Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish they'd stop making these middling DTV movies and just pour the money into reviving JLU.

I wish that, instead of S3, Young Justice got an Unlimited brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Samuringa posted:

It kinda felt like that's what they were trying to do with the second season, but instead of doing various one shot episodes with an overarching plotline, they wanted to keep doing things S1 style with a ton of new characters crammed in. I'm glad they stepped back a bit and are mostly focusing on the Outsiders group.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The ms marvel episode was actually pretty fun

The deadpool episodes (yes more than one) are surprisingly not terrible in that dp is actually amusing and all the avengers just :ughh: and treat him like a problem child

site fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 9, 2019

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait

They actually dubbed Future Avengers???

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They did, and i finished it today, and I'm actually looking forward to s2

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

is it a good dub or one of those rushed dubs they put out for asian territories?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
mmm overall i thought it was pretty decent. there's the occasionally janky part, but just a line here or there

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Outsiders is... okay, I guess. I don't care so much about the new folks, but I like focus on Artemis.

I'd kill for Robin's Bat-Squad as more of a thing.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Nodosaur posted:

is it a good dub or one of those rushed dubs they put out for asian territories?

It looks pretty legit. Most of the actors are reprising roles from western Marvel shows. They've got Roger Craig Smith as Cap, Mick Wingert as Tony, Kari Wahlgren as Wasp, and Fred Tastaciore as Hulk.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Huh. Well okay then.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I dunno how to feel about What If? being an animated show. All of the Disney-produced Marvel animation has been inoffensive at best. Is that really going to change on their streaming service? I'm inclined to think it won't, but I guess hope springs eternal

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I dunno how to feel about What If? being an animated show. All of the Disney-produced Marvel animation has been inoffensive at best. Is that really going to change on their streaming service? I'm inclined to think it won't, but I guess hope springs eternal

They should just rename the show to "Let's watch Peter Parker die again"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Most of the comic What If? stories were essentially 'the thing that happened happened anyway, only more people are dead now.' And sometimes Spider-Man marries Silver Sable even if the story is about Spidey picking Black Cat over MJ.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

OnimaruXLR posted:

The previous shows have been produced under the supervision of Marvel TV, which is run by Jeph Loeb and influenced by Ike Perlmutter. What If? will be a full on Marvel Studios production with the actors and creators from the films.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope they do stuff like “what if Robert Downey Jr overdosed in 1998 and Iron Man was played by Sean Penn?” Or “what if Marvel kept ownership of the movie rights to X-Men?”

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ha ha, addiction as a joke

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Nodosaur posted:

The previous shows have been produced under the supervision of Marvel TV, which is run by Jeph Loeb and influenced by Ike Perlmutter. What If? will be a full on Marvel Studios production with the actors and creators from the films.

I guess this means it will be What If specifically dealing with MCU situations? Like what if Tony Stark didn't escape the cave or what if Steve Rogers never got frozen, within the context of the movies.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

I guess this means it will be What If specifically dealing with MCU situations? Like what if Tony Stark didn't escape the cave or what if Steve Rogers never got frozen, within the context of the movies.

Guess?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They should do "What the ... ?!" instead of "What if ...?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Davros1 posted:

I want Forbush Man to become MCU canon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

The climax of Infinity War only instead of Dr. Strange saying "it was the only way..." while getting dusted, he yells "OH gently caress WE hosed UP SO BAD THERE'S NO FIXING THIS!" while a horrified Stark looks on.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ToastyPotato posted:

the first episode is already confirmed to be about Peggy Carter getting the serum instead of Rogers.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

the first episode is already confirmed to be about Peggy Carter getting the serum instead of Rogers.

Oh snap. When did that info come out? Also, I would love Agent Carter to come back in general.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh snap. When did that info come out? Also, I would love Agent Carter to come back in general.

http://collider.com/marvels-what-if-disney-series-details-peggy-carter/amp/

Five days ago

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

If I had to guess what other episodes were most likely to be:

What if Howard Stark wasn't murdered?
What if Tony Stark didn't escape the cave?
What if the Red Skull had defeated Captain America?
What if Wanda had died instead of her brother?
What if Janet Van Dyne was never lost in the Quantum Realm?
What if Banner's experiment had been successful?
What if Loki had succeeded in... any of his schemes?
What if Thor never regained his worthiness?
What if Peter Quil was never abducted?

Comedy option: What if Coulson never died? :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Justice League Vs. the Fatal Five was... okay. I'm glad I saw it on DCU and didn't do anything special to see it. Somebody posted it felt like a good-but-not-great JLU three-parter (maybe the Aquaman one, but not like the Justice Lords or anything) and that's pretty accurate. Did really like Diane Guerrero as Jessica Cruz, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

If I had to guess what other episodes were most likely to be:

What if Howard Stark wasn't murdered?
What if Tony Stark didn't escape the cave?
What if the Red Skull had defeated Captain America?
What if Wanda had died instead of her brother?
What if Janet Van Dyne was never lost in the Quantum Realm?
What if Banner's experiment had been successful?
What if Loki had succeeded in... any of his schemes?
What if Thor never regained his worthiness?
What if Peter Quil was never abducted?

Comedy option: What if Coulson never died? :v:

I will be extremely disappointed if at least half of these don't end with Spider-Man dying.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what if...thanos just doubled all resources instead

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Who became Elvis Presley in one of those? That ends with the Watcher saying that for now he'll be The Listener and enjoy the show. Make that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if Steve and Peter got together to actually binge everything on Steve's list?

Actually, hell, yeah, do that. Just release a massive rifftrax of all those movies on Steve's list. And an ASMR of other non-media experiences. "Steve and Peter share a cronut for the first time"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

what if...thanos just doubled all resources instead

His motives would have made more sense if he had the same motive as his comic counterpart and wanted to impress Death.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If it's animated and forks from the MCU then they should be cheeky and make at least one of these what-ifs result in the emergence of the FF and/or X-Men.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Samuringa posted:

Who became Elvis Presley in one of those? That ends with the Watcher saying that for now he'll be The Listener and enjoy the show. Make that.

That would be Galactus.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Samuringa posted:

As much as people like to poo poo on the newer DC animated properties, I really enjoy Justice League Action. It is like a happy medium between Batman TBATB and JLU.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

AlternateNu posted:

As much as people like to poo poo on the newer DC animated properties, I really enjoy Justice League Action. It is like a happy medium between Batman TBATB and JLU.

It and the new Super Hero Girls are both fun. I think it's mostly that Batman-adjacent movie series people don't like. Having watched my fair share, they do seem technically proficient but pretty joyless.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AlternateNu posted:

JL Action was a great series and I'm legit upset it never got any promos or push. It's got some good takes on the JL characters.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Endless Mike posted:

I will be extremely disappointed if at least half of these don't end with Spider-Man dying.

What if spider-man taught Thanos to use the bathroom

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

What if spider-man taught Thanos to use the bathroom

Thanos would cut toilet paper use by half

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Roommate: Who bought this terrible toilet paper?
Thanos: I've reduced the 2-ply down to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

Roommate: Who bought this terrible toilet paper?
Thanos: I've reduced the 2-ply down to 1.

Thanos must die