Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Heartcatch posted:

With the next event coming up, you've got your work cut out for you.

Yeah, recording Deep Dive's content is going to be a bit of a logistical nightmare. Gotta do it for the story though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 1 Emergency, Part 2

: Check it out! I upgraded all the computer systems at base!

That's right. Since our last update, there has been a massive client update, that has brought stuff like multi-turn planning mode, auto-battle updates and general QoL improvements. It's also shrunk the client down to 1.5GB or so, so if storage was preventing you from trying this game out, well, it's not quite an issue now. I'll be going through the new features as they come up, but honestly, those were the main points already.

Chapter 1-3e: Advanced Training III

Music: Home Formation

Griffin Control, Area S09

: Heheh. Didn't expect to see me, did ya?
: Miss Helian has some urgent business this morning, so I'll be giving out your assignment for now.
: Huh? ...Me? Don't worry. I'll do fine!
: In any case, HQ's got everything prepared. I just gotta record some data.
: Heheh. I may not look like it, but I can handle a computer just fine.
: Hey! What do you mean, "I'd never guess"?! Is that even a compliment?!
: Whatever. Let's start your mission, Commander!

Snazzy new client feature: dialogue logs. Doesn't really help me considering how I make this LP, but hey, it's there now.

Music: SAFETY FIRST.A

: Ooo, I'm liking these UI updates already, Miss Kalina.

Multi-turn planning mode?! That's right, we can now input a series of commands and AFK our way to victory. Not really the best idea if you actually care about getting gold medals, considering it doesn't account for enemy movement, but it's great for farming maps.

A further upgrade is the ability to double back on nodes you've already tapped and the ability to auto-swap with other echelons. For when you're really lazy.

: Oh my god, I didn't even know planning mode could do this.
: Well, it only took me several months of reprogramming the entire Battlefield Planner client. No biggie.

An entirely uneventful first set of turns goes by, with our usual opener. I believe the most interesting thing to occur is that from this map onwards, enemies can spawn from enemy-held heliports.

: Another day, another ruble. We'll go ahead first, yeah?
: Sure. Take care, I think this simulation came installed with the Reinforcements add-on.
: We spent a lot of money on that DLC and we're not letting it go to waste, ok?

: We'll take the southern route then.

: Hostiles incoming.
: Here too. They're a bit... below our paygrade, though.
: Look ladies, the real difficulty is here at the strategic level. It's hard work thinking of how to move you all.
: I think that would sound more convincing if you didn't have a sleeping mask on, Gentiane.

: Time to put this new doubling-back feature to good use. Thanks, programmers.

*The 425 scout at the north runs into SASS's echelon. Map clear :toot: *

: Full steam ahead!
: Choo choo!
: Choo choo!
: Bren Ten!
: ... Choo choo.

The results screen has had a bit of an aesthetic update as well.

... Combat over.

: Such results will surely win you points in the higher-ups' books.
: ... Hmm? You've got something to ask, Commander?
: The conflict... between Griffin and Sangvis Ferri?
: Hmm... I don't know much more than you do.

: Rumour has it, that a sophisticated AI is behind the whole thing.
: It disobeyed the commanders at S.F. and seized control over all the T-Dolls in their factory.
: Still, this is just the result of Griffin's preliminary investigation. Everything is still shrouded in mystery.
: As for what that AI has cooking on the stove, nobody knows.

: But don't you worry. This isn't where Sangvis Ferri and Griffin duke it out.
: All you need to do is perform your duties and fend off the occasional minor attacks initiated by S.F.!

Kalina's report: The commander asked me about Sangvis Ferri, but I was more concerned about Miss Helian missing an appointment again...

I never did show off what the repair bay looked like, did I? As the name suggests, this is where you put your T-Dolls to repair from damage taken whilst in battle.

: I'm a bit dinged up, but I'll be alright in no time!

I have enough quick repair tickets sitting around to skip the 30 seconds if I really wanted to, but eh.

Chapter 1-4e: Advanced Training IV

Music: Frontline

A remote call at Griffin Control.

: Commander, I'm back.

: By the way, Kalin didn't screw things up last time, did she?
: ... Really? That's a surprise, but good thing it went well.
: But there's still no sign of her today... She's probably overslept again.
: Whatever. It's not important. Let's continue with your training.

: But I have faith in your abilities, Commander. Please do your best.

Music: MADE IN HEAVEN

: This map looks... familiar.
: Look, with all the work Kalina's been doing around base you're lucky you have a training map at all.

: Time to put this new feature to good use.
: You don't want us to go in right away?
: Nah, you girls hang back a bit. Let the Super Sorority clear an LZ further ahead.

Nothing of great import happens, other than us getting boxed in. No biggie, though. I send the Super Sorority to clear the southern mob, summon in the machine gunners and send them north.

: Northern approach clear. Thanks for securing the LZ.
: Ah, no worries, it's what we do.

New client came with a small update on the battle screen. The skills now pulse gold as their effect is up and have a proper timer now.

: Hmm. The Scarecrow has gone up our branch of the map. Guess we're taking her on.
: Aww, but her lasers hurt to tank :(

: Oh, you are approaching me? Fools-

: Well that was a bit... underwhelming.
: I guess we
are a bit overqualified for this.

Managed to get the limited drop of Chapter 1 whilst recording. Yay me :dance:

: Alright ladies, let's wrap this up. I need my afternoon nap.
: *slowly writes down note in examination booklet*

: Great job, ladies. Take 5. Enjoy yourselves until the next mission, you deserve it.

: Oh hey, USAS. Do you guys want to join us in our dorm? We're breaking out the PS8.
: Sure. What are we playing?
: Haha, well...
: Fool that you are, you do not appreciate the unique aesthetics and profound marriage of gameplay and storyline in Final Fantasy XIX.
: Unique my rear end, I've seen that mechanic in loads of other RPGs. We're playing Dragon Quest XV. It's a classic for a reason!
: I'm sorry, I can't stand by whilst we completely ignore Tales of Lacania. You guys are severely undervaluing the importance of good action in your core gameplay.
: Hey now guys, why don't we just play Witcher 8 or something?
: gently caress off westaboo.
: Now now, let's go argue over what game to play in our dorms.
: (We're probably just going to end up playing Skullgirls again anyway.)

... Assessment passed.

: Astonishing...
: I knew you would complete the mission, but your efficiency still surprised me...

... The door opens. Miss Kalin enters.

: Oh! Miss Helian's you're back.

: Says who? I did turn in Commander's results on time last time, you know!
: What about this time? Don't tell me you overslept again.
: This time... Heheh...
: ...? What are you snickering about?
: I just found out from another colleague...
: The reason why... Miss Helian... was absent for the last test.

: Another failed mixer, huh... Sorry to hear that.
: I-I don't know what you're talking about!
: That's all for today, Commander!
: D-Dismissed!

Kalina's report: So Helian is the very "Mixer Underdog" in Griffon gossip. This doesn't bode well... Should I help?

: Hey, Kalina?
: Yeah?
: Our base is in Eastern Europe, right?
: Yeah.
: And this game is developed by a Chinesse company, right?
: Yeah...
: So why is Helian going to something as ubiquitously Japanese as a mixer anyway?
: Look, at times like this, just blame anime.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
This chapter's Emergency stage story dialogue was very light and mostly focused on characters and background, but this makes way for a lot of extra plot insight and story extension in later chapters!

(Chapter 8e :negative:)

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I'm surprised that M14's bored enough to opine about videogames while an OP is still going on.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Danann posted:

I'm surprised that M14's bored enough to opine about videogames while an OP is still going on.

Everyone needs something they're passionate about :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

With a new chapter on the horizon, it's time for that part of the LP again. Reader-submitted echelons! I've widened the available selection to level 20, and rolled quite a few new dolls since the last selection.

AR

HG

MG

RF

SG

SMG

Reminder of the rules:
1) Minimum of two tanks (SMG/SG). I'm upping it to 2 this time around just in case.
2) Maximum of one HG.

I'll pick the two worst (best?) echelons and work with them for the entirety of Chapter 2. Of course, you could always just suggest the Super Sorority again.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
AK47, OTs-12, RPD, MP5, Micro Uzi.

There, the Red Berets feat. Uzi.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MDR, NZ75, Bren, M500, Shipka.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

M500, M1887, M9, M60, and M1919A4.

This echelon brought to you by the letter M.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
PP-90, PP-19-01, P7, PTRD, PP-2000

Jumping on the first letter bandwagon go my P-team.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Here's the team I propose:

AUG because let's face it, that's what we and the game are
Lee Enfield because this pack of idiots is gonna need a nanny
Bren 10 because Bren 10
Suomi because with the power of PERKELE and SISU on our side, we cannot lose!
PPsh-41 because her VA Sumire Uesaka is a major Russiaboo (to the point where she speaks fluent Russian and performed in Russia), and I'm a big fan of her work from Girls und Panzer.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
MP5 with Knife Wife skin

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

SVT 38, SKS, DP-28, PPSh-41, Suomi.

The all :ussr: squad of the Great Patriotic War (if you squint closely).

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

CommissarMega posted:

Here's the team I propose:

AUG because let's face it, that's what we and the game are
Lee Enfield because this pack of idiots is gonna need a nanny
Bren 10 because Bren 10
Suomi because with the power of PERKELE and SISU on our side, we cannot lose!
PPsh-41 because her VA Sumire Uesaka is a major Russiaboo (to the point where she speaks fluent Russian and performed in Russia), and I'm a big fan of her work from Girls und Panzer.

This formation setup makes me want to die.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

aw yeah time to vote for the thing I made up

wait a second

Ibblebibble posted:

Reminder of the rules:
1) Minimum of two tanks (SMG/SG). I'm upping it to 2 this time around just in case.
2) Maximum of one HG.

changing the rules after I make the horrorshow in discord to stop me? rude. anyways, fixed to fit your new rules

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheFlyingLlama posted:

aw yeah time to vote for the thing I made up

wait a second

changing the rules after I make the horrorshow in discord to stop me? rude. anyways, fixed to fit your new rules

I know what I fear.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

skaianDestiny posted:

This formation setup makes me want to die.

I think it's fairly obvious that I don't play the game :v: May I ask why, though? I thought there'd be a lot of synergy, or at least that was the impression after skimming the wiki.

What app is this? It looks real cool!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

I think it's fairly obvious that I don't play the game :v: May I ask why, though? I thought there'd be a lot of synergy, or at least that was the impression after skimming the wiki.

There's a couple of main issues:

1) RFs really dont belong in the front line.
2) Both AUG and Bren Ten want to be in the 4 position thanks to their tile buffs, so theres no real good configuration for them (unless I go cross formation again I guess).

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

What app is this? It looks real cool!

https://gfeasdf.github.io/gf/

EDIT: specifically it's the DPS/Formation sim

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 22, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a couple of main issues:

1) RFs really dont belong in the front line.
2) Both AUG and Bren Ten want to be in the 4 position thanks to their tile buffs, so theres no real good configuration for them (unless I go cross formation again I guess).

Ah, right then. In that case, let me present TEAM DAKKA:

3 ARs (AUG, 416 and Type 95) with the 2 requisite tanks (Suomi and G36). We gotta have Suomi at least- the power of PERKELE cannot be denied.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

3 ARs (AUG, 416 and Type 95) with the 2 requisite tanks (Suomi and G36). We gotta have Suomi at least- the power of PERKELE cannot be denied.

That's actually scarily close to a great team lol

I probably should have excluded 416 from reader echelon selection because SPOILERS she's a major story character, but if I do go along with this I might just sub her out for T95's sister T97.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ibblebibble posted:

That's actually scarily close to a great team lol

Wait, seriously? I just pick based on how un-skeevy they look and whether they have tile synergy V:shobon:V

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
MP5

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

Wait, seriously? I just pick based on how un-skeevy they look and whether they have tile synergy V:shobon:V

The ratio of characters with at least halfway reasonable designs that are genuinely useful versus unreasonable but still useful is pretty decent. One of the things I like about the game overall.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

CommissarMega posted:

CommissarMega posted:

Honestly it's mostly because AUG is an absolutely fantastic AR. Her skill makes her shoot at the same speed as a machine gun (with the same sounds too) and at max skill level she suffers no penalty whatsoever. The only real iffy part is that when her skill is active she switches targets after every shot, so actually killing individual enemies takes longer.

The only real issues with the formation (in terms of really optimizing stuff) is that it's in a B formation instead of an F formation meaning the AR in the top row will likely get hit instead of an SMG and that it's moved up to the 2nd and 3rd columns and not the 1st and 2nd. This is because your dolls outrange the enemy, so moving them back is a good way to maximize the time the enemy has to take to walk up to you, and thus increase the time your dolls can shoot the enemy without being shot at in return. In addition, Suomi and G36c are competing for the main tank position since they both have defensive skills. For general use, having an off-tank (usually has a damage skill) SMG is better for damage, since a dead enemy is an enemy that isn't shooting you.

Going by Ibblebibble's proposed change wrt 416, here's how I'd change it up.

I put Suomi in the main tank position and replaced G36c with SR-3MP in the off tank position. SR-3MP or Shrimp, is an off-tank SMG who buffs her own damage by 260%, with the downside being poo poo SMG accuracy. If you really wanted to be optimal, G36c would be the main tank instead of Suomi since G36c has better tile buffs.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

LornMarkus posted:

The ratio of characters with at least halfway reasonable designs that are genuinely useful versus unreasonable but still useful is pretty decent. One of the things I like about the game overall.

I'm upset they somehow reverted Shrimp's art from her censored version to the uncensored version. The sports bra really made it 50 times less skeevy.

Also the general trend for newer dolls to be less cheesecake and more tacticool is a welcome trend.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

The current discussion gave me a good terrible team idea.

I call it the "cant play in public."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maybe something like this then?

Seems cool, and hopefully the extra defensiveness doesn't really matter especially since the other SMGs have disadvantages ranging from meh stats to 'I DON'T WANNA GO TO JAIL!' art.

See what I mean? DO YOU SEE?!

EDIT: Gat dang I can't stop theorycrafting this freakin' gacha game. If it's DPS you want, maybe something like this could work while still being terrible enough to qualify?

It's got 3 tanks, that poor SMG up top has absolutely no synergy, and that Bren's gonna chew up ammo like fuuuck. However, it's got Bren 10 and she's adorable, while also having Lee-Enfield who is my newfound raifu is the best-dressed of the lot, though I dunno why they have her in a wedding dress here. Also not sure why Bren 10 is doing so much DPS there.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 23, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dale-Taco posted:

The current discussion gave me a good terrible team idea.

I call it the "cant play in public."

Doesn't include ART, not even worth the arrest.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ibblebibble posted:

Doesn't include ART, not even worth the arrest.

Holy crap, I looked this one up and you're not kidding :stare: Her wiki page also has one hell of a trivia section:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
At least she's not G41, whose artist doesn't know if she's a cat, dog, or fox, confesses he was "really horny" when he drew her, and explicitly calls her a fucknugget. :v

EDIT: Also her censored art is superior because it gives her a skirt.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 23, 2019

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Prob already mentioned, but this looks like Upotte in vidya form. I really hope the game isn't as cringeworthy.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

the serious answer is that the developers seem to want a make a super serious war game but half of the artists are just so loving horny.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Lacedaemonius posted:

Prob already mentioned, but this looks like Upotte in vidya form. I really hope the game isn't as cringeworthy.

Early game is rather generic, but it quickly becomes "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

The upcoming event is regarded as where the story really starts to stand out.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the serious answer is that the developers seem to want a make a super serious war game but half of the artists are just so loving horny.

Over time the art seems to swing towards "tacticool/badass, but still horny"

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If we're still suggesting teams, AUG/MDR/RFB/Suomi/Thompson.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Let's go with these.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Bren ten! :3:

Minor trivia, the USAS in 12's name stands for Universal Sporting Automatic Shotgun and the gun is originally South Korean.

Also I strongly dislike what this game has done to the AK5. :sweden:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 24, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Minor trivia, the USAS in 12's name stands for Universal Sporting Automatic Shotgun and the gun is originally South Korean.

Also I strongly dislike what this game has done to the AK5. :sweden:

I honestly did think that USAS was American for the longest time just because of the name. I know pretty much nothing about guns IRL. I had to look up what bullpup meant, even :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Ibblebibble posted:

Let's go with these.

oh my god #1