Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

FortMan posted:

Feona Elgrande

Ordinaire posted:

Feisty Catfish

Cabbit posted:

Aldous Dracht

Aithon posted:

Sive Muirin.

Thank's y'all, I'll probably reach out sometime tonight or this weekend so if you see something from Diethro Fureil that's this guy.

edit: Enjoy my lovely looking elf boy next to Gorge when I hit 70

Fureil fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Dark updated versions of AF1 is very cool and good and I hope that is indeed the theme, and I hope they will go in the Armory Chest because I'm way out of room in my glam box and retainers.

I almost wish for a World of Warcraft transmog catalog where if I collect it, I can glam it without having it in my inventory somewhere.

Also, not really enjoying this cross world poo poo. It's pretty much destroyed the Hunt side of things with people just sniping and instapulling the spawned S Ranks before even people who helped spawn it can even get to the mob. It only affects a tiny part of the playerbase I know, but I enjoyed doing them for the easy seals since I'm working on getting old artifacts for glam.

Givin fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 25, 2019

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

The Grimace posted:

Do we have any info on how they plan to change XI accounts? This is the first I'm hearing of it, and I'm curious. One of the reasons I had to stop playing XI years back was because their account restrictions were always really irritating to deal with. I don't think I'd go back to the game at this point still, but I'd still be happy to hear they're working on fixes.

It was mentioned on the FF XI thread here:

Minrad posted:

they are maybe, finally, updating the awful playonline client and creating a modern way to access this terrible game

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55210-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-44-Digest?p=614384#post614384

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Givin posted:

Dark updated versions of AF1 is very cool and good and I hope that is indeed the theme, and I hope they will go in the Armory Chest because I'm way out of room in my glam box and retainers.

I almost wish for a World of Warcraft transmog catalog where if I collect it, I can glam it without having it in my inventory somewhere.

Also, not really enjoying this cross world poo poo. It's pretty much destroyed the Hunt side of things with people just sniping and instapulling the spawned S Ranks before even people who helped spawn it can even get to the mob. It only affects a tiny part of the playerbase I know, but I enjoyed doing them for the easy seals since I'm working on getting old artifacts for glam.

I hope they ditch the belly window on women's DRG AF1 at some point. It's so goddamned stupid.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Emalde posted:

They made a big deal at EU fanfest about basically wanting to explicitly break this trend and have been making a slow push towards it through all of stormblood.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/373886703?t=02h09m27s

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the confirmation.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ciaphas posted:

If this is their goal, I wonder what they can do with BLM.

Apparently this.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Speaking of BLM, I'd murder someone to have dungeon tokens a la GW2; I've been trying to get the Plaguebringer's Coat for a good couple nights now and nada. :(

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013

Fureil posted:

I know Excal is the big server, but are any of you goons on Aether?

I’m Tahla Nhavan on Sarg. I’m always down for random shenanigans if you see me online, and I know folks from my FC are always looking for more people to play with too.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
So how exactly does the travelling to other worlds work, exactly?

Do you do it from the character page?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In game, from the main aethryites in the three main cities.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rastan Beeza posted:

So how exactly does the travelling to other worlds work, exactly?

Do you do it from the character page?

tried it last night

you just go to the main aetheryte from ul'dah, limsa, or gridania and there's an option to transfer to another world. click that, pick the world you want, bing bang boom you're there

whole process took less than 30 seconds for me even going from famfrit -> excal

i could imagine it could take longer if you did it during the most prime of prime hours on the biggest of servers but even at 9PM PDT on a wednesday i was super satisfied how smooth the process was

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Pretty sure I'm going to transfer to Excal. Are there major pros/cons between the 3 goon FCs?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TPT: chill place for cool people

PBC: everyone here smells like farts

DGKK: one of them bit me, do not recommend

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
TPT also has a fairly strict blanket policy on no spoilers in FC chat, since its billed as being good for new players.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
Where are the three goon FC houses located? I popped over to Excalibur earlier to check it out, but had no idea where to look so I went home.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

faptown posted:

Where are the three goon FC houses located? I popped over to Excalibur earlier to check it out, but had no idea where to look so I went home.

The Chairman posted:

Primal center: Excalibur (NA)
Please Be Careful, Plot 13, 1st Ward, The Goblet (Ul'dah)
Dragongod Knightkings, Plot 8, 1st Ward, The Goblet (Ul'dah)
Third Party Tools, Plot 8, 8th Ward, Shirogane (Kugane)

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Givin posted:

On Primal it's been great. People are actually killing SB As for the first time in months. Just need to join the Discord or a LS that calls out when hunt trains are starting.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Thanks! I'm coming to visit now.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

khysanth posted:

Pretty sure I'm going to transfer to Excal. Are there major pros/cons between the 3 goon FCs?

DGKK is the top ranked fc on Excalibur, so we are objectively the best

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Jose Valasquez posted:

DGKK is the top ranked fc on Excalibur, so we are objectively the best

Number 9 for the whole primal datacenter!

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
What's up with cutscenes? Everyone's skipping ahead and dying cause I'm the healer lol.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

poe meater posted:

What's up with cutscenes? Everyone's skipping ahead and dying cause I'm the healer lol.

This game has some incredibly inpatient people.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Apparently this.

Those sleeves are gonna look really dumb in the actual game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

poe meater posted:

Good. Never skip cutscenes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

poe meater posted:

Let them die.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's okay to skip cutscenes you've seen before. It's not okay to expect others to skip cutscenes.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

poe meater posted:

Punishment fits the crime. Never skip cutscenes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cabbit posted:

Apparently this.

:negative: uuuugh. gently caress. That is awful. (The disparity between genders for outfits that is.) Its just the same for rdm with the dudes getting another sweet coat and ladies are stuck with some impractical abomination.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Eimi posted:

:negative: uuuugh. gently caress. That is awful. (The disparity between genders for outfits that is.) Its just the same for rdm with the dudes getting another sweet coat and ladies are stuck with some impractical abomination.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cabbit posted:

Apparently this.

Cute.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How soon we forget the 120 caster pants and its frilly mini and horny tail.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Leal posted:

How soon we forget the 120 caster pants and its frilly mini and horny tail.

can we?
Can we forget them?
Forever?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The change is annoying but it'd bother me more if I ever used unmodified artifact gear instead of customizing it to look cooler.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Maybe they should just outsource their art to some South Korean MMO devs and be done with it. That can get them to trashy filth designs a whole lot faster.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Not sure where you're getting "trashy filth" from either of the pictures we've seen.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I wish I had pants too but some of y'all are wild if you think this is on the same level as a kmmo.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i literally swapped my character to a woman after trying desperately to get a male healer not to look like elizabethan england's greatest dumbass so

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Impermanent posted:

i literally swapped my character to a woman after trying desperately to get a male healer not to look like elizabethan england's greatest dumbass so

you messed up

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You can have pants but look like a ren faire reject, or you can look pretty but have your underoos on display for all to see. These are your choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Impermanent posted:

Despite the Necessity Of Upper Thigh (tm), women characters get way better glams than men. It's why I never play male ones in FFXIV. The male designs tend to be pretty ugly and there aren't a lot of good glamour choices.