Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Golux posted:

Reukra continues to be a pretty cool guy. How do you all pronounce his name, anyway? My brain has been going "roykra."

"Roo-kra". Like Looker, but wrong.

Pretty sure that's where his sprite got the sick trench, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

KataraniSword posted:

"Roo-kra". Like Looker, but wrong.

Pretty sure that's where his sprite got the sick trench, anyway.

He's just a Veteran from Gen 5 but with badly drawn eyes.

Anyway, show off the trading sequence, beat Elite Four and since you don't wanna show off Dev Island, catch Mewtwo I guess?

Elchar
Jan 15, 2019

one majestic bitch
Honestly, this is one of the best LPs that I have ever read. You have made me want to try this game out.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oops, we caught the Rejuvenation thread protagonist.

This has been a great LP. I would like to see Mewtwo, because Mewtwo, and I'm curious to know what's left so if you could talk briefly about the stuff you aren't doing that would be appreciated.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I’m curious why dev island is so hated, so even if you don’t beat them, might as well show them off, no?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Elchar posted:

Honestly, this is one of the best LPs that I have ever read. You have made me want to try this game out.

word

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Finish the trade sequence, then capstone the LP with fighting the Elite 4 rematches. Like others have said, you don't need to beat the rematches, although I'd prefer it if you at least got to the Champion. It could be like Redchocobo's Platinum LP, which iirc ended with him losing to the final rival rematch.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Commander Keene posted:

Finish the trade sequence, then capstone the LP with fighting the Elite 4 rematches.

I would also like to see the Dev Island teams and why they're so bullshit, but don't beat them if it's too much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reukra is way too cool even at the very end. Dude's fully aware of Pokemon logic, he's just trying and failing anyways.

Also yeah, please show Dev Island or whatever even if you won't actually win against them, there's no point in stopping this far!

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Really not sure what was supposed to be going on there lore-wise. Arceus starts looking like Giratina because, uh, it becomes even moreso the top god? But if thats how it is, surely Giratina wouldn't look anything like that cause he's been a loser for an arbitrarily long amount of time. Is it just supposed to have stolen even more of Giratina's power, so it gets kinda half merged? And wasn't the crystal entrusted by Arceus to the Timeless in the first place, so couldn't it have done this at any time? If its just a power mushroom for Arceus whats even the point in having some humans guard it instead of just keeping or using it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Reukra...you REALLY THINK MOTHERFUCKING GOD WOULD LET YOU CATCH IT!? Jesus the balls on him just to think that. But seriously, good LP, at least show off E4 Round 2 and tell us what all we have to look forward dread if we ever play it to that point. But...uh...yea...fuckin Primal Arceus...:heh:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kemix posted:

Reukra...you REALLY THINK MOTHERFUCKING GOD WOULD LET YOU CATCH IT!? Jesus the balls on him just to think that. But seriously, good LP, at least show off E4 Round 2 and tell us what all we have to look forward dread if we ever play it to that point. But...uh...yea...fuckin Primal Arceus...:heh:
It let Amy catch it...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Commander Keene posted:

It let Amy catch it...

Amy's a kid in the pokemon world, they're invincible and all important.

As Reukra knows.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

So are the Dev Island fights such bullshit that you can't even mulch through them with Primal Giratina and Primal Arceus? Cuz man, it seems like the two of them should be able to stomp anything that opposes them. In any case, I agree with other posters to show off the Dev Island fights and why they're such bullshit, maybe even as the final update.

Anyway, my vote of doing stuff is this list:
Find Mewtwo
Catch Delta Larvesta
Find Ho-Oh
Finish the trade sequence (Find Genesect)
Challenge the Elite Four Rematch

Leaving any Delta unseen seems sad since that's the main unique thing about Insurgence, Mewtwo and Ho-oh are box legendaries and deserve to be seen, and we gotta finish the trade sequence so we can be disappointed by battle Genesect. And please feel free to pull out any and all stops in the Elite Four rematch. It's only fair.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I appreciate that ruining his master plan just elicits another "Oh, for crying out loud."

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Commander Keene posted:

It let Amy catch it...

Amy’s the Agur though. She’s beaten back other legendaries with a figurative stick and crushed all the cults beneath her boots. Arceus wouldn’t have come if there wasn’t SOMEONE worthy of it. And she DID punch Rekura where it hurt the most: his pride...also his entire (Pseudo)-Legendary team.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Also, she didnt roll a 1 while throwing her master ball. I refuse to believe any other interpretation of that scene past reukra having the world's worst aim.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

SirSamVimes posted:

I appreciate that ruining his master plan just elicits another "Oh, for crying out loud."

I think at this point he knows we're going to show up and kick his rear end again, he just tries anyways on the off chance you forget to go deal with him.

Like playing the lottery, only pulling a losing ticket has a small child kick you in the shins with a pharaoh bird and take all your money.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FoolyCharged posted:

Also, she didnt roll a 1 while throwing her master ball. I refuse to believe any other interpretation of that scene past reukra having the world's worst aim.

That's why he had so many Master Balls, he had to make up for his lousy aim. And somehow, he still managed to run himself down to just one. Which he missed with.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

GeneX posted:

I’m curious why dev island is so hated, so even if you don’t beat them, might as well show them off, no?
:same:

I'm assuming there's some extreme bullshit teams involved, if nothing else.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Saladin Rising posted:

And please feel free to pull out any and all stops in the Elite Four rematch. It's only fair.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

I believe this counts as :black101:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

YES :black101:. Please tell me that's Fatter Arceus

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

OgretailFood posted:

YES :black101:. Please tell me that's Fatter Arceus

It is!

Also...

gently caress the Gen 2 roamers. (This was after 5 Snore Balls and twenty two Ancient Balls.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Delta Amon's line is so good though. That spritework.

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
Can you use X items on Dev Island? I find them convenient for getting through certain battles (i.e., Red) in the mainline games while underleveled.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Taking on the Elite Four rematch now. I've already had to spam items, but not in the way that you might expect from that statement. :shepicide:

gently caress the move Spore

EDIT:

I've finished recording. The LP has 3-4 more updates left in it and that's all she wrote

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 22, 2019

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
I’m kind of pumped to see how Delta Aurorus did.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Grand Gigas posted:

I’m kind of pumped to see how Delta Aurorus did.

:emptyquote:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Congrats for getting through a game that was significantly less terrible than we'd thought it'd be.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

When the game sands down its edgy bits it's fine, it's a bit of wish-fulfillment but what's the point of a game that gives you mastery over some of the most powerful creatures in the franchise if not to revel in it? More importantly, it has a definite start, middle and end, which could have dragged on for lord knows how long but didn't. It knew what story it wanted to tell and told it, which seemed more like an excuse to show the player all these awesome pokemon it had, and won't you please continue because we have so many great pokemon, look, here are some more. That sort of enthusiasm is definitely infectious.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

drat, the end is in sight. I'm going to miss this game for when I need to chase down Reborn with something palatable.

This was a great LP, DoubleNegative. Thanks for doing it.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

kw0134 posted:

When the game sands down its edgy bits it's fine, it's a bit of wish-fulfillment but what's the point of a game that gives you mastery over some of the most powerful creatures in the franchise if not to revel in it? More importantly, it has a definite start, middle and end, which could have dragged on for lord knows how long but didn't. It knew what story it wanted to tell and told it, which seemed more like an excuse to show the player all these awesome pokemon it had, and won't you please continue because we have so many great pokemon, look, here are some more. That sort of enthusiasm is definitely infectious.

It definitely helps that the awesome Pokemon in this game are, well, awesome. If the deltas had all been on par with, say, Pokemon Uranium's fakemon, the overall experience would've been far worse.

But instead we get lovely friends like Cake Crab, The Pharaoh, Fire Dinosaur, and Spider Megazord.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And we don’t have an absolute flood of characters who all have their own overly-dramatic story arcs that you’re expected to keep track of for the overall plot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Regalingualius posted:

And we don’t have an absolute flood of characters who all have their own overly-dramatic story arcs that you’re expected to keep track of for the overall plot.

Yeah, most of the gym leaders either are simply that, a gym leader, though a couple have interactions beyond that. I mean the most memorable one without any major plot relevance was a stoner and was actually pretty amusing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There was also the scientist who had no qualms forcing a kid to go fight a cult to the death and seemed quite happy to be making armor for a second cult.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Honestly I'm half debating playing this myself now since I have a hankering for pokemon but don't have a 3DS. I'll be sad to see it end but it's been a really fun LP :nyoron:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

gonna :bandwagon: on all the love for this lp. i'm gonna miss it when it's done

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

M.Matsuda posted:

Yeah, jumping on here, same as the others. This might have been born from the hell that is Reborn (By that I mean the game, the thread is pure gold), but this was a far, FAR better game then it deserved to be. Not the biggest fan of Primal Arceus, but there are worse forms. And further echoing the love of Reukra for being an actual villain with, for the most part, respectable character. I'd seriously enjoy seeing another story with him as the main villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

M.Matsuda posted:

While sad that Certified Good Doggo Delta Arcanine didn't make it into the E4 rematch team, it was a treat to see it in action with finishing up that whole Reukra business. Thanks again for a stellar LP!