Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

persona 5 arena would be Team Blu and probablyu fairly epic if Persona 4 Arena is anything to go by. It would be sprites, not 3D, which is cooler.

P4A looked super fun, I was sad it never got a current gen port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the inevitable p5 fighting game is one of my most anticipated things right now so i hope its that

i'd be very surprised if they made a new sprite fighter though now that they have the xrd/dbfz/granblue tech. even most of the remaining 'sprite' FGs are just using that method but baking the sprites rather than rendering them in real time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

the inevitable p5 fighting game is one of my most anticipated things right now so i hope its that

i'd be very surprised if they made a new sprite fighter though now that they have the xrd/dbfz/granblue tech. even most of the remaining 'sprite' FGs are just using that method but baking the sprites rather than rendering them in real time

how can they reuse 90% of the assets in BBTag if it isnt sprite based tho

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i wouldn't complain if they actually made new sprites. all the bbtag ones are 720p though and look kinda rough when you put them next to the new ones for the rwby chars

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

i wouldn't complain if they actually made new sprites. all the bbtag ones are 720p though and look kinda rough when you put them next to the new ones for the rwby chars

Everything looks like poo poo compared to RWBY chars tho

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Persona 5 Stadium coming soon for the Nintendo Switch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

goferchan posted:

they look way better in bbtag than in rwby, a show that looks like a ps3 game cutscene

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

This.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

American McGay posted:

That guy recently went on a podcast and had a rant about how his game didn't do well because people don't respect games as art and his vision for the game was far too deep for them to understand. He seems cool.

Why is every one hit wonder indie game creator a little bitch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I don't know, but I'd love to talk about it for the next 15 to 20 pages, if possible.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't know, but I'd love to talk about it for the next 15 to 20 pages, if possible.

this but skip to the part where you link some of the epic dunks from your own posting catalogue

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

congrats on the kickstarter funding for your game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

this but skip to the part where you link some of the epic dunks from your own posting catalogue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao the "funny poo poo" folder

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Why are you proud of not reading something? Or perhaps you are just mindlessly repeating something you overheard at the family dinner table. Let me guess, your father was telling that classic Ritsu family tale about the time he got your mother all hopped up on goofballs, bent her over, did his best impression of throwing a hot dog down a wind tunnel, quickly rushed her down to the drug store for some Plan B, and then came that fateful line from your mother, one which will echo throughout eternity: "Not gonna read that, doo." Bet she didn't feel so smart 9 months later when she saw your mutant rear end protruding awkwardly from her money maker, the trademark vacant look in your eyes, with just the first hint of the poo poo-eating grin you would wear forever more on your ugly, clown-like face.

You are truly the matryoshka doll of posting. Every time you open up all we find is a smaller man inside, until eventually, nothing.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

i don't think that guy is a one hit anything. i'm pretty sure he is a zero hitter who emerged from a pile of spoiled milk to make one bad video game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Most indie game creators seem epic to me. Talk about a dream job.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Why are you proud of not reading something? Or perhaps you are just mindlessly repeating something you overheard at the family dinner table. Let me guess, your father was telling that classic Ritsu family tale about the time he got your mother all hopped up on goofballs, bent her over, did his best impression of throwing a hot dog down a wind tunnel, quickly rushed her down to the drug store for some Plan B, and then came that fateful line from your mother, one which will echo throughout eternity: "Not gonna read that, doo." Bet she didn't feel so smart 9 months later when she saw your mutant rear end protruding awkwardly from her money maker, the trademark vacant look in your eyes, with just the first hint of the poo poo-eating grin you would wear forever more on your ugly, clown-like face.

You are truly the matryoshka doll of posting. Every time you open up all we find is a smaller man inside, until eventually, nothing.

This is a short post with a long post's amount of work put into it. I like the format.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

persona 5 S is a musou game apparently. switch stays winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

persona 5 S is a musou game apparently. switch stays winning

Oh...well I liked hyrule warriors, so this could be cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
butt rock remakes of persona music ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Musou ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyaRQnfQ9Dg

looks cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell, I might check it out

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's weird that it's P5 specific and not just Persona series. Is there enough lore in P5 to support the content a mosou game requires?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 4 Arena had Persona 3 chars so this probably will be a mix

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dunno if there's enough characters to match up to some of the other licensed musou but there's plenty of lore

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's more than enough demons to make playable if they don't do a crossover thing

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i guess i assumed they would have some specific stand mechanic like the fighting game which would mean all the chars would have to be persona users

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Enjoy muso fans.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I would have liked the actual game also

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I would have liked the actual game also

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Good news persona 5 is already out and whatever content they add will be awful likenmarie fromnp4g. And the new persona 5 is going to be on the same drat system its already on

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I thought I bought a switch for 1100 jungle bucks and the vendor hasn't sent anything or responded to my messages. At least I got my money back but I'm making the feels guy face right now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

i dunno if there's enough characters to match up to some of the other licensed musou but there's plenty of lore

I only saw him using Arsene in the trailer but they could also give joker a bunch of different personas with different movesets for some variety. Also that trailer looks sick, hope the game's good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

i don't think that guy is a one hit anything. i'm pretty sure he is a zero hitter who emerged from a pile of spoiled milk to make one bad video game.

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Enjoy muso fans.

i wish i liked htem more. but i do like them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Good news persona 5 is already out and whatever content they add will be awful likenmarie fromnp4g. And the new persona 5 is going to be on the same drat system its already on

looks like a total remake to me cos they showed kamoshida looking completely different. i guess they rushed p5 out and t his is like the actual real version? anyway im buying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Seeing the p5s trailer makes me feel like picking up hyrule warriors