Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I, too, search twitter for three instances of weirdos and use that to justify my weird opinions about a fanbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

I, too, search twitter for three instances of weirdos and use that to justify my weird opinions about a fanbase

Cool, what else do you do?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

pik_d posted:

Away. It was their first clean sheet away of the season.

Ah, my mistake. I hope they somehow get the 4th CL spot tbh.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1118640164396503041?s=21

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Hilarious result. I almost want Liverpool to win the league now just to see Man City get nothing (league cup is pointless).

Sadly though I know about 10 times more ‘pool fans, so still want them to lose.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
while it would be very funny if liverpool came second in the epl and lost in the cl final i think only the second of these will happen

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
liverpool aren't beating barca

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

:emptyquote:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

kcer posted:

Correct. We're gonna thrash them

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

CyberPingu posted:

Correct. We're gonna thrash them

the travels of liverpool fans in europe is well documented, yes

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kcer posted:

the travels of liverpool fans in europe is well documented, yes

:monocle:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ashley Young has apparently lost possession 756 times this season, which averages to about 22 times every 90 minutes.

United's captain and a £120K a week earner, ladies and gentlemen.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its amazing what happens to Pep's amazing managerial skills when he stops managing teams FIFA and UEFA are contractually obliged to make win

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Parity warning posted:

What, exactly, is wrong with Liverpool?

the bins are purple and if you lift you might be molested by a racist caricature

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Same as both of his seasons with Atlanta, Almiron is going to miss the last few games of the season with an injury.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

Ashley Young has apparently lost possession 756 times this season, which averages to about 22 times every 90 minutes.

United's captain and a £120K a week earner, ladies and gentlemen.

wow a 35yo wingers crosses not reaching a teammate once everu 3 minutes?? i say can his rear end

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

Same as both of his seasons with Atlanta, Almiron is going to miss the last few games of the season with an injury.

Shame

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

FullLeatherJacket posted:

the bins are purple and if you lift you might be molested by a racist caricature

Also purple.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Paul Merson posted:

Watford should absolutely appeal Troy Deenys red card. If someone can get away by saying they don't know who Hitler was, then they've got every chance

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That's genuinely funny by Merse's standards

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

OGS is a fraud, Cardiff wasn’t a fluke

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
[quote="kcer" post="https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876404&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post490835794"]
looking forward to solskjaer putting together 6 or so wins on the bounce, maybe a win against one of the big lads, and getting a 2 year deal

then being poo
[/quote]

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I was hoping for giggs but another Ferguson era clown as a nostalgia appointment will do

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
united are shite, long may it continue

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

united are shite, long may it continue

agreed op

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mila kunis posted:

I was hoping for giggs but another Ferguson era clown as a nostalgia appointment will do

This situation could still lead to Giggs, if ManU lose their first few games of next season

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

tarbrush posted:

This situation could still lead to Giggs, if ManU lose their first few games of next season

Solkjaer -> giggs -> class of 94 co managers :pray:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Can someone here with archives and search see if I advocated folding to Chelsea in 2010 before the match when Gerrard gifted the bad backpass to Drogba? I imagine most of Old Trafford will be bringing out their sarcastic "OH NOOO" banners like Lazio fans did when they lost to Inter. Most of RedCafe seems to be gunning for a dignified loss.

I'm tempted to feel indignant, but I don't want to be a hypocrite. I also vaguely remember Liverpool having even less to play for in 2009-2010 than United did this season by that point. I believe there was absolutely no hope of a Top 4 finish and that match came right after a recent defeat to Atletico Madrid in a Europa League semi-final thanks to a Diego Forlan away goal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

Can someone here with archives and search see if I advocated folding to Chelsea in 2010 before the match when Gerrard gifted the bad backpass to Drogba? I imagine most of Old Trafford will be bringing out their sarcastic "OH NOOO" banners like Lazio fans did when they lost to Inter. Most of RedCafe seems to be gunning for a dignified loss.

I'm tempted to feel indignant, but I don't want to be a hypocrite. I also vaguely remember Liverpool having even less to play for in 2009-2010 than United did this season by that point. I believe there was absolutely no hope of a Top 4 finish and that match came right after a recent defeat to Atletico Madrid in a Europa League semi-final thanks to a Diego Forlan away goal.

This from the match day thread a few weeks before the Chelsea game:

Then you said this in the April PL thread:

Eric Cantonese posted:

willkill4food posted:

Not to get cocky, but I am having a tough time imagining Liverpool stopping Chelsea this weekend. Not only do Liverpool play on Thursday but their only striker is Dirk Kuyt, who went off injured last weekend.

Yes. All the speculation about whether Liverpool is going to throw the game seems hilariously pointless and academic to me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That’s s trip down memory lane. Also one of the many great usernames TyChan has had.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hello fellow posters. shkodran mustafi is bad. thanks for reading.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Him blaming Leno for that goal was laughable.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
His go-to move is putting his arm up to claim a foul instead of actually trying to defend and then getting upset when the linesman or ref ignore him. I would rather run old man Sokratis into the ground than keep playing Mustafi. Emery also should've pulled Mustafi at halftime and not Mavropanos.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
remember when mustafi ran into the back of aguero in a cup final and then tried to claim aguero fouled him

because here it is from twenty different angles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDmixkoWRo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

I imagine most of Old Trafford will be bringing out their sarcastic "OH NOOO" banners like Lazio fans did when they lost to Inter. Most of RedCafe seems to be gunning for a dignified loss.

Well my hot take is we need to win all our matches now to have a prayer of top four given our goal difference and I still want City to win the league now that the quadruple is off. So when City notch up a cricket score against us I'll be pissed off with some "at least this keeps City on for the title".

TBH the only thing that's still got me cringing at Liverpool doing it are the fans that won't shut the gently caress up about it for the next decade. The less United fan/more sentimental human in me appreciates the poetry of Liverpool doing it 30 years on from Hillsborough. I'm more concerned with the clean sweep through the squad Ole needs to do and how not having CL football next season will make that harder especially as there's teams like Real Madrid going through the same process. All moot if the recruitment process remains as Woodward spraying money at wherever he lands in the latest round of pin the tail on the galactico as he, blindfolded, jams a pin into a Pannini sticker book.

e: Rumours are coming out of the club that Phelan is set to be appointed as Technical Director. That would be brilliant if so.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 22, 2019

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Bundy posted:

e: Rumours are coming out of the club that Phelan is set to be appointed as Technical Director. That would be brilliant if so.

I would worry that Phelan is insufficiently independent and powerful to be a good counterbalance to Woodward.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

tarbrush posted:

I would worry that Phelan is insufficiently independent and powerful to be a good counterbalance to Woodward.

Why would that be different if hiring An Outsider? Any TD appointment needs to be enabled by Woodward. The best thing about what's happening at the moment is Woodward is cuffing himself, intentionally or not. On the one hand, he's appointing fan favourites with no doubt a marketing spin as the motivator. On the other hand, he's appointing fan favourites, which means if Woodward keeps loving things up by being Woodward, he won't have the fans happy enough with either Ole or Phelan being sacked. It won't take long in the summer for journos close to the club to start pointing out he's continuing to be a twat. In fact I'd go so far as to say that Mourinho's biggest bullet to his own feet was his caustic public attitude towards the players and what lost him the fan support in the end.

My secret wank fantasy was Eric getting the TD position in a symbolic/philosophical role to let Ole and Phelan do their thing which would also have given a big shot in the arm for the club <-> fan media relationship which is currently loving dire compared to City's. Main reason I mention this is related to the fan loyalty point above, as Cantona is probably the only appointment Woodward could have made to such a position that would have got an even stronger fan backlash than loving Ole and Phelan about will get if he does.

There's noise around the club that this is Woodward's last throw at getting it right before he's disappeared back to marketing by the Glazers. Even they realise their cash cow is going to be unmilkable if Woodward keeps loving up the football aspect.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 22, 2019

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool sucks and all the fans are garbage but at least it isn't a slave trader's money laundering operation run by a drug cheat skinny tie wearing fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bundy posted:

Well my hot take is we need to win all our matches now to have a prayer of top four given our goal difference and I still want City to win the league now that the quadruple is off. So when City notch up a cricket score against us I'll be pissed off with some "at least this keeps City on for the title".

TBH the only thing that's still got me cringing at Liverpool doing it are the fans that won't shut the gently caress up about it for the next decade. The less United fan/more sentimental human in me appreciates the poetry of Liverpool doing it 30 years on from Hillsborough. I'm more concerned with the clean sweep through the squad Ole needs to do and how not having CL football next season will make that harder especially as there's teams like Real Madrid going through the same process. All moot if the recruitment process remains as Woodward spraying money at wherever he lands in the latest round of pin the tail on the galactico as he, blindfolded, jams a pin into a Pannini sticker book.

not as brilliant as making phelan manager. his win ratio speaks for itself