar so low this was better for me. Show is still bad though, I'm just watching it now to get it over with since I'm this far already I guess.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Next episode will introduce Jon Connington

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Nice. Good callback to Robb in season 1. Go where they aren't.

They already did that callback when the Unsullied attacked Casterly Rock.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

TheRat posted:

This also fascinates me. I'm sure plenty of people who complain about it complain because the show's gone in directions they don't like, which I get, because I felt that way about Hannibal season 3. It's for those people who seem to have not enjoyed the show for a long time that I don't get. I mean, I have enough of a problem finishing shows I actually like. And even when a show starts going in a direction I don't like (again, like Hannibal season 3), I just, you know, stop watching, because I don't have the time or inclination to watch a show that bores/upsets me. What attracts a person to watch a show that just makes them so angry all the time?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LadyPictureShow posted:

If she has to fight a dead/wight Gendry in closed quarters in the crypt with that staff, I'll... just shrug.

That would actually be kinda rad? IDK this is all gonna be silly.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

teagone posted:

Christ I forgot that happened.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is it not a meme to post this in every TV iv thread, every episode?

"I thought this episode was garbage personally"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

teagone posted:

Well they're gonna do it again when the Night King burns down Kings Landing on the back of his frost wyrm, and then looks directly into the camera, says "go where they aren't," and then winks.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

I'm really going to miss this tradition

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Zaphod42 posted:

That would actually be kinda rad? IDK this is all gonna be silly.

It would just be the most un-subtle thing ever, so I'm half expecting it?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

The dumbest part of the war council wasn't sams speech it was the director showing us the kings wood when bran says he'll wait there. Thanks dude, I had no goddamn idea where the place where we just were and is in a ton of episodes is.

no the dumbest part was that they didn't mention the ice dragon at all..... like what????

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Xanderkish posted:

This also fascinates me. I'm sure plenty of people who complain about it complain because the show's gone in directions they don't like, which I get, because I felt that way about Hannibal season 3. It's for those people who seem to have not enjoyed the show for a long time that I don't get. I mean, I have enough of a problem finishing shows I actually like. And even when a show starts going in a direction I don't like (again, like Hannibal season 3), I just, you know, stop watching, because I don't have the time or inclination to watch a show that bores/upsets me. What attracts a person to watch a show that just makes them so angry all the time?

people who willingly post on the something awful forums already have severe brain damage so I think it's just something you have to accept for what it is

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Arya has lived her life based on "stick em with the pointy end" maxim. Now she has a weapon with TWO pointy ends. That's twice as many!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

teagone posted:

I'm rewatching the episode and I really love both of the "if you'll have me" scenes with Jaime/Brienne and Theon/Sansa. Those moments feel so loving earned and it owns. They're such crazy rear end redemption arcs for two characters I absolutely hated at times, but I'm all :unsmith: over now.

Jaime and Brienne have great chemistry, and Theon and Sansa actually get along pretty well.

Its stark contrast from Jon/Dany and Arya/Gendry which just don't really work at all.

Also more scenes with Ser Davos please. They've got nothing left for him to do but he's still gold in everything he's in.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is it not a meme to post this in every TV iv thread, every episode?

"I thought this episode was garbage personally"

Specifically Wizard Master has posted that after every episode for at least 4 seasons

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Next episode will introduce Jon Connington

...and then...at King's Landing...at an audience with Cersei:

"Hot" Harry Strickland pulls off a wig, strips out of his armor, reveals himself as "the eldest daugter of Doran Martell, niece of Oberyn Martell" and...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Matt Zerella posted:

Christ I forgot that happened.

Lollll if you remember anything from seasons 1 through 7 by now

I used to know the books and show like the back of my hand and I spent all of tonight saying "uhhhhh that's... whatshisname.... and it's a big deal for him to be talking to Arya because they... met once? IDK show me that maisie Williams sideboob double again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Zaphod42 posted:

Also more scenes with Ser Davos please. They've got nothing left for him to do but he's still gold in everything he's in.

I loved his soup kitchen scene. I love it in shows and movies where people are having conversations while doing other things, like that scene where Tywin's just gutting a deer while talking to Jaime in season 1. Always feels so much more expressive than when they're just standing and talking.