Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He was a super taster tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oldpainless posted:

He was a super taster tyvm

More like oldtasteless

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

*sets self on fire and flings own flaming pre-corpse through goalposts in triumph*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

*sets self on fire and flings own flaming pre-corpse through goalposts in triumph*

More like Fleta Mcburn

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

purple death ray posted:

More like Fleta Mcburn

I'm in love.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I truly believe people can be that dumb. Look at Zaurg, even if it's all fake a broken brain is needed to even roleplay that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Her husband claimed to be allergic to all produce pretty much ever.

The whole thing was so weird.

There was a story of someone else whose boyfriend would freak out violently if vegetables were even in the home. Was that Blue Story as well?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

There was a story of someone else whose boyfriend would freak out violently if vegetables were even in the home. Was that Blue Story as well?

That was one of the r/relationships people, it's funny until you read that it ended in sexual assault

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

purple death ray posted:

That was one of the r/relationships people, it's funny until you read that it ended in sexual assault

thats the thread title for the r/relationships thread ain't it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it isn't it should be.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I believe it was at one point, but there have been further r/relationship stories that just as outrageous/horrifying

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

To be fair they're not laugh out loud funny for most people, but I was playing MGS5 at the time and it (well, the second one at least) just really worked for me:

oddhair posted:

From the inestimable Blue Story thread:

Veskit posted:

When do we get to find out what she meant by superior genetics and why she needs to use them?

Crow Jane posted:

She's weaponizing frump.

[quote="oddhair" post=""""]Another Blue Story post, she'd theorized that her and her husband's genes might blend well, or maybe not, and someone asked for some clarification:

Blue Story posted:

They might die of an allergy, or they might commit suicide.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

OK come on, OP is clearly messing with us. "My superior genetics have a 50/50 chance of creating a dead-end kid that will self destruct, but a 50/50 chance of making the perfect übermensch!" Is your husband Big Boss?
[/quote]

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm in love.

More like Fleeting McHappiness amirite?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I just remembered a saga... did that weird French game dev studio that tried to advertise here ever manage to make their Anime French Revolution game? Thermidor, I think it was called?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

I just remembered a saga... did that weird French game dev studio that tried to advertise here ever manage to make their Anime French Revolution game? Thermidor, I think it was called?

That was one of the greatest threads I've ever seen, as well as the origin of :thermidor:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804254&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

There was an older thread too but it didn't get Goldmined and I can't find it.

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Apr 25, 2019

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Snow Cone Capone posted:

That was one of the greatest threads I've ever seen, as well as the origin of :thermidor:

Sacrebleu, I must see this thread immédiatement!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

They have a YouTube channel with Thermidor demos and this thing

https://youtu.be/_0HJjWKW8kA

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Did whatever Brian Boyko was doing ever go anywhere or was he just a big old dummy?

E: iirc he was doing something to "get rid of money in politics"? lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Brain Curry posted:

They have a YouTube channel with Thermidor demos and this thing

https://youtu.be/_0HJjWKW8kA
you can't just give out the trailer without any mention of their full-proof business plan

quote:

The 4 principles of the HDX20 are :

1) Buy it, its price will increase.
2) Sell it, its price will increase.
3) Transfer it, its price will increase.
4) Play our HDX20 powered games, its price will increase.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hoshi posted:

Did whatever Brian Boyko was doing ever go anywhere or was he just a big old dummy?

I actually saw something he was up to relating to the latest election in CSPAM, lol.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hoshi posted:

he wanted to fight corporate dark money by running a PAC funded entirely on small donations from regular people, which is... not actually the worst idea (Bernie did something remarkably similar)

it just kind of falls apart because he looks like a goofus and picked basically the absolute worst possible groups of people to try and get on board while looking like a goofus

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

he wanted to fight corporate dark money by running a PAC funded entirely on small donations from regular people, which is... not actually the worst idea (Bernie did something remarkably similar)

it just kind of falls apart because he looks like a goofus and picked basically the absolute worst possible groups of people to try and get on board while looking like a goofus

He also apparently moved to Canada after Trump won like a privileged coward instead of staying and fighting. gently caress him.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804254&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

There was an older thread too but it didn't get Goldmined and I can't find it.

This one? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793353

Man, I completely forgot about how often they tried to close their own thread and the video game mods would reopen it to laugh at them:

https://i.imgur.com/8j9TlK1.jpg

They also bragged about how many people they put on their ignore list for telling them their project was ridiculous and impossible to fund on any crowdfunding platform. Looks like their original IndieGoGo page is still up, where you can see the absurd amount they were asking for on their game versus how much people were willing to pledge: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/thermidor-a-tactical-japanese-rpg-by-hyperdevbox#/

Looking around, their Steam Greenlight page is defunct and full of dead images, so I guess the project was finally abandoned. At least the trailer survives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHv-CFe7jJk

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Nuns with Guns posted:

Looking around, their Steam Greenlight page is defunct and full of dead images, so I guess the project was finally abandoned. At least the trailer survives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHv-CFe7jJk

They have an Android demo of it from a year ago. https://youtu.be/bM_f_u3aNXk

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
240k is nothing to make a non indie video game

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

240k is nothing to make a non indie video game

Yeah. That's a very reasonable amount of money to produce a video game above the level of sudoku. That presumes the game's concept doesn't suck, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That looks extremely tedious to play.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Proteus Jones posted:

That is very charitable review.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

And it was already done, and better, by Level-5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_d%27Arc_(video_game)

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
That’s not the French Revolution

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I feel bad because the promotion art was well made and kinda charming, it was just that literally everything else about Thermidor

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This thread inspired me to re-read a couple of the Dollfucker threads and I'm still taken aback about how the least weird thing about them to me is not the expensive sex toy element. Right behind assigning personality traits to their sex toys is the absolutely bizarre, mundane, obsessive and meandering posts about the most innocuous subject matter I can think of.

Squeeze, Linux, Funyons, ICP, (how do they coincide with Sqeeze?) soft drinks, the movie UHF, Think Geek, energy drinks, Small Wonder...it just keeps going for loving ever.

And our man Kevin is still at it, has lost a lot of weight (due to an apparent meth problem) and is still posting long dissertations about the strangest things.

https://dollsbook.com/members/ki5jyd/

He really really likes Whataburger, married one of his dolls, appears to be a Juggalo, made a Dollsbook music video/slideshow (a month long "project' with an extended deadline made with very VERY specific software and song selections), is adopting Trump slogans ("Keep Making Dollsbook Great"), still posts as the dolls, lives in an extended stay motel and seems to be organizing a slumber party for dollsbook members and their toys.

I don't know what "K15JD" means but he has a hat. It must be a Squeeze song, an ICP album or a catalog number for a doll head. I'm sure there's a 6 paragraph explanation of it somewhere on the forum. It's loving fascinating to me even after (I think?) 4 threads.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
dude lives in "the DFW metroplex" and claims to be a born again Texan based on Whataburger, hard pass and I hate being from Texas.

(no problem with consensual dollfucking)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whataburger is good, though.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

purple death ray posted:

Whataburger is good, though.

It's fine and I like it well enough. Not my first choice for wedding catering.

Somehow I manage not to work that opinion into every post I make online though.

Or that Prince is my favorite musician and that I named my cat "Max" (who is a Burmese that I inherited from my Mother who died 2 years ago and who liked Jethro Tull, The Rolling Stines and Fleetwood Mac (Give me LED ZEPPELIN any day!) and used to watch The Big Bang Theory reruns for 5 hours a day (on our Netflix package that I run over a VPN I coded myself because gently caress Comcast) after I talked her out of the overpriced cable/DVR/Landline package after a Prince song called "The Max" that was on a "self titled" (whooo, there's a term for ya!) album released in 1991 that was a shift in his sound from sequenced drum beats and overdubs and more of a move to a traditional organic band (similar to the inferior but bigger selling "Diamonds and Pearls" album) and that incorporated hip hop elements (to the chagrin of many, but that's another story). The album title was the symbol that would later become his name (with segues by Kirstie Alley who was on a show called "Cheers"). It (the album title) was a combination of the "Male and female" symbols first shown in the cover art for his first double album, "1999" (It's cleverly hidden in the first "9" of "1999", the name of the album) plus he also had this symbol on his motorcycle in the movie "Purple Rain" that I watch every time I get the flu when there's a full moon) - until 2000 when he changed his name back to "Prince" after settling the legal battles he had with his long time record company, Warner Brothers (headquartered in Burbank, CA) . He used an online distribution method for his music for some time (no info on the OS or ISP - SORRY!) with mixed results.

Anyway, my cat is named Max and if I ever save enough money for a new doll or transition, I'm going to name her (and myself) "Maxine". The cat and 2 dolls agrees whoelheartedly with my decision but Tiffany (my first doll) still prefers "Jools", after founding member of Squeeze "Jools 'The Jewel' Holland" (look him up!). guess we'll see!

I have some personal experience with mental illness, in my family and with some friends but I've never seen it manifest itself in this really obsessive writing style. I felt weird just typing all that.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Does this thread contain a write up of the history of the Eve Online goons? That was a pretty entertaining saga for quite a few years.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, Squeeze as in the band which recorded Tempted?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Wait, Squeeze as in the band which recorded Tempted?

Yup.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

It's fine and I like it well enough. Not my first choice for wedding catering.

Somehow I manage not to work that opinion into every post I make online though.

Or that Prince is my favorite musician and that I named my cat "Max" (who is a Burmese that I inherited from my Mother who died 2 years ago and who liked Jethro Tull, The Rolling Stines and Fleetwood Mac (Give me LED ZEPPELIN any day!) and used to watch The Big Bang Theory reruns for 5 hours a day (on our Netflix package that I run over a VPN I coded myself because gently caress Comcast) after I talked her out of the overpriced cable/DVR/Landline package after a Prince song called "The Max" that was on a "self titled" (whooo, there's a term for ya!) album released in 1991 that was a shift in his sound from sequenced drum beats and overdubs and more of a move to a traditional organic band (similar to the inferior but bigger selling "Diamonds and Pearls" album) and that incorporated hip hop elements (to the chagrin of many, but that's another story). The album title was the symbol that would later become his name (with segues by Kirstie Alley who was on a show called "Cheers"). It (the album title) was a combination of the "Male and female" symbols first shown in the cover art for his first double album, "1999" (It's cleverly hidden in the first "9" of "1999", the name of the album) plus he also had this symbol on his motorcycle in the movie "Purple Rain" that I watch every time I get the flu when there's a full moon) - until 2000 when he changed his name back to "Prince" after settling the legal battles he had with his long time record company, Warner Brothers (headquartered in Burbank, CA) . He used an online distribution method for his music for some time (no info on the OS or ISP - SORRY!) with mixed results.

Anyway, my cat is named Max and if I ever save enough money for a new doll or transition, I'm going to name her (and myself) "Maxine". The cat and 2 dolls agrees whoelheartedly with my decision but Tiffany (my first doll) still prefers "Jools", after founding member of Squeeze "Jools 'The Jewel' Holland" (look him up!). guess we'll see!

I have some personal experience with mental illness, in my family and with some friends but I've never seen it manifest itself in this really obsessive writing style. I felt weird just typing all that.

It's mentioned in there and as a trans woman I see so much unaddressed dysphoria and self-hate in these writings, it's so sad. Just a lot of people who never got to live their own lives outside of gender hell. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Animal-Mother posted:

Does this thread contain a write up of the history of the Eve Online goons? That was a pretty entertaining saga for quite a few years.
EveOnline GoonSquad (and really, a lot of the EVE drama and stuff) could be the material for a book, podcast, and graduate thesis. It's just so weird and sprawling.

Like how goons figured that using low-level puddle jumper ships to kamikaze was a valid exploit. And how the devs were like "poo poo yeah, that works, go on"