Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
e: accidental post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not ready for next week's episode :(

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How did they manage to get this season aired uncensored? I forget if Season 4 was uncensored, but if they had the censorship standards of parts 1-3, this entire last episode would just be a bunch of black blobs.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How did they manage to get this season aired uncensored? I forget if Season 4 was uncensored, but if they had the censorship standards of parts 1-3, this entire last episode would just be a bunch of black blobs.

Season 4 was also censored. I wonder if season 5 is being played in a different time slot or something

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Didn't want to mention it in the anime thread but what really gets my goat about the Risotto fight is its one of the only times the they acknowledge the consequences of the violence, and then it just gets disregarded anyway. Diavolo straight out says Risotto hosed him and offers him a merciful death if he restores his blood iron, Risotto refuses and then Diavolo is... just fine anyway?

Araki can be pretty guilty of depicting dramatic scenes of violence without ever following through with the consequences for the characters and Diavolo's unexplained recovery is right up there with that time Johnny got shot in the head with a revolver.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 23, 2019

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Didn't he get the iron back by eating the frog? It's been a while but I definitely remember him chowing down at the end.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah the dude is loving desperate and ends up biting into a frog to get some amount of iron back into him and run away

he doesn't just magically get up and run off on his own like people seemingly think he does

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Huh, I don't recall the frog at all. That guy really got put through the wars :-(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The Jojo 5 scans were such awful quality when I read them I don't remember anything beyond there being a poison guy, a helicopter guy, and a bunch of chapters where the main character is swimming.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah what everyone else said. If anything this section is where Araki is kind of the most consistent writing wise, from Notorious B.I.G to Green Day and Oasis, all these fights are pretty smart and satisfying

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
There's also this:

Kiddo was not just bleeding, he was drained

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Exercu posted:

There's also this:

That's pretty creepy Diavolo just straight up vampiring someone.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Exercu posted:

There's also this:

Okay, I'm annoyed I somehow managed to blank out this page. Apologies to Diavolo for being a literal vampiric monster.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I don't remember any of that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

King Crimson strikes again

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS52GS_m6gw

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

MagusDraco posted:

Season 4 was also censored. I wonder if season 5 is being played in a different time slot or something
I thought it was in a different slot, yes

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I don’t remember what the previous seasons’ timeslots were but this one is at 1am. I’m pretty sure you don’t have to censor much that late at night.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the same time slot but shifted around 5 minutes.
I've not been able to catch the live broadcast because I had to go and get an adult life (gross) but it's possible that they're just giving Crunchy the uncensored video. They're definitely giving them different video files to the broadcast because Notorious BIG was BIG on the JP broadcast.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

the anime is really making me like Diavolo more.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

That was really good. Also looking up the manga for comparison I completely forgot you could see the background through Abbacchio's hole.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Think that was the first time an ep of the anime didn't end w a To Be Continued. Classy choice.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

did they show the scene with the cop

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Yeah

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nice, that's the good poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had forgotten that Abbacchio died here. I thought everyone who died did so at the Coliseum.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The anime seems to imply Giorno turned Abbachio's body into flowers. A nice touch.

Also I assume the "special episode" next week is going to be a recap but it's called Destiny so maybe they're doing Rolling Stone early?

EDIT: Oh wait, it's Golden week next week. Yeah it's just a recap.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 27, 2019

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBiaCiRJ8c

Posting this here only because it contains a massive spoiler.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Frionnel posted:

holy poo poo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Frionnel posted:

Extremely pro-click video

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Frionnel posted:

Di Molto Bene

Holy poo poo

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Frionnel posted:

I take it back Traitor's Requiem is gureito

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bahahahahahahaahahaha the tower has the Court of the Crimson King face

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
reanimate the whole series in oingo boingo style

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Frionnel posted:

The dead/alive gauge is amazing.

The spoilers are baffling and completely unnecessary though

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I feel like I'll just sound like an rear end in a top hat if I say it out of nowhere in the anime thread but as always I'm bewildered by the fact that a general discussion about how a stand works (which often does involve a good degree of 'listen it just loving does somehow') often veers into people who seem really petulant or upset if a stand doesn't fully make sense

King Crimson generally does make a fair amount of sense, all things considered, now that we have a better translation to look at but... in Jojo, does it ever actually matter if the stand is fully logical or not? Come on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Star Platinum is out here doing whatever the gently caress it wants and no one minds. King Crimson is at least doing some form of "erasing time" at each point, even if that phrase is being defined differently.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the problem with king crimson is the people who act like it does actually work logically and consistently. much like every stand, it does whatever is plot convenient, and theoretically is very thematically cool for diavolo, so it's all fine. but don't try to tell me it's actually very well considered and not bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

the problem with king crimson is the people who act like it does actually work logically and consistently. much like every stand, it does whatever is plot convenient, and theoretically is very thematically cool for diavolo, so it's all fine. but don't try to tell me it's actually very well considered and not bullshit

Gold Experience is much the same way.