Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's a rolled up piece of salami :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I'm the sad lonely piece of bacon.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
un bacon s'il vous plaît

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Flatbread pizza for breakfast.

The light one is crab rangoon: Cream cheese/garlic/ginger base with imitation crab, mozzarella/provelone blend, green onions, wonton chips, and sweet chili sauce.
The other one is bbq chicken: Tomato basil sauce, grilled chicken, bacon crumbles, red onion, red bell pepper, banana peppers, mozzarella/provelone blend, and bbq sauce.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
No pic but a salad with grilled seabass, feta, olives, and a honey/mustard/lemon dressing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Flatbread pizza for breakfast.

The light one is crab rangoon: Cream cheese/garlic/ginger base with imitation crab, mozzarella/provelone blend, green onions, wonton chips, and sweet chili sauce.
The other one is bbq chicken: Tomato basil sauce, grilled chicken, bacon crumbles, red onion, red bell pepper, banana peppers, mozzarella/provelone blend, and bbq sauce.

When you say imitation crab do you mean like the solid seafood mix or like a vegetarian thing?

Cause I'm interested in trying that either way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seafood. The vegetarian imitation doesn't have the right fake crab flavor to taste like a crab rangoon. :D

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I made crab rangoon pizza like that before. I extremely overdid it on the garlic but it was heart-clogging, artery-slamming goodness.

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj4tkKp.jpg][/img]

made some strawberry limeade + cucumber lime agua fresca

cooked some chorizo + white onions down, added hella eggs, queso fresco, raw red onions at the end, & topped w/cilantro

heated some tortillas on the burner real quick & had a nice mexican breakfast for dinner

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Made another Thai red curry dish because we had a few peppers, pineapple and couple chicken breasts to use up. Plus we had left over white rice already made.

One cutting board, one pot meal.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

atothesquiz posted:

Made another Thai red curry dish because we had a few peppers, pineapple and couple chicken breasts to use up. Plus we had left over white rice already made.

One cutting board, one pot meal.

Looks good. Love me some curry.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Resting Lich Face posted:

Looks good. Love me some curry.

So good, so easy. Off the top of my head it's just 2Tbps of red curry paste and a bit of oil, ~12 ounces of coconut milk/cream (added 6Tbsp at time), hand full of sliced chicken, 1 or 2 tsp of fish sauce and palm sugar (or white sugar), few lime leaves tossed in, and any random crunch veggie or fruit you want. Done in 10 minutes.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

atothesquiz posted:

So good, so easy. Off the top of my head it's just 2Tbps of red curry paste and a bit of oil, ~12 ounces of coconut milk/cream (added 6Tbsp at time), hand full of sliced chicken, 1 or 2 tsp of fish sauce and palm sugar (or white sugar), few lime leaves tossed in, and any random crunch veggie or fruit you want. Done in 10 minutes.

Crack the coconut cream first, it adds 5 minutes but really improves the flavor.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ideally you want a nice pile of Thai Basil to go in that too, I use about a cup when I do it. Bamboo shoots are my favorite in it, but bell peppers are nice too.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Crack the coconut cream first, it adds 5 minutes but really improves the flavor.

I didn't know that was a thing but I'm doing it next time I make curry.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Resting Lich Face posted:

I didn't know that was a thing but I'm doing it next time I make curry.

Me neither, and same.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Sorry do you mean like open the container and let it air?

e: thanks I'll check it out.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 25, 2019

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Sorry do you mean like open the container and let it air?

google "crack coconut milk" and you'll get hits explaining it. Looks to be "scoop the hardened cream part onto a pan, sizzle until oil separates, then add curry paste to fry in that".

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Potato leek soup:

Simple red pie, hadn't made pizza in a while:

My favorite home pizza combo, pesto, mozza, and grilled chicken:

Mini fucker for the Mrs:

I only make my mac and cheese once or twice a year, it was requested for Easter:

Obligatory sous chef shot:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
That Mac and Cheese looks astounding

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

That bow tie looks astounding

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I essentially do this when I add the coconut a few tablespoons at a time. I wait till the oil breaks on low/medium low and then add a bit more, stir, oil break, meat and leaves, stir, coconut, oil break, fish sauce and sugar, stir, up it to medium high heat, add remaining coconut and then add fruits and veggies and cook till desired consistency. Pour in to two bowls, top with basil and usually sliced hot peppers (didn't have any on hand).

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Dwaeji bulgogi :kimchi:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

That Mac and Cheese looks astounding

Normally i like to get better browning on the top, or give it some breadcrumb, bacon, or bashed up gold fish crackers, but it was the last thing on the table and people were getting hungry.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If you fry up the curry paste in hot coconut oil would you be accomplishing the same thing, or does this do something else?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

That Works posted:

If you fry up the curry paste in hot coconut oil would you be accomplishing the same thing, or does this do something else?

that's the next step

1) crack the coconut cream
2) add curry paste, fry until it changes color
3) add the rest of the coconut milk, fry until it changes color
4) add your ingredients and stuff
5) balance with palm sugar, tamarind, lime juice, fish sauce, and salt. taste constantly.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Got eggs and leftover veggies?

Why not egg foo young?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I’ve been really influenced lately by the way they cook at the restaurant I work at. Lots of local, seasonal vegetables, and an ethos of using every part of the buffalo, so to speak. So I made spaghetti with rainbow carrots and easter egg radishes, crispy king trumpet mushrooms, and a pesto of carrot tops, radish greens and walnuts.

prayer group fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 26, 2019

Lots Of Pain
Apr 22, 2019
Harissa Pork Loin Chops with Fennel & Parsley Salad.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

prayer group posted:

I’ve been really influenced lately by the way they cook at the restaurant I work at. Lots of local, seasonal vegetables, and an ethos of using every part of the buffalo, so to speak. So I made spaghetti with rainbow carrots and easter egg radishes, crispy king trumpet mushrooms, and a pesto of carrot tops, radish greens and walnuts.

this looks delicious and I don't even like carrot or radish all that much :eyepop:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I didn't think I liked them for most of my life either! Turns out the small, sweet ones that are in season right now (if you're in the northern hemisphere) are a whole other thing. Saute with garlic and lots of butter, deglaze with white wine.

Lots Of Pain
Apr 22, 2019

prayer group posted:

I didn't think I liked them for most of my life either! Turns out the small, sweet ones that are in season right now (if you're in the northern hemisphere) are a whole other thing. Saute with garlic and lots of butter, deglaze with white wine.

I must try this..in all my life I have never thought off ,or ever seen anyone cook Radishes. I have watched lots of cookery programs..

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iku7cnIplEg

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Lots Of Pain posted:

I must try this..in all my life I have never thought off ,or ever seen anyone cook Radishes. I have watched lots of cookery programs..

Simple roasted radishes with olive oil, salt, and pepper are great too. If the greens get too mature they grow little needles which arent fun. They are also super easy to grow yourself.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Super simple but I haven't made these in a while and I forgot how much I like the saltiness.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I would make onigiri/sushi all the drat time if I could ever get the seasoning right. It always ends up being way too sugary or way too vinegary.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Pork chop, ajvar, & spinich salad

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Kenji's pan pizza with pepperoni, shroom, onion and lots of cheese

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Not exactly dinner.. had some leftover tomatillo, jalapeno, and ghost pepper salsa... so I added some heavy cream and epazote, fried some tortilla chips and used some leftover refried beans and pork to make chilaquiles... hangover=cured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Baked tofu, chickpea, and spinach curry.

Really tofu two ways, as part of my block didn't press out well enough to hold up to being tossed, so I minced it and stirred it in with the chickpeas.