Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
That dude’s got that fake rear end looking flint flossy mustache lol

Turquoise Jeep was the truth
https://youtu.be/xt5ghXdq6Z0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Pretty Raheem best R&B singer of all time

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I thought the sunday service thing was pretty loving bad tbh, just felt so aimless. All style and so substance
repackaging the black experience for white festivals types. sorta like beyonce's homecoming.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

temple posted:

repackaging the black experience for white festivals types. sorta like beyonce's homecoming.
I haven't seen the Sunday Service set yet, but I watched Beyoncé's Homecoming and she was all about celebrating black excellence, even if that festival does primarily attract white people. The crowd certainly didn't look all-white though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the reviews I see about Homecoming talk about how Beyoncé at Coachella was one of the best and most important concerts of this century so far and was a huge cultural sensation etc and it feels weird because I feel like I only slightly heard about it after it happened and then didn’t hear it mentioned again until the trailer for the Netflix thing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

All the reviews I see about Homecoming talk about how Beyoncé at Coachella was one of the best and most important concerts of this century so far and was a huge cultural sensation etc and it feels weird because I feel like I only slightly heard about it after it happened and then didn’t hear it mentioned again until the trailer for the Netflix thing
I bet it was a huge deal if you're rich. I'm not and didn't go to it, and forgot that even happened until the trailer for the doc on Netflix.

The production and choreography looked insane. Nowhere near the craziest I've seen, but impressive for the number of people and the number of things going on at once.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I haven't seen the Sunday Service set yet, but I watched Beyoncé's Homecoming and she was all about celebrating black excellence, even if that festival does primarily attract white people. The crowd certainly didn't look all-white though.
Black excellence should be celebrated on black platforms every now and then, instead of mainly at trendy white exclusive venues for the wealthy. Sunday Service was cool but honestly, its nothing that doesn't happen a black church with a good choir. He didn't elevate the art, he reproduced it. Its like black art has to be accepted by white audiences to be influential.

edit: Its the 2nd year in a row someone has copy and pasted a purely black cultural experience at Cochella. What's next year? Braiding hair on stage?

temple fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 23, 2019

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If you don't hear people taling about that Beyonce performance you need to hang around more black women.

This Kanye poo poo I haven't heard and dont care much at all about.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Lol read a piece about Jay electronica this morning and completely forgot about him :chloe: what a waste

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I even watched Beyonce concert when it happened and I'm not that guy to ever do that.

The only time I heard of that Kanye poo poo was Instagram videos.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

All the descriptions I’ve read of Homecoming called it a “cultural movement”, lmao

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

beyonce is good

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

temple posted:

Black excellence should be celebrated on black platforms every now and then, instead of mainly at trendy white exclusive venues for the wealthy. Sunday Service was cool but honestly, its nothing that doesn't happen a black church with a good choir. He didn't elevate the art, he reproduced it. Its like black art has to be accepted by white audiences to be influential.

edit: Its the 2nd year in a row someone has copy and pasted a purely black cultural experience at Cochella. What's next year? Braiding hair on stage?

What happened last year?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

beyonce is not good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

good grief

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Badyonce trash

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

beyonce is not good

Was wondering when the next nuclear take would hit this thread!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

bows1 posted:

What happened last year?

Beychella last year
Sunday Service this year

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Beyoncé show was actually good even though I don’t like her whole discography it was still impressive. Sunday service was everyone pretending to like going to church and listening to gospel. Kanye didn’t even improv beat making like he did during the leaked videos of this whole thing from a few weeks back. He even forgot his own lyrics or omitted them (no bleached rear end in a top hat line lmao). It was bad

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Beychella movie was impressive. She had a marching band, a bunch of dancers, she brought Destiny's Child back from the dead for a bit, she brought out Jay Z, etc. And perhaps most impressive of all is that she did this right after having twins! She's 37 and has 3 children now but you sure as gently caress couldn't tell from how she looked/moved around that stage.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
hell yeah https://www.instagram.com/p/BwnsrVWgglJ/

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
sick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ay. ay. stop snitchin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrfLXZJxkSk

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

kenny beats actually owns

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Beychella movie was impressive. She had a marching band, a bunch of dancers, she brought Destiny's Child back from the dead for a bit, she brought out Jay Z, etc. And perhaps most impressive of all is that she did this right after having twins! She's 37 and has 3 children now but you sure as gently caress couldn't tell from how she looked/moved around that stage.

Not only did she do this immediately after having twins, she originally prepared for this three years ago and had to stop production which was a significant financial hit. Beychella is such an amazing experence (and frankly, a generational stepping stone) and i'm glad everyone gets to hear\see this pure spectacle. If you don't get goosebumps at the intro drumline you're dead inside.

Sunday service was trash to sell 175 dollar sweatpants and be a thing about ye. He hasn't changed, and people "ironically" showed up in MAGA hats smh.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I just got caught up on the whole Tay-K situation and lmao he snitched on himself when he did The Race.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Vargatron posted:

I just got caught up on the whole Tay-K situation and lmao he snitched on himself when he did The Race.

Yeah. The kid's no criminal mastermind and if half of what he's accused of doing is true then he's also a scummy rear end in a top hat. I know he's young and all, but it's hard to feel sympathy for him in light of everything surrounding his arrest.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I never understood feeling bad for young people that do stupid poo poo. Being young isn't an excuse to do all kinds of terrible stuff. Everybody in the street is fully aware of what they're doing.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

bout to post this but my boy Marching got it. word.

RIP Nip

bitch

tjones
May 13, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxYDV2cPCOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY4zUUK_gC8

tjones fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 25, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RBX posted:

I never understood feeling bad for young people that do stupid poo poo. Being young isn't an excuse to do all kinds of terrible stuff. Everybody in the street is fully aware of what they're doing.

I work with kids from 6-18 and let me tell you, kids are stupid. Like I'm not excusing heinous XXX poo poo but young people's brains literally aren't finished yet. If they see older people do bad poo poo they'll try to emulate it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I work with kids from 6-18 and let me tell you, kids are stupid. Like I'm not excusing heinous XXX poo poo but young people's brains literally aren't finished yet. If they see older people do bad poo poo they'll try to emulate it.

Yeah, and that’s to say nothing of how a kid was raised, etc. This isn’t Brock Turner with an affluent background. It’s a little latch key kid w gangbanger parents. Kids are extremely malleable. I’m not saying this completely absolves Tay-K or others in his position, but it’s important to keep perspectives.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeftAtLo...r%3D2513%23pti5

drat. She really nails it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hahahah uncanny

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

In other matters of life and death, YNM Melly could get the death penalty and Bun B shot a guy who held his wife at gunpoint and tried to rob their house.

Luckily for Melly, Florida now requires a unanimous jury decision for executions and juries seem reluctant to grant them. Its hosed up to murder two of your friends and then drive their bodies around in your car for an hour to cover your tracks, but so is sending a teenager to death row. He's definitely getting life without parole though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

goodog posted:

In other matters of life and death, YNM Melly could get the death penalty and Bun B shot a guy who held his wife at gunpoint and tried to rob their house.

Luckily for Melly, Florida now requires a unanimous jury decision for executions and juries seem reluctant to grant them. Its hosed up to murder two of your friends and then drive their bodies around in your car for an hour to cover your tracks, but so is sending a teenager to death row. He's definitely getting life without parole though.

go snitchin on yourself with a song that is so loving hauntingly true

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DMX cameo on bhad bhabies latest video I just love these kids they crazy

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Marching Powder posted:

go snitchin on yourself with a song that is so loving hauntingly true

Didn’t he make that song a couple months before the murders?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Boywhiz88 posted:

Didn’t he make that song a couple months before the murders?

He had the idea for the hook and the basics of the song back when he was locked up in 2015/2016

He got into a bunch of trouble in 2017 cause of this song, cause 12 is the loving worst but then again it probably doesn't help your case to have made a manifesto about shooting someone and then shooting and killing two people.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That Tyler vid is a few years late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDSFb0aGx6c

Thought this was pretty sweet