Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I want a fancy new Jigglypuff for Sword/Shield :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm hoping they focus more on Gen II stuff in upcoming games. Let's Go Togepi, Galaran Sudowoodo, Mega Girafarig...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Iron Crowned posted:

I want a fancy new Jigglypuff for Sword/Shield :colbert:

he can't be improved

and also already got the buff in gen VI

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Sword/Shield's story revolves around having to kill Arceus with a Honedge like a proper JRPG.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Sword/Shield's story revolves around having to kill Arceus with a Honedge like a proper JRPG.

That would get dangerously close to Reborn

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

less laughter posted:

he can't be improved

and also already got the buff in gen VI

Maybe when we get Poke Detroit we can get Juggalo Form Pokemon, and all these years of naming Jigglypuffs Violent J will come to fruition :allears:

EDIT:

20 years of doing that :psyduck:

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 24, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Farecoal posted:

was looking up psyduck on bulbapedia and found this in the trivia section:

:psyduck:

Should've been "Let's Go Clefairy" and "Let's Go Psyduck"

Then they throw in a dark twist around Lavender Town where it's revealed your partner is actually a Gengar/Pikachu respectively

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gripweed posted:

People don't talk enough about how great Camerupt is

This is a weird way of spelling Torkoal

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cattail Prophet posted:

This is a weird way of spelling Torkoal

The goofy crybaby always graced my team in Hoenn. Mostly because Hoenn was abysmal for Fire if you didn't pick Torchic. Ponyta got the same "prize" in the next gen.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Mega Girafarig, make Baton Pass Great Again.

Ooh, Mega Miltank, give my cow some goddamn spikes.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Gimme mega Dunsparce please and thank you.

Alternatively gimme a mega mega so I can make ssj3 jokes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why is mega exploud not a thing

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SirSamVimes posted:

why is mega exploud not a thing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mega Evolution isn't real, man. It's a myth those fat kalosian aristocrats made up to feel important.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mega Breloom but he just puts on boxing gloves.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
They've jacked the legendary catch rates way up in the newer games, haven't they? I've gone back to Heart Gold and it is so loving TEDIOUS, fuckin 50 balls in to a 1hp paralyzed Suicune who will probably end up with a lovely nature. Real fun game mechanic, this.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Butterfree
Fearow
Arbok
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Parasect
Venomoth
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Machamp
Victreebel
Tentacruel
Rapidash
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Cloyster
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Weezing
Seaking
Starmie
Tauros
Lapras
Ditto
Omastar
Kabutops
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite

Those are all the Gen 1 Pokémon that haven't received a generational upgrade (new type, evolution, mega stone, regional form, z-crystal, etc.) Well, I excluded the Eeveelutions too since they're kind of a special case. If Armor is in fact the New Thing in Gen 8, I feel like the only ones on that list that would be an obvious lock would be Nidoqueen & Nidoking. I personally think it would be really cool to see the fossils and the pathetic-but-cool fighting types like Poliwrath, Primeape, and Hitmonlee get armor as well. Honestly a lot of these Gen I pokés feel like they would fit in to a british setting–Parasect, Venomoth, Golduck, Arcanine, Rapidash, Dewgong, Cloyster, Hypno (you know why) Kingler, Weezing, Seaking, Starmie, Lapras, and Dragonite. Coincidentally, many of those would greatly benefit from a gimmicky buff item or form change.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 25, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Give Starmie a Gun.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Butterfree
Fearow
Arbok
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Parasect
Venomoth
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Machamp
Victreebel
Tentacruel
Rapidash
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Cloyster
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Weezing
Seaking
Starmie
Tauros
Lapras
Ditto
Omastar
Kabutops
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite

Those are all the Gen 1 Pokémon that haven't received a generational upgrade (new type, evolution, mega stone, regional form, z-crystal, etc.) Well, I excluded the Eeveelutions too since they're kind of a special case. If Armor is in fact the New Thing in Gen 8, I feel like the only ones on that list that would be an obvious lock would be Nidoqueen & Nidoking. I personally think it would be really cool to see the fossils and the pathetic-but-cool fighting types like Poliwrath, Primeape, and Hitmonlee get armor as well. Honestly a lot of these Gen I pokés feel like they would fit in to a british setting–Parasect, Venomoth, Golduck, Arcanine, Rapidash, Dewgong, Cloyster, Hypno (you know why) Kingler, Weezing, Seaking, Starmie, Lapras, and Dragonite. Coincidentally, many of those would greatly benefit from a gimmicky buff item or form change.

Farfetch'd and Ditto already got gimmicky buff items back in Gen 2.

Farfetch'd should get a some sort of new upgrade anyway, though. Here's an idea: instead of gaining Steel-type like most other Armored Pokemon, Armored Farfetch'd is Flying/Grass type because its armor is made of leeks. Its ability, Leek Mastery, makes all its physical moves Grass-type.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 25, 2019

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Here's a great VGC match from 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0InJy29qbE. It's the first match in the video, 15 minutes long, and it's worth watching the whole thing.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Regarding Let's Go... I keep on getting mixed advice about catching shinies. Some people say you get better odds by chaining 31 of the Pokemon you're trying to find a shiny of, as in that particular pokemon is more likely to be shiny. Other people are telling me that it doesn't matter which Pokemon you chain, any chain of 31 will raise the odds of shinies of ANY pokemon appearing.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Any Pokemon's odds will be raised but only the chained species will have 4 perfect IVs.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Limmy Fem!Trainer is the most canon thing in the entirety of Pokemon as far as I care.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What's this a reference to?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Vandar posted:

What's this a reference to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gen 8 is already proved its worth by making me watch more Limmy's Show clips.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I want there to be voice acting just so all characters have accents this thick. If I couldn’t understand what they’re saying despite supposedly sharing a language, they’re doing it right.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
There's the occasional complaint that the memes aren't doing authentic Scot right so I'm mildly afraid what Gamefreak would do and what backlash could result from it.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Poison posted:

They've jacked the legendary catch rates way up in the newer games, haven't they? I've gone back to Heart Gold and it is so loving TEDIOUS, fuckin 50 balls in to a 1hp paralyzed Suicune who will probably end up with a lovely nature. Real fun game mechanic, this.

Luck is fickle. I hucked a Dusk Ball at a full-HP Mewtwo and caught it first go yesterday. I may have stolen your random number energy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

YaketySass posted:

There's the occasional complaint that the memes aren't doing authentic Scot right so I'm mildly afraid what Gamefreak would do and what backlash could result from it.

All sheep Pokemon know Attract.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dias posted:

All sheep Pokemon know Attract.

You're thinking of the Welsh, mate.

But don't worry about it, we Scots aren't so weak and feeble like you Americans to get offended over an accent we take the piss out of all the time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everything in Galar is deep-fried, including the Rare Candies.

Especially the Rare Candies.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I'm a completionist whore and require a living dex in all the games. I'm done with Red, Blue, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Black, X, Sun, and Ultra moon. Had Omega Ruby done, then my copy was stolen. Almost done with Yellow, but trainer-fly is much more obnoxious to abuse than it was in Red/Blue thanks to Ditto being in the basement of Pokémon Mansion instead of somewhere sane.

Now I'm 173 pokemon into Gold and I want to end it. No trainer-fly, no pile duplication (only 5 at a time via PC), and the best experience is E4/Red over and over (and rival on Mondays and Wednesdays). Is post-game grinding really that dire? My level 85 Alakazam can one shot everything except Karen's Umbreon and Red's Snorlax, I've just lost count of how many times I've gone through trying to evolve everything. Dragonite and Tyranitar are going to be dire, might be faster to duplicate rare candies 5 at a time for those.

Also lol at larvitar being in Mt Silver.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 25, 2019

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah cloning 5 at a time is much faster and easier than exp grinding. I feel like getting a living dex in Gen 1 and 2 is pretty rough due to the annoying PC making it hard to check stuff, but godspeed.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
the big news of the day is that Pokémon LGPE have sold 10,630,000 copies to date :toot:

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Crosspeice posted:

Yeah cloning 5 at a time is much faster and easier than exp grinding. I feel like getting a living dex in Gen 1 and 2 is pretty rough due to the annoying PC making it hard to check stuff, but godspeed.

Cloning 5 at a time is really only tedious because it also requires releasing the clones since the PC barely has room for a living dex as is. Organizing is easy with the "move pokemon without mail" option.

Catching was easy in gen 1 with trainer-fly and mass item duping but organizing was bullshit, yeah. I'm probably going to be reliant on finding someone to trade with for the trade evolutions and Celebi and such, the bad egg glitch looks like a total pain to pull off multiple times.

Also, thanks for your LP's of Yellow and Crystal, they've helped a bunch!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I got a shiny Yvetal today. I'm pretty stoked.

I think I'm gonna start Masuda Methoding a Shinx tonight have a wonderful golden boy.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

omnibobb posted:

I got a shiny Yvetal today. I'm pretty stoked.
Nice one!

mmm, bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nidoran M and Nidoran F are paired, Miltank and Tauros are paired. What's the male Chansey?