Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

The Jumpoff posted:

Yeah speaking of youtube batreps i've become addicted to them. I've already got Winters, Moarhammer, Tabletop Tactics, Glacial Geek and miniwargaming on my youtube sub list but i was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations. No chuds or nazis please.

Anvil of War is good. They play games in my basement all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

ash has had fash on his show before and said/done nothing when called on it.

When? I've not seen any Nazis on his channel. Certainly no SS-themed Guard or anything obvious like SS82.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I like Rerolling Ones, Grim Resolve, and Steve from MWG's channel, Mountain Miniatures Gaming where he plays a lot of WHFB.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

When? I've not seen any Nazis on his channel. Certainly no SS-themed Guard or anything obvious like SS82.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIYUPmTufLs&t=22s

this guy has been on the channel a bunch and runs hot dice miniatures

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow! Pro Duterte shirt! That's... a thing you can wear.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
"my family sent me this and they are rightfully very proud of their democratically elected leader" -the actual guy in the comments

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen anything bad about Winters.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I wish I lived near MWG so I could play WHFB with Steve all the time, haha. I miss that game and it's cool someone out there is still playing.

Ill have to check out that dave guy, I can only really watch reports if they have narrative stuff in them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
How loving hard can it possibly be to just not be a loving bootlicking cockroach Jesus Christ

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Omg I spend like at least a couple hours a day painting Magnus and he's so far away from being done.

Real love/hate relationship with these centerpiece models.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Omg I spend like at least a couple hours a day painting Magnus and he's so far away from being done.

Real love/hate relationship with these centerpiece models.

Yeah, there's a girl who's painting up Morathi and while she's only been working on her at our painting night, at the same time that's at least 12 hours thus far total, to say nothing of what she's done at home.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dawgstar posted:

Wow! Pro Duterte shirt! That's... a thing you can wear.

Insanely cursed.

The rest of the battlereps that people recommended seem good though.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pro Duterte shirt is wild. gently caress that guy and gently caress GMG for having him on.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I like the new Keeper of Secrets model a lot, but really doubt that I'll be able to fit it into a decent otherwise CSM army since summoning gets significantly harder the higher the PL is (and it's 12 PL for a 165 point model :psyduck:). What does CSM have that I can take in a Black Legion list that is better at summoning?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Strobe posted:

I like the new Keeper of Secrets model a lot, but really doubt that I'll be able to fit it into a decent otherwise CSM army since summoning gets significantly harder the higher the PL is (and it's 12 PL for a 165 point model :psyduck:). What does CSM have that I can take in a Black Legion list that is better at summoning?

The new Malefic discipline, known by the new Master of Possession. WC7, roll 4D6 instead of 3 when summoning, no wounds on doubles or trebles.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Milotic posted:

The new Malefic discipline, known by the new Master of Possession. WC7, roll 4D6 instead of 3 when summoning, no wounds on doubles or trebles.

Also lets you summon after moving, which is a huge bonus. The other option is to take a Word Bearers Slaanesh champion to use the summoning stratagem.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The new Keeper of Secrets is also coming with a new datasheet, so who knows what the PL/points are going to be.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Well, ahead of the SoB plastics, I’ve (mostly) assembled three repressors (pictures forthcoming after I do the gap filling with green stuff). I want to add 3x immolators and 3x exorcists to my forces. You can still buy these vehicles from the GW website. I’m curious though...will GW release updates to these models in conjunction with the SoB minis? What’s their history like concerning such updates? If new high quality plastic immolators are on the way I’d probably start with 1x immolator and 1x exorcist.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Gameko posted:

Well, ahead of the SoB plastics, I’ve (mostly) assembled three repressors (pictures forthcoming after I do the gap filling with green stuff). I want to add 3x immolators and 3x exorcists to my forces. You can still buy these vehicles from the GW website. I’m curious though...will GW release updates to these models in conjunction with the SoB minis? What’s their history like concerning such updates? If new high quality plastic immolators are on the way I’d probably start with 1x immolator and 1x exorcist.

The latest Battle Sister Bulletin covered vehicle details and implied incoming Exorcist and Immolator kits.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You still want the current exorcist kit. It's a pain but it still owns hard twenty years on or whatever.

E: VVVV yeah maybe pain is a understating it a bit. You'll need to file and align the metal parts with the rhino then hit it with two part epoxy and rubber bands imo

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 22, 2019

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just keep in mind that it's a rhino with metal bits made from an ancient mold.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

The Jumpoff posted:

Yeah speaking of youtube batreps i've become addicted to them. I've already got Winters, Moarhammer, Tabletop Tactics, Glacial Geek and miniwargaming on my youtube sub list but i was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations. No chuds or nazis please.

Herknes Dragonbalde runs highly detailed narrative campaigns, and he works alongside rules experts and scratchbuild converters.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Gameko posted:

It's an entire range refresh. Assume that nothing will be continuing.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
When's the next FAQ? I read they were waiting for some random tournament to complete.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Comstar posted:

When's the next FAQ? I read they were waiting for some random tournament to complete.

It wasn't a random tournament, it was Adepticon which is one of the biggest events in the world. As for when, it's anyone's guess at this point. I think maybe tomorrow, but I'm no more informed than anyone else is.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

It's definitely in April though

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Plavski posted:

The Facebook account made a post on Saturday saying it would happen in April, so I expect we will see it on 4/30

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Very cool. I think I'll sit on the exorcist and immolators then. Got enough to keep me busy for a while.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Facebook account made a post on Saturday saying it would happen in April, so I expect we will see it on 4/30

Well that’s when they’ll announce the FAQ will be releasing the following week.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well that’s when they’ll announce the FAQ will be releasing the following week.

got em

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

New White Dwarf preview is up, and alongside the usual nonsense, is this:

quote:

* On the topic of June’s issue, there will be a slightly longer gap than usual between the May and June issues. The release date for June’s issue in stores will be Friday 21st June, as moving forwards, White Dwarf will be released mid-month. As always, we’ll keep you up to speed right here.

So we have a 7 week wait between the upcoming issue and the next one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Plavski posted:

New White Dwarf preview is up, and alongside the usual nonsense, is this:

So we have a 7 week wait between the upcoming issue and the next one.

Great. Given how much they hosed up April subscriber deliveries (I'm still waiting on mine) that means they're either pushing everything back or I'll get mine in July.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting my newest additions to the completed pile:

Zuul the Cat posted:

I've been doing a lot of work on my Death Guard to try to get one of my armies fully painted. Pretty happy with most of this guy. I want to revisit the head dangling off his back and maybe the plaguebearer shoulder pad, but aside from that I'm happy with him. Really chuffed at how well the apron turned out.

Also, not counting the basing and this guy is just about done as well.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Plavski posted:

Considering how overdue the CSM Codex FAQ is, this image means nothing.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

Considering how overdue the CSM Codex FAQ is, this image means nothing.

So long as it's out quicker than the Adeptus Titanicus FAQ we're all good

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Zuul the Cat posted:

Crossposting my newest additions to the completed pile:

That daemon prince sword kicks absolute rear end

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

With the Kill Team starter set and a box of Acolyte Hybrids, what's a good Genestealer Cult list? I'm super poor at the moment, so buying more models won't be an option for many a moon.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

inscrutable horse posted:

With the Kill Team starter set and a box of Acolyte Hybrids, what's a good Genestealer Cult list? I'm super poor at the moment, so buying more models won't be an option for many a moon.

My team is 3 Acolyte Fighters, run all as whatever the best option is (don't have the rules in front of me), an Acolyte Leader (not run as a leader) and then a Neophyte Leader and as many neophytes as you can fit in. Weapon choices are entirely up to you and who you're fighting.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Thanks mate! That gives me a good starting place to build from :) I'm thinking of going with mostly shotguns for the neophytes, with a flamer or grenade launcher thrown into the mix. As for the Acolytes, the heavy saw and cutter look mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

That daemon prince sword kicks absolute rear end

Thanks! Super easy to do, just Yriel Yellow over Moot Green and a bit of glazing.