Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kind of amusing that the Browns are one of the teams who have pulled it off, twice! 55 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Gary's production was alright. Harbaugh moved him around a lot to collapse pockets on weaker o-line so Winovich and Bush could shoot in. He's got a beautiful tackling game that should make him valuable in the NFL.

I think right now D.K. Metcalf is seen as the fake workout warrior by these forums but my top 3 bust potentials are Haskins, Murray, and Cody Ford. Even then they're ok to good prospects. Not a lot of standout blatant busts this draft.

What about Brian Burns? You were pretty adamant about him being a bust.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

What about Brian Burns? You were pretty adamant about him being a bust.

Burns is more of a project than a bust. His saving grace is he can still ball, he just needs to be taught how to combine moves and actually get leverage.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1121032406931312640

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1121035390708801536

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 24, 2019

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hizawk posted:

How many times has a team drafted multiple HOFers in the same draft?

The Bears selected Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers with the 3rd and 4th picks in 1965. They still never made the playoffs.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
YO WAS THERE REALLY PEOPLE IN HERE TRYING TO TALK DIRTY ABOUT MY NFC EAST?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They speak from a place of ignorance, do your best not to judge them for it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Always good to let everyone know you are committed to a certain player

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Opinions I have that are probably wrong about this draft:

Murray doesn't go first. The Cards have been trying to upsell him to get some other team to jump in there, but failing. Will keep Rosen and end up taking one of the pass rushers.

Nobody will trade up for Murray, he probably goes somewhere in the top 10.

Two others QB's will be drafted in the first and they'll be roughly Gabbert and Ponder surrounded by a bunch of stud players at other positions like in 2011.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1121119511938326528

Hell yes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

He's going to pay so much to go get Murray

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Trades up to #1, drafts Drew Lock.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1121146425004503045

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 24, 2019

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
go get your man snyder

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's off the board imo.

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/1121090777843630089

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I want to be a homer for Drew Lock but that's pretty hard to defend.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hoping for the first openly qanon follower QB.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Trade your whole draft to pay it forward. It’s been 20 years since Washington was the recipient of that deal.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

I want to be a homer for Drew Lock but that's pretty hard to defend.

You guys didn't grow up calling "all time Q" or something like that? We did. Maybe it's a midwest thing.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

https://twitter.com/alltwentytwo/status/1121176675893465088
https://twitter.com/alltwentytwo/status/1121178739524521985
https://twitter.com/alltwentytwo/status/1121180646368399360

yikes

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 24, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

Gary's production was alright. Harbaugh moved him around a lot to collapse pockets on weaker o-line so Winovich and Bush could shoot in. He's got a beautiful tackling game that should make him valuable in the NFL.

I think right now D.K. Metcalf is seen as the fake workout warrior by these forums but my top 3 bust potentials are Haskins, Murray, and Cody Ford. Even then they're ok to good prospects. Not a lot of standout blatant busts this draft.

I don't think Bosa will perform up to his draft position, so to me that's a potential "bust". Others include Daniel Jones, Jachai Polite and Ryan Finley. Wouldn't be surprised if Jawaan Taylor underperforms either.

corn on the cop posted:

go get your man snyder

LOL agreed. Because it's funny but also what do they really have to lose? Where Haskins goes is one of the big mysteries of this draft.

By the way, Clemson DT Christian Wilkins had his grandfather and role model murdered by police in a swat raid looking for someone else. He was shot laying down on the ground "accidentally". He seems like a really smart and courageous kid, any team should feel lucky to get him and I hope hes great in the nfl.

https://youtu.be/sLmuIRH4X5k

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

I don't think Bosa will perform up to his draft position, so to me that's a potential "bust". Others include Daniel Jones, Jachai Polite and Ryan Finley. Wouldn't be surprised if Jawaan Taylor underperforms either.

Yeah there's a few projects in this draft, Taylor is definitely one of them. It's hard to go from the right to the left side even if you are physically gifted. Polites another guy that I personally love but I see him falling down boards because of his combine.

I also forgot to throw Hakeem Butler up there. He just screams bust from his lack of separation and poor route running.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Opinions I have that are probably wrong about this draft:

Murray doesn't go first. The Cards have been trying to upsell him to get some other team to jump in there, but failing. Will keep Rosen and end up taking one of the pass rushers.

Nobody will trade up for Murray, he probably goes somewhere in the top 10.

Two others QB's will be drafted in the first and they'll be roughly Gabbert and Ponder surrounded by a bunch of stud players at other positions like in 2011.

This is probably wishful thinking as a Bills fan, but my batty prediction is the opposite: three QBs in the top 10.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Oh I forgot to mention Drew Lock. Great Blaine Gabbert style bust potential there. Dude can't throw touch passes, bad mechanics, bad footwork. Biggest thing is bad ball placement and erratic accuracy. He's still got a long way to go after several years as a starter, which is why I think Haskins is a lot more promising (although he also needs work and in actual skill level is more a second round guy). We're all gonna have a hearty laugh if Denver drafts Lock and he ends up as another gigantic but useless QB.

Play fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 25, 2019

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

This is probably wishful thinking as a Bills fan, but my batty prediction is the opposite: three QBs in the top 10.

It'll be like when Ponder went top 15. people will poo poo themselves and take QBs early. Happens all the time.

My favourite are the wtf?!? picks in the first round.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still maintain the Ponder pick wasn't that insane. He had a good bounce back senior year from his shoulder injury and had 5 star recruit pedigree.

Part of me wants to give every QB a chance but then another part realizes that the only ones who seem to be guarantees are guys who are undoubtedly top 10 selection locks and spending a pick outside of that makes no sense. I even tend to dislike teams that reach for QBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds over the ones that reach for them in the first. It feels like a ton of teams waste those top 150 picks rather than just signing a backup.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

I still maintain the Ponder pick wasn't that insane. He had a good bounce back senior year from his shoulder injury and had 5 star recruit pedigree.

Part of me wants to give every QB a chance but then another part realizes that the only ones who seem to be guarantees are guys who are undoubtedly top 10 selection locks and spending a pick outside of that makes no sense. I even tend to dislike teams that reach for QBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds over the ones that reach for them in the first. It feels like a ton of teams waste those top 150 picks rather than just signing a backup.

I was super low on Ponder.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BlindSite posted:

I was super low on Ponder.

You and everyone else. I held out hope but probably should have been meaner towards him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

I even tend to dislike teams that reach for QBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds over the ones that reach for them in the first. It feels like a ton of teams waste those top 150 picks rather than just signing a backup.

I think a lot of GMs are still inspired by the Wolf era with the Packers where he kept on drafting backups, developing them then swapping them for picks. For whatever reason its not working as well anymore for these modern GMs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does anyone still have the Gendo Ponder gifs? The one of him making a massive overthrow still slays me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

You and everyone else. I held out hope but probably should have been meaner towards him

Whats your thoughts on Grier?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think a lot of GMs are still inspired by the Wolf era with the Packers where he kept on drafting backups, developing them then swapping them for picks. For whatever reason its not working as well anymore for these modern GMs.

More recently they're inspired by the Patriots turning all of them into picks and players. I'd rather just draft a really athletic dude that didn't produce that much than be the 1 out of 32 teams that manages to culture backup QBs

BlindSite posted:

Whats your thoughts on Grier?

As a true fan of Rutgers Athletics I hate any Mountaineer but Grier's a gamer. Noodle arm and bad mechanics but he produces so who knows?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Play posted:

Oh I forgot to mention Drew Lock. Great Blaine Gabbert style bust potential there. Dude can't throw touch passes, bad mechanics, bad footwork. Biggest thing is bad ball placement and erratic accuracy. He's still got a long way to go after several years as a starter, which is why I think Haskins is a lot more promising (although he also needs work and in actual skill level is more a second round guy). We're all gonna have a hearty laugh if Denver drafts Lock and he ends up as another gigantic but useless QB.
Not a great comparison. Drew Lock doesn't see the ghosts of Suh in his sleep like Gabbert did.

He really just need some refinement from a coaching staff that is quality. I mean, come on. They hired Derek Dooley to work with him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

By the way, Clemson DT Christian Wilkins had his grandfather and role model murdered by police in a swat raid looking for someone else. He was shot laying down on the ground "accidentally". He seems like a really smart and courageous kid, any team should feel lucky to get him and I hope hes great in the nfl.

https://youtu.be/sLmuIRH4X5k

God, this country is hosed up. loving hell.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

Have any of the heart issue guys not panned out?

Gaines Adams? Damien Nash? I can't think of any others.

Take Sweat at 29, Chiefs.

if the chiefs draft him he will almost certainly have a strong heart and no issues with his condition

which will come in handy when he assaults a member of his family and/or a woman he barely knows

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

DC Murderverse posted:

if the chiefs draft him he will almost certainly have a strong heart and no issues with his condition

which will come in handy when he assaults a member of his family and/or a woman he barely knows

I mean, if he falls to 61 I'd be pretty fuckin' happy with it.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:smith: It's been 20 years since this plague was visited upon us. How long must we suffer oh Lord?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gonna be really mad all day tomorrow

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does anyone still have the Gendo Ponder gifs? The one of him making a massive overthrow still slays me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6dfeYSrXM

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

0:28, that's the one :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The best part of the draft is teams talking themselves into drafting guys who can't even perform the physical act of throwing properly.

What was stupider, drafting Ponder or Hackenberg? Ponder went in the 1st instead of the 2nd, but Hackenberg was appalling on an entirely different plane of existence.