Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Anora posted:

So the Milkshake brought all the chuds to the yard?

So THAT'S the origin story for Milkshake Duck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Oasx posted:

The Hugo awards for science fiction books had Sad puppies/Rabid puppies. It isn't exactly a "gate", but the reasons behind it are the same, namely people being bitter that non-white/non-males start producing new kinds of stories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sad_Puppies

The flaw in their plan was that "No Award" was a valid option for Hugo voters so that placed above literally every Puppy nominee and even "won" in categories where there were only Puppy nominees.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, CG thinks they have it covered. This was the "evidence" that the deposition was a lie.

https://twitter.com/AndreaCheeseca1/status/1120852830594588672

I like that this person’s account is less than a year old and has “100% CG female” in their bio. Extremely convincing...

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

choobs posted:

I like that this person’s account is less than a year old and has “100% CG female” in their bio. Extremely convincing...

Do you think people would do that? Just LIE on the internet.

Also speedrunning is having it's bout of drumming out sexpests and racists; and there's a fair amount of resistance. I don't think anyone is calling it like.. speedgate or anything though. Here's a sample: https://pastebin.com/W7aLeDcy (Yeah, it's a pastebin. that's just how they do things)

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

choobs posted:

Also "former Marxist"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

choobs posted:

There's one guy out there who goes by BlackCap27 who proudly calls himself the token black CGer. He also describes himself as 6'4, 315 pounds and built like a wrestler.* Loves calling Kwanzer's (the dude behind 'Black' and 'White) wife a "snow bunny." Pretty sure he might also not be black.

Although on subject, that account she's replying to is weird. Not only is it like a screenshot of a screenshot, ostensibly she's talking to Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press he hasn't tweeted in a year except this weird Family Circus Not Me cartoon about Trump.

*Nikolai Volkoff had the same measurements, so I do believe he looks like that.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Well.. looking at that guys twitter history, he at least doesn't hide how much of an intolerant nazi bigot he is. So, good to see that ComicsGate are now out and proud about their garbage now.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"

Dawgstar posted:

As a correction, Blackface Lawyer isn't Vic's lawyer. That's Ty Beard who started a trend amongst the Vic supporters because he tweeted "We'll be in touch" to Monica Rial and others. Ty Beard, despite having tried actual court cases unlike Nick, is on record as giving opposing counsel false documents and screwing the case up so bad he had to pay the OTHER SIDE's legal fees.

Re: Ty Beard, Jim E. Bullock, Brian Casper, Craig Daugherty and Don Harris, 12-15-00005-CV (Tex. App. 2015) if you want to see Beard be on the hook for 14K.

Wait wait wait

Nicky Blackface HASN'T ACTUALLY DONE ANY COURT CASES?????

hahahahahahahahah holy poo poo.

Principal Hellmann fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 25, 2019

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SoftNum posted:

Do you think people would do that? Just LIE on the internet.

Also speedrunning is having it's bout of drumming out sexpests and racists; and there's a fair amount of resistance.

Where do speedrunners find the time to be racists and sex pests?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Principal Hellmann posted:

Wait wait wait

Nicky Blackface HASN'T ACTUALLY DONE ANY COURT CASES?????

hahahahahahahahah holy poo poo.

Oh, yes. Look for him and you'll find not a single public decision on record. Either he's a master negotiator who always settles out of court or he's not.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

SoftNum posted:

Also speedrunning is having it's bout of drumming out sexpests and racists; and there's a fair amount of resistance. I don't think anyone is calling it like.. speedgate or anything though. Here's a sample: https://pastebin.com/W7aLeDcy (Yeah, it's a pastebin. that's just how they do things)

Doesn't this kind of thing happen after every couple GDQs?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fritz posted:

Doesn't this kind of thing happen after every couple GDQs?

Usually it's just people acting like shits at GDQ and then declaring the entire event is run by SJWs after they're politely told they won't be invited back.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jedit posted:

They're speedrunners, they can be racist and a sex pest before their feet hit the ground from their bed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1121419420323258370

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, yes. Look for him and you'll find not a single public decision on record. Either he's a master negotiator who always settles out of court or he's not.

where do I look to get this info?

because thats hilarious.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Jedit posted:

skipping consent to save time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Principal Hellmann posted:

where do I look to get this info?

because thats hilarious.

I was screencapped at the Farms posting the picture of the results talking about it in Trad Games:

It is frankly baffling how they've attached their egos to a crappy YouTube lawyer's legal prowess.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I was screencapped at the Farms posting the picture of the results talking about it in Trad Games:

It is frankly baffling how they've attached their egos to a crappy YouTube lawyer's legal prowess.

He's from a town in my home state. His office is a block away from a trailer park, and in a strip mall. The town in question has a population of about a thousand people, three liquor stores, and eight churches. That should tell you all you need to know about him and his practice.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

My reading of that MN page is 'no decisions on record' refers to him not having had any disciplinary proceedings against him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Not quite ComicsGate, more industry terribleness

https://twitter.com/AwesomeCon/status/1116778502668345349

Reminds me of when Marvel announced their partnership w/Northrop-Grumman a couple years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Recruiting at a comic-con? Are they that desperate?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's DC and there's going to be hundreds of people walking through who already have clearance. It's not the worst idea on their part. It's lovely the con is letting them, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awesome Con is a garbage tier series of cons so it's not surprising.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Rhyno posted:

Awesome Con is a garbage tier series of cons so it's not surprising.

So it's *not* awesome.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, they make it sound so nice!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Who are the NPCs in this context? I thought NPCs were what they called the SJWs.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

bessantj posted:

Who are the NPCs in this context? I thought NPCs were what they called the SJWs.

Dawgstar is the NPC, because anyone who argues leftist sentiments is a programmed non-person.

It is, of course, projection.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wanderer posted:

Dawgstar is the NPC, because anyone who argues leftist sentiments is a programmed non-person.

It is, of course, projection.

Thanks, I've let this whole NPC thing pass me by.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Regarding speedrunning a whole lot of people like to poo poo on the fact one long-time runner and announcer is a trans woman. To the point of if she runs a game Twitch will put chat into emote-only mode because that’s easier then trying to let autoban catch the slurs.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I gotta admit, I didn't think it'd be possible to come up with a term cringier than 'sheeple' but they really pulled it off.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

bessantj posted:

Thanks, I've let this whole NPC thing pass me by.

You were better off.

Seriously, it blows my mind. The idea behind the "NPC" designation is that they're accusing people of not thinking for themselves and downloading pre-programmed arguments, which means they aren't really people and can be conveniently ignored. This, from a political bloc that thinks in tweets and image macros while all using the same shallow pool of slang and congregating around a handful of political figureheads.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wanderer posted:

You were better off.

Seriously, it blows my mind. The idea behind the "NPC" designation is that they're accusing people of not thinking for themselves and downloading pre-programmed arguments, which means they aren't really people and can be conveniently ignored. This, from a political bloc that thinks in tweets and image macros while all using the same shallow pool of slang and congregating around a handful of political figureheads.

I feel like I am better off. I guess because they're willing to 'discuss' race & IQ then they feel as if they're true free thinking people rather than morons regurgitating centuries old racism.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

fritz posted:

My reading of that MN page is 'no decisions on record' refers to him not having had any disciplinary proceedings against him.

Yah, it pretty clearly says "Record of public discipline and/or disability information"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

I feel like I am better off. I guess because they're willing to 'discuss' race & IQ then they feel as if they're true free thinking people rather than morons regurgitating centuries old racism.

You should see the mental hoops they jump through to accuse people against them of stuff. Like Renfamous, who cancelled her ticket to a con that had dis-invited then RE-invited Vic Mignogna. They claim she knew it was going to happen and that planned to make a big deal out of getting her refund. That is the mental leap you must make to not be an NPC.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blackface lawyer got banned from Twitter.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Dawgstar posted:

You should see the mental hoops they jump through to accuse people against them of stuff. Like Renfamous, who cancelled her ticket to a con that had dis-invited then RE-invited Vic Mignogna. They claim she knew it was going to happen and that planned to make a big deal out of getting her refund. That is the mental leap you must make to not be an NPC.

One gater said he believed the allegations about Ren threatening to call CPS on some dude because the people accusing her of it "sounded pretty confident".

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Even if it was true, so what? Or is Renfamous so popular that her decision can cripple a con?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bessantj posted:

Even if it was true, so what? Or is Renfamous so popular that her decision can cripple a con?

We should go on twitter and ask the brilliant lawyer Nick Rekieta if that counts as defamation and tortious interference.

Oh wait, we can't.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I mean these people constantly mistake even the gentlest and smallest drift towards tolerance towards non-cishet dudes in media as a massive leftist conspiracy designed to encourage the Great Replacement of white men, so they probably do think Renfamous is a con puppetmaster yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

No, they've just built her up as CG's boogie(wo)man and it feels like the Vic supporters are even more mindless about how they go about their chud-ness than CG is.

Skwirl posted:

We should go on twitter and ask the brilliant lawyer Nick Rekieta if that counts as defamation and tortious interference.

Oh wait, we can't.

Look who got deplatformed! Any idea what he did?

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Apr 27, 2019