Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Reallycoolname posted:

Patience! Good animes take time.

which series is this?

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1095389166911684609

secret society spreads

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/Setzeri/status/1103171965249040384

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Since this thread decided to momentarily rise from the dead: volume 8 of the Yurucamp manga is scheduled to be released on April 26th for anyone who can read Japanese (the text is relatively simple and I highly recommend it if you're learning).

el dorito posted:

which series is this?

It's a panel from Yurucamp volume 7. Wherein Nadeshiko finally takes a solo camping trip (or so she thinks).

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 7, 2019

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Reallycoolname posted:

It's a panel from Yurucamp volume 7.

ah, thanks, I thought it was from a completely different manga

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I didn’t know Aoi and Nadeshiko shared the same birthday

https://twitter.com/laidbackcampen/status/1102582817303588864?s=21

also, aoi’s nendo is now out for pre-order, apparently it’ll come with a couple of extras including a relaxing soak in some hot springs

but she also comes with a hat that can accommodate her powerful eyebrows

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

even with just her hair is funny this rules

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

i love that it comes with her Liar face, for when she's being a Liar

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

:yeah:

NO :gonk:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Dogging == hounding.

Get your mind out of the gutter. :argh:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/yamaha_bike/status/1103762795575701504

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I like her Vino better. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Semi-related and probably already discussed long ago but I recently had the opportunity to play (and then immediately buy my own copy of) the Yurucamp-styled One Night Werewolf game. It has adorable little pixel-art versions of the characters on the role cards and has a sweet Yurucamp "Who spilled our breakfast curry?" story in lieu of the standard "who is a murderous wolfman?" It is one of the most board (?) card (??) games I have ever played and I bring it with me everywhere in hopes of playing it more. Unfortunately the instructions and cards are only available in Japanese to my knowledge but once you memorize which is which and the basics it is quick and easy to play.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I like her Vino better. :(

I like her long hair better.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

hambeef posted:

i love that it comes with her Liar face, for when she's being a Liar

I'm trying to resist but I may just cave and order all of the Yuru Camp Nendos.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
If you go to the official sites for Yurucamp and Yorimoi these pop up:

(it's already Monday in Japan.)

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

C.M. Kruger posted:

If you go to the official sites for Yurucamp and Yorimoi these pop up:

(it's already Monday in Japan.)

That switchup works way too well.

Subtuna
Dec 30, 2008
It's time to get comfy again
https://twitter.com/yurucamp_anime/status/1120975675815383041

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Winter is still...so far away...

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Hi, Yurucamp thread! I liked Yurucamp. It was fun. I decided after thinking it'd be fun to repaint my car a different color, it'd be too expensive - but maybe I could DIY my scooter. It's a Honda Elite 110, and not exactly the same style as the Yamaha Vino from the show, but I can definitely color-match enough to make it work!

I posted this photo about 12ish hours before season 2 was announced, so I think I invoked it into being. Alchemy isn't that hard, you just need some Rustoleum and elbow grease.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

MJP posted:

I posted this photo about 12ish hours before season 2 was announced, so I think I invoked it into being. Alchemy isn't that hard, you just need some Rustoleum and elbow grease.

Good work!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

having never ridden a scooter in my life your work is alchemy to me, good job

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That's badass and I'm excited to see the final product!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Very nice!

and I can't loving wait for more Yurucamp :toot:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of really want the narrator seiyuu to be replaced by Kenyu Horiuchi for season 2 for some odd reason

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Merilan posted:

having never ridden a scooter in my life your work is alchemy to me, good job

Scooters are fun as hell. If you get a chance to try one out, do so.

It's not done yet - still gotta put down final coats of turquoise, give it like 6 hours to dry, wet sand to smooth it out, then bust out the coveralls and organic vapor respirator to put down automotive clear coats.

I tried smoothing out my trunk's slight textured surface with XTC-3D but either it was past the shelf life date or I got the mix ratio wrong, and it just never wanted to cure, so I bombed it out with flat black. I ordered a replacement trunk that has a turquoise gloss top half, so if it matches close enough we're good - otherwise I'll paint that too, and whatever happens the lower half is getting painted the same white as the one here so it's a nice color AND texture match (the white parts are all textured thermoplastic).

I even pre-ordered the official Yurucamp side bags. I have side bags already but they're black, not a match to the scooter.

The worst part, I don't even like camping.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Got into this series because my wota friends kept singing Shiny Days at karaoke and spinning it at their DJ nights, breaking UOs and laying down orange penlights during the chorus to simulate a campfire, complete with cups of currymen and marshmallows. One even posted a video of himself and his friends breaking mega UOs with marshmallows on them at Asaka’s concert at AB last year.

It seemed super cute, so I dusted off my Crunchyroll account and binged it earlier this year. Wasn’t a mistake. Then Cruchy marathoned it on Twitch a couple months back and I caught a couple go arounds of the series because it was so comf.

Got me interested in possibly going camping, and I asked my cousin if I could join him in his next outing at Lake George, but that won’t be for a couple of months, and I still need to get a bunch of gear for myself. And money I’m spending on gear is money I’m not spending on merch, like the Nadeshiko nesoberis I’m seeing on eBay. Holding out for a Rin or an Ena or Inuyama one though.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 25, 2019

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I live in a great country for camping (New Zealand) but I haven't broken the barrier of daytrips even though I reasonably like hiking and walking to relatively accessible great nature spots, it feels like quite the jump to go from one to another really

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I camped a whole bunch when I was in Girl Guides and yurucamp made me super nostalgic for it but, how do you camp without a responsible leader present :ohdear:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just ring up your lush of a teacher and you're golden

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good job, campers

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1121844683125211136?s=19

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The news dropped just as I did a four day trip to Mammoth Cave. I consider it auspicious.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Hopefully they'll release the US Blu Rays before the 2nd season starts.

Crunchyroll, get to it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Shimarin repaint of my scooter has completed successfully!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Wow that looks amazing, good job! I like the... matte finish? You've got on it, it's not a usual look I associate with scooters

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That insanely owns

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Great job! And nice to see another Jersey ADTRW goon.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Merilan posted:

Wow that looks amazing, good job! I like the... matte finish? You've got on it, it's not a usual look I associate with scooters

That's the clear coat having been wet sanded from 600 to 2500 grit. I've got compound and polish coming from Amazon tomorrow, which will buff everything but the inner parts + passenger step covers to a gloss sheen (hopefully).

kidcoelacanth posted:

That insanely owns

Thank you! It's the end result of a thought process that started out as "I should sell my car, take the fun money I've saved up, take out a loan and buy a lightly used BMW" to "I shouldn't spend my money foolishly, maybe I should repaint my car a fun color" to "Wow, painting a car costs HOW much? Maybe I'll have my scooter painted, Shimarin's color scheme is nifty" to "They want HOW much to paint a freaking SCOOTER?! Screw it, I bet I could do this myself!"

I've got the official Yurucamp side luggage bags on preorder to complete the look. They drop in July, but until then I'm OK with the old Prima bags.

Agronox posted:

Great job! And nice to see another Jersey ADTRW goon.

Garden STATE babyyyyyy
Union here, where you at?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MJP posted:

Garden STATE babyyyyyy
Union here, where you at?

JC!

Actually, I just moved out today. They wanted to jack up the rent a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Magnificent.