Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I spent the better part of evening traffic trying to make up AltRight superhero names and the best I could manage was Silver TERFer.

I... i think my brain is problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, CG thinks they have it covered. This was the "evidence" that the deposition was a lie.

https://twitter.com/AndreaCheeseca1/status/1120852830594588672

Huh, apparently it took him 3 days to send a DM after his initial one :raise:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, CG thinks they have it covered. This was the "evidence" that the deposition was a lie.

https://twitter.com/AndreaCheeseca1/status/1120852830594588672

Weird that they've had this since June and DiC's lawyer hasn't, as far as I know, used it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why do those screenshots look so grainy? Is that from the photoshop filter?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
These people are absolute lunatics, how the gently caress can anyone see that and think "oh yeah Mark's done for now!!"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

If those DMs are real, shouldn't they have been gathered from Twitter directly during the discovery phase to prove their veracity?

That's an honest question. I don't really know how the gathering of digital documents for legal cases works.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FilthyImp posted:

I spent the better part of evening traffic trying to make up AltRight superhero names and the best I could manage was Silver TERFer.

I... i think my brain is problems.

Ubermensch is the obvious one. And in Wild Cards there's a white supremacist with super speed who calls himself the Racist.

How about Gas Lantern? "Behold my power, Gas Lantern's light!"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Jedit posted:

And in Wild Cards there's a white supremacist with super speed who calls himself the Racist.

Using any character from Wild Cards is cheating, especially Fortunato.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The Blackface Lawyer has decided he needs to defend sexual abusers across nerd hobbies, by the way:

PST posted:

Apparently Frog God have hired the comicsgate lawyer to go after Webb's victim at PaizoCon for 'Tortuous interference'. Supposedly Stacy, Christopher Helton and Jessica Price are also being sued.

I did my semi-regular peek at what he alt-right gamer side are up to and this is getting discussed in both the comicsgate and gamergate bits of reddit/elsewhere, and of course (the same people) The RPG Site is feverishly masturbating over it and hoping they'll go after rpg.net as well.

From what I understand the ComicsGate suit has all sorts of problems, and tortious interference isn't an easy prove in the US, otherwise every company that's ever had a boycott against it would have gone after someone to shut them up.

The lawyer involved apparently loves appearing on comicsgate youtube interviews and being all smug and has spent the last year+ twisting the whole Meyer vs Waid lawsuit, so hopefully he'll get a dismissal there, as the nerd alt-right seem to regard him as their fantasy lawyer in the same way some people were talking up Avenatti.

Same lawyer is also representing Mignogna going after people who broke relations or talked about his history of sexual harassment so it looks to me as if tortious interference is the tactic. Presumably because it doesn't matter if they did abuse or harass anyone just if that interfered in a contract. Obviously none of the alt right seem to understand that the suits are specifically not saying that they're innocent.

Further to this the comicsgate mob are now claiming this is to do with the SJ Games thing, which is nonsense as this clearly predates it and is probably about Gary Con. As such going after Webb's victim, who's largely stayed quiet about it all seems particularly hosed up, likewise Price who did little beyond retweet and a few comments. But they really, really hate her, to a pretty scary degree. Contessa members did push for a boycott of Gary Con and re-raise Webb's shittyness, but (while not a lawyer in the US) I'm struggling to see how that makes the general bar for that, unless Texas has a very low one for Tortious Interference, which is why they want all their cases held there. And in this case, as far as I can tell, none of the accused, the plaintiff, or the events involved are in Texas, but that doesn't stop it being expensive for those being sued from having to pay lawyers to try and get it dismissed.

Bill Webb is an old fixture of D&D circles and was called out as a sex creep with a long history a few months ago. Jessica Price had a twitter thread in December about her experience with him:

https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1075848097064873984

It's long so it'd be better to click through to read it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is like the 17th attempt to start a DnD-gate in the past year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bessantj posted:

Weird that they've had this since June and DiC's lawyer hasn't, as far as I know, used it.
On the one hand, you're probably making a big assumption that Dickie's lawyer(s) are actually good at their jobs. On the other, it's certainly fake.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As a correction, Blackface Lawyer isn't Vic's lawyer. That's Ty Beard who started a trend amongst the Vic supporters because he tweeted "We'll be in touch" to Monica Rial and others. Ty Beard, despite having tried actual court cases unlike Nick, is on record as giving opposing counsel false documents and screwing the case up so bad he had to pay the OTHER SIDE's legal fees.

Re: Ty Beard, Jim E. Bullock, Brian Casper, Craig Daugherty and Don Harris, 12-15-00005-CV (Tex. App. 2015) if you want to see Beard be on the hook for 14K.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 24, 2019

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dawgstar posted:

As a correction, Blackface Lawyer isn't Vic's lawyer. That's Ty Beard who started a trend amongst the Vic supporters because he tweeted "We'll be in touch" to Monica Rial and others. Ty Beard, despite having tried actual court cases unlike Nick, is on record as giving opposing counsel false documents and screwing the case up so bad he had to pay the OTHER SIDE's legal fees.

Re: Ty Beard, Jim E. Bullock, Brian Casper, Craig Daugherty and Don Harris, 12-15-00005-CV (Tex. App. 2015) if you want to see Beard be on the hook for 14K.

Oh, my bad. There's getting to be a ridiculous number of alt-right nuisance lawsuits going on at once...

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Oh my God, really? For some reason I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking they were trying to scare people into NDA's and poo poo by threatening them with costly lawsuits and bullying them to settle out of court.

For some reason it never occurred to me that they might actually just be pants shittingly stupid

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

Oh, my bad. There's getting to be a ridiculous number of alt-right nuisance lawsuits going on at once...

Yeah, they all blur together after a while.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

On the one hand, you're probably making a big assumption that Dickie's lawyer(s) are actually good at their jobs. On the other, it's certainly fake.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on being competent. Yes, I have a feeling you're correct.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lurdiak posted:

This is like the 17th attempt to start a DnD-gate in the past year.

What -gates are we up to at this point, and what started them?

Gamer was Anita Sarkessian going "maybe we could tone down the sexual exploitation of Women in games," and chuds freaking out.
Anime was Vic being a sex pervert and chuds being like "nuh-uh" (which I'm going to love seeing him proven in court to be a sex pervert)
Comic was what, EVS and DiC starting indiegogos?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GateGate is coming.

The fencing industry will be toppled to the ground.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anora posted:

Earlier. Kicked off when the women at Marvel's editorial staff went for a milkshake.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

GateGate is coming.

The fencing industry will be toppled to the ground.

how dare you wall off your property from me so i cant put a burning cross on your lawn

infringing on my free speech

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I keep hoping we'll see a schism in ComicsGate which creates ComicsGateGate.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There was that time vox day got "kicked out" by evs over something

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

There was that time vox day got "kicked out" by evs over something

Yeah but nobody really took sides. I figure eventually the faction that hates women and the faction that hates racial diversity will come to blows.

Like that Superman worship cult split from Reign of the Supermen.

Edit: holy poo poo I love your new avatar

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but nobody really took sides. I figure eventually the faction that hates women and the faction that hates racial diversity will come to blows.

You figure they're not the same faction?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Like that Superman worship cult split from Reign of the Supermen.

Edit: holy poo poo I love your new avatar

The Venn diagram of those two groups is a circle

And lol ty

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Puppy Time posted:

You figure they're not the same faction?

Well 20+ years of retail and the service industry taught me that racists hate other races but they tend to hate women even more. Like, there's INCELs that are not white you know?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Dawgstar posted:

Earlier. Kicked off when the women at Marvel's editorial staff went for a milkshake.

Milkshakes in memory of Flo Steinberg, no less.
"Oh no, our beloved Marvel franchises are being influenced by women!" Meanwhile, women have contributed to comics at large since the beginning...?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Does anyone remember when EVS quit Comicsgate? Was there an explanation of why he came back?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it's harder to keep your crowd funding going when you walk away from your audience.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

There's kind of a ''Sci-fi Gate'' going on too, with the Sad Puppies fixing Hugo Award ballots and brigading and poo poo.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Just earlier this week I saw some vanSciverists getting mad at Beale for that particular drama.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Does anyone remember when EVS quit Comicsgate? Was there an explanation of why he came back?

Just some BS Tweet about still having "work to do" or whatever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
More loving geniuses

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1121094416859582465?s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well 20+ years of retail and the service industry taught me that racists hate other races but they tend to hate women even more. Like, there's INCELs that are not white you know?
Nah, non-white incels also believe white people are superior and that's just another reason they can't get laid.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have no idea how to decipher that guy's rant they quoted. They think the ink will run off the page onto the reader's hands?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IUG posted:

I have no idea how to decipher that guy's rant they quoted. They think the ink will run off the page onto the reader's hands?

Sometimes I have to imagine this is performance art or something.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Anora posted:

What -gates are we up to at this point, and what started them?

Gamer was Anita Sarkessian going "maybe we could tone down the sexual exploitation of Women in games," and chuds freaking out.
Anime was Vic being a sex pervert and chuds being like "nuh-uh" (which I'm going to love seeing him proven in court to be a sex pervert)

The Hugo awards for science fiction books had Sad puppies/Rabid puppies. It isn't exactly a "gate", but the reasons behind it are the same, namely people being bitter that non-white/non-males start producing new kinds of stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sad_Puppies

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1121127373355671552

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah, I'm sure the man who illustrated this for Vertigo is right-wing as all get-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

So the Milkshake brought all the chuds to the yard?