Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Specifically Wizard Master has posted that after every episode for at least 4 seasons

was he wrong tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
GRRM saying “you’re gonna regret killing that Dothraki in season one” is funnier with every passing episode.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

was he wrong tho

If this is garbage then give me a bib and fork and I will shove this garbage into my mouth and ask for seconds.

No disrespect to Wizard Master, of course, pbuh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mantis42 posted:

Now it's time to pay the Arya price.

Your pun did not go unnoticed Ser.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm glad the plot can finally take advantage of Jon and Dany having zero chemistry

Not gonna lie I sat there for like 10 minutes trying to remember how they met and why they're so in love before remembering that there is no reason

Like the loving stupid Grey Worm romance plot has more chemistry

There's more loving chemistry between Varys and Littlefinger lmfao

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Nice to see Ghost pop up in the background of one shot—I hadn’t seen him in so long I was starting to wonder if I’d forgotten his death at some point...

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Why is Gilly fat? Is there a reason or did the actress just gain weight?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the White Walkers could only raise the dead that they or their armies killed? Not just any random dead dude anywhere.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

hayden. posted:

Sam knocked her up.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

hayden. posted:

irl pregnant maybe?

It'll be cool next week when something finally happens.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the White Walkers could only raise the dead that they or their armies killed? Not just any random dead dude anywhere.
"Burn the bodies" has been hammered into our heads pretty much every time anyone ever dies up north so my guess is no

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't make Jaime take the black at the beginning now that I think about it.

It was the blindingly obvious thing to do if you've paid any attention to the setting. Welp.

13Pandora13 posted:

Uh spoke too soon, Lyanna handing her cousin his rear end on a verbal platter owns hardest.

Ser Brienne was awesome but dunking on Jorah is dunking on Jorah.

Professor Funk posted:

Tormund is the best character in this show

Yes, but Lady Lyanna Mormont is the only person remotely qualified to take the Iron throne. She is the true queen just because she owns so loving hard in every scene she's in

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

jesus people are fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4JeYlCQmw

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Xanderkish posted:

This also fascinates me. I'm sure plenty of people who complain about it complain because the show's gone in directions they don't like, which I get, because I felt that way about Hannibal season 3. It's for those people who seem to have not enjoyed the show for a long time that I don't get. I mean, I have enough of a problem finishing shows I actually like. And even when a show starts going in a direction I don't like (again, like Hannibal season 3), I just, you know, stop watching, because I don't have the time or inclination to watch a show that bores/upsets me. What attracts a pereson to watch a show that just makes them so angry all the time?

Shows can get so bad theyre funny enough to hatewatch - Dexter

Shows can be bad but still surprise you with legitimately great episodes - Westworld S2

Game of Thrones is like the latter, along with the added bonus of people who read the books wanting to know the cliffnotes of how GRRM wrote the endings of characters

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

mllaneza posted:

She is the true queen just because she owns so loving hard in every scene she's in

Nah. She was cool and funny as a one-scene thing.

Now she is just annoying. I haven't watched tonight's episode yet so maybe she got better, but last week I cringed so hard when the little poo poo stood up to the person that brought 2 armies and 2 dragons to bail their asses from certain doom and went

"wE BoW 2 jOn snUH, nO u"

like if she didn't have fan armor, that would have been where Dany has her burned down on the spot. HECK, that's exactly the same circumstance that got Sam's family burned.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably evolved from being chased by savages.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah. She was cool and funny as a one-scene thing.

Now she is just annoying. I haven't watched tonight's episode yet so maybe she got better, but last week I cringed so hard when the little poo poo stood up to the person that brought 2 armies and 2 dragons to bail their asses from certain doom and went

"wE BoW 2 jOn snUH, nO u"

like if she didn't have fan armor, that would have been where Dany has her burned down on the spot. HECK, that's exactly the same circumstance that got Sam's family burned.
ah yes, a prisoner of war always gets the same treatment as an allied foreign leader

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Episode was kind of bland, but I suppose there has to be the quiet before the storm, now it's all kicking off with the battle the next 4 should be pretty drat full of poo poo happening.

Jaime and Brienne were the best part of the episode. I worry they're going to go out together in blaze of glory :smith:.

Maisie Williams has a great body, stop being prudes. And why does she have to have chemistry with Gendry, at least more than they already have? It's potentially her last night on earth, she had sex with someone she trusted and the closest person she has to a friend there. She's obviously not doing it out of love.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

JT Jag posted:

ah yes, a prisoner of war always gets the same treatment as an allied foreign leader

as if the psychotic power hungry pyromaniac could tell the difference

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

as if the psychotic power hungry pyromaniac could tell the difference
besides, the dragons weren't even in the building when Lady Mormont did that, how the hell would they burn her

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Has that ever been established? That might be true for creating more White Walkers (which I also don't think has been confirmed, though we came closer last episode), but don't the wildlings burn their dead regardless? I would think part of the reason the White Walkers have such a massive army is because they can raise anyone (hence the ritual). Hell, well Meera, Jojen and Bran were attacked were the WWs even nearby? I really don't remember it *that* well so I could just as easily be wrong.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Some people are being unnervingly proactive in saying they do NOT want to see maisie Williams' nude body DEFINITELY not no sir spare me from that exposed fleshy horror

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

What a waste of an episode. Nothing happened.

And the writing is so dumb now. :sigh:

Brienne being knighted was like the only scene I really enjoyed. The rest was just going through the motions. Nothing interesting at all.

itskage posted:

lmbo gently caress off with this poo poo. You're whining about exposition in a show that started a decade ago when we're not going to see half these characters again. We deserve these moments. You want to be all like "beep boop the show did not advance the plot therefore it is bad writing beep" when Jaime just knighted Brienne, or Sam gave Jorah his family sword as if that doesn't mean poo poo in this character driven story. You and the Zaphod42's of the world: I'm sure I speak for over half of the thread readers when I say "lmbo gently caress off".

lmbo it's like confirmation bias 101

Its Coke posted:

Imo if they don't like it there's no way to explain it to them. The joy is simply gone from their hearts

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

My understanding was that White Walkers are 100% only made via young male children, with the probable exception of the Night King who was made by the fairies

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
They're talking about the dead, not the blue-eyed conscious peeps.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some people are being unnervingly proactive in saying they do NOT want to see maisie Williams' nude body DEFINITELY not no sir spare me from that exposed fleshy horror

I actually liked seeing her nude body, I know, I'm a monster.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Are the scars on the side of Arya from a specific event or just her generally getting her rear end kicked for years?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

JT Jag posted:

besides, the dragons weren't even in the building when Lady Mormont did that, how the hell would they burn her

she can probably work the details out

I mean poo poo, she's had like 5 different advisors of varying degrees of competence throughout the years that at multiple points have told her "DANY NO" and she just covered her ears and went "DANY YES" and burned some hostage, prisoner of war or guest

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

itskage posted:

lmbo it's like confirmation bias 101

If they wanted to have episodes where they stand around doing nothing, they shouldn't blow all the budget on CGI dragons and let us have a 10-episode season like they did originally.

You have something hugely popular so you change everything about it... I don't get that.

There are 4 episodes left of GOT and that's it forever.

So kindly 'gently caress off' to you too, buddy :)

E: At this pace we're gonna have a final episode where Cersei and Euron show up and get killed in 15 minutes. There's just no time left.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 22, 2019

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

hayden. posted:

Are the scars on the side of Arya from a specific event or just her generally getting her rear end kicked for years?

The second thing and kind-of the first thing. Pretty sure the show empahsized how brutal the Waif was to her a couple seasons ago? I remember she was running around Braavos with that wound after betraying the House of B & W.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hayden. posted:

probably from the fight with the waif, if I had to guess

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

if you didn't google her age your a pedo

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Night King raising the dead in the crypt makes no sense, since as others have said, the bodies are dust by now. But three separate characters this episode made a point of talking about how safe the crypt will be, so it's absolutely going to happen. It's Checkhov's Crypt now.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 22, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

Her body doubles nude body. Deflate that energy.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
What was the Jorah carrying a printer reference from?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

If they wanted to have episodes where they stand around doing nothing, they shouldn't blow all the budget on CGI dragons and let us have a 10-episode season like they did originally.

You have something hugely popular so you change everything about it... I don't get that.

There are 4 episodes left of GOT and that's it forever.

So kindly 'gently caress off' to you too, buddy :)

Exactly why they should have these character interactions now, instead of doing some stupid check list for your head cannon speculation of what the major plot is. Character interactions are what built the show not the high fantasy plot line you're in a hurry to see wrapped up.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thinking about Jojen dying makes me laugh but now I wonder where Meera is. Some bog??

Yes, I realize she’s not coming back, blah blah. But the books! (Lol)

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Praxis Prion posted:

What was the Jorah carrying a printer reference from?

Some old post about a goon carrying a printer across town to a girl's house hoping to get a kiss and then her boyfriend was there

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hayden. posted:

Yeah she looked pregnant irl

Wafflecopper posted:

Night King raising the dead in the crypt makes no sense, since as others have said, the bodies are dust by now. But three separate characters this episode made a point of talking about how safe the crypt will be, so it's absolutely going to happen. It's Checkhov's Crypt now.

It's a show about magic animals and make believe occurrences. Just go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

itskage posted:

Exactly why they should have these character interactions now, instead of doing some stupid check list for your head cannon speculation of what the major plot is. Character interactions are what built the show not the high fantasy plot line you're in a hurry to see wrapped up.

Surely you can agree the finite end looming does pose problems with scope. Why should we care about the magnitude of the threat of Winter and Cersei both when they have to be finished so quickly?