Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

I disagree and think this is kind of a facile read of it but I do not have the energy to explicate my precise thoughts on the matter.

Read this when you have more energy:
Things that happen in Meat directly tie into things that happen in Candy, and vice versa. There was never a real choice to be made, because both of them had to happen for either of them to exist. They're the same story. The one main difference is that we know who the narrators are in the Meat section and what their motives are, while the identity and motives of the narrator in Candy chapters remains a mystery (well, a mystery beyond the obvious goal of "gaslight John enough that he can't trust his own instincts and use his canon changing powers to gently caress up my plans")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Things that happen in Meat directly tie into things that happen in Candy, and vice versa. There was never a real choice to be made, because both of them had to happen for either of them to exist. They're the same story.

No, I get that. What I disagree with is the assertion that this means neither one provides any sense of closure.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

paranoid randroid posted:

aw gently caress, its aranea

Yes, yessssssss

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

paranoid randroid posted:

i was sort of kidding at first but now that i think about, this whole situation reeks of some aranea-style horsecrap, what with rose banging on about canon and how aranea was planning to "fix" the timeline

Yeah, I actually think you might be right since becoming a narrator was literally Aranea's master plan. Also, let's be honest, 88 chapters is a little too subtle and clever to be a Vriska thing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Also I am enjoying the epilogue more than the ending, but christ if the epilogue doesnt have some horrific lows

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ahahaha and now lovely ur-Vriska is also back.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

In seriousness as much as I love Aranea her role in the story is likely over. I'm more expecting Condy from Meat (You know, the competent one) to make a reappearance

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Though her plan was ALSO to find Calliope to defeat Lord English... I think. I remember her talking about that.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

By the way, this poo poo reads better on a phone. Read it on your phone, definitely

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'll read on my phone when i'm dead

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

(well, a mystery beyond the obvious goal of "gaslight John enough that he can't trust his own instincts and use his canon changing powers to gently caress up my plans")

Ah gently caress, that's a good point.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I wish to say, from the bottom of my fic-reading heart, that I did not need to know about canon Jadedogcock. And I say this as one who has occasionally read A/B/O.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

what the heck is a b o

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I wish to say, from the bottom of my fic-reading heart, that I did not need to know about canon Jadedogcock. And I say this as one who has occasionally read A/B/O.

I think you've misinterpreted that passage.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Clawtopsy posted:

In seriousness as much as I love Aranea her role in the story is likely over. I'm more expecting Condy from Meat (You know, the competent one) to make a reappearance

yeah I think a big part of this was narrowing down characters going forward in to whatever Viz wants to publish next- if they weren't in Meat, they're irrelevant and gone except for the exceptions which are Homestuckishly bound to occur tho

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh, I hope so. What's your reading?

Clawtopsy posted:

what the heck is a b o
If you really want to know -- and I've warned you -- Alphas, Betas, Omegas: A Primer is very funny.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bongo Bill posted:

no im pretty sure jade implied that not only did she have a dick due to merging with bec, but that she had talked to rose briefly about knocking her up so jade and dave could raise that kid. which is extremely weird stuff to be putting in official things even if it was just kind of implied rather than explicit. like i get that these characters are older now and therefore this sort of thing might come up but. uh

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, I hope so. What's your reading?

My interpretation was being part dog has rendered her reproductively incompatible with humans, and Dave made a passing joke about dog dicks using terminology she did not recognize.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

no im pretty sure jade implied that not only did she have a dick due to merging with bec, but that she had talked to rose briefly about knocking her up so jade and dave could raise that kid. which is extremely weird stuff to be putting in official things even if it was just kind of implied rather than explicit. like i get that these characters are older now and therefore this sort of thing might come up but. uh

She also made a knotting joke.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bongo Bill posted:

My interpretation was being part dog has rendered her reproductively incompatible with humans, and Dave made a passing joke about dog dicks using terminology she did not recognize.

You missed the part where neither Dave nor Karkat would be the father if Rose were to be a surrogate mother.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kazy posted:

You missed the part where neither Dave nor Karkat would be the father if Rose were to be a surrogate mother.

Can you think of any other reasons why those two would be disqualified?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bongo Bill posted:

Can you think of any other reasons why those two would be disqualified?

This was Jade relaying the information to John, iirc.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

still pales next to gamzees breast milk and foot fetish

I don't know which is worse

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Gamzee's breastmilk fetish is repeated a lot more often, and I die a little every time.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah all this stuff is weird and bad insane fanfic overshare territory, and exactly what candy is about

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Speaking of candy, have I pointed out here that the mint Calliope gives John exactly matches the juju in appearance and seems to have some of the same effects briefly?

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Bongo Bill posted:

the bottom of this page is where Jade and Jake talk about having kids. at one point in this conversation Terezi mentions that when Jade says 'tie the knot' it's a double entendre, although she changes the subject when John asks what exactly she means.

so it's pretty explicit in the text. it's also unnecessary and kind of grotesque, but I think that's thematically appropriate considering we're discussing the homestuck epilogues.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

Yes, yessssssss
I'm gonna be loving disappointed if that's all I get to see. (Kinda breezed through Meat, going through Candy in small chunks)

And sad about Jane. While I'm not surprised, her rising horror at the words coming out of her mouth during awkward exchange with Jake near the beginning of Act VI was a really humanizing moment and I miss it

Aranea saving everyone (again) would kick rear end, though

Spellman
May 31, 2011

There was a time when talking about Jade's throbbing dog cock would land you in the slammer. You always call jail the slammer when you are extra angry at crimes

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It kinda makes sense for Aranea, in a way. She's built up a tolerance to everyone hating her, after all.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Scrree posted:

the bottom of this page is where Jade and Jake talk about having kids. at one point in this conversation Terezi mentions that when Jade says 'tie the knot' it's a double entendre, although she changes the subject when John asks what exactly she means.

so it's pretty explicit in the text. it's also unnecessary and kind of grotesque, but I think that's thematically appropriate considering we're discussing the homestuck epilogues.

I read that more as an extremely generic "dog/furry sex joke" than anything, and the unstated implications as "merging with a god-dog has resulted in me being incapable of the physical act of reproduction for reasons", but on re-reading it's possible I'm reading that too naively and it is all literally about jade's dog dick. Well, gently caress.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I read that more as an extremely generic "dog/furry sex joke" than anything, and the unstated implications as "merging with a god-dog has resulted in me being incapable of the physical act of reproduction for reasons", but on re-reading it's possible I'm reading that too naively and it is all literally about jade's dog dick. Well, gently caress.

I thought the same thing don't worry this is all very worrying

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Let us all agree that the only revelation about Jade's physiology that matters is that she definitely, canonically, has a tail.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

how about adult john loving teenage terezi

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

Oh right she's not a God Tier is she

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
She spent time on Earth C before leaving, the author was careful to note, and is no longer a teenager.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

That's just how they do it in Washington

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Clawtopsy posted:

oh poo poo you're right, time was decelerated in the void

what the gently caress

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

Rand Brittain posted:

She spent time on Earth C before leaving, the author was careful to note, and is no longer a teenager.

This, but also I got the impression fervent authorial hope meat!john is effectively the same age as her, unlike the weird time-skipping candy C is doing relative to everyone else.

also worth noting is roxy was suprised at her presence but not her appearance/age, and dog dicks aside I don’t think anyone would be writing that level of creepy poo poo

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Unironically I do remember she took off years later, it's presented as such in the actual credits for HS. I think John has a bunch of lovely birthdays preceding it