Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RabidWeasel posted:

There's an Indo-Greek Kingdom formable!

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Well so far I like it but I may have to shelve it until I build a new PC anyways because it's unbearably janky on speed 4, even speed 3 hitches more than any other Paradox game on my rig. Not that I'm really surprised.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Paradox server must be getting hammered because I can't even log-into my account in-game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I think you can have multiple tags with the same name now. The game files clearly have two distinct "Parthia" tags, the Seleucid satrapy and the later empire, and they have different tags but are named the same.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TTBF posted:

Paradox server must be getting hammered because I can't even log-into my account in-game.

same

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

first annoyance, events about specific cities seemingly dont indicate where those cities are

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My goodness, this high profile game that released four minutes ago is experiencing a rush of log-ins.

*monocle pops off in surprise, clatters on floor*

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HYPE

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Where can I see what jobs are available? I'm doing the tutorial and tons of families are clamoring for jobs. No bootstraps in Rome seems like.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Davincie posted:

first annoyance, events about specific cities seemingly dont indicate where those cities are

lol if you dont know the location of thousands of ancient cities by memory

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zhangzhung report:

- smashed Tsang
- One general got to 0% loyalty
- countless resources expended to make him love me again
- didn't matter, Chandragupta came knocking

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any deals still out there for the game?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

canepazzo posted:

Where can I see what jobs are available? I'm doing the tutorial and tons of families are clamoring for jobs. No bootstraps in Rome seems like.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do I see how close a city is to getting the next population? I'm doing the tutorial, and Norba has a total of 16 population, how do I see how close to 17 they are?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone else getting real high GPU usage? Thing is sitting on 100% while not really doing anything.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Interesting that none of the tribes that can form Galatia seem to start out as migratory.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Anyone know if it's possible to change the state religion/culture to your rulers religion/culture? I'm rather upset by the fact that my Achaemanid ruler is converting good Ahuramazda-fearing Aryans into hellenic greeks.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Anyone else getting real high GPU usage? Thing is sitting on 100% while not really doing anything.

Well, there's a lot of Greeks in this game, they're all probably trying to castrate each other again.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is there a way to see how the Senate is voting on war declarations? Its keeps saying I'm forcing it through and giving me tyranny even though the Senate approves of inviting all my allies.

EDIT: And I immediately find it out of course. There's little hand gestures on the side of each diplomatic action.

EDIT2: And by scrolling through potential declarations against the Sabines, Samites, and Etruscans I learn that my Senate are a bunch of pussies and need to Roman the gently caress up.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I can login easily now, but this is about as far as I can get

Clicking continue does nothing, and the occasional time when I can click the play button it just closes the launcher and does nothing. I guess on the bright side I've gotten 2 cards! Not seeing anyone else having my issue on the steam forums. Cant login to the Paradox ones to check there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there any reason not to promote tribesmen if you can afford it? Related: Is there a way to easily promote tribesmen without checking every individual city?

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Very Beautiful Map - Good

Constant stutter when moving said map - Bad

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Pylons posted:

Related: Is there a way to easily promote tribesmen without checking every individual city?

I saw in a stream that you can do this in the "build armies/build buildings" tool. I've yet to install the game though so I can't be more specific.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Pylons posted:

Is there any reason not to promote tribesmen if you can afford it? Related: Is there a way to easily promote tribesmen without checking every individual city?

No unless you're a tribe in which case maybe, and yes, the macro builder thing has a conversion option.

marxismftw posted:

Very Beautiful Map - Good

Constant stutter when moving said map - Bad

I turned the graphics setting to low and turned off always face north and the stutter is nearly gone, and my PC is old af. With the settings turned down this game actually has better performance for me than EU4 does.

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 25, 2019

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

DurosKlav posted:

I can login easily now, but this is about as far as I can get

Clicking continue does nothing, and the occasional time when I can click the play button it just closes the launcher and does nothing. I guess on the bright side I've gotten 2 cards! Not seeing anyone else having my issue on the steam forums. Cant login to the Paradox ones to check there.

I had the same issue until I scrolled through to the bottom.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Did the tutorial, game seems good so far, now not sure whether to play as Carthage and be swole or some wee tribe in Caledonia or the one Hibernian tribe

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

If you liked Many A True Nerd's Crete playthrough, he also made a (Paradox endorsed) tutorial - here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUs7fa0lQg

Haven't watched yet, just going through the official one first, game is good.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

johnsonrod posted:

I had the same issue until I scrolled through to the bottom.

Ya tried that a bunch. Finally starting to see other people having the same issue now. Just have to wait for a fix, I will survive.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 25, 2019

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So. Is force limit a thing? I'm unused to this interface and can't find it.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

germanic tribal name mod uploaded:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1723187904

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I will do the same thing I did in past Paradox games, start as some tiny backwater tribe to learn the mechanics and then dive into the grand game as a major power.

So far this looks as if EU IV and CK2 had a love child. EU IV, as great as it is, felt a bit dry cause it lacked invididual characters, while CK2 was at times more of an rpg than a strategy game. Rome might be the golden road.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Randarkman posted:

So. Is force limit a thing? I'm unused to this interface and can't find it.

Nope, not yet at least. The force limit is just how much you're able to afford.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

Nope, not yet at least. The force limit is just how much you're able to afford.

*Laughs in Crassus*

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I have no idea what I'm doing. How do I get more money?

The macro builder seems a bit anemic compared to EU4. For example, there doesn't seem to be any feedback on what building a building in a particular city actually gets you. Presumably you want to build e.g. your +manpower buildings in places where it gets you the most manpower, but it's not trivial to see where those places are. Compare that with EU4, where you go into the macro builder, choose to build a barracks, and all the provinces tell you exactly how many extra men you'll get by building it there. Am I missing something?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Whelp. Guess I gotta get off my rear end and get a new GPU after running on integrated for ages after my last one died.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Cynic Jester posted:

Whelp. Guess I gotta get off my rear end and get a new GPU after running on integrated for ages after my last one died.

Yeah luckily Nvidia released a great performer if you are looking at value stuff

Just downloaded this game, time to mess around in classical times! :tipshat:

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
:mrgw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0VPfNTeHw

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I both understand why the tutorial gives you a ton of huge boosts and think its a bad idea. I played the tutorial then restarted a normal game as Rome and its a pretty dramatically different experience. The tutorial is good at teaching you at how to play the game, but it doesn't really teach you how to play the game.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Something I noticed - maybe this helps other G-sync users with the same issue.

I had screen flickering when G-sync was active on my monitor. Tried all settings, to no avail. When G-sync was off I had no problems.

Installed the latest Nvidia drivers - flickering is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The tutorial just tells you to do stuff, it doesn't explain anything. Like I did the tutorial up to where I should take over the southern part of italy and now suddenly it costs me 5 tyranny to declare a war? Why?