Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ryde posted:

I was honestly hoping for the comedy option of Musk reading an analysis of Buffet's investing strategy and how he used insurance float and thinking "I can do that!"

i mean, he may also have done that, there's no reason there has to be only one stupid cause for this stupid announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Why take a deposit once for a product you'll never deliver when you could take a deposit every month for a product you'll never deliver? Can you imagine how long it would take to get paid if you filed a claim under Tesla insurance? If you got paid at all

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Tesla revealed earlier this month that it delivered about 63,000 vehicles to customers in the first three months of 2019 — a 31% drop compared to the prior quarter, and the single largest decline Tesla has ever reported.

Lmao elong said they were going to deliver 400k cars this year.

quote:

An analyst on Wednesday's earnings call referred to quarterly reports as a "distraction" that pulls people's attention away from Tesla's leadership and dominance in the electric car market.

Musk laughed and said, obviously, he would "prefer we were private."

maybe they could perhaps secure some funding to take the company private

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
given spacex cap raise woes, I doubt he actually wishes they were private

he just wishes he didn’t have to give reports or be subject to government oversight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
700 million dollar loss and revenue down almost 40%. lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol it’s going to be full-on book cooking by next quarter

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lancemantis posted:

given spacex cap raise woes, I doubt he actually wishes they were private

he just wishes he didn’t have to give reports or be subject to government oversight

Yeah, I know he got all huffy when NASA told him "No, you can't do a propulsive landing. Use parachutes." on the Dragon test.

One explosion later and whoever made that call has the smuggest loving grin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Lmao elong said they were going to deliver 400k cars this year.

no, he said make 400k cars. just gotta find a lot of empty parking lots to put em in while they wait for fsd to be ready so they can start printing money

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I thought official Elon bullshit guidance was 500k now?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

no, he said make 400k cars. just gotta find a lot of empty parking lots to put em in while they wait for fsd to be ready so they can start printing money

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1098080063801585664

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Can we get a smoka consult on what ‘Ol Musky’s animutar “means”?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

im not smoka, but i think i have pretty good "handle" on all the different ways you can interpret an anime avatar and can offer a pretty definitive analysis of musks avatar and what it means:

it means he wants to gently caress children, op

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

im not smoka, but i think i have pretty good "handle" on all the different ways you can interpret an anime avatar and can offer a pretty definitive analysis of musks avatar and what it means:

it means he wants to gently caress children, op

:ohdear:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

christ, what an rear end in a top hat

:buttfame:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Elon Musk and his ilk are loving immature assholes.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Schadenboner posted:

it is edward elric, the protagonist of fullmetal alchemist. i don't know what it means because i don't watch anime.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

fullmetal alchemist is #4 on the list of most popular anime on myanimelist, so it sounds like exactly the sort of thing you'd pick if you wanted everyone to think you were hip and cool and into japanese child cartoons but had never actually seen any.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
you sick gently caress

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

gently caress, lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

graph posted:

Might as well have just thrown the money into a lithium battery fi- oh lol

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

elonward "clyde" elric is a plucky young alchemist with custom autopilot that needs maintenance after every twitter battle. he and his younger brother kimbalphonso ("al") attempted the forbidden weed joke buyout and saw the door to delivery hell, located in thailand (sus). clyde gained phenomenal founder powers over tesla incorporated, but in equal exchange, the shortseller enrichment commission's unfair reactions badly maimed him, and al lost his board seat on chipotle mexican grill entirely; clyde quickly sealed al's soul into a nearby plaid-and-stetson-clad scarecrow. now the two brothers roam the corporate landscape and seek the ultimate truth behind big oil itself.

new episodes of fullflannel alchemist air 8pm/7c only on twitter

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

aardvaard posted:

it is edward elric, the protagonist of fullmetal alchemist. i don't know what it means because i don't watch anime.

the guy that voiced edward just recently got outed as a serial sex pest that did stuff like give his number to underaged girls

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Grace Baiting posted:

elonward "clyde" elric is a plucky young alchemist with custom autopilot that needs maintenance after every twitter battle. he and his younger brother kimbalphonso ("al") attempted the forbidden weed joke buyout and saw the door to delivery hell, located in thailand (sus). clyde gained phenomenal founder powers over tesla incorporated, but in equal exchange, the shortseller enrichment commission's unfair reactions badly maimed him, and al lost his board seat on chipotle mexican grill entirely; clyde quickly sealed al's soul into a nearby plaid-and-stetson-clad scarecrow. now the two brothers roam the corporate landscape and seek the ultimate truth behind big oil itself.

new episodes of fullflannel alchemist air 8pm/7c only on twitter

I don't understand any of this and I feel, like, pretty cool with that

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think they used to have that on after the good cartoons on Sunday/Monday Adult Swim (which to say the western ones excepting Space Ghost Coast To Coast which was Teh Monky Cheez poo poo)?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Schadenboner posted:

I think they used to have that on after the good cartoons on Sunday/Monday Adult Swim (which to say the western ones excepting Space Ghost Coast To Coast which was Teh Monky Cheez poo poo)?

Yeah but Busta rhymes was a guest once so that's cool

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

edward and his robot brother are the focus of a lot of incest fic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Platystemon posted:

Elon Musk and his ilk are loving immature assholes.

simple, to the point, and 100% true.

mystes
May 31, 2006

aardvaard posted:

fullmetal alchemist is #4 on the list of most popular anime on myanimelist, so it sounds like exactly the sort of thing you'd pick if you wanted everyone to think you were hip and cool and into japanese child cartoons but had never actually seen any.
Nah, he's just a weeb.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Pinterest Mom posted:

edward and his robot brother are the focus of a lot of incest fic

thanks for your in-depth reporting on the subject

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

posting anime

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
no papa

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Schadenboner posted:

(which to say the western ones excepting Space Ghost Coast To Coast which was Teh Monky Cheez poo poo)?
mods?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

After Banks posted that thing about him being a down's syndrome looking motherfucker I can't unsee it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

where’s that guy that posts trump tweets in response to garbage when you need him