Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Hopefully there won't be too much Exclusive Rooster Teeth Network Content and they can continue doing what they do as is
Well how do they handle Funhaus? I'd think there's sufficient autonomy involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just like that this builds connections for them in the entertainment industry and probably a boost to income because that has been my primary worry for the guys since the breakup

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't believe WB now owns Castle SuperBeast and that Woolie is the next Green Lantern

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Rooster Teeth still allowed to badmouth WB films? I know Funhaus is but

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Grouchio posted:

Is Rooster Teeth still allowed to badmouth WB films? I know Funhaus is but

They'll just do an awkward ad-spot on the podcast, then make fun of it later when the movie bombs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Does Pat legally have to like Superman now?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Neo_Crimson posted:

They'll just do an awkward ad-spot on the podcast, then make fun of it later when the movie bombs.

god Fallout 76 ad-reads in hindsight are hilarious

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Was it rooster teeth that had some dumbass complain about Jeff Gerstmann giving Fallout 4 a bad review while wearing a pip-boy?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

god Fallout 76 ad-reads in hindsight are hilarious

Those were great because you could tell they knew but couldn't talk poo poo until the game was out and bombed horribly. Like I could almost feel Pat getting giddy with anticipation as its release approached.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Andrast posted:

Was it rooster teeth that had some dumbass complain about Jeff Gerstmann giving Fallout 4 a bad review while wearing a pip-boy?

Correcto. I want to say Pat called it out at the time.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Andrast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhEh4oy9YE

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

At least Matt got picked up by the dumpster.

But for real I wonder how he feels hearing about stuff like that.

E: I have no interest in MK11 as the gore is just too much for me, but not seeing Matt/Pat/Woolie all playing it together is the first time I've really felt the SBF channel being gone

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 24, 2019

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pat and Woolie will cameo in Red Vs Blue and it will be the weirdest poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie's girlfriend will play Master Chief in Halo 7

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I want Woolie to do an MK11 Story Mode thing because I don't see myself buying the game any time soon, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think Matt is kinda happy to fly solo and work on Videogame Stuff nowadays, he seemed to be the one that got hit the most with Digital Influencer Fatigue other than Liam.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want Pat to star on Filmhaus

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It means that Billy will have to play the role of Gavin during rehearsals.

Though tbh I don't really know what it means. The boys probably get more money, RT links to their stuff and get revenue somehow? More crossovers?

Probably means that Barbara and Trevor- that lanky Jack Skellington looking motherfucker- Will probably start peppering themselves in their videos every so often.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Still laughing that they roosterteeth is in collab with a guy who had a massive shitfest over how he hated rwby

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Rwby sucks so i don't see an issue

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dias posted:

I want Woolie to do an MK11 Story Mode thing because I don't see myself buying the game any time soon, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think Matt is kinda happy to fly solo and work on Videogame Stuff nowadays, he seemed to be the one that got hit the most with Digital Influencer Fatigue other than Liam.

If you want a MK11 story mode lp, Maximilian Dood and his friends are doing one. It feels similar to best friends material imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat already streamed all of the story mode.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
minh is terrible.......this guy is so dumb

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

minh is terrible.......this guy is so dumb

yeah it rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Farg posted:

yeah it rules

hes the guy that watches lets plays and pretends they were his own experiences when discussing games.......i dont believe for a second that he has played sekiro

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
pat is a dude who reads a wiki page then speaks as if he's the authority on the subject. being an idiot is a job requirement

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Marin Karin posted:

pat is a dude who reads a wiki page then speaks as if he's the authority on the subject. being an idiot is a job requirement

minh is pat without any self awareness....pat at least couches his idiocy in exclamations of it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i can see why woolie hangs out with him because he makes woolie look like a genius

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What’s the whole deal
With that game Matt was working on/producing/whatever? Has anyone actually played it or given impressions on it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Warbird posted:

What’s the whole deal
With that game Matt was working on/producing/whatever? Has anyone actually played it or given impressions on it?

The Takeover? All the impressions I've seen have been positive so far

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Woolie signing to Rooster Teeth makes sense, Pat less so, seeing as it implies signing on for work that takes more effort than vomiting nonsense into a mic, but who knows what's actually going to be expected of either of them.

Warbird posted:

What’s the whole deal

The Takeover? It exists, it's been on early access for a while and there are console ports that are done and in the queue with a publisher.

It's okay, very much modelled after Streets of Rage. It's not amazing, especially visually, but it's a cut above the usual indie trash, I suppose.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bold of Matt to release The Takeover the same week as Avengers: Endgame

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Takeover? All the impressions I've seen have been positive so far

I seem to remember something about the dev that's working on it having a history of loving off randomly mid development when they get bored of the game, but I can't remember what kickstarter game it was they worked on before.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nalesh posted:

I seem to remember something about the dev that's working on it having a history of loving off randomly mid development when they get bored of the game, but I can't remember what kickstarter game it was they worked on before.

It was 90s Arcade Racer and that seems to be Nicalis' fault - nobody knows exactly what happened but it's been suggested that Nicalis basically strongarmed the game away from the dev by saddling the project with extraneous expenses and then forcing him to sell the game to them outright in order to get them off his back.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nicalis is such a lovely publisher.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nicalis basically built their whole studio on a half assed console port of the original masterpiece solo dev indie game (cave story) so im willing to believe any negative stories about them bc im still mad about their lovely soundtrack remixes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

scary ghost dog posted:

nicalis basically built their whole studio on a half assed console port of the original masterpiece solo dev indie game (cave story) so im willing to believe any negative stories about them bc im still mad about their lovely soundtrack remixes

They built their whole studio on a half-assed console port of Cave Story and then basically strong-armed the game away from Pixel to the point where he doesn't even like talking about it anymore. gently caress 'em. :argh:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vandar posted:

They built their whole studio on a half-assed console port of Cave Story and then basically strong-armed the game away from Pixel to the point where he doesn't even like talking about it anymore. gently caress 'em. :argh:

kero blaster is better anyway

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat/clip/UnusualCrispyShieldFunRun?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
RoosterTeeth paid millions for this

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Worth every penny. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I like RWBY