Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I like them because they are kind of like the non-white-power rednecks - if you're nice to them they are nice to you with no questions. You don't have to be a mudding expert or know the lyrics to whatever ICP's most well known song is, but if you express an interest in it you're "in".

Yeah, basically a redneck's final form is either a neo-nazi or a juggalo. Depends on what they're holding when you trade them.

Tubgoat posted:

PHUO: Whatever being first penned the line "Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips" ought to be brought before the most violent drug cartel in business and presented as the "leader in efforts to legalise marijuana federally in the United States."

Shush girl. Shut your lips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People that care about circumcision, at all, are always super weird.

Also, your weird gentile dicks look like gross dog dicks. I’m glad I got mine turned normal and godly before I could remember.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
My first exposure to The Doors was Break On Through to the Other Side, so I mean, they're not wrong??

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This isn't an opinion, it's a fact

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

phuo: The President of the United States should never bow to the Queen of England (or any future monarch,) but the Queen should be allowed to inject "PAY YOUR TAXES BITCH" into every conversation.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Guitar solos loving suck. Nothing ruins a song or takes me out of the moment quicker than basically grinding to a halt in the middle of it so the guitarist can jerk off about how good he is at guitar.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Songs shouldn't have bridges.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im gone for three days and the thread moves on to circumcision

shut the gently caress up smegma sucks and no man should have to deal with it

Shibawanko posted:

Songs shouldn't have bridges.

Yeah, I hear that London's bridges keep falling down.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate New York City

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hate New York City

:yeah:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Guitar solos loving suck. Nothing ruins a song or takes me out of the moment quicker than basically grinding to a halt in the middle of it so the guitarist can jerk off about how good he is at guitar.

Conversely , vocalists shouldn't shout, hum, or otherwise make noise during a badass solo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
All guitar solos should be introduced by the vocalist going “GUITAR!”

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
No one should sing or play guitar while the song is playing imo

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

guitar solos are actually good because it takes the spotlight from the vocalist who's singing the whole time

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Only drummers and bassists should get solos

gently caress off keyboard

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Music actually sucks

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Henchman of Santa posted:

All guitar solos should be introduced by the vocalist going “GUITAR!”

Dick Valentine sometimes also will shout SOLO!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A nice, short solo in the middle of a song can be great but I have a zero tolerance policy on noodling and wankery. Guitar "virtuoso" music is literally the worst poo poo on the planet.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

veni veni veni posted:

A nice, short solo in the middle of a song can be great but I have a zero tolerance policy on noodling and wankery. Guitar "virtuoso" music is literally the worst poo poo on the planet.

This, so very much.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They should just yell INTERMISSION and turn down the volume on the guitarist and every gets a drink or takes a piss while they gently caress around.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

people who think guitar solos are bad are just upset because they aren't as good at guitar playing :smug:

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

phuo: people who have children or are over the age of 40 should not be allowed to purchase a motorcycle unless they have 1000 hours of previous experience and can write a loving dissertation on what signs and arrows mean

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Guitars aren't good instruments.

They're fine as background noise or as accompaniment to an actually good instrument or vocals, but guitar solos, and music primarily based around guitars, is bad. There are a few exceptions, particular examples of guitar music that are actually decent, but basically any other instrument is better. Aside from banjos and ukuleles, which should be banned on penalty of death.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
A natural, uncomplicated childbirth is a gruesome sci-fi horror, and it only gets worse from there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

Guitars aren't good instruments.

They're fine as background noise or as accompaniment to an actually good instrument or vocals, but guitar solos, and music primarily based around guitars, is bad. There are a few exceptions, particular examples of guitar music that are actually decent, but basically any other instrument is better. Aside from banjos and ukuleles, which should be banned on penalty of death.

no

Tubgoat posted:

A natural, uncomplicated childbirth is a gruesome sci-fi horror, and it only gets worse from there.

I think everyone could agree on this, except women who can not feel pain

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

baby's on fire is a banger and it's just one big guitar solo

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Guitar solos are actually the best.

Dad rock is the best genre of music.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tubgoat posted:

Either your tolerance for blood is incredibly low, or you haven't seen an actual natural and uncomplicated childbirth.

hawowanlawow posted:

baby's on fire is a banger and it's just one big guitar solo

Presuming you mean the Brian Eno song. The solo serves the song though which is Good, rather than being an intermission, like most solos, which is Bad.

Also, it's Robert Fripp, who is Ace.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Elissimpark posted:

Either your tolerance for blood is incredibly low, or you haven't seen an actual natural and uncomplicated childbirth.

But poop!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anyone who thinks guitar solos arent cool hasnt heard maggot brain

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

But that falls under rockin guitar solos and not wanky guitar solos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh wait the actual song maggot brain. Yeah I guess it’s pretty wanky lol. Good album though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Elissimpark posted:

A broad swells up and becomes increasingly cranky and helpless for close to a year until such a time as a shitload of unsexy goo comes rushing out of her followed by a super tiny, super loud human larva comes bursting from her junk, and it's attached by a grody flesh-straw to her so ya gotta cut that and tie it off and there's blood and poo poo and piss and other various and sundry filthy wet stuff slopping all around and THEN the financial consequences really start to pile on.

Unless I'm deeply misunderstanding human reproduction.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tubgoat posted:

A broad swells up and becomes increasingly cranky and helpless for close to a year until such a time as a shitload of unsexy goo comes rushing out of her followed by a super tiny, super loud human larva comes bursting from her junk, and it's attached by a grody flesh-straw to her so ya gotta cut that and tie it off and there's blood and poo poo and piss and other various and sundry filthy wet stuff slopping all around and THEN the financial consequences really start to pile on.

Just lol if you aren't just fertilising the pile of eggs your brood wife laid in the breeding chamber.

Seriously though, having been there for the births of both my daughters, it's not that messy. Though imagining the end of Akira as a maternity scene is kinda amusing.

Luckily, my wife must have been built for pregnancy. No crazy and she was working and active til very close to due dates. Just a weird craving for sour flavours with the first (vinegar went in EVERYTHING) and coffee with the second.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

"super loud human larva" is a fun way to say "i'm 13 years old and i hate babies because its cool"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Narrator voice: They were

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People who willfully point out "i'd pay more to take a plane/train/go to a restaurant if I didn't have to hear other people's children" are amusing, you were a child once too and you were also probably a little poo poo

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

spit on my clit posted:

"super loud human larva" is a fun way to say "i'm 13 years old and i hate babies because its cool"

"Rolly poly, chubby cheeked little poo poo machine" was a fun description too.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Every song written before 2000 is not necessarily about rape.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JollyBoyJohn posted:

People who willfully point out "i'd pay more to take a plane/train/go to a restaurant if I didn't have to hear other people's children" are amusing, you were a child once too and you were also probably a little poo poo

I was a teenager once too, doesn’t mean I like hanging out where teenagers hang out.

There’s plenty of cinemas for example that now have at least some adults-only showings and child-friendly showings and you can enjoy that without being a full on “how dare these crotschspawn enjoy a marvel movie!” douchelord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's like shopping at Target.

You pay slightly more for the sightly better experience. And that experience is not having to see the dirty, dirty Poors that shop at Walmart.