Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hello sports fans. I try to ignore the draft every year until right about now, so I cracked open WALTER FOOTBALL to see him mocking Drew Lock to the Bengals at 11 and now I think I'm going to ignore it again for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if josh rosen is really being shopped for a third and the panthers draft will grier in the 2nd i'm going to end up on the local news friday night

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I have never hatred Eli more than after this conversation. Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl in hilarious fashion and Doltos being a giant baby has still made me hate Eli. Congrats to Doltos.

You're welcome, Eli's better than Rivers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hello sports fans. I try to ignore the draft every year until right about now, so I cracked open WALTER FOOTBALL to see him mocking Drew Lock to the Bengals at 11 and now I think I'm going to ignore it again for a while.

I don't know why I haven't cut Walter Football completely out of my Internet consumption habits. It's hideous and I can only even browse the drat thing on a desktop machine without it crashing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I like to imagine Walter Football is run by WWE NXT UK star WALTER

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Professor Funk posted:

I like to imagine Walter Football is run by WWE NXT UK star WALTER

I'd read it more if that was the case.

Walter Football makes no sense with its rankings and a bunch of times it has guys listed that didn't declare for the draft that year. It's a good repository for learning names and a little background info but that's about it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Walter football has a huge hateboner for the Raiders (I think he's a Chiefs fan irl) and his way too early mocks two years out will always have the Raiders as a top 5 pick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I tried to help you guys skip that stupid argument. But you didn't listen . . .

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Guys, if there is something we can all agree on it is that the NFC is terrible.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
NFC owns, Eli owns, play started the argument, I'm right :smirk:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MrLogan posted:

NFC owns. We can at least send more than 1 team to the SB every year and lose :smug:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz7x posted:

Walter football has a huge hateboner for the Raiders (I think he's a Chiefs fan irl) and his way too early mocks two years out will always have the Raiders as a top 5 pick

This seems like how the Raiders have been for a while, it could just be pattern recognition.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
People like doing mock drafts.

https://twitter.com/DraftNetworkLLC/status/1120763592872222721

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MrLogan posted:

I root for an AFC team and I still think the NFC is a cooler league.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
wow the titans are going to draft 3 hall of fame players this draft

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Metapod posted:

Congrats to the Titans

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals radio color guy says he think they will take Andre Dillard in the first, which is actually significant since he has had the pick leaked to him like every year in the Marvin era. Time will tell if it was actually Marvin doing if I guess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Bengals radio color guy says he think they will take Andre Dillard in the first, which is actually significant since he has had the pick leaked to him like every year in the Marvin era. Time will tell if it was actually Marvin doing if I guess.

Did he say he "thinks" they'll take Andre Dillard or that he's heard something that indicates they'll take Andre Dillard?

I mean, it's a solid pick for sure but I was kind of hoping that Haskins would fall to the Bengals. That would be sick

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He does a draft prediction every year a few days before the draft, with his 'guess' probably being what someone on staff told him. He has hit on every one for like most of a decade or something ridiculous and the only ones he has missed were picked the spot before.

I super don't think the Bengals are drafting Haskins but new coach who knows

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dalton needs a fire lit under him so that he'll get back to the dalton of old. that is, elite.

haskins is the only way. They'll sharpen each other up. Dalton is the sword and Haskins is the whetstone. Or vice versa. Maybe they're both swords and you just rub them together, whatever

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Andy

Andee

Andeelite

?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

Dalton needs a fire lit under him so that he'll get back to the dalton of old. that is, elite.

haskins is the only way. They'll sharpen each other up. Dalton is the sword and Haskins is the whetstone. Or vice versa. Maybe they're both swords and you just rub them together, whatever

It's getting horny in here and the draft is still two days away

Anyway Dillard is probably going to be real good and this QB class looks not good so that'd be a good choice

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

It's getting horny in here and the draft is still two days away

if you're not edging you're not doing draft week right :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

It’s true!

Hell, I just did two of ‘em.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Let's talk about busts. Last year the consensus clear incoming bust was Josh Allen (QB). Who is it this year?

I think it's Rashan Gary. The total lack of college production is an enormous red flag to me, ESPECIALLY considering he's being projected high... on his athletic merits? If he couldn't dominate college competition on his athleticity what's the evidence he'll suddenly turn it on in the pros?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kat Terrell went Jonah Williams in the ESPN mock draft from about an hour ago. If this isn't a smoke-screen and Bengals writers are finally back in tune with the Bengals inner circle, it likely means Bengals are preparing for both White and Bush to be gone by 11.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Let's talk about busts. Last year the consensus clear incoming bust was Josh Allen (QB). Who is it this year?

I think it's Rashan Gary. The total lack of college production is an enormous red flag to me, ESPECIALLY considering he's being projected high... on his athletic merits? If he couldn't dominate college competition on his athleticity what's the evidence he'll suddenly turn it on in the pros?

Certainly seems that whoever takes DK Metcalf is getting a TFF gif stream in the GDT. Also Daniel Jones because lol Giants.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Hmmm.

Checks out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I know we are goofin off and having fun and all but in all seriousness Andy Dalton isn't like in the top 10 of things wrong with the Bengals and drafting a QB would be a pretty ominous decision about the competence of their new staff.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hopeing the Bengals can draft Hardy Nickerson the third here in a couple days

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If your QB is 31 and he’s in the tier of the 20-25th best QBs in the league you should maybe think about taking a shot at upgrading if the opportunity presents itself.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

How many times has a team drafted multiple HOFers in the same draft?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hizawk posted:

Chargers in 2001.

Good times.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hizawk posted:

17 times according to this. The last two being Ogden/Lewis and Sapp/Brooks.

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20180311/drafting-hall-of-fame-duos

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Oh, I guess 2001 Chargers don't count since Brees isn't in the hall yet

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hizawk posted:

If you consider Kam Chancellor a HoFer then Seattle in 2010 (with Thomas); also certainly possible they did it in 2012 with Wilson and Wagner.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitchell trubisky and tarik cohen

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
HOF wise though I believe the best is the 1974 Steelers class, which had four: Jack Lambert, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth and Mike Webster.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

So doing so leads to a super bowl win most times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gary's production was alright. Harbaugh moved him around a lot to collapse pockets on weaker o-line so Winovich and Bush could shoot in. He's got a beautiful tackling game that should make him valuable in the NFL.

I think right now D.K. Metcalf is seen as the fake workout warrior by these forums but my top 3 bust potentials are Haskins, Murray, and Cody Ford. Even then they're ok to good prospects. Not a lot of standout blatant busts this draft.