Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Purely by his play on the field, Ben had a pretty good year last year. I was expecting a regression that didn't really come. He's still a massive baby bitch and a rapist who let his team lose to the Raiders to prove a point, but he didn't look significantly worse than the year before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm gonna laugh when they extend him, then trade him on draft day, then Ben threatens to retire, and everything gets voided out.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Didn't work out too great for the Packers for the second half of the Thompson era.

Speaking of which, I'm convinced that far more prospects are failed by coaching than are failures of their own accord. The NFL moves on extremely quickly from players who don't appear to be working out right away, and there's barely any time to actually coach and develop players under the current CBA structure.

I think you're underselling how much the talent gap is between the college game and the NFL.

I also disagree with the idea that the NFL gets rid of bad players too quickly. That's certainly not true with blue chip players or generally anyone drafted in the third or higher. There are certainly exceptions, but most players who wash out with the team that drafted them get at least one more shot somewhere else.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think you're underselling how much the talent gap is between the college game and the NFL.

I also disagree with the idea that the NFL gets rid of bad players too quickly. That's certainly not true with blue chip players or generally anyone drafted in the third or higher. There are certainly exceptions, but most players who wash out with the team that drafted them get at least one more shot somewhere else.

I feel like the guys that get most underserved by the system are the UDFA's that end up being stars. You have to assume that for every guy that happens for, there were a few more that never got the invite but could've been really good players.

It is true that some parts of the CBA make it difficult to properly develop players because basically you can spend your time developing players or you can spend your time preparing your starters for the season but you can't always do both properly.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I was typing up a snarky response to the idiot in this thread who pasted something along the lines of “the reason the Legion of Boom was good was because of the pass rush” by staying that, maybe, the LoB was great because they had three first ballot hall of fame players.

But that got me thinking...

Is Kam Chancellor First Ballot HoF?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Oh hell no. Earl Thomas is an easy HoF'er. Sherman is a maybe, and Kam is just a really good third wheel that will likely never be on the list to be a finalist.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

Oh hell no. Earl Thomas is an easy HoF'er. Sherman is a maybe, and Kam is just a really good third wheel that will likely never be on the list to be a finalist.

*Doing the dual pinched fingers Italian thing*

The narrative though.

I think Sherman has a fair shot at the hall and Kam has a punchers chance.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I was typing up a snarky response to the idiot in this thread who pasted something along the lines of “the reason the Legion of Boom was good was because of the pass rush” by staying that, maybe, the LoB was great because they had three first ballot hall of fame players.

But that got me thinking...

I dunno actual fact-wise but my memory of all the cardinals-seahawks games of the recent past is the o line getting obliterated in an instant and in the games we've won it's always been on deep shots where the ball's in the air forever or quick slants.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

What? kam is a better polamalu third wheel my rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

god drat! kam chancellor didn't get enough accolades and won't go into the hall of fame. That's "hosed"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

First ballot? No way.

Kalli posted:

Kam'll get consideration on the veterans' list, otherwise agreed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1120738827889512448

washington!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel bad for Colt McCoy.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gatts posted:

I feel bad for Colt McCoy.

He's had a really rough career.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dan Snyder deserves all the misery he's getting. Last I heard a stadium site got blocked by the Maryland governor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Kam, like Marshawn, doesn't have the stats, but he has the story. Other players talk about him with the same kind of reverence they use for guys like Ray Lewis. He did poo poo no other safety in the league could do, and he has some iconic plays. He isn't a 1st ballot, but he's probably going eventually based on games like Super Bowl 48.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

I was under the impression he really just wanted Todd Haley fired.

Turns out, this was exactly it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120880791108476928

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Did they transplant someone's leg for his arm in that picture?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes please trade him.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did they transplant someone's leg for his arm in that picture?

Not surprising considering Washington's team doctor is Dr. Nick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqKv9rkAE0

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dan Snyder deserves all the misery he's getting. Last I heard a stadium site got blocked by the Maryland governor.

Basically any goodwill the team had in the past has evaporated, and in its place people are overtly hostile towards Snyder getting a dime of public money.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chichevache posted:

Kam, like Marshawn, doesn't have the stats, but he has the story. Other players talk about him with the same kind of reverence they use for guys like Ray Lewis. He did poo poo no other safety in the league could do, and he has some iconic plays. He isn't a 1st ballot, but he's probably going eventually based on games like Super Bowl 48.

Kam absolutely, 100% should have been Super Bowl MVP

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hahaha

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

Kam absolutely, 100% should have been Super Bowl MVP

No doubt. He killed it that game.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

how much u chargin mr elway.

I've got a 5th round pick with ur name on it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1121007903102722048?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What’s wrong with Fed Ex field ?? It’s not even that old.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

euphronius posted:

What’s wrong with Fed Ex field ?? It’s not even that old.

You know that kind of 30-something conservative think tank guy who looks like he's 60? The kind of guy who wears navy blazers to everything and has been using a rolling backpack since he was seven?

FedEx Field is the stadium equivalent of that guy. It's a loving rat's nest with terrible food and nothing around it. Also the mile walk to Metro is still somehow uphill both ways, and Daniel Snyder used his Six Flags experience to make the parking situation as usurious and unpleasant as possible.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's funny, that venue opened right before snyder became owner, but you can't tell the difference

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1121056535583522816

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Draft tomorrow who's excited!!

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1121057589591195654

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I’m really glad Big Ben is back because the best opponent is the one that’s good enough to beat other possibly threateningly good teams but is never gonna best you. In the same way the patriots are the bar for what’s considered a good team every year, the Steelers are the bar for what might be good teams every year. Keeps Toms workload lower

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I really hope Snyder selling the team is a condition for the new stadium

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBN7NAIrfg&t=49s

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Colt McCoy should sue Washington for this, good lord.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Also the Steelers are moving to Baltimore.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

4.04? “drat!”
...20yds? “Pathetic”

I can’t tell if he’s actually trying and has the worst form imaginable or if he’s trying to look serious but joking around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

latinotwink1997 posted:

I can’t tell if he’s actually trying and has the worst form imaginable or if he’s trying to look serious but joking around.

If he's joking around he's dedicated to it. I'm pretty sure he just can't do anything vaguely athletic without looking weird as hell.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Rovell runs how I do when I really gotta take a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Rovell runs like the kid that was running at the pool and got yelled at by the lifeguard then hits em with the fast walk en route to his next cannon ball