Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Laugh at the idiot titan ratting with standing fleet mostly empty.

Also, of course it was penif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Insurance fraud, as is custom

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

CainFortea posted:

Also, of course it was penif.

someone should've loaned that man isk for a jf...

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
poo poo I can't believe we lost a titan, this strategic asset will surely be missed.

Oh, a ratting titan.

lmao

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ascendancy pod in an Avatar :downs:

And he's one of mine :v:

(So I get to deal with him :unsmigghh: )

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Wibla posted:

Ascendancy pod in an Avatar :downs:

And he's one of mine :v:

(So I get to deal with him :unsmigghh: )

do you think he learned his lesson?

lmao

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013
ratting titans?

just one idiot or is that a thing now?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

wafflethief posted:

ratting titans?

just one idiot or is that a thing now?

It's a thing now. Well, it was a thing. You can use one of the AOE doomsdays to clear an entire anom in almost one shot, and clean up the other poo poo with high angle weaponry. CCP cracked down on it by nerfing the HAWs for titans and increasing the respawn times so that you can't continually do sites in a titan.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Doesn't stop people from trying.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Wibla posted:

Doesn't stop people from trying.

Reading patch notes is hard.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
You can still do it just fine if you are not fully retarded.
I am half retarded, so I still manage to risk my poo poo for the dank small ticks that will never make up for the loss

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Every time someone mention's ratting titans I hear moneymoneymoneymoney in my head and have to watch https://youtu.be/dc4dxh0gEPw again

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get it, do people actually save up enough isk from ratting to buy a titan? Why would someone still have the habit of ratting for their income when they have enough to buy a titan?

It just seems insane from a risk/reward basis to rat in a titan. Instead of a ratting put half that isk into the most brain dead activity (reactions) and you will make enough to do whatever you want.

Lots Of Pain
Apr 22, 2019

Rutibex posted:

I don't get it, do people actually save up enough isk from ratting to buy a titan? Why would someone still have the habit of ratting for their income when they have enough to buy a titan?

It just seems insane from a risk/reward basis to rat in a titan. Instead of a ratting put half that isk into the most brain dead activity (reactions) and you will make enough to do whatever you want.

I would guess at Bored, Stupid or Both

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

The answer to the first part of your question is yes. People literally rat, usually in supers, enough to buy a Titan.

After they buy the Titan, ratting is still their primary isk sources (I know, that is terrible), and then through a combination of:

1. I need isk, and I get my isk through ratting;
A. Bosoning rock havens is easier than super ratting;
2. I am bored;
A. I have nothing better to do;

Said people decide to rat in Titans.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

having a much bigger lol at the dumbass in WIdotte that got baited by Lussy Lou into welping their (purchased) AT ship

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

having a much bigger lol at the dumbass in WIdotte that got baited by Lussy Lou into welping their (purchased) AT ship

you gotta post killmails when you post things like this :mad:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Dear Citizens of New Eden,

Following on from our statement on April 17, we have completed our review of the Brisc Rubal investigation and determined that our initial findings were incorrect. Neither Brisc Rubal nor the other players implicated in this incident breached CCP’s confidentiality, the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement, or used privileged information to obtain an in-game advantage.

We made a mistake here and we offer our formal apologies. First, to Brisc Rubal and the two other players involved, both for making the allegations and for the disturbance and stress caused by the way in which we handled this situation. Second, for not collaborating with due care with the members of CSM 13, who have acted responsibly throughout. Lastly, we owe our sincere apology to the EVE community for this error. We take full responsibility for any confusion and mistrust caused by our initial assessment of the situation.

After reviewing our assessment of the information on which these allegations were based and having spoken repeatedly with everyone involved, it’s now clear that our initial actions were based on unsubstantiated assumptions. While we were motivated by a desire to protect the working relationship between the CSM and the EVE Development Team with all due speed, had we taken the time to review the information with greater scrutiny, this incident could have been resolved without the disruption that has since occurred.

We aim to make it up to all concerned. Right now, we are in the process of restoring access to the EVE Online accounts of all three affected players, returning any confiscated assets and providing rectification as appropriate. We will work to set this right and will be making changes to our procedures and policies to ensure this kind of situation does not reoccur.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you'd like to discuss this devblog, please feel free to do so in this forum thread.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ahaha, they're gonna back track on a dude everyone knows drat well did it, but they won't even talk to you about billing!

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Dear Citizens of New Eden,

Following on from our statement on April 17, we have completed our review of the Brisc Rubal investigation and determined that our initial findings were incorrect. Neither Brisc Rubal nor the other players implicated in this incident breached CCP’s confidentiality, the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement, or used privileged information to obtain an in-game advantage.

We made a mistake here and we offer our formal apologies. First, to Brisc Rubal and the two other players involved, both for making the allegations and for the disturbance and stress caused by the way in which we handled this situation. Second, for not collaborating with due care with the members of CSM 13, who have acted responsibly throughout. Lastly, we owe our sincere apology to the EVE community for this error. We take full responsibility for any confusion and mistrust caused by our initial assessment of the situation.

After reviewing our assessment of the information on which these allegations were based and having spoken repeatedly with everyone involved, it’s now clear that our initial actions were based on unsubstantiated assumptions. While we were motivated by a desire to protect the working relationship between the CSM and the EVE Development Team with all due speed, had we taken the time to review the information with greater scrutiny, this incident could have been resolved without the disruption that has since occurred.

We aim to make it up to all concerned. Right now, we are in the process of restoring access to the EVE Online accounts of all three affected players, returning any confiscated assets and providing rectification as appropriate. We will work to set this right and will be making changes to our procedures and policies to ensure this kind of situation does not reoccur.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you'd like to discuss this devblog, please feel free to do so in this forum thread.

imagine a computer game company being this retarded

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Loky11 posted:

imagine a computer game company being this retarded

Thanks to CCP I don't have to.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

CainFortea posted:

Ahaha, they're gonna back track on a dude everyone knows drat well did it

Its not what you know, its what you can prove. In this case apparently that was "loving nothing".

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

sheepdemon posted:

Its not what you know, its what you can prove. In this case apparently that was "loving nothing".

Oh, I know. They should have just banned him and shut the gently caress up about it. Announcing anything was dumb as gently caress.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

CainFortea posted:

Oh, I know. They should have just banned him and shut the gently caress up about it. Announcing anything was dumb as gently caress.

Actually yes. They should post that the guy hosed up the rules and is getting banned from a video game. Going apeshit and throwing words like NDA on the web can seriously damage someones real life career. Many companies check for online interactions these days and since CSM members go public it was a pretty lovely move. Beyond that I don't really plan to do much outside laughing about today's drama.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

sheepdemon posted:

It isn't even about what you can prove. It's about what you're willing to pay to prove. For CCP's legal team, apparently that was less than the average contents of one's couch cushions.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

evilweasel posted:

you gotta post killmails when you post things like this :mad:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/76350737/

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Rutibex posted:

Hmm... I have half a titan worth of isk and an aversion to grinding. Never gotten into reactions before because the expense. How alt/account intensive is it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Resting Lich Face posted:

Hmm... I have half a titan worth of isk and an aversion to grinding. Never gotten into reactions before because the expense. How alt/account intensive is it?

its quite alt intensive since it's basically industry; you need one alt per ten reaction slots. however, it's easy to inject up the alts and it doesn't take much time actually using them, like 4 minutes per cycle (which can be anything from a week to a month usually). you can also trivially train every alt you already have into a reactions char.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I assume they must be omega, right?

I liked PI but it was either too little money to bother or too much effort to bother depending on what I was doing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I assume they must be omega, right?

I liked PI but it was either too little money to bother or too much effort to bother depending on what I was doing.

Yep, must be omega. Basically all of the effort is just maintaining buy orders for your inputs and sell orders for your outputs.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Hmm... With PLEX skyrocketing it might be a bad time to get into something alt intensive then. What can I do with say 50 reaction slots?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hmm... With PLEX skyrocketing it might be a bad time to get into something alt intensive then. What can I do with say 50 reaction slots?

That's plenty to do some reactions with. If you stick to high-end stuff you're probably going to run out of capital before slots.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Alright I think I'll look into this more. Wouldn't mind an actual income. Mostly just incursion when I need to bump my sec back up but otherwise do nothing because grinding makes me want to kill myself.

Hope I don't have to mine to make it profitable because lolol that poo poo ain't happening.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alright I think I'll look into this more. Wouldn't mind an actual income. Mostly just incursion when I need to bump my sec back up but otherwise do nothing because grinding makes me want to kill myself.

Hope I don't have to mine to make it profitable because lolol that poo poo ain't happening.

lol no. you buy your raws in jita and/or 1dq.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Not an eve goon so i'd prob setup in a wormhole.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Not an eve goon so i'd prob setup in a wormhole.

oh, then its substantially more work because you have to buy your own inferior refinery, do all your own hauling, do all your own defense, etc and is probably not worth it. it is worth it for people who can place orders on their jita alt, pay someone to teleport it to 1dq and use our perfect refinery that is...unlikely to be attacked...then teleport the finished products back to jita.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ya it's radakos

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

evilweasel posted:

oh, then its substantially more work because you have to buy your own inferior refinery, do all your own hauling, do all your own defense, etc and is probably not worth it. it is worth it for people who can place orders on their jita alt, pay someone to teleport it to 1dq and use our perfect refinery that is...unlikely to be attacked...then teleport the finished products back to jita.

Ah drat I need indexes? Well I assume horde has a good refinery somewhere.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ah drat I need indexes? Well I assume horde has a good refinery somewhere.

you don't need indexes you'd need a refinery. if you're in horde they might have one you can use. using your own refinery in a wormhole is a good way to get blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BookaT
May 29, 2003

I am looking to possibly come back this weekend. Talked to Cowwarrior and it seems he hasn't played in awhile. Is there a need for a logistics/mining operation? Trying to avoid major PVP on this next run.