Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It's ok, she's legal.

She's 18.

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Powershift posted:

Maybe they didn't know what android phones were and figured you had a sex robit

I'm still not sure if you're saying that they have a sex robot or a sex hobbit, or a combination.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm still not sure if you're saying that they have a sex robot or a sex hobbit, or a combination.
The smaller ones are easier to pack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Nah that's a hobo and a rabbit, but they're making a Hobbit.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The smaller ones are easier to pack.

I heard about a guy who thought the same thing when ordering a sex doll from aliexpress

He's in jail now

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's ok, she's legal.

She's 18.

:haw:

:frogout:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm making sex ribbits!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not quite OSHA...

but a rooftop swimmingpool getting emptied by an earthquake in Manila today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQhnN2sPPLU
https://i.imgur.com/QOLPdhJ.mp4
Apparently two swimmers are missing...

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 22, 2019

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Cool, I know exactly what my nightmares are going to be for the rest of the week now

Always nice to figure that out nice and early

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

drunkill posted:

Not quite OSHA...

but a rooftop swimmingpool getting emptied by an earthquake in Manila today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQhnN2sPPLU

To infinity and beyond!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Reminds me of the swimming pool during last year's big typhoons where the swimming pool inside a high rise was going insane.

EDIT: Not the one I was looking for, but almost as bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PG13h4Vn8

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Now obviously an earthquake comes out of nowhere but a typhoon is coming and you don't drain your pool(s)? Really smart people in this world.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rad-daddio posted:

This is more fun when you do it with electric hedge trimmers.

I once did that, the cord looped weird and got sliced right through. No damage to me or the hedge trimmer, but I did discover that the outlet next to my front door is linked to the GFCI in the bathroom across the house, and not the one in the kitchen right around the corner. At least it wasn't the one in the crawlspace for the sump pump.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My dad did that with the hedge trimmer. He was walking out from behind the hedge, bumped something and his finger hit the trigger. Cut the cord clean through. He was lucky he wasn't caught in the blades. He used to be Mr. Safety, but he's gotten real lax since he retired.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TVs Ian posted:

I once did that, the cord looped weird and got sliced right through. No damage to me or the hedge trimmer, but I did discover that the outlet next to my front door is linked to the GFCI in the bathroom across the house, and not the one in the kitchen right around the corner. At least it wasn't the one in the crawlspace for the sump pump.

I did this, I can't remember now but I might have only cut through about 3/4. Either way it was the only extension cord I had and I didn't really have the money to buy another one so I twisted the correct wires back together and individually electrical taped them and then electrical tape wrapped the entire area really well. That was about 7 years ago and I still use the extension cord.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jeoh posted:

To infinity and beyond!

Cowabungaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the spiller in manila

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

I did this, I can't remember now but I might have only cut through about 3/4. Either way it was the only extension cord I had and I didn't really have the money to buy another one so I twisted the correct wires back together and individually electrical taped them and then electrical tape wrapped the entire area really well. That was about 7 years ago and I still use the extension cord.

Ahhhhhhh!

Just fit a new plug/socket at the cut instead of waiting for someone to get shocked.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Good protest, terrible OSHA

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Didn't the Crimson Permanent Assurance fight those guys in the sequel

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

drunkill posted:

Not quite OSHA...

How dangerous would that be? I remember someone posting what a backhoe of water does to a car. I wonder if it's a similar situation here or if the fall spreads it out or something.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drunkill posted:

Not quite OSHA...

The infinity pool went beyond

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Big Dick Cheney posted:

How dangerous would that be? I remember someone posting what a backhoe of water does to a car. I wonder if it's a similar situation here or if the fall spreads it out or something.

It has time to spread, form droplets and slow, so not very? The only reason the backhoe is able to murder the car is because it hits as one solid object and the uncompressable nature of water allows the majority of the momentum to transfer before the water can get out of the way.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Big Dick Cheney posted:

the fall spreads it out, the difference between a crushed car and localized rain is the distance the water has to fall

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Lurking Haro posted:

Ahhhhhhh!

Just fit a new plug/socket at the cut instead of waiting for someone to get shocked.

Hmm I might do this to learn a new thing. I mean I could also just buy a new one since I have more income now. Guess I'll see how much extension cord plugs cost.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Now obviously an earthquake comes out of nowhere but a typhoon is coming and you don't drain your pool(s)? Really smart people in this world.

"The news is saying we should fill the bathtub before the hurricane hits so we have water for cleaning, toilets, etc. Well, we have a pool, don't we?"

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Imma save 10k cubik feet of chlorinated drinking water around, for drinking

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/DRhlncw.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
There has got to be better ways to cut that lawn!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Powershift posted:

Maybe they didn't know what android phones were and figured you had a sex robit

*AHEM*

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

m'robit :tipshat:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

That is really dangerous. Don't use poo poo like that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

RabbitWizard posted:

That is really dangerous. Don't use poo poo like that.

...without recording it first

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Why don't they just raise the runway

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Why don't they just raise the runway

Bamboo isn't that cheap.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

TVs Ian posted:

Guy I work with cut through the power cord of an angle grinder, while he was using it. Still alive.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Yeah, that's some bullshit. One of the first lessons of working in any large organization is to make sure everything of substance has an email to back it up. Talking face to face is great, but if it's not followed up with an email starting out "per our last conversation" then it didn't really happen. It's not even just a CYA thing, I ask people all the time to send me an email about whatever they were asking for, just so I have a record of exactly what they were talking about.

If one wanted to be really charitable, it's possible they were talking about only using email rather than talking to people and backing that up with email, but Boeing isn't exactly running high on the benefit of the doubt right now.
Safety, environmental, and quality professionals are encouraged to reach verbal consensus before putting anything to memo. Short of premade paperwork you don't use a pen for anything that hasn't been comitteed there and back again.

It's grey but it helps with personal liability and not just company liability because you will get absolutely lawyer reamed for writing "XYZ is wrong" hopelessly into fully legal and documented but mostly ignored email memos because 'you weren't proactive enough in presenting the disaster and were only interested in saving your own hide.'

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This was the elevator control panel on one floor of my building until this weekend. I never dared to press it.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

https://www.facebook.com/SXSEB/videos/1204803419529702/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well....

was he able to get you charged? :pervert: