Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I doubt he'd actually move somewhere in the south because he loves snow. Despite being a climate change denier, he's a huge meteorology enthusiast, and that's what he was going to school for before dropping out because math is hard. Yes, he wanted to go to be a meteorologist while ignoring the American Meteorological Society's stance on climate. And yet he's not an anti-vaxxer, so he believes in science when it comes to vaccines because his wife is a nurse. But climate scientists specifically are definitely tricking people for their own profit?

He's definitely all-in on the Republican propaganda, but rather than being an outright racist, he's just a tribalist. In all aspects of life - politics, sports, video games, TV, etc, the things that he likes are the correct things, and anyone who likes other things or disagrees with him are wrong. He's in his 30s and still goes back and forth with his friends calling each other gay, and the 'insulting' nicknames for the football teams he doesn't like are mostly based on calling them girl names, like "The Dallas Cowgirls." But my favorite is the "Jokes (Jets)", because he has to clarify that he's talking about the Jets since the name is so pointless and uncreative.

He's been talking about moving to NH, where I live. No sales tax and no income tax along with it being the reddest state in the northeast has him salivating. But the violently high property tax would ensure that he'll single out the Democrats in state government saying it's their fault and complain about it anyway. The worst was when he wanted to move here and become a police officer. I was prepared to call/write to all of the local PDs warning them that if they hired this guy I would feel less safe in those communities. I think he failed out of the police training too though.

I also love that the other day he was complaining a former friend won't talk to him because he votes Republican. I really wanted to say, "Yes, it's definitely because you vote Republican, and certainly not because you're constantly filling your Facebook feed with insulting and hateful memes about everyone who doesn't."

Sorry for the long posts, I know I've spent way too much energy thinking about this guy, but I also know that calling him out on his poo poo accomplishes nothing. This thread has taught me not to touch the poop, even within my own FB feed, and his ignorance is just really irking me lately thanks to the whole Trumpist climate and I knew this thread could relate moreso than anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dude, sever.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
He's just a college friend? :lol: :sever:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Hahaha yeah severing is going to happen. I only kept him around this long because it was amusing to me to keep reporting him and getting him bans. But even that isn't worth it anymore.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

He's definitely one of the voters responsible for electing that loud rear end in a top hat first selectman of Trumbull.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Uncle Ulty posted:

Freep-adjacent, but one of the Chuds I went to college with just posted again on Facebook that he's upset with the taxes in Connecticut and wants to move. He has 2 autistic kids and is a stay-at-home dad while his wife works as a nurse. He says he wants to move to, "A red state. Someplace that has good jobs, good schools, and good services for autism."

Sooo he wants to move somewhere that has low taxes and also the things that taxes pay for.

He also wants to move to a red state where all of those things are usually in decline

Uncle Ulty posted:

Future Freeper description

Sounds like a dude that peaked in high school and is trying to cling to that for the remainder of his life, to be quite honest. Give him 20 years and he'll be posting on freep about how his wife divorced him, took the kids, and none of the family want to see him anymore because he's "Too in the real for the libs" while he leaches off social services that he claims to hate

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 25, 2019

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lmao my dad is a climate change denier and he’s a MIT educated meteorologist. Makes no sense.

“The Earth has been hotter before and it was fine”
“Actually we are about to enter a global cooling”

Fuckin hell dad

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lmao my dad is a climate change denier and he’s a MIT educated meteorologist. Makes no sense.

“The Earth has been hotter before and it was fine”
“Actually we are about to enter a global cooling”

Fuckin hell dad

Just because you were taught something doesn't mean you understand it.
Remember, Noah's ark had two of every animal that repopulated the earth, but we all know inbreeding within a few generations starts to show some really nasty after effects. Some people realize this makes the ark thing bunk, others go on not even thinking about it

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also, a lot of people will go "it's been hotter/colder before" and ignore that "the earth" or "life" surviving was accompanied by massive changes, including mass extinctions. Life surviving, or even humanity surviving, is cool comfort for however many millions or billions of currently-living people suffer or die as the climate changes.

After a tornado you would never say "well yeah your kid died, but the town will be rebuilt!"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, a lot of people will go "it's been hotter/colder before" and ignore that "the earth" or "life" surviving was accompanied by massive changes, including mass extinctions. Life surviving, or even humanity surviving, is cool comfort for however many millions or billions of currently-living people suffer or die as the climate changes.

After a tornado you would never say "well yeah your kid died, but the town will be rebuilt!"

I mean you might if you're a complete rear end in a top hat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Its a solid argument to shut down "The earth is going to turn into Venus!" but not a good argument for "mankind will survive! the earth was much hotter before millions of years before humans evolved!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

Just because you were taught something doesn't mean you understand it.
Remember, Noah's ark had two of every animal that repopulated the earth, but we all know inbreeding within a few generations starts to show some really nasty after effects. Some people realize this makes the ark thing bunk, others go on not even thinking about it

They have an explanation it's just dumb.

Either
a) God planned the flood so He took care of the inbreeding problem with another miracle
or
b) Yes everyone and everything did suffer genetic weaknesses from inbreeding that's why we don't all live to six hundred anymore, duh

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Freep and Children: a play in two acts

Hillcrest H.S. student shown in racist photo suspended [SC]

We reported on Tuesday that Hillcrest High School's administration was investigating the post showing a girl holding what appears to be a rifle in her left hand and in her right hand a poster with a racial slur targeting African Americans written in large letters reading, "We hang ******* for free."

quote:

To: buckalfa
If she didn’t actually threaten anyone—isn’t it her constitutional right to be a racist and a jerk?

5 posted on 5/1/2019, 2:39:34 PM by AnalogReigns
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Do we now go through training to know what is racist and who the guilty are? Are we going to jump at every word and shut down free speech? Are you only going to monitor and stifle one side and let the liberals go with whatever?

Since when can biased humans be capable of deciding anything!!!

6 posted on 5/1/2019, 2:39:43 PM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

Strange times and stranger we’re living in.

Let unvetted and unassimable illegal aliens with no skills into the country in droves, treat them like citizens (or better), and give them enough welfare benes to be middle class.

Treat native born citizens with contempt and expect them to be perfect citizens their entire lives if they want to get any kind of employment.

13 posted on 5/1/2019, 2:47:29 PM by Catmom (We're all gonna get the punishment only some of us deserve.r)

quote:

She didn’t do this on school property or during school hours. Hopefully her family has the means to legally pursue the school’s administrators. Sounds like she has a case.

20 posted on 5/1/2019, 2:50:45 PM by akalinin

quote:

This wasn’t done at the school but on social media. No threats were directed at the school or at any student.

Stupid kids have a 1st amendment right to post stupid stuff.

The school messed up big time.

33 posted on 5/1/2019, 3:12:36 PM by sergeantdave (Teach a man to fish and he'll steal your gear and sell it)

Omaha's First United Methodist confirmation class declines to join church over LGBTQ rules

The confirmation class at First United Methodist Church in Omaha wanted to take a stand against the denomination’s longtime ban on same-sex marriage and gay clergy.

So when it came time to join the church on Sunday — the traditional end to a yearlong exploration of their faith — the class, made up of eight middle-schoolers, said no.

quote:

To: Morgana
If one of them had been MY middle schooler, a trip to the woodshed would have been in order.

5 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:15:55 PM by RatRipper

quote:

Eight young wolves who will not be joining the flock.

10 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:22:16 PM by P-Marlowe (Freep mail me if you want to be on my Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitar Ping List)

quote:

Nice to see middle-schoolers taking a stance for Sodomy. Too bad they’ve never picked a bible.

11 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:22:30 PM by fieldmarshaldj (BUTTGIGGITY ! It's an anal thing. You wouldn't understand.)

quote:

Virtue signaling can be so ugly. It’s the epitome of pride, a deadly sin.

22 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:52:01 PM by fwdude (Think about it: Blacks were made slaves in Africa, but were made free men in America.)

quote:

Good riddance; they don’t know the Bible, and they don’t know Jesus.

25 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:58:26 PM by Steve_Seattle

quote:

Ok then, burn in hell. Along with the adult who lead you down this path.

32 posted on 5/1/2019, 5:22:21 PM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up. ....)

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I love how Freep is down with defending speech that incites violence, but only when it’s against blacks or other minorities. If it was against Trump? To the pitchforks! Get them fired! Call the secret service!

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I mean, I've seen a lot of poo poo on Freep that's probably worse overall, but there's just something haunting about an ostensibly Christian person just casually and gleefully telling a middle schooler to burn in hell for being pro-gay marriage.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I mean, I've seen a lot of poo poo on Freep that's probably worse overall, but there's just something haunting about an ostensibly Christian person just casually and gleefully telling a middle schooler to burn in hell for being pro-gay marriage.

It's particularly weird because you specifically you wouldn't go to hell for that. Being against a secular law or for it is almost explicitly not a sin.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*girl literally holds rifle and sign saying she's going to murder black people*

"Okay but she didn't actually threaten anyone!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Threatening an individual: Not fine.
Threatening a group of people: Fine.
Threatening my group of people: Worst thing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

Threatening an individual: Not fine.
Threatening a group of people: Fine.

Remember when this was literally a rule in D&D?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

If she didn’t actually threaten anyone—isn’t it her constitutional right to be a racist and a jerk?

5 posted on 5/1/2019, 2:39:34 PM by AnalogReigns

As much as it is to be gay, Mexican, Muslim, trans, or atheist.

And now she's facing the consequences of being a racist shitheel. Free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

I would bet ever cent to my name that every one of those freepers would demand jail time and send death threats if it was a minority or any other of their "hated people that exist list" calling Trump a motherfucker....oh wait, they already did

quote:

Nice to see middle-schoolers taking a stance for Sodomy. Too bad they’ve never picked a bible.

11 posted on 5/1/2019, 4:22:30 PM by fieldmarshaldj (BUTTGIGGITY ! It's an anal thing. You wouldn't understand.)

Just like you, Naziwannabedj

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 2, 2019

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep is having a 100+ post meltdown because the cdc said hey maybe stop washing your chicken in the sink and get germs everywhere.

Of course it's mostly I'll keep washing it out of spite I've never been sick!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3746614/posts

There's also a few good 'you have to wash your chicken to get rid of all the brown people spit poop urine... Etc' but more racist of course

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 3, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Plinkey posted:

Freep is having a 100+ post meltdown because the cdc said hey maybe stop washing your chicken in the sink and get germs everywhere.

Of course it's mostly I'll keep washing it out of spite I've never been sick!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3746614/posts

There's also a few good 'you have to wash your chicken to get rid of all the brown people spit poop urine... Etc' but more racist of course

About 1/3 agree with not washing chicken so that’s kinda interesting

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I genuinely did not know that washing chicken was a thing. Do they wash other meats? Like, do they rinse off a steak before taking it to the grill?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
who the gently caress washes chicken

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It was a thing back in the day when you bought whole chickens that weren't factory processed, so they might have some feathers left on, blood probably some dirt too.

It's completely useless now because the processing line are probably cleaner than most people's kitchen.

My grandpa used to wash his chicken, because he grew up buying them from local farmers, not the grocery store. Of course this was like the 40s and 50s.

E: kinda like how my aunt won't put something like a big Tupperware of hot soup in the fridge before it cools down... It might bring down the temp too much and ruin other food, which hasn't been a thing for probably 30+ years but old habits die hard.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Keeshhound posted:

I genuinely did not know that washing chicken was a thing. Do they wash other meats? Like, do they rinse off a steak before taking it to the grill?

I rinse off steaks after salting them for an hour before cooking. That's definitely a thing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

They aren't talking about dry brining though, just rinsing it in the sink. Ps if your meat is slimy throw it out.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Isn't that just when you make home made pink slime for easy chicken nuggets and stuff?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
From The Affluent Woman Falls Into a New Gender Gap

quote:

To: Kaslin
You are transported to a different planet populated by creatures morphologically similar to humans on Earth.

But there’s one yuuuge difference:

The dominant thinking there is MASCULISM, the idea that the men there can’t fully self-actualize if they are stably employed. The men very frequently there socialize with other men who grimace and wince when the few among their number with jobs openly speak of the goings-on at their places of work.

“Bro, why the HELL do you have a job? When are you going to get WITH IT..?”

The females there on their computers sometimes see illicit sex movies in which the men sometmes groan and shout things like, “NO CUDDLING..!!” and begin knitting, sexual behaviors traditionally uncommon to men there.

How much do you think the females there want to date..?

Yet THAT is what we have on Earth, in reverse.

10 posted on 5/3/2019, 3:05:33 PM by gaijin

:confused:

From Mayor Pete and his 'husband': Time Magazine's first couple?

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
That’s how the gay mafia got where they are.
They just keep pushing and nobody pushes back.

So why on earth would they stop?

4 posted on 5/3/2019, 2:41:47 PM by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

...it’s a wonder they don’t have them fudge packing on the cover...

5 posted on 5/3/2019, 2:42:28 PM by Doogle (( USAF.68-73....8th TFW Ubon Thailand....never store a threat you should have eliminated)))

quote:

To: miss marmelstein
Notice how they roll up their sleeves.

6 posted on 5/3/2019, 2:42:59 PM by Lisbon1940 (No full-term Governors (at the time of election!)

quote:

I personally hate that this issue will be in our supermarket check out lane across the country........kids will see......indoctrination to the nth degree

Disgusting.....deviant......demonic!

8 posted on 5/3/2019, 2:44:27 PM by Guenevere
(this is the cover )

quote:

1. What is this “time” magazine? I didn’t think they even existed anymore.

2. We need better names for the partners in a sodomite union. Husband and wife do not fit at all. I propose “pitcher” and “catcher”

12 posted on 5/3/2019, 2:47:37 PM by John O (God Save America (Please))

quote:

Mayor Poofter Buttsludge and his husband! Oh, how sweet. Oh my, how special. They’re such a lovely couple. It’s my understanding that they’re only campaigning on two positions: missionary and doggie-style.

Now if Time could put an image of that on their cover, I might take a gander at their product. It seems, they always stop short of showing sodomy in all of it’s radiant glory!

17 posted on 5/3/2019, 3:03:18 PM by Home-of-the-lazy-dog ("Leftists will stand before you and cut off their own head just to prove that they'll do it!")

E:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The last commenter on the Time cover is definitely in the closet.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That but about expiration date makes me think Jim Rob has an incredibly insecure and non compliant database of credit card information.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

wilderthanmild posted:

That but about expiration date makes me think Jim Rob has an incredibly insecure and non compliant database of credit card information.

Yeah that's the same reaction I had and what made me post that image.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Yeah he sure sounds like he's desperate for some gay porn he has some excuse to buy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Where do I sign up for the gay mafia?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I love his sig line because that's exactly what he does to "own the libs"

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

wilderthanmild posted:

Up until last year Freep processed donations on a SHA-1 server and only upgraded to a SHA-256 server when Freepers started complaining that their browsers were refusing to connect to an insecure server. I would not be surprised if they've had multiple security breaches that they are unaware of. (Or are aware of and haven't informed anyone about them.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If they got breached there is no way they would tell anyone especially not their user base.

That's probably what happened a few times last year or the year before when the site went down for a few days and they were like sorry guys we're driving out to our physical server to fix it,everything is fine.

And it came back up missing a few weeks of posts.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Plinkey posted:

E: kinda like how my aunt won't put something like a big Tupperware of hot soup in the fridge before it cools down... It might bring down the temp too much and ruin other food, which hasn't been a thing for probably 30+ years but old habits die hard.
Wait, why wouldn't that be a thing any more? Putting hot things in your fridge warms the fridge making the appliance work harder and heats anything nearby, this might put the food into the "danger zone" and encourage bacteria growth.
Or every class I've ever taken on food handling and health inspector I've ever dealt with are just saying it out of habit?
It's also unsafe for the food itself since it will sit in the danger zone longer.
Buy your Aunt some smaller tupperware and instead of one big bowl try several small ones.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ubiquitous_ posted:

It's the freep equivalent of:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

Wait, why wouldn't that be a thing any more? Putting hot things in your fridge warms the fridge making the appliance work harder and heats anything nearby, this might put the food into the "danger zone" and encourage bacteria growth.
Or every class I've ever taken on food handling and health inspector I've ever dealt with are just saying it out of habit?
It's also unsafe for the food itself since it will sit in the danger zone longer.
Buy your Aunt some smaller tupperware and instead of one big bowl try several small ones.

The danger zone is 4+ hours at 70 degrees. You could put a hot from the oven lasagna in a modern fridge and have it chilled in less than an hour.

Edit: you might ruin some stuff, but thats unlikely. And generally you're not fridging stuff thats more than sorta warm at worst.