Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When i watched the trailer on my phone i thought the doctor guy with Ann was Joker and the new feature was you disguised yourself as a doctor and asked the girls creepy medical questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

man hard pass on this after watching the trailer

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I can't wait to watch a LP of this when it comes out because i'm sure as hell not wasting another 150 hours to play through it again.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Radish posted:

Haru getting some sort of earlier plot beats. They had to have Naoto show up occasionally in P4 to give her eventually party joining a little more back ground. Haru shows up so late she doesn't get enough focus.

One way they could introduce her earlier is to start her social link around the third dungeon (maybe Makoto ropes you into helping out one of her classmates, and that's how they introduce her).

Then they could have her social link stall out around Rank 3 (like they did with Sojiro) until she joins you and you finish the fifth palace. They might have to rewrite it a bit to account for a certain development after that palace, but that should be doable. Doing her link early would just grant you benefits with her garden; things like Baton Pass wouldn't unlock until she actually joins. This would also have the quality-of-life side benefit of letting you use Baton Pass with her in the palace.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Baton Pass should be unlocked for everybody from the start tbh

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
If Persona 5 S turns put to be a Switch port of the base game, then that'd be the dumbest thing. An objectively superior version of the game being announced right next to a lesser version?

The people who only have a PS4 should be so mad if they get shafted like that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

If Persona 5 S turns put to be a Switch port of the base game, then that'd be the dumbest thing. An objectively superior version of the game being announced right next to a lesser version?

The people who only have a PS4 should be so mad if they get shafted like that.

Why are the PS4 owners getting shafted?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a joke

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

wouldn't it be the Switch owners in that case

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
the joke is the new additions are bad

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

it went woosh past my head like a persona

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You mean a Stand, right?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Any idea if we'll be able to upgrade the base game if we already have it for ps4?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Any idea if we'll be able to upgrade the base game if we already have it for ps4?

no but there will be a small discount of 10%

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Ninth Layer posted:

lol

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
English subbed trailer seems to confirm they have Plans for Akechi.

So that'll be fun : /

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
One day Philemon and Gnarly will return.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This part of the game where Morgana is a moody idiot for no reason sure is fun and not stupid and especially not keeping me from hearing the bopping palace theme.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Baton Pass should be unlocked for everybody from the start tbh

I'd like it if Atlus stopped locking combat maneuvers behind social links in general. It was novel the first time but now it's worn out it's welcome.

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day Philemon and Gnarly will return.
I want Nanashi and Belladonna to come back. The velvet room has felt empty without them there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like the idea of all the Confidants having like gameplay effects, but it leads to several just not being worthwhile at all to pursue. Like, Iwai, Chihaya, and Ohya are all just kinda useless.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Chiaya is amazing though? Maybe not to Rank 10, can't recall everything she gave you, but her main thing is basically free Confidant points.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

This part of the game where Morgana is a moody idiot for no reason sure is fun and not stupid and especially not keeping me from hearing the bopping palace theme.

he has a very good reason but it doesn't make that sequence any more tolerable

i'm no fan of teddie but at least he had the grace to get his existential crisis over with in the span of one bossfight

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Chihaya is OP.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah Chihaya is one of the best confidants in the whole game.

Ohya though is 100% worthless

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Ohya increases your ability to be stylish as hell in a fight, which I think we can all agree is the main draw of P5.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Random question, but do you get the 'special' Christmas scene if you've dated just two or three girls or does it need to be everyone available? I just realised I never saw it in my last playthrough and I'm not sure why.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I'm really hoping that P5R changes a lot of the bad and wonky writing from P5, including the awful gay duo, but I'm kinda scared of getting my hopes up... :ohdear:

Also human Morgana is both adorable and filling me with unease!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Booky posted:

I'm really hoping that P5R changes a lot of the bad and wonky writing from P5

Bad news awaits you in the P5 thread

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

yeah i'd honestly not get your hopes up on this

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Motto posted:

Chiaya is amazing though? Maybe not to Rank 10, can't recall everything she gave you, but her main thing is basically free Confidant points.

I saved her for last and was about 5 days short of maxing everyone as a result. If I'd got her first I think I would have got max links with time to spare.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

I saved her for last and was about 5 days short of maxing everyone as a result. If I'd got her first I think I would have got max links with time to spare.

I followed a day-by-day guide for the first like month and a half of the game, but then I figured I could handle it from there and except for like, two problem links, I had everyone else maxed out with a full month to spare

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

its staggering that i remember so little of the confidants that i really liked in P5

like I liked hifumi cause she's cool and i want her in the party but i recall her s-link being a lame downer

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Merilan posted:

its staggering that i remember so little of the confidants that i really liked in P5

like I liked hifumi cause she's cool and i want her in the party but i recall her s-link being a lame downer

Oh god this reminds me, gently caress P5R actually, when the game first came out I was talking about how rad Hifumi was and my friend told me she was originally planned to be a party member but they cut it and I was mad about that, but now they added a party member that isn't Hifumi? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan come on

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh god this reminds me, gently caress P5R actually, when the game first came out I was talking about how rad Hifumi was and my friend told me she was originally planned to be a party member but they cut it and I was mad about that, but now they added a party member that isn't Hifumi? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan come on

RIGHT?? I'm mad on balance about that

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
IIRC, Hifumi was based off a character design for a party member in the really early stages. They just ended up repurposing that design for another Confidant.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
There's something hilarious about P5R being all "well last time we couldn't think of a personality for Haru or anything for Ann to do after dungeon 2 that wasn't be sexually harassed, and now that we have a second pass to change that here's another girl instead."

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

There's actually very few party members I like more than Hifumi, the list might just be Makoto and Futaba? Haru is close because she has a cool axe and grenade launcher, but if Hifumi had those same weapons I'd rather have her, she's VERY rad. I was going to say you could easily just relegate Ann or Yusuke or Haru to a confidant and have the game not be affected almost at all, but then I realized how sad that statement is considering that's half of the game's party members.

...would the game even be that much different if the party was just MC/Futaba/Makoto/Ryuji? MAYBE Morgana?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Supersonic Shine posted:

IIRC, Hifumi was based off a character design for a party member in the really early stages. They just ended up repurposing that design for another Confidant.

Yeah turning her into a party member like she was meant to be would mean altering Makoto since that idea of a strategist character got folded into her.

Though some people might think that's not a bad idea.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PuddiCure/status/1121060258837946368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I just hope that the extra content means we get more Haru. I really like her but she joins so late there isn't much interaction.