Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DaveKap posted:

To defend what, exactly? The Wall's gone.

He would be publicly renouncing any claims he could make on King's Landing and other Lannister holdings proving hes in it for the realm.

Yes, joining the Kingsguard already did that once but thats clearly moot and this would just reinforce it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
lol i'm watching the episode now

Jaime is hosed and Bran, the almighty seer whose word apparently is now revered as the unquestionable truth, decides to chime in for his "old friend" that he spent days waiting for in the snow and says

"the things we do for love"

wtf Bran that is not helping at all :lol:

I love Bran. Please let him turn into the NK and kill everyone.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

He would be publicly renouncing any claims he could make on King's Landing and other Lannister holdings proving hes in it for the realm.

Yes, joining the Kingsguard already did that once but thats clearly moot and this would just reinforce it.

David Hill burner account spotted

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

romanowski posted:

well anyway I thought the little girl in Davos's soup kitchen scene was adorable. sounded like a chipmunk
She had goo on her face to make him get reminded of Stennis' daughter right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

No Wave posted:

She had goo on her face to make him get reminded of Stennis' daughter right?

Looked like a rather serious burn-mark, but yeah.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A Typical Goon posted:

Love to see all the goons dashing out the wood work to let us in this thread know that actually we are the weird ones for being vaguely uncomfortable about a teenage character that looks like a child sleeping with a dude that looks about 3 decades older than her

Get your loving eyes checked if he looks 30 years older than her.

E:
https://jezebel.com/arya-fucks-deal-with-it-1834210286

quote:

For all Game of Thrones’ dunderheaded, latter-series writing flaws, the fact that we’ve seen Arya come of age through unimaginable travails and come into her own sexuality over the course of a decade—a human decade as well as a TV one—is a remarkable and rare character arc that made “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms,” another somewhat piecemeal second episode of Season 8, utterly worth watching. In the show, Arya is about 18 now, and in real life Maisie Williams is 22, so I figure a decent amount of resistance to the concept of Doing It is a nice and comprehensive reflection of how young women’s sexuality is thought of as scary and taboo.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 22, 2019

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Did we actually see the Night King in the Walker lineup at the end of the episode? Besides there being four episodes left, the whole of King's Landing to resolve, and the vision of the Red Keep in snowy ruins. I think there's a compelling reason to believe next week will be a splinter force and will end with the revelation that they've only barely hung on against a small portion of an even larger Army of the dead.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Did we actually see the Night King in the Walker lineup at the end of the episode? Besides there being four episodes left, the whole of King's Landing to resolve, and the vision of the Red Keep in snowy ruins. I think there's a compelling reason to believe next week will be a splinter force and will end with the revelation that they've only barely hung on against a small portion of an even larger Army of the dead.

He'd be hard to miss on Zombie Viserion's back, so no, he wasn't there.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

in the first season of the show one of the characters basically turned to the camera and explained how The True Rules Of Succession are bullshit and it was basically the thesis of the show and yet here we are

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Gendry: Arya is the best, but she's 18. When Arya was born I was already in third grade, which means if we were friends back then I would have been hanging out with a baby. I don't know anything about infant care. Oh my god, I could have killed her.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
something I'm really surprised I didn't see any goon mention either this episode or last is how, if youtube's 2018 recommended taught as anything at all, is that you can't cast obsidian and make a sword

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lezard_valeth posted:

something I'm really surprised I didn't see any goon mention either this episode or last is how, if youtube's 2018 recommended taught as anything at all, is that you can't cast obsidian and make a sword

Yeah, I thought this stuff was fragile as hell and they are hammering away at it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm calling it now, the Night King decides Winterfell can wait until later and marches straight to King's Landing first and Winterfell has to deal with the current army + 20,000 sellsword zombies + zombie harpy cercei riding on a zombie elephant giant.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I thought this stuff was fragile as hell and they are hammering away at it.

Game of Thrones Season 8 - A song of side eye and metallurgy.

Someone did a video on casting obsidian. The short version is that you can, but it's a huge pain in the rear end and isn't worth it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

quote:

In the show, Arya is about 18 now, and in real life Maisie Williams is 22, so I figure a decent amount of resistance to the concept of Doing It is a nice and comprehensive reflection of how young women’s sexuality is thought of as scary and taboo.
What TV critic can say with a straight face that young women's sexuality is taboo, talking about an HBO show

I mean maybe I watched too much Girls but dear god.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

all this arya talk is just reminding me how terrible and anticlimactic the freys' comeuppance was.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
wow arya's talk about "I kNOw dEaTH It hAs mANy FacEs" is super cringy

the sex scene can only be an improvement over this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The crypts don't seem like a spectacular idea even putting aside the idea that they're full of dead bodies that can start walking around at any moment.

Aren't you putting yourself at risk of just getting trapped down there? All the exits are guarded by the invading army of the dead, now where ya going?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Get your loving eyes checked if he looks 30 years older than her.

E:
https://jezebel.com/arya-fucks-deal-with-it-1834210286

did you seriously post a jezebel article, lmao

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Has anyone seen Brienne smile like this before?

Crimpolioni posted:

did you seriously post a jezebel article, lmao

Read it and get back to me. hurhruhrurhurhu

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh it was jezebel. I didnt know that survived Hulk Hogan.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

all this arya talk is just reminding me how terrible and anticlimactic the freys' comeuppance was.

Are that Tully guy and his wife still prisoner somewhere? They’re probably dead now, even if they were being held by the Lannisters. I can’t see any of the living characters remembering anything about that, unless Jamie lives.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hey /r/relationships, things have been going great so far between me [32m] and my girlfriend [18f] but now during sex she wants me to wear these masks??

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

The crypts don't seem like a spectacular idea even putting aside the idea that they're full of dead bodies that can start walking around at any moment.

Aren't you putting yourself at risk of just getting trapped down there? All the exits are guarded by the invading army of the dead, now where ya going?

Just like Helm’s Deep, it’s basically the only place to put children that protects them either til every man is dead (or undead) or the heroes win.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Xae posted:

Someone did a video on casting obsidian. The short version is that you can, but it's a huge pain in the rear end and isn't worth it.

Yeah but said video also said how they had to use a special furnace and that it almost ended up getting hosed up due to the obsidian corroding it and blablabla :science: not something medieval fantasy Planetos would have but hey this is the sidetitty and dragon show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Are that Tully guy and his wife still prisoner somewhere? They’re probably dead now, even if they were being held by the Lannisters. I can’t see any of the living characters remembering anything about that, unless Jamie lives.

It seems entirely possible that Arya killed all the Freys and left her uncle chained up in their dungeon because he hasn't been mentioned since they threw him down there.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Bran & Rickon uses the crypts to escape Theon. There's a ton of secret places and hidden tunnels under Winterfell.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Has anyone seen Brienne smile like this before?

Read it and get back to me. hurhruhrurhurhu

You seem quite passionate about defending the teenage characters sex scenes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This age chat has reminded me that the dude who played Jojen is in his mid-30s. Jesus.

Also, I heard on a podcast that they buzzed Gendry because people were confusing him with Pod. Makes you wonder... maybe Arya picked the wrong lay?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A Typical Goon posted:

You seem quite passionate about defending the teenage characters sex scenes

:lol: At trying to turn this around on me. Eat poo poo.

Female character shows some agency.

"ooooh, its weird! shes a child to me still!"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Bran & Rickon uses the crypts to escape Theon. There's a ton of secret places and hidden tunnels under Winterfell.

That's good. I think anyone who had to escape that way would be as hosed as if they just evacuated ahead of the battle though. Probably worse because the Others are closer to you now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If there's one thing teenagers aren't, it's horny

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They were supposed to be at Casterly Rock somewhere but I may be confusing the books and show. I forgot they killed the Blackfish in the show. But then the next season Casterly Rock was sacked by Yara and Theon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Again, the character is 18 in the show. This is literally creepy gatekeeping of female sexuality.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
You know, if the undead army were smart they would just surround Winterfell and starve them to death. Why waste the undead zombies? Time is on their side. If General Zombieface McHorserider had any kind of smarts he'd know that there's no way they'll feed their armies and dragons. They'll probably turn on each other, the dragons first due to their insatiable hunger, and the commoners will eventually turn on Jon and Dany. Cannibalism will run rampant. Shaggydog will return and devour the remainder.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
So, Sansa was giving some pretty big puppy-dog eyes to Theon. With her previous relationships, a guy with literally no penis seems like the best choice for her, he's being selfless and he can't rape her. The future of the Stark line is looking dim unless Arya and Gendry have some kids.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Xae posted:

Game of Thrones Season 8 - A song of side eye and metallurgy.

I'm okay with it being special magic obsidian that's different than normal obsidian. Even if working with it is still a huge pain in the rear end, if it's the only widely available material for killing undead, then you gotta make do.

It's also entirely possible that the smiths are hammering iron or steel since they're making trebuchets and other stuff that doesn't require dragonglass.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This faceless teenage assassin fucks.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

SimonCat posted:

So, Sansa was giving some pretty big puppy-dog eyes to Theon. With her previous relationships, a guy with literally no penis seems like the best choice for her, he's being selfless and he can't rape her. The future of the Stark line is looking dim unless Arya and Gendry have some kids.

All the way back in s1, Robert said to Ned "I have a son, you have a daughter..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want Robin Arryn back just so that he can finally live his dream of seeing a small man fly

jfc Tyrion has no place patronising anyone anymore. It's been 4 seasons since he last did anything relevant, and 5 since he did anything that would qualify him as smart.