Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think it means your recipient doesn't get taxed on the gift.

Recipients aren’t taxed on gifts of any size. They don’t even have to report it. Above $15K per recipient per giver (two parents means $30K/year, it even has a spot on the form for splitting gift assignment) per year, it starts to use up the $11M lifetime exemption per giver (for US citizens).

If you’re a US citizen legitimately worried about gift tax, you aren’t worried about paying for your kids’ tuition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
LOL if you don’t have an Enrique to gift your tax for you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ok

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Thanatosian posted:

What do you want to bet the reason they thought they were supposed to file as "royalties" was because their parents told them to?

Haha what? How does a tax preparer gently caress up this badly? I get a small amount of royalties from Amazon and even goddamn TurboTax always does them as schedule C self employment.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Krispy Wafer posted:

529 plans are cool and good.
Running the numbers, it has always seemed to me to be better to have your kids take out student loans and then gift them money on the back-end. You can put the money wherever and it's not going to do worse than the 529. Where am I missing something on this?

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
529 plans are great if you’ve already decided you’re going to pay for at least part of your kids college tuition. It’s strictly better for this purpose than saving in a taxable account if you go with a plan that has access to the same funds you’d be investing in, since it’s essentially a Roth IRA except it can only be used for one purpose. If you go with a good plan (New York, Nevada, Utah), you’re going to get access to Vanguard institutional funds with super low ERs, so saying they underperform the market makes no sense. Yes, there’s an additional administrative ER tacked on, but with the aforementioned plans, it’s somewhere between 0-0.2 depending on if you’re a resident of the state the plan is administered by. That’s still better than a taxable account where you’d be dealing with tax drag on growth and capital gains on the back end.

The main problem is that if junior decides he’s not going to college, then you get hit with ordinary income tax + 10% on the gains if you try to withdraw for anything else. If the kid gets scholarships, then you can withdraw an equivalent amount penalty free, but still get stuck with ordinary rates on the gains. But, it’s trivial to change the beneficiary of the plan to another family member, so you could use extra funds to take classes for yourself, or pay for private school or college for your grandkids or whatever, so there are options. But definitely agree that retirement savings should be prioritized first, since you don’t really want to be withdrawing from a 529 for other purposes, and not making your kids support you in old age is a way better gift than avoiding student debt.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It stared off as run-of-the-mill BWM, but the whole 'oh yeah I also owe an order of magnutude more on this foreclosure I walked away from' made me :stonk: irl.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanceCanada/comments/bfejon/cra_full_financial_disclosure_need_help_please/ posted:

Hello there, need help regarding CRA back tax owed, I moved to the US back in 2010 to finish my university degree. Back then, I created a Life Long Learning account under the family surname as recommended by my banker so I and my children can use the money for education. CRA disagreed and asked me to pay the money back since I ceased to become a resident of Canada or pay the tax since CRA will consider it as income. The saga went on while I was in the US and CRA kept on sending letters and calling. Now, I am back in Canada and filed my tax for 2018. I received a phone call from CRA collection agent and she told me that my file was transferred to her and I need to pay the balance of $14500 (original amount of $9000 + interest). She also told me that my tax return of the $1500 was taken back by CRA that is why the balance is less from original $16000. I asked for options to pay and she said that I need to pay it back over 6 months, I told her that is almost $2500 a month and I might not have that much cash. She said any less, I have to file Full Financial Disclosure showing all my assets, bank accounts for the last 6 months and my income and expenses. She said I have till end of April to send it back to her. I asked all my bank accounts including US she said "yes". I am worried now since I found out when looking in my CRA online account that there is also MIF Deficiency Judgments (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation) for $145600. I believe this happened back in 2010 when CIBC foreclosed on my BC house and got a court order to sell my house and asked CMHC for the balance. Foolish enough at the time, I thought CMHC will cover that since it is mortgage insurance. Noting that through out the years we received a letter for me and my wife to contact CMHC back in 2016 or 2017, never a claim. Here is my questions and thanks a lot if you read that far:

- Does CRA have a valid reason to collect 2010 back tax? is there is a statue of limitations? Can I trust CRA with a full financial disclosure, not sure what might happen next? Is it better just pay it over 6 months and refuse to submit full financial disclosure?

- Can CRA tax collections send my full financial disclosure to CMHC collection agency? Is there a statue of limitations for BC MIF Deficiency judgments? I read somewhere 6 years.

- What is my options, get a lawyer and call CMHC? that might turn the clock back if there is a statue of limitations.

- Do I declare bankruptcy? after all the CMHC debt is not secured since my BC house was sold already.

Thanks a lot for all the help and God bless.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Guest2553 posted:

It stared off as run-of-the-mill BWM, but the whole 'oh yeah I also owe an order of magnutude more on this foreclosure I walked away from' made me :stonk: irl.

That dude needs a lawyer tout de suite.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Lol the dude thought he could just walk away from an underwater property like he was in the US or something.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
US: Look how BWM we are.

Canada: Hold my beer.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Guest2553 posted:

This is the face of the Vancouver housing crisis.

Look at me I'm just getting foreclosed on my house and pulling tax shenanigans so I can live the lifestyle I deserve. What do you mean there should be consequences?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

I'm fairly sure that in Canada, like in the US, you can walk away from a foreclosure if you declare bankruptcy. (And probably never get a loan again.)

The :stonk: here is how the gently caress did he walk away from a loan for nearly nine years without declaring bankruptcy and think everything would just be fine.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
Something about that story reminds me of the old, possibly apocryphal tale of the drunk driver who raced the cops to his house and was upset when they arrested him at home because he made it in to the garage and closed the door.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Well I mean, the door was closed

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Ixian posted:

Something about that story reminds me of the old, possibly apocryphal tale of the drunk driver who raced the cops to his house and was upset when they arrested him at home because he made it in to the garage and closed the door.

Well it works in Grand Theft Auto

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm fairly sure that in Canada, like in the US, you can walk away from a foreclosure if you declare bankruptcy. (And probably never get a loan again.)

In Alberta you can jingle-mail too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Subjunctive posted:

In Alberta you can jingle-mail too.

And in Nova Scotia you can steal gas to make some extra money.

Might make you sick though.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Chu020 posted:

529 plans are great if you’ve already decided you’re going to pay for at least part of your kids college tuition. It’s strictly better for this purpose than saving in a taxable account if you go with a plan that has access to the same funds you’d be investing in, since it’s essentially a Roth IRA except it can only be used for one purpose. If you go with a good plan (New York, Nevada, Utah), you’re going to get access to Vanguard institutional funds with super low ERs, so saying they underperform the market makes no sense. Yes, there’s an additional administrative ER tacked on, but with the aforementioned plans, it’s somewhere between 0-0.2 depending on if you’re a resident of the state the plan is administered by. That’s still better than a taxable account where you’d be dealing with tax drag on growth and capital gains on the back end.

The main problem is that if junior decides he’s not going to college, then you get hit with ordinary income tax + 10% on the gains if you try to withdraw for anything else. If the kid gets scholarships, then you can withdraw an equivalent amount penalty free, but still get stuck with ordinary rates on the gains. But, it’s trivial to change the beneficiary of the plan to another family member, so you could use extra funds to take classes for yourself, or pay for private school or college for your grandkids or whatever, so there are options. But definitely agree that retirement savings should be prioritized first, since you don’t really want to be withdrawing from a 529 for other purposes, and not making your kids support you in old age is a way better gift than avoiding student debt.
Also, contributions are deductible against state income in some states (Illinois!).

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

gvibes posted:

Also, contributions are deductible against state income in some states (Illinois!).

Keeping in mind that if you take non-qualified distributions, the state's going to claw back the tax deductions you took on the contributions. So you're going to have a pretty hefty tax bill to pay if your kids don't go to college.

Further evidence to support the "fund your retirement first" point of view. 529s are NOT a good place to stash money unless it actually is going to be used for education. After all the taxes and penalties, you MIGHT keep pace with inflation if you're lucky...

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
529 plans have a real limited purpose. I don't doubt people are abusing them, but doing so adds a bunch of risk for little gain.

And going back to what I said about their underperforming the market, unlike index funds you generally don't janitor your 529 plan. You usually pick the age defined risk bracket and forget about it. And if your kid is 16 years old during one of the biggest bull markets in decades you lose out because everything is now in low risk bonds expecting to be withdrawn in 2 years.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My [24M] girlfriend [23F] wants to move in together, but she is terrible with money and this has me worried about my own finances. Relationships
submitted 5 hours ago by returnofthemacintosh

quote:

I've been with my girlfriend for about a year and a half. I live in London a shared house with housemates, she currently lives in a commuter town in Essex (near London) with her parents and commutes in every day. She's getting a promotion soon which will bump her pay up to £32k a year which is similar to the same salary that I am currently on (£35k), so she's floated the idea of us moving in together as she thinks we will be able to afford it.

The problem is that she is awful with money. She is currently on £28k a year, and goes into overdraft every month (which her parents currently pay off). This is despite her paying no rent or bills. Basically all of her income goes on restaurants, alcohol, clothes, holidays with her friends and her car payments. She has very little in the way of savings. However she seems adamant that with her pay rise and getting rid of her car (which she spends about £3000 a year on), she will be able to afford to move out. This, combined with her pay rise, is about £6k after tax.

I've been doing the sums, and extra £6k a year isn't going to cover half of the rent on a 1 bedroom apartment in London, and her share of bills and groceries, especially in the areas that she wants to live in. I did the sums, and with her paying £200 a month in rent and me paying the other £1200 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment in her preferred areas, we could just about afford it, but I really don't want to be living paycheck to paycheck (I currently save about £400 a month), nor do I want to pay most of the rent just to subsidies her lifestyle. I'm also worried that with the increase in salary, she will spend more money on going out/shopping/restaurants etc, so we'll be spending more than we earn.

How can I convince her that unless she cuts down on her spending, we can't afford to live together?

TL;DR: Girlfriend is bad with money and wants to move in with me in our own place, I'm trying to convince her that she can't afford it and I don't want to be subsidising her lifestyle.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
529s also count for private K-12 now too right?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Motronic posted:

My [24M] girlfriend [23F] wants to move in together, but she is terrible with money and this has me worried about my own finances. Relationships

I would love to see how she spends that much money with no rent or bills. That's insane.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Buying expensive clothes and accessories plus eating out all the time is my bet. Spending to maintain a lifestyle way above your actual income is a bitch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SpartanIvy posted:

I would love to see how she spends that much money with no rent or bills. That's insane.

Literally any good or service or experience that you indulge in has a luxury version that costs 10 to 100 times as much

There are $1,500 white t shirts and $100,000 a night hotels

EDIT: obviously you know that, but my point is, "probably just boring normal stuff like we all buy"

and drugs

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 22, 2019

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug

Krispy Wafer posted:

They will pay tax on any earnings. But again, there's no tax advantage for the giver

In NY, 529 contributions are state and local tax exempt and qualifying withdrawals are not taxed at all.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

Chin Strap posted:

529s also count for private K-12 now too right?

Yes, but that's really only useful in states that have tax deductions for 529 contributions. You'd basically be funneling tuition money through the 529 in order to get tax benefits, as well as SOME tax-free gains.

Otherwise, unless it's heavily front-loaded or you start years before your kid's born, you'll never get enough gains from a 529 to make a significant impact on 13 years of private school. Maybe a few months worth of tax-free gains each year before you have to pull it out and pay a tuition bill.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Literally any good or service or experience that you indulge in has a luxury version that costs 10 to 100 times as much

There are $1,500 white t shirts and $100,000 a night hotels

EDIT: obviously you know that, but my point is, "probably just boring normal stuff like we all buy"

and drugs

Yeah this. Also in London there is a class of yuppie who make a point of doing poo poo like buying the £10000 bottle of wine when they're out drinking just so they can boast about having the most expensive line item on the bill.

It's not hard to blow through money when you're making an average salary but trying to keep up with even the tamer end of that.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Krispy Wafer posted:

529 plans have a real limited purpose. I don't doubt people are abusing them, but doing so adds a bunch of risk for little gain.

And going back to what I said about their underperforming the market, unlike index funds you generally don't janitor your 529 plan. You usually pick the age defined risk bracket and forget about it. And if your kid is 16 years old during one of the biggest bull markets in decades you lose out because everything is now in low risk bonds expecting to be withdrawn in 2 years.

I can only speak for Illinois, but there is an array of about 50+ different funds available, from typical age based stuff to regular old Vanguard S&P500 that you can choose from. The ER's are basically the same as the underlying funds too.

Even disregarding all the tax benefits, it's nice to have a kind of separate bucket of savings that you can't really touch.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Yeah 529s are pretty sweet. I think you can front load ten years as well or something?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Barry posted:

I can only speak for Illinois, but there is an array of about 50+ different funds available, from typical age based stuff to regular old Vanguard S&P500 that you can choose from. The ER's are basically the same as the underlying funds too.

Even disregarding all the tax benefits, it's nice to have a kind of separate bucket of savings that you can't really touch.

I just checked and I have six options. So yeah, states can vary a lot.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

DaveSauce posted:

Yes, but that's really only useful in states that have tax deductions for 529 contributions. You'd basically be funneling tuition money through the 529 in order to get tax benefits, as well as SOME tax-free gains.

Otherwise, unless it's heavily front-loaded or you start years before your kid's born, you'll never get enough gains from a 529 to make a significant impact on 13 years of private school. Maybe a few months worth of tax-free gains each year before you have to pull it out and pay a tuition bill.

If you have surmised that almost all of the tax benefits of 529 plans accrue to already-rich people looking for places to put leftover money and transfer wealth to children and grandchildren tax-free, and not to average people who can only pay as they go for schooling, then you would be 100% correct

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Motronic posted:

The real answer to that is to take whatever date your lease renewal will fall on that's at least six months out, and tell her that if she can manage to stash away £900 a month in that time, you will totally move in together.

And if that upsets her, you're just having a long-overdue conversation about finances that needs to be had before you move in together, or even begin to think about getting married.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah 529s are pretty sweet. I think you can front load ten years as well or something?

There are no annual contribution limits to 529s. Most plans have a lifetime max per beneficiary they'll accept, and you can put that all in at once if you have the scratch.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My BF (32 M) refuses to take a vacation with me GF (28 F) because I can invest the money on him.. Hence my questions, what's fair in a relationship? We have been dating for 5 close to 6 years. [new]
submitted 2 hours ago by sexylassy
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/bg79z5/my_bf_32_m_refuses_to_take_a_vacation_with_me_gf/

quote:

Hi! I’ve been in a relationship for five (close to six years.) I am madly in love with the person I am dating. But I am having trouble with what’s fair in a relationship and where I should draw the line..

Backstory: I am 28, female, and currently working and make decent money for my age. I was able to buy my first home at the age of 28, I don’t own a car, no student loans (I was blessed with a full-ride scholarship), and was able to travel in my early 20’s..

My bf, male, 30, is currently unemployed, and has a massive student loan debt.. close to 150k, and going through some personal health scare right now..

I am currently giving him some money so he can keep afloat with bills. I also buy food, and his car insurance.

Recently, I want to take a vacation (and I invited bf) with me.. I said I am willing to pay for the vacation.. however, he says we can use that money for him.

So, what’s fair in this picture? I feel guilty for wanting to take a vacation because someone I care for is struggling and the other hand, I work hard to buy myself things..

I am having trouble finding the line of fairness in a relationship because my parents didn’t set the greatest example for me.. I know there are sacrifices made during a relationship, but what’s the boundaries?

Would it be unreasonable if I go on vacation on my own?

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask questions..

tl;dr: Bf doesn’t want me to go on vacation because money can be used on him. His reason: when someone is struggling financially, people don’t go on vacations.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Motronic posted:

I don't get why he would start with the assumption that she pays 200 and he pays 1200... if they make about equal money why not assume she contributes half? Sounds like they'd be able to make it work assuming she was ok with paying half.. and if not well the problem solves itself. If he were making substantially more I could see an uneven split, but here it just doesn't make sense.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Motronic posted:

My BF (32 M) refuses to take a vacation with me GF (28 F) because I can invest the money on him.. Hence my questions, what's fair in a relationship? We have been dating for 5 close to 6 years. [new]
submitted 2 hours ago by sexylassy
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/bg79z5/my_bf_32_m_refuses_to_take_a_vacation_with_me_gf/

Yikes, this one's a train wreck. I wish I could see where their lives were at when they met (at 22 and 26 years old) and what life events have happened (while dating!) that put them in their wildly different positions today.

Raldikuk posted:

I don't get why he would start with the assumption that she pays 200 and he pays 1200... if they make about equal money why not assume she contributes half? Sounds like they'd be able to make it work assuming she was ok with paying half.. and if not well the problem solves itself. If he were making substantially more I could see an uneven split, but here it just doesn't make sense.

Some weirdo couples split their expenses based on their 'monthly income after discretionary spending' rather than their actual income. {gently caress you don't give me a 6er for saying this but} I know a couple who make the same amount but split their apartment 70/30 because she goes to a $800/month gym and can't afford to pay much rent.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raldikuk posted:

In that particular situation, I would be completely unwilling to take her word for being able to cover half, which is probably why he was thinking of the 1200/200 split. That sets a real bad precedent going forward, though it avoids the immediate confrontation of the "I don't think you can afford this" discussion. Having that discussion now, however, is going to save the both of them a lot of headaches (both financial and relationship) going forward.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

My Filipino husband and will not stop sending his parents money [new]
submitted 6 hours ago by TryingtosaveF

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/bg4t75/my_filipino_husband_and_will_not_stop_sending_his/

quote:

Hi all. Long time lurker but first time posting so I’m sorry if this is a little all over the place.

My husband and I have been married now for 3 years and for the most part we are both extremely happy in our marriage. The years we have lived together have honestly been some of the best years of my life. We really do not have any ongoing arguments about anything apart from the issue of him constantly sending money to his begging parents. This ongoing issue that sometimes makes me doubt the longevity of our marriage and I am in serious need of some advice.

Now before I sound like the bad guy here let me just preface a few things. For starters we all live in the UK. His parents own an averagely nice house and my husband and I are currently renting an apartment. His parents both work and get an average income and are by no ones definition struggling or poor. Despite this they somehow always expect my husband to give them HALF of his monthly income and on top of this they will sometimes call to ask for additional money. The money given to them is not used on things they need. Instead it is used to buy new clothes or to treat themselves to an expensive meal or to send the money back to the Philippines to random family members etc. My husband and I are still relatively young (under 30) and we are in no ways rich. Due to my husband having to give his parents half of his pay check, we are barely left with any money at the end of the month to spend on ourselves. I also find it humorous to see that despite my husband having 4 other siblings, the parents rarely ever ask them for money. Even on the off rare chance they do the amount is no where near equal to as much as they ask my husband to pay.

Living like this has caused me so much financial stress recently. My vision of our future at times is impacted negatively as I want both myself and my husband to excel in our careers so we can make a better living for ourselves. Although I truly believe that even if we were to become more successful and receive a higher salary, then this will only give his parents more of an excuse to ask for more money. I want to have kids with this man someday but how can we plan for something so big if so much of his income is going towards paying for his parents unnecessary lifestyle. I am all for helping family when they are in need of it, but I just cannot wrap my head around why his parents feel like they are entitled to their son’s money. I have tried a few times to mention this to my husband but he just tells me how much his parents have done for him by raising him (yes they put a roof over his head, fed him and took him to school - but is that not what every parent should be doing?). Is there any other way I could maybe go about this conversation with my husband without him thinking I’m attacking his family or belittling the Filipino culture?

tldr: husband will send his parents half of his monthly pay check every month to pay for their unnecessary lifestyle. He feels as if he owes them money as they are his parents who have raised him. How can I have a conversation with him to tell him this isn’t right without belittling the Filipino culture?

quote:

[–]travelbug898

[score hidden] 6 hours ago
Did you not discuss any of this before getting married together? It's clear IMO that your husband will not be able to prioritize your marriage and family together over his parents. Do with that information what you will. If you guys can't afford to give them money, then you shouldn't be giving them money.

quote:

[–]TryingtosaveF

[S] [score hidden] 6 hours ago
We did. He has always given money to his parents and siblings whenever they asked while we were dating. We spoke about it multiple times and he said he will try to stop when we get married...although it doesn’t seem to be slowing down sadly

He physically can't. :zaurg:

e: turns out the best BWM isn't in /r/personalfinance, it's in /r/relationships

Motronic fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Motronic posted:

My Filipino husband and will not stop sending his parents money [new]
submitted 6 hours ago by TryingtosaveF

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/bg4t75/my_filipino_husband_and_will_not_stop_sending_his/

He physically can't. :zaurg:

e: turns out the best BWM isn't in /r/personalfinance, it's in /r/relationships

Well on the plus side, she'll shortly be the happy recipient of almost half of his money!