Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Looks dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No chance of female route tho, seems like, but that didn't seem likely at this point

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Color me interested.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzcSKyCzZs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Arist posted:

No chance of female route tho, seems like, but that didn't seem likely at this point
Pass

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

give us a female protagonist route you cowards

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Character seems to be more than a Marie. She seems to be a full fledged party member if you visit the site.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DarkstarIV posted:

Character seems to be more than a Marie. She seems to be a full fledged party member if you visit the site.

there's a split second of her in combat in the trailer

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Kasumi Yoshizawa

In the spring of the same year as the hero
The beautiful girl who entered the school.
As a rhythmic gymnastics player from junior high school age
Excellent results,
Anticipation of its future It is expected from the school.

https://p5r.jp/

Total worldwide sales topped 2.7 million books

"Persona 5" adds a lot of new elements to the newborn.
The third semester was not talked about, and more fulfilling student life.
A new character that is the key to the depths.

A new formidable enemy...... You still don't know the real "persona 5"......

It's Golden Persona 5. PS4 with PS4 Pro enhancements.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wark Say posted:

Well, that seems less "Leave it to the internet!" than usual. And yet, I still feel kinda dumb after reading it.

Don't get me wrong, it's the internet, so I'm almost certain that there were a few threats of bodily harm. At the end of the day, however, Gideon's refusal to provide even slight updates every couple of months of along the lines of 'this is still being worked on slowly!' caused a lot more drama than necessary. It's a big case of We Could've Avoided All This.

Dragonatrix posted:

A few more than you'd think, though not as many as that sounds. We can obviously discount the myriad mobile games and weird no-longer-in-existence PC stuff (like P00);

NINE, Majin Tensei 1 (of course), Ronde, Devil Summoner 1 (though I'd be surprised if no one was working on one), Devil Children Black/Red/White, Devil Children Messiah Riser and Giten Megami Tensei are all the ones that come to mind as definitely, or more likely than not, having anything.

If I remember right, the original versions of Megami Tensei 1 and 2 were being worked on but got dropped once the Kyuuyaku patch released, since that kinda makes it redundant and unnecessary.

I remember reading that there was a group working on the PSP port of Devil Summoner 1, and I think there's a group still working on the PSP version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. No idea of the state of the former, or if it's still going, and the latter, I haven't seen any updates for in a while.

MT1&2 were being worked on by AGTP, and even after the Kyuuyaku patch, he worked on it for a while, really more for completion's sake than anything, but, as you say, it was basically redundant by that point.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The #1 issue I have with P5 is the story and writing and a female MC was basically the only avenue that could realistically be addressed. Just having the same game, but a new area and whatever else new content is associated with this new girl is massively unlikely to alleviate any of that.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

New girl character looks pretty boring tbh, but all the other extra content has me excited. Apparently they're adding a full 3rd semester for you to play through.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm interested in whether or not that sequence of Anne at some doctor's office means we'll be getting standalone sequences of the party members? Would be nice if people could exist outside of Joker's interactions. And it looks like they are going to be fleshing out dungeons which is always a good decision, new combat maneuvers as well and co-op attacks it would seem.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We have to wait until next year :(

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/1121039866240720896

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I am exited to play and platinum Persona 5 all over again. I just hope the English version isn’t too far off from the Japanese release.

Edit: ughhhhhh. 2020

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Did Joker have that grappling hook in the base game? I thought it was a pretty random addition to his Smash moveset

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DarkstarIV posted:

So was Metis, which is probably why despite being very similar she mostly manages to not get tarred with the same brush.

Also doesn't hurt that The Answer's problems are pretty much unrelated to her character entirely.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is that a combination attack between Haru and Morgana?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

...is this Morgana?

Joker's gonna need a bigger bed

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

apparently judging by the line here this is probably a human Morgana? congratulations to sleep cat for finally becoming a real boy :3:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They pulled a drat Teddie on him

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Don't make fun of Joker's cute new boyfreind

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is the only thing Atlus knows what to do with remakes is adding another girl

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
the wealth of info dropped here is going to make it all the sadder when tomorrow night's P5S announcement is just "ok here's a port of the base game"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Zyxyz posted:

apparently judging by the line here this is probably a human Morgana? congratulations to sleep cat for finally becoming a real boy :3:
It absolutely is Morgana. He's saying "And then I (wagahai) and Lady Ann..." and laughing creepily.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Firebert posted:

...is this Morgana?

Joker's gonna need a bigger bed

...Time for bed's gonna have a whole new meaning now.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm incredibly disappointed that this isn't more of a SMTIVA situation. A third semester is neat, but man I do not want to play through the base game a second time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We're going to have to wait for me to take over for Persona 6 for the legendary 2-3 years of high school between the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're definitely playing up Goro a bit more with the cover being more obvious about him being an antagonist and the trailer opening up with him confronting Joker so I'm sure he'll get more scenes and maybe a proper epilogue to his part in the story.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Human Morgana is lame as hell, btw but I don't expect much more because they seem like they dont ever know what they're doing with these lameass mascot characters other than making them more irritating so eh.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I know this can of worms has already been completely exhausted before but while I'm totally fine with Akechi getting more focus, if they completely redeem him I'm going to be very disappointed

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Akechi is gonna get the Freeza treatment where he is resurrected, still evil and just Joker's adversary as the game concludes.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Akechi and Morgana switch places, and Akechi becomes your new cat

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather Goro be forgiven for mass genocide than have more scenes where Morgana is horny for Ann

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
wonder who the new chick's persona's gonna be

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kasumi looks alright though, I'm willing to wait for English release on this one though and not import from JP like I did vanilla P5, hopefully there is an actual switch port and it's not ps4 only.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Remember when people thought Mishima was human Morgana

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only reason I remember Mishima at this point is because I have to remind myself someone on the team pushed for an anime scene in the game where Kamoshida spikes a volleyball and destroys his face

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

The only reason I remember Mishima at this point is because I have to remind myself someone on the team pushed for an anime scene in the game where Kamoshida spikes a volleyball and destroys his face

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

I would rather Goro be forgiven for mass genocide than have more scenes where Morgana is horny for Ann

i'll gladly take both