Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's weird to act as if people with heavy influence in the series aren't responsible for bad things on any level. Literally no one here has ever acted like without him persona would be perfect but he's clearly been a bad influence which isn't a controversial thing to say at all I don't think??

Don't pretend like people here haven't been doing mental gymnastics trying to reason that P3P was evidence that all of the series problems rested solely on the hands of this one person. The issue is much larger and far-reaching than just "one bad seed" in the company and the idea that his departure was going to cause a total sea-change in the social politics reflected in the SMT series as a whole was dumb as hell.

If you're gonna try and argue that he isn't someone who people have obsessively focused their anger on and used as a figurehead to personify everything they don't like about the subtext of the Persona series, I think one look at the thread title would tell a different story

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Yeah, I too choose to try and beat down anyone wishing the bad poo poo was gone over a fairly normal assumption to make rather than also wishing the bad poo poo was gone

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Don't worry P5 Royale will be better when the guy who retired already stops working on the games

I didn't even bring this guy up and have no idea who he is

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Don't pretend like people here haven't been doing mental gymnastics trying to reason that P3P was evidence that all of the series problems rested solely on the hands of this one person. The issue is much larger and far-reaching than just "one bad seed" in the company and the idea that his departure was going to cause a total sea-change in the social politics reflected in the SMT series as a whole was dumb as hell.

If you're gonna try and argue that he isn't someone who people have obsessively focused their anger on and used as a figurehead to personify everything they don't like about the subtext of the Persona series, I think one look at the thread title would tell a different story

IMO, he's bad. and it's good that he's gone. Cheers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CJ posted:

Well he's the only one i know of who wears a black and blue striped spiral costume.

Oh poo poo

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The more Akechi the better, I say. The best character deserves the most screentime.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Akechi is a cop.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

We hate the cops.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The more Akechi the better, I say. The best character deserves the most screentime.

:chloe:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Found a version of the trailer with subtitles. Long answer short, the only new info is 1) Akechi’s speech at the beginning is him specifically saying that he doesn’t want pity and 2) a lot of talk about granting wishes at the end and the Phantom Thieves being against it.

So I think we can stop freaking out about Wakaba apparently being alive and the apparent Human Morgana given how that kind of plot usually ends.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Geostomp posted:

Found a version of the trailer with subtitles. Long answer short, the only new info is 1) Akechi’s speech at the beginning is him specifically saying that he doesn’t want pity and 2) a lot of talk about granting wishes at the end and the Phantom Thieves being against it.

So I think we can stop freaking out about Wakaba apparently being alive and the apparent Human Morgana given how that kind of plot usually ends.

boyband morgana would make considerably more sense if it was pure wish fulfillment on his part

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Making jokes about sexual harassment isn't exclusive to Japan.

Yeah but doing it with catboys is. It's not, everywhere is awful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I won't be getting this until I see some consensus on reviews, but if it gives the localization a 2nd attempt, that's good. If it fixes the pacing issues, that's good. If it nails the ending, that's good too.

There's plenty of positives to see from this version of the game, but if it's trying to be Golden it needs to fix all of its previous problems in a serious way.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
You’ll be happier if you don’t hold out any hope that they’re going to so much as consider changes to the localization.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, there will realistically be the minimum changes to facilitate the new story stuff ie. redoing some of the dungeon line since the dungeons have changed with the grappling hook and obviously everything with the new characters and new trimester.

Everything else probably stays exactly as it was on the original release.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We're doing it again. Except this time with P5S. In 6 hours there will be a stream hosted on Nicovideo and Periscope.

Nicovideo day 2
https://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv319206782

Persona PR Twitter (they should pin a Periscope stream)
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou

If you have Nicovideo premium ($5. Cheap) You can watch an early 30 minutes. About 8:45am eastern (though really closer to 9am) there will be a trailer played for P5S along with p5s.jp being updated.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
P5S is switch only right?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't even have a platform listed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I hope they don't cut my favourite text conversations in The Royal.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Macaluso posted:

I hope P5R changes Makoto's story so that she doesn't want to be a cop
:yeah:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Director-kun is bad and it's good that he's gone but it's a folly to assume that just because he's gone, that they will remove the annoying japanese sexual humor jokes.

And that's my hot take.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's weird that people have a problem with Makoto wanting to become a cop given that the game's message was to participate in society to be the change you want to see.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kurtofan posted:

P5S is switch only right?
:yeah:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

CJ posted:

It's weird that people have a problem with Makoto wanting to become a cop given that the game's message was to participate in society to be the change you want to see.

No you see, there are no good cops. Not even in a fictional setting.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

CJ posted:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Krillin is a great cop, partially because any attempt to knife him in the showers would end in a lot of broken knives, and trying to harass his loved ones would end in said loved ones killing said harasser with a flick.

Payoffs don't work either since Krillin has little want for Earthly goods and if 18 is going to commit crimes for free stuff she will just commit the crime herself.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mulderman posted:

No you see, there are no good cops. Not even in a fictional setting.

For people who actually believe this, what is your solution? If you don’t think someone who has a good moral code and heart, who wants to improve policing practices would make a good cop, what do you want instead? No law enforcement at all?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

CJ posted:

For people who actually believe this, what is your solution? If you don’t think someone who has a good moral code and heart, who wants to improve policing practices would make a good cop, what do you want instead? No law enforcement at all?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The persona 5 thread is not where we counter internet memes with in depth discussion over social problems

Well....it shouldn't be, at least.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
move the persona 5 thread to c-spam immediately

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Makoto was my favorite out of all the main characters and the only thing I’d want changed about her is for her persona to stay a motorcycle even after it evolves. It was cool that it took on such a distinct form, but then it just goes and turns into another humanoid.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Bakeneko posted:

Makoto was my favorite out of all the main characters and the only thing I’d want changed about her is for her persona to stay a motorcycle even after it evolves. It was cool that it took on such a distinct form, but then it just goes and turns into another humanoid.

Letting Anat transform like the Autobot she obviously is would fix everything.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CJ posted:

You can't drive out corruption like that from within as a normal rear end cop. If she wanted to change the police she'd be better off trying for a political career and campaigning for lasting societal changes.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Terper posted:

You can't drive out corruption like that from within as a normal rear end cop. If she wanted to change the police she'd be better off trying for a political career and campaigning for lasting societal changes.

Well she wanted to be police commissioner, not a beat cop.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Terper posted:

You do remember that she’s a teenage girl and that the father she idolized was, by all indications, one of the most upstanding cops possible, right? Her plan to reform the system from within is naively optimistic, but she does have its heart in the right place. She makes no excuse for what the cops do and their corruption only makes her more determined to fix them by rising as high as possible to do it.

Also remember the that she has some very personal experience with how dangerous organized criminals can be in Japan. Her father was murdered by a gang he was investigating and she herself was nearly sold into prostitution in her recruitment mission. She has a personal grudge against men like them and knows that a force to oppose them on a large scale is needed.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 25, 2019

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Shinjobi posted:

The persona 5 thread is not where we counter internet memes with in depth discussion over social problems

Well....it shouldn't be, at least.

I’m not gonna lie, this feels like a really hollow statement to make considering Persona 5 itself revolves around social corruption.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I just hope that new track is released soon. It is fire.

Also I wanna point out Futaba's All Out Attack. It's like one frame in the vid.

Ouch. Also:

Oraora

:blastu: :love:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bakeneko posted:

I simply want it to transform back into a motorcycle sometimes.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Almost time.

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1121351939352973313