Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/1120673730231816192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Davros1 posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

https://twitter.com/GodzillaMovie/status/1120673730231816192

:bisonyes:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm so hyped for this. In a lot of ways more excited than for Endgame.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

VanSandman posted:

I'm so hyped for this. In a lot of ways more excited than for Endgame.

Endgame isn't even a blip on my radar screen, speaking personally. Mostly because it's saturated with giant awesome kaiju!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn, that sound when Big G is powering up .... can't wait to hear that in IMAX

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

My soul has transcended.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So it does look like the mother character releases Ghidorah out of the ice then.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat Ghidorah heads striking like a goddamn cobra.
Whoever does these trailers must have been watching the end of Doctor Strangelove on repeat. Ironic melancholic music all the way.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 23, 2019

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

King Ghidorah is going to steal the drat show. That volcano roar is terrifying and I love how he squints at Brown. You can almost hear him saying, "What are you up to?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Godzilla banging his fist on the building. He's pissed!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Davros1 posted:

Godzilla banging his fist on the building. He's pissed!

It's the only way a noble taciturn hero can express their frustration.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Or he's demanding someone get him photos of that blasted Spider-Man!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

So it does look like the mother character releases Ghidorah out of the ice then.

That's what I thought, but I'm half wondering if that's a misguided attempt to kill Ghidorah. Probably not, but I think I'm just trying to work around it until we can actually find out what's going on.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So if Ghidorah is the alpha over Mothra and Rodan and Godzilla kills him maybe we can see Mothra/Rodan team up with him in Godzilla vs Kong?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Davros1 posted:

Or he's demanding someone get him photos of that blasted Spider-Man!

I'm seeing Godzilla with a brillo cut, chewing a stogie in his mouth and adjusting his already loosened tie. Yeah, that works.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The imagery of the Satan-Ghidorah with the big cross in the foreground is extremely my poo poo. I feel it invokes a Blake painting or something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Obligatory:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Shameful that a lifetime newspaper man like Jameson has a "you're/your" problem.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Splint Chesthair posted:

Shameful that a lifetime newspaper man like Jameson has a "you're/your" problem.

It's a speech impediment, don't judge him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Splint Chesthair posted:

The man employs editors; he doesn't have to learn!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hype only leads to disappointment.

...I'm still hyped.

So many shots look like Noriyoshi Ohrai paintings (less color though).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

So if Ghidorah is the alpha over Mothra and Rodan and Godzilla kills him maybe we can see Mothra/Rodan team up with him in Godzilla vs Kong?

I don't think Mothra takes Ghidorah's side at all.

I'm pretty sure it works out- Rodan is just swinging at everyone, Mothra is on Godzilla's side, and Ghidorah has his whole thing going

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Davros1 posted:

Obligatory:

BTW, if you wanna know what happens next..

Here, have some bad breath!

If you wanted to make an edit, you could always make the blast orange red and then put a charred skeleton chomping a cigar yelling "I SAID-- GET PARKER IN HERE" in the next frame I guess

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 23, 2019

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

This isnt a spoiler leak because it is public info but Mothra's wing eyes resemble Godzilla's eyes, suggesting an ancient alliance between the two in the monsterverse.

Either Dougherty said it or one of the monster designers. Can't remember

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Serizawa said "Seventeen" titans.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Just twigged that the scene from the extended trailer (tagging because why not) of Ghidorah and Godzilla facing off with a the heroes between them in a helicopter, is right out of Gamera vs. Legion. If you're going to steal, do it from the best!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really hope this lives up to the hype because I very rarely get excited for movies and the marketing campaigns usually annoy me. They've been hitting it out of the park with Kotm though and I wonder what is different from this films marketing compared to Star Wars or Marvel

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You care more about the property I suspect.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Davros1 posted:

And counting. :getin:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CelticPredator posted:

You care more about the property I suspect.

Do I really, though? I'll fully admit that my first Godzilla movie beyond the Emmerich mess was G14. Even if I wasn't interested in big monsters smashing things there is something about the footage they've shown that has impressed me. I think it's the confidence on display. They've got a vision for this movie and they are going all out with it, which I don't get from Star Wars or Marvel. It's strange because I was a hardcore Star Wars fan for most of my life but the marketing for the new movies leaves me cold because to me it's saying "we know you're gonna see this anyways, so why bother putting an effort into enticing you?"

I mean, this film is taking visual cues from old Kaiju flicks and sneaking them in everywhere but it's not really the same as Star Wars shoving a gonk droid on the screen and everyone claps because they know what that is. It might be because I'm less familiar with the wider genre of Kaiju films beyond Godzilla that this looks so appealing to me. The imagery is not so ingrained in my psyche like Star Wars is so I don't groan and roll my eyes when I see a clear homage to a scene in an older film.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 23, 2019

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a really cool thing.

https://twitter.com/_BatVigilante/status/1120713003756703744

This right here?

This is straight up a recreation of how Godzilla would use his beam against Ghidorah in the original movies, just with better effects.

This is how you can tell they give a drat.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Davros1 posted:

I'm wondering if this is how Legendary will keep the universe running after Kong v Godzilla and the Godzilla license running out. Big G will be gone but there will be a bunch of other Titans to make movies about.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

1stGear posted:

I'm wondering if this is how Legendary will keep the universe running after Kong v Godzilla and the Godzilla license running out. Big G will be gone but there will be a bunch of other Titans to make movies about.

Legendary have said they are done after Kong v Godzilla. They plotted out the story to have a beginning, middle and an end.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PriorMarcus posted:

Legendary have said they are done after Kong v Godzilla. They plotted out the story to have a beginning, middle and an end.

All the interviews and set visit recaps that came out over the last few weeks have quoted producers as saying they hope to continue their agreement with Toho beyond its 2021 expiration, and Toho has invested a fair amount of cash into Legendary over the past few years.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

[Jeff Goldblumishly]: P-pr-profit finds a way.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Russian movie poster

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Russian movie poster

Yes

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm most hyped for the Rodan vs Mothra sequences. The Godzilla franchise sorely lacks good aerial kaiju combat - I mean, the most effective has been what, Chainsaw Gigan vs Mothra in Final Wars? Not exactly a Gamera vs Iris there. There's only so much you can do with puppets and suits hanging on wires.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Apparently some of these code-named kaiju that have been mentioned in the movie might very well be Toho kaiju making cameos. Heard mention on another site that in an interview one of the team for this movie said that Mothra is outright referred to as Phoenix in the movie as her Monarch code name, before she's properly revealed as Mothra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator
Holyyyyyy poo poo that final trailer is amazing. For someone whose favorite childhood movie was Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, I've been keeping my excitement in check. Well, that's done with. This is everything I ever dreamed of and I need it NOW.