Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I just assumed he could multiply the iron or make the molecules expand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

his stand - which is also made out of iron - grows around tiny natural bits of iron, like nucleation sites.

When he dies the stand-created iron is destroyed too, restoring the normal iron to its original configuration (hence why killing him causes the asphyxiation to stop).

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
well you see doppio has normal human blood but the boss has only iron and no blood

this is a normal symptom of multiple personality disorder which is actually based on real life

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

truly the boss is an iron-blooded orphan

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

GimmickMan posted:

truly the boss is an iron-blooded orphan

He certainly seems to have raised the flags of more than a few posters in this thread.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Get in the loving White Album, Narancia

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Remember when Joseph’s wrist was sliced open and he only had a minute to live and then he was fine?
Chalk it up to natural advanced hamon healing I guess

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Remember when Joseph literally came back from the dead with a blood transfusion

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It was really good blood

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

remember when avdol was disintegrated except just his arms by a vampire hellorb demon and he was mostly fine the next episode as far as I remember

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

comedyblissoption posted:

remember when avdol was disintegrated except just his arms by a vampire hellorb demon and he was mostly fine the next episode as far as I remember

Am I missing a joke because I don't get it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, between ASB and EoH, only Bruno's group (plus Trish and minus Abbacchio) and THE BOSS are playable characters.

I'd like to see a moveset for Moody Blues, but he doesn't really do anything beyond punching and kicking a little bit. What would his ultimate attack even be? Turning into Abbacchio and choking you a little bit?

Set him up like Bedman from Guilty Gear. The Moody Blues choke would be his grab. The ultimate is the stomping.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I don't think this would be spoilers, but if it is obviously don't answer:

In the PS2 Vento Aureo game, how the gently caress do they do King Crimson's powers? Like in a fighting game they do little cutscene-attacks for ults, and if I remember, his dodge is just him "teleporting" out of the way, like a sidestep. But that wouldn't work in a non-fighting game.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

In the PS2 Vento Aureo game, how the gently caress do they do King Crimson's powers? Like in a fighting game they do little cutscene-attacks for ults, and if I remember, his dodge is just him "teleporting" out of the way, like a sidestep. But that wouldn't work in a non-fighting game.

The first time you see King Crimson in the game his power is to make the Boss teleport around randomly and every in level the Boss appears in after that King Crimson just makes the game slow down to the point that you can't react in any real way to whatever happens.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 23, 2019

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got a random request: does anybody have any JJBA-themed mobile wallpapers? Preferably ones framed for an iPhone X? It doesn’t have to be Vento Aureo-specific, either.

Thanks!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I just realized why Spice Girl would be an awesome stand to have irl: no matter what mattress you sleep on, you can make it the exact firmness you prefer. You don't even need a mattress.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Now do Garfield

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shaggy and Mista both know Ultra Instinct, checks out

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

in eyes of heaven on ps4 i believe using king crimson makes everything "non canon" until you either attack someone or time runs out, so you can't take damage or be targeted, and epitaph is a short-range counter

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

:five:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If you ignore Epitaph, it seems like King Crimson is a worse version of The World. Especially if you're fighting someone who is aware of what you can do, like how Bruno escapes from The Boss on that zipper.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 25, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If you ignore Epitaph, it seems like King Crimson is a worse version of The World. Especially if you're fighting someone who is aware of what you can do, like how Bruno escapes from The Boss on that zipper.

Epitaph is what makes it potentially more dangerous than The World. And due to it I would say the boss could beat DIO.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The boss couldn't even instant kill Bruno, he absolutely could not handle DIO regenerating, stopping time, and then knocking his god drat head off.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

sirtommygunn posted:

The boss couldn't even instant kill Bruno, he absolutely could not handle DIO regenerating, stopping time, and then knocking his god drat head off.

King crimson just gets to erase the time stops, its a pretty hard counter.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If the Boss knew that Dio was a vampire then he would probably go straight for the head assuming that King Crimson is capable of obliterating it in one punch

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

All space stand users get one get out of death free card. Just the rules, even The Boss has to live with them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sirtommygunn posted:

Well the issue is that he would see it coming each time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He'd see that his mind is too fast for eyes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Star Platinum busted DIO's skull open.
It's a pretty fair assumption that any close range power stand can bust a skull given time and opportunity, even if Splatnum is like the best stand in universe.

If you can punch clean through a dudes sternum, you can probably bust his skull.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't look at this until you finish the episode, obviously.

Abbacchio: With my last breath, I curse Giorno!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

AnEdgelord posted:

King crimson just gets to erase the time stops, its a pretty hard counter.

That only works if King Crimson can activate before The World. Which given how Dio typically yells ZA WARUDO before activating it, might actually work.

A better counter would be Bites the Dust. Doesn't matter how long you can pause time for if the whole day resets.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SpartanIvy posted:

That only works if King Crimson can activate before The World. Which given how Dio typically yells ZA WARUDO before activating it, might actually work.

A better counter would be Bites the Dust. Doesn't matter how long you can pause time for if the whole day resets.

BTD only works if you don't know who Kira is though, iirc

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Xad posted:

BTD only works if you don't know who Kira is though, iirc

You have it backwards. It can only be placed on someone who does know who Kira is (and presumably is not a Stand user themselves). That's why he tried to tell the nurse his real identity.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But he tried to use BtD to send himself back in time at the end, so he can apparently use its effect while it's on his own body. Or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yes, he tried to use it on the nurse so telling her would blow him back in time. Killer Queen appearing beside Kira rather than in the nurse's eye is probably just supposed to look cooler for a final shot

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SpartanIvy posted:

King Crimson would activate before the World. Cause of the Boss's precognition.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I missed out on Bites The Dust requiring a third party to work the first time I read the manga and thought he just wanted to tell the nurse about that time he got a boner. I prefer than version of events, honestly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be fair, it is a pretty good story.

Also, kind of funny that his whole motivation for being a murderer is that his parents probably never gave him The Talk properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

metallica manga leitmotif
https://youtu.be/d6g-h4wg5t0
(covers today's episode)