Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

drat shame they didnt remove Yusuke from the game but oh well no game is perfect

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

spoiler morgana dies in p5r

Day one purchase

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
There's some art out there of the new girl's phantom thief outfit and school outfit. Same color scheme as Joker's and a rather muted design. They're definitely going for something here.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she does not appear to be wearing pants

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

There's some art out there of the new girl's phantom thief outfit and school outfit. Same color scheme as Joker's and a rather muted design. They're definitely going for something here.

It could be interesting if when Joker is in prison she is the one who takes over as the MC and it is up to her and the Phantom Thieves to balance getting him out of prison and to help wrap up loose ends from the conspiracy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

waiting for confirmation that i can transfer over my file for ng+ with the new 'tent

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I get why people want that, but considering the sheer amount of stuff that's liable to get rejiggered here I don't think it's very plausible.

FES didn't even let you do that, did it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arist posted:

I get why people want that, but considering the sheer amount of stuff that's liable to get rejiggered here I don't think it's very plausible.

FES didn't even let you do that, did it?

Surprisingly, it did according to https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Persona_3_FES

quote:

Save data from Persona 3 can be transferred into the game, which includes the Persona Compendium, Social Stats (Academics, Courage and Charm), and items received from completing Social Links.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Huh. Well, FES is an outlier anyway since it didn't add nearly as much as Golden or this seems to.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm fine with not transferring over levels but I would want the social stats and compendium for sure

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't P3P more the "original game with more content" version than P3FES which IIRC was mainly an extra scenario/expansion

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

So boring. Morally driven antagonist is so much better than yet another party member. Maybe a new, split-party dungeon would justify it, but I'm not sure, and I doubt that'll happen anyway.

And I haven't heard thing one about dating Yusuke (or Akechi if you want to make things...interesting) yet.

Digirat posted:

There’s an equal number if you count the cat

There's a greater number of men if you do that and refuse to not count Akechi because of...you know.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'd really enjoy being able to NG+ from the start using my P5 save, that way I can enjoy all the new content without having to play three more times because I couldn't avoid grinding.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The new girl forgot to put on pants, how embarrassing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make Yosuke's Taco Bell Palace real you cowards.

Make Mementos into just multiple versions of the Smash stage and turn the Reaper into a big Mario.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Make Mementos into just multiple versions of the Smash stage and turn the Reaper into a big Mario.

They're saving that for the switch port

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

New character looks like a mary sue for people mad that they gotta play as a boy, hard pass

:chloe:

Also: hot drat

https://twitter.com/gsc_kyojin/status/1120988770671550464

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

What the eff?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ryuji is my least favorite, but that is a quality lookin' Nendroid

Also P5R leak:

https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles/status/1121097394853224448

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So is the back half of the story is going to be completely overhauled to take longer so the third semester (trimester?) is actually meaningful? Or is it just going to be extra time to get confidants and grind for NG+?

Harlock posted:

Another big thing going around also: Futaba's mother being alive.

I wonder if Atlus gave into fan pressure and is going to retcon Akechi's death in Royal. It's all but outright stated he killed Wakabe in the original so having her be not dead would remove one of his major black marks. Presumably he still ices Okumura though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sydin posted:

So is the back half of the story is going to be completely overhauled to take longer so the third semester (trimester?) is actually meaningful? Or is it just going to be extra time to get confidants and grind for NG+?

I wonder if Atlus gave into fan pressure and is going to retcon Akechi's death in Royal. It's all but outright stated he killed Wakabe in the original so having her be not dead would remove one of his major black marks. Presumably he still ices Okumura though.

He also is the one who kills the train conductor and kills hundreds of people on the train as a consequence in the opening along with the dozens of other people who explicitly died when he killed their unconscious.

You'd have to retcon a lot more than just him not killing Futaba's mom. He has a body count of hundreds. gently caress Akechi, the best writing in P5 is when his body is rotting and no one cares enough to identify the corpse

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Started FES for the first time last night, played through roughly half of P3P. I love the 3d animated cutscenes so much more than the visual novel style of portable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The new girl forgot to put on pants, how embarrassing.

Pants are overrated anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

New character looks like a mary sue for people mad that they gotta play as a boy, hard pass
lol

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

He also is the one who kills the train conductor and kills hundreds of people on the train as a consequence in the opening along with the dozens of other people who explicitly died when he killed their unconscious.

You'd have to retcon a lot more than just him not killing Futaba's mom. He has a body count of hundreds. gently caress Akechi, the best writing in P5 is when his body is rotting and no one cares enough to identify the corpse

He wasn't technically in the trailer, so that gives some hope. But I fear that the insane love that the fangirls have for him will leave to him not only living, but somehow making amends to at least some degree with the group. His fanbase is so in love with the guy who admitted to being an unrepentant serial killer who canonically will not leave the group without believing that he's killed the main character in cold blood that he's almost certain to return. I'm thinking that the best we could hope for is that he pull and Adachi and willingly turns himself in after he's inevitably retconned as surviving.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Zore posted:

Yes Akechi is a massive piece of poo poo and I have no idea why so many fans adore him (okay that's a lie, I do) but people do like him and if Atlus was going to try and whitewash anything it'd be killing Wakabe and/or Okumura, so that the party trying to sway him with the power of friendship is even somehow remotely believable.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Zore posted:

Wait, hundreds of people died? I thought even the conductor had only minor injuries.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
morgana's current voice coming from his human form

lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ErikaHarlacher/status/1121107963509239809

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is anyone opposed to getting rid of the framing device/the interrogation scenes?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

General Morden posted:

morgana's current voice coming from his human form

lol

I hope it's just the current voice but trying to do the impression of a deep manly voice

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People like fictional characters that are....bad guys?????

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is anyone opposed to getting rid of the framing device/the interrogation scenes?

Not particularly, they always felt kinda cheesy. Granted I'm not a big fan of those sorts of framing devices in general. That said I'm not sure how Joker would build up a confidant with Sae without it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Motto posted:

People like fictional characters that are....bad guys?????

It's funny, the part of the game that made me the most like... offended at what Akechi has done in his life isn't any of his murders, or him trying to sabotage us, or his betrayal or anything.

It's when he loving eats the the special takoyaki. Haru wanted that you piece of poo poo!!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people's murder fetishes for a fictional 16 year old who killed some people offscreen will never not be weird

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wasn't the shogi girl originally going to be another party member. Interesting that they did a whole new character instead of bringing that idea back

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

people's murder fetishes for a fictional 16 year old who killed some people offscreen will never not be weird

He also killed a bunch of people on screen

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
He's just a bad boy that needs fixing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

He also killed a bunch of people on screen
billionaires arent people, qed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sydin posted:

Not particularly, they always felt kinda cheesy. Granted I'm not a big fan of those sorts of framing devices in general. That said I'm not sure how Joker would build up a confidant with Sae without it.

Oh yeah that is true. Maybe get rid of the times it cuts away to it whenever you start up a new Confidant.