Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mierenneuker posted:

Don’t talk smack about the old models or Arthas will slap you across the face and knock you out.

I'm talking smack about the new models, too. Varian as a stumpy oatmeal man with yellow clay all over his armor really stands out compared to Anduin's reasonable proportions and actual gold filigree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Someone post his kit tia

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bogart posted:

Someone post his kit tia

quote:

Leap of Faith (D)
Faith instantly pulls an allied Hero to Anduin's location, granting them Unstoppable while they travel
Cooldown: 80 seconds

Flash Heal (Q)
Cast for 0.75 seconds to heal an allied Hero for 260
Cost: 30 mana
Cooldown: 4 seconds

Divine Star (W)
Send light that deals 140 damage to enemies and then returns to Anduin, healing allied Heroes for 130 in a wider path. Healing increases by 25% per enemy Hero hit.
Cost: 45 mana
Cooldown: 9 seconds

Chastise (E)
Shove a swell of light forward, dealing 145 damage to the first enemy Hero hit and Rooting them for 1.25 seconds
Cost: 40 mana
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Holy Word: Salvation (R1)
After 0.5 seconds, Channel to invoke the Light for 3 seconds. While nearby, allied Heroes heal for up to 25% of their max Health and are Protected.
Cost: 70 mana
Cooldown: 80 seconds

Lightbomb (R2)
Imbue an allied Hero with the Light. After 1.5 seconds, it explodes, dealing 150 damage to enemies and Stunning them for 1.25 seconds. The target gains a Shield that absorbs 140 damage per enemy Hero hit. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Cost: 70 mana
Cooldown: 60 seconds

He's a pretty solid healer overall and his Trait is loving insane. I like him a lot. He doesn't come with the heavy micromanagement requirements that some healers do.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Moola posted:

this game was much better like 3 years ago

ftfy, kill all overwatch heroes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are they really not doing a spotlight video

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

kevin won't be seeing us in the nexus anymore

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Macaluso posted:

There's probably like 8 people working on this game at this point.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I'm assuming it'll drop when the hero is released live to drum up more interest, rather than the PTR-release this week.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Those abilities look insane at least on paper.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Kith posted:

I'm talking smack about the new models, too. Varian as a stumpy oatmeal man with yellow clay all over his armor really stands out compared to Anduin's reasonable proportions and actual gold filigree.

Empty quote

The model updates have mostly sucked and been :effort: as hell

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I assume there is a range on his trait?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It's fun with friends

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Strangers are just friends I yell at for being trash.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So this game is still fun as hell. Is it true Blizzard stopped supporting it despite being one of the only good Mobas? Because that is dumb as gently caress

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

No, they just cut dumping a ton of money and effort into a professional competitive scene and scaled back the development team. Game is not ultra-healthy and making GBS threads revenue like League or Dota, but it certainly isn't dying or dead.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
It's not dead, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it isn't dying, it is dying.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

We are all dying.

*rides off into the sunset*

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

It's fine, growth will start happening any moment now.
not fine

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Im_Special posted:

It's fine, growth will start happening any moment now.
not fine

What if this just proves that Twitch is dying?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Also a lot of those events corresponded to the "watch twitch get loot" type events. Which is the only time I ever watched hots on twitch.

I mean "watched" since I'd just leave it running.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I, too, only enjoy games based on how many people I've never met watch them because if nothing else I am desperate for peer validation.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

biznatchio posted:

I, too, only enjoy games based on how many people I've never met watch them because if nothing else I am desperate for peer validation.

weird flex but okay

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Oh man. I can’t handle this different spotlight announcer.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nash posted:

Oh man. I can’t handle this different spotlight announcer.

It is fan made.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
and we'll see you

in the nexus

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's great that fans are picking up the work a 9,000 employee company can't get to.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

biznatchio posted:

The graph wasn't posted to discuss how fun the game was. But in your own way you basically proved that your own personal enjoyment of the game is actually based on what other people say about the game apparently. So there is that.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
When is Anduin being released? I've wanted him in the game since the goddamn beginning I'm so excited.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kraps posted:

When is Anduin being released? I've wanted him in the game since the goddamn beginning I'm so excited.

Can I ask why? Is it just being excited for a priest character, or are you excited for Anduin himself for some reason

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Can I ask why? Is it just being excited for a priest character, or are you excited for Anduin himself for some reason

All of the above really: I played priest a lot in WoW, Disc in Cata was a blast; healing in HOTS is great (except for Tyrande, wtf is up with that); and Anduin is the probably my favorite overall character in Warcraft, even back when he was a boy standing dumbly in Stormwind Castle.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Lol wut?

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

I like Anduin as a character and would like to play him in HOTS, hope this helps.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean when you say that Anduin has always been your favorite character, what reaction did you expect? It's pretty surprising.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know what Anduin does in WoW because one bad blizzard game in my library is more than enough but I do hope we'll get some sick twinblade Varian vs twinblade Anduin action

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Twin blades of plot armor am I right fellas

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
So Anduin seems to be living up to the norm of being ridiculously good at launch.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

No Wave posted:

I mean when you say that Anduin has always been your favorite character, what reaction did you expect? It's pretty surprising.

That's fair. I was never super into the lore most of the time but I read some of the Cata/Warlord era books and liked them.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Genji needs healing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgEPC3Vb2eM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Kaal posted:

So Anduin seems to be living up to the norm of being ridiculously good at launch.

Well he kinda needs that since he's so loving boring.