Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

my morning jackass posted:

Seeing the p5s trailer makes me feel like picking up hyrule warriors

Wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Not being able to play handheld Persona 5 ftl...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Not being able to play handheld Persona 5 ftl...

Actually you can easily play it through Remote Play on the PlayStation Vita (means life, look it up)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

P5 is good but every other SMT game is better.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm enjoying 5 a lot mroe than 4 so far but the second half of 4 was what i didn't really like so maybe it does it again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There are halves of P4? First I'm hearing that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u mean like the dungeons n poo poo? well true they werent very good in p4. but at least the boss battles were

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
What are some sick Switch rpgs? I already played Octopath. Considering Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (never played a vc game before) or maybe replaying TWEWY which idk how well it’s held up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

What are some sick Switch rpgs? I already played Octopath. Considering Valkyrie Chronicles 4 (never played a vc game before) or maybe replaying TWEWY which idk how well it’s held up

well, theres the final fantasy x-2 remaster .. and dragon quest 11 is supposed to be getting a switch version though who knows when thats out. and shin megmi tensei 5 is in the distant future. theres final fantasies 7 and 9 too (i recomend 9)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if you wanna play VC just play VC1 its on the eshop for 20 bucks

Xenoblade 2 is the best switch rpg thats not a port of an older game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, and theres romancing saga 2 too. forgot about that. maybe a little retro though

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

I.N.R.I posted:

well, theres the final fantasy x-2 remaster .. and dragon quest 11 is supposed to be getting a switch version though who knows when thats out. and shin megmi tensei 5 is in the distant future. theres final fantasies 7 and 9 too (i recomend 9)

I was gonna ask if you need to play X before X-2 but the remaster has both. But also XII comes out next week so I’ll probably go with that :thanks:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

story wise X will help, and it's a fun game, even if X-2 is way better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

X is really good imo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i've never played the PS2 FFs i should probably do that

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Does X have good customization team building etc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i have a clear memory of my friend printing out a big image of the sphere grid on like 20 sheets of paper in the high school computer lab and taping it together but i don't remember the purpose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah, they added a Expert option in the European version that is part of the new rereleases that gives you basically complete control over party build. idk why it's called expert, but it makes the game a lot more fun

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

i have a clear memory of my friend printing out a big image of the sphere grid on like 20 sheets of paper in the high school computer lab and taping it together but i don't remember the purpose

lol

You're pretty much locked in during the first half of the game in the original version, and after that, it becomes trivially easy to just walk around the grid using the Master Tonberry trick. I once got all the stats except luck on the grid to 255 and filled in the rest of the empty slots with HP, so the entire gang just had maxed stats. a version that's more customizable sounds fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
x isnt my fav. but the actual battle system was nice .. just the postgame was so grindy, all the characters look retarded, and all the areas are linear despite it being random encounters .. x-2 is much better. i would skip x if i hadnt already played them both

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like how X's battle system is based heavily on exploiting enemy weaknesses... it tickles the same part of my brain that Persona does in that way

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Octopath was freaking incredible for that. If only it had more postgame content...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

x isnt my fav. but the actual battle system was nice .. just the postgame was so grindy, all the characters look retarded, and all the areas are linear despite it being random encounters .. x-2 is much better. i would skip x if i hadnt already played them both

D00d, lulu and silky are HOT babes. Edit : phone changed riku to silky. Zuh?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

D00d, lulu and silky are HOT babes. Edit : phone changed riku to silky. Zuh?

lulu looks retarded but agree on rikku

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 25, 2019

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
i think i read that lulu's design literally just stemmed from nomura being a dick and wanting to make the life of the animators harder

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i liked p5 more than p4 for the music alone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

lulu looks retarded but agree on rikku

thats what makes her hot. my beautiful goth retard

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

i think i read that lulu's design literally just stemmed from nomura being a dick and wanting to make the life of the animators harder

He wanted to challenge them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

thats what makes her hot. my beautiful goth retard

u seen her face? shes the horse that the japanese wife gave birth to

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the random encounters in X get really tedious at times and the English voice acting is awful for modern standards but it’s still great.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Listening to in the flat field and juju with lulu

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

the random encounters in X get really tedious at times and the English voice acting is awful for modern standards but it’s still great.

it's funny because most of them are actually pretty good voice actors so it virtually has to be the direction

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wasnt that game the one where there was some insane technical limitation where the English voice lines had to be the exact same length as the Japanese ones

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

wasnt that game the one where there was some insane technical limitation where the English voice lines had to be the exact same length as the Japanese ones

i think so but i've only heard that here in the zone

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I only ever played the demo with my brothers back when magazines had demo discs but Tidus going “my old man?!” with really bad lip sync made us all lol for days

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"like i care!" is the best lol line IMO. you can also kind of tell that they didn't know what to do with "nani" so everyone keeps saying "y'know?" constantly after like every sentence

everyone plays the terrible laugh, but it's supposed to be terrible, stuff like where tidus yells "how could you!! HOW COULD YOU!! she was like a sister to you!!" is funnier to me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wakka saying yknow was cool, its his cool island tude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

for awhile when i wanted to call my little brother i chicken i would yell "horrrrrrrrnlesssssss!" in the ronso voice