Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Crow Jane posted:

Maybe Sansa will lend her some clothes

They don't wear the same clothes. Sansa is significantly taller, which is also how we know she is older

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

when do we get to see Brans dick

Avatar/post combo is top notch here.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Brans dick is big enough to push him around in his chair

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

here lies rickon

he never scored

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Weird that the gods are generally on the side of the biggest strongest fighters, huh?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Phenotype posted:

Weird that the gods are generally on the side of the biggest strongest fighters, huh?

God's know how to pick em!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dude he's in character as Tormund in some commercial for a hotel chain rewards program. It's just who he is!

I remember watching some behind the scenes thing for the battle of castle black where the guy who played Thorne was a little bit afraid fighting him for their scene, because he's a giant intense Viking and was super into it :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They don't wear the same clothes. Sansa is significantly taller, which is also how we know she is older

She sewed Jon a cloak, she can take up the hem on her domme gear for her little sis :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'll note that the cowardly Brits denied a man his god-given right to trial by combat back in 2002.

quote:

A court has rejected a 60-year-old man's attempt to invoke the ancient right to trial by combat, rather than pay a £25 fine for a minor motoring offence.

Leon Humphreys remained adamant yesterday that his right to fight a champion nominated by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) was still valid under European human rights legislation. He said it would have been a "reasonable" way to settle the matter.

Magistrates sitting at Bury St Edmunds on Friday had disagreed and instead of accepting his offer to take on a clerk from Swansea with "samurai swords, Ghurka knives or heavy hammers", fined him £200 with £100 costs.

Humphreys, an unemployed mechanic, was taken to court after refusing to pay the original £25 fixed penalty for failing to notify the DVLA that his Suzuki motorcycle was off the road.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

here lies rickon

he never scored

Rickon was tearing up Skagos snazz on the reg they just wouldn't show it due to cgi cost restraints

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Rickon was tearing up Skagos snazz on the reg they just wouldn't show it due to cgi cost restraints

It would have been weird since we knew him from when he was a little kid.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Phenotype posted:

Counterpoint: Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

If you think about it, it's kinda sad that Ser Vardys didn't even volunteer to fight Bronn, he just got voluntold to.

Anyways, the Tyrells getting erased instantly from the show is one of my biggest letdowns. The people adored Margaery, the Tyrell backstory is cool, they seemed like one of the better houses to live under, and Olenna, Mace, and Marg were great on-screen. Loras was good too when he got stuff to do. Really they all could have lasted longer and gotten more to do.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I still think a Renly/Margaery reign would've been best for everyone

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Are the GoT threads always like this? Because I was excited to experience the final season with my fellow goons but after all those pages of Arya chat I’m having some major second thoughts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you think about it, it's kinda sad that Ser Vardys didn't even volunteer to fight Bronn, he just got voluntold to.

I got the feeling Lysa didn't like him very much. She basically made him fight, and then Bronn definitely looks at her when he's won like, "I don't have to kill this dude. Just tell me I won and I'll stop", and she doesn't say poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Woulda but the Tyrells and the Reach represent old world chivalry which makes them the perfect target for getting hosed up by the scummy world of Westeros. They're basically a bunch of Neds except for Olenna who just got outplayed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

Are the GoT threads always like this? Because I was excited to experience the final season with my fellow goons but after all those pages of Arya chat I’m having some major second thoughts

We're talking about trials by combat now. Those pages didn't happen.

I hear Dunk & Egg has a 7-on-7 trial by combat, which would own.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Crow Jane posted:

I still think a Renly/Margaery reign would've been best for everyone

God she was just so DOWN with everything.

"Yeah you are clearly gay but I just need a baby so you can warm up with my brother's butt if you prefer"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why does everyone assume pod's got a huge dick? i always assumed he was insanely good at eating pussy.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

why does everyone assume pod's got a huge dick? i always assumed he was insanely good at eating pussy.

After last night, I'm pretty sure he just sang to them :allears:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bronn danced up to him and grabbed his dick and said "you're the one with the magic COCK"

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

As a man who can pick his nose with his tongue. But has a very average dick. You made my day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bronn danced up to him and grabbed his dick and said "you're the one with the magic COCK"

yeah but guys always assume if a guy's popular with women it's because of his dick.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a reason the term isn't "Big Tongue Energy"

EDIT: does anyone have that incredible 4chan rant handy where the guy lamented that women only sleep with 1% of the men who are interested in them, and so an "average" dick is actually a bottom 5% dick, and a 90th percentile dick is actually a median dick? And that women will rightfully assume that the average dick size is 10"+?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

We're talking about trials by combat now. Those pages didn't happen.

I hear Dunk & Egg has a 7-on-7 trial by combat, which would own.

I listened to the audiobooks, that definitely happens. I barely remember the circumstances but it does. And one of the famous, gallant Targaryens wins the day but gets a serious thwack to the helmet, and then after the fight, he's woozy. They take off the helmet and realize that his skull is shattered but everything important was intact and connected as long as his helmet was still on as a surrogate skull. That's the GRRM I'm looking for.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God she was just so DOWN with everything.

"Yeah you are clearly gay but I just need a baby so you can warm up with my brother's butt if you prefer"

She also plays Joffrey like a fiddle, which no one else manages at all. And between her and Olenna talking to Tywin you get the impression that Highgarden doesn't give a flying gently caress. Olenna's like "seriously, you never once buggered one of your squires?"

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

PostNouveau posted:

He's got the lead in Equus this summer

Stage play or movie?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He'll whip it out when he fights with the Night's King. They'll touch tips and Westeros will explode in a frothy shower.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrNutt posted:

Has baby Sam even been born in the books or is that from one of those WoW released chapters? God it's been so long since I've read the books that I keep mixing up book/show poo poo in my mind constantly.

Yes, but the books do much more in much less time. As of Dance Dany, for example, is still just a teenager. She's probably 16 or so? Arya is still very young there despite all she's been through/become. So the show gets us weird things like baby Sam being born in season 3, but not aging until basically this season while everyone else ages around him due to how production works. Everyone is so much older now, not just the kids. It would be weird if the show had only covered a few years like the books have.

it's funny b/c the show feels like it doesn't take travel time into account due to people teleporting around all the time, but if you think about it the show prob has way longer travel time than the books do.

think of how many years it took the others to reach the wall despite marching since like season one lmao

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Did people forget that Pod's skill with the ladies was basically a joke? Bron and Tyrion paid the hookers in advance, and then gave Pod some gold to pay them with, which they give back to him and tell him how great he was. Boosting his confidence.

The whole point was to reward Pod and make him feel awesome. He wasnt some sort of magic dicked virgin.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's really important to note that the book takes place like 7 or something years earlier than the show. The actual "year", the character's ages, etc., it's all shifted earlier for the books. They made Rickon like 4 in the books instead of 11 or whatever he was.

Best way to enjoy the show is to flush all book knowledge out of your brain.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Sedgr posted:

Did people forget that Pod's skill with the ladies was basically a joke? Bron and Tyrion paid the hookers in advance, and then gave Pod some gold to pay them with, which they give back to him and tell him how great he was. Boosting his confidence.

The whole point was to reward Pod and make him feel awesome. He wasnt some sort of magic dicked virgin.

no you shut the gently caress up dad!!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
House Dondarian seems pretty cool. Berrick's been in the poo poo since like episode five even though the guy who gave him his orders and the king he represented are long dead. He’s like one of those holdout Japanese soldiers who refused to surrender for decades.

I mean, not great at the letter of his mission of bringing the Mountain to justice, but great at the spirit.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Anyone know who this is?

Jon's new side squeeze. Seriously, all that has to happen is Jon marries Danerys for appearances, then she can sit and rule on the Iron Throne and he can chill in Winterfell with all the pale northern redheads his heart desires.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's really important to note that the book takes place like 7 or something years earlier than the show. The actual "year", the character's ages, etc., it's all shifted earlier for the books. They made Rickon like 4 in the books instead of 11 or whatever he was.

Isn't book Rickon stuck on Cannibal Island or some weird poo poo?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

christmas boots posted:

This is exactly how a Game of Thrones thread with goons should go.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

True, but still less time passes. Dany is thirteen in book one and about sixteen in book five. So yeah Arya is nine in A Game of Thrones, but she's still only eleven where GRRM left off in Dance.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

christmas boots posted:

Isn't book Rickon stuck on Cannibal Island or some weird poo poo?

Whoopsy, sorry, I did NOT mean to say "here's a difference from the book!!". What I meant was, "the characters are older in the show because they started out older, not just because more time has passed"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I know they name dropped Harry Strickland from the Golden Company, but I hope we actually get to see the dude. I liked some of the GC details from the books, like the fact that a lot of them fought for the Blackfyres (who I don't think have ever been mentioned in the show), and they roll around with their founder's skull dipped in gold. We're already getting denied elephants, don't deny me my golden skull, HBO!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

More time has objectively passed, though. If the show covered the same amount of time as the books, Arya would be like sixteen. Still older than her book counterpart, but younger than how old she actually is in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nooneofconsequence posted:

This is exactly how a Game of Thrones thread with goons should go.

Don't be silly

It's usually much worse