Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LiquidFriend posted:

If by that you mean to a highly supervised area where they can monitor her 24/7 until those twins are born and promptly taken away from her, yeah absolutely.

for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Maybe Mahomes and his gf will adopt him

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Well poo poo. That entire family sounds hosed the hell up. :(

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chichevache posted:

He's a 3 year old black child. He's probably going into a foster system where he will be repeatedly sexually and physically abused while switching homes every few months. If he is adopted by a family member, it is going to be someone who was raised like Hill was and will probably do the same poo poo.

I don't know how we fix this as a country.

Somehow I don't think Tyreek was punched for he cried growing up. Not every abusive parent was abused themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/25/disturbing-audio-emerges-of-tyreek-hill-threatening-crystal-espinal/

quote:

The statement issued, but likely not written, by Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill on Thursday said everything that it predictably would have said, carefully omitting anything that addresses whether his three-year-old child suffered an injury, or how the injury happened. Many nevertheless thought that ended the situation.

And it has now become clear that the situation is only just beginning.

KCTV has obtained audio of a conversation between Hill and Crystal Espinal, the mother of their son. Espinal created the audio as an “insurance policy” that she gave to a friend. It was “passed around” before landing at KCTV.

The audio is compelling. And troubling.

“He is terrified of you,” Espinal says. “And you say that he respects you, but it’s not respect.”

Hill says, “He respects me.”

“It’s terrify,” she says, “he’s terrified of you.”

“You need to be terrified of me, too, bitch,” Hill says. “That’s why you can’t keep a f–king man.”

Hill previously pleaded guilty to choking and punching Espinal while she was pregnant with the child.

The audio makes it clear that Espinal had previously been covering for Hill.

“I didn’t do nothing,” Hill insists during the discussion about the injury suffered by Hill’s son.

“Then why does [he] say, ‘Daddy did it’?” Espinal says.” Why does he say, ‘Daddy did it?’ Why does [he] say, ‘Daddy did it’?”

“I don’t know,” Hill says. “He says Daddy does a lot of things.”

“Like what?” Espinal says. “A three-year-old’s not gonna lie about what happened to his arm.”

Someone clearly has been lying about what happened to the boy’s arm. And it’s clear that other things have happened; on the audio, Espinal says that Hill punches the boy in the chest when the boy is crying. She also says that the boy has told investigators, “Daddy punches me.”

The audio is difficult to listen to, and it confirms exactly what many suspected on Wednesday, when the prosecutor announced that he believes a crime was committed, but that it could not be proven who did it. This audio potentially changes everything, for the authorities, for the league, and for the Chiefs — who if they do what they did with Kareem Hunt could be cutting ties with Tyreek Hill, soon.

gently caress that guy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Somehow I don't think Tyreek was punched for he cried growing up. Not every abusive parent was abused themselves.

Sure, not every abuser was abused and not every abused person goes on to abuse. Buuuut, these behaviors are often learned. What makes you think Tyreek didn't come from an abusive home?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

He's a 3 year old black child. He's probably going into a foster system where he will be repeatedly sexually and physically abused while switching homes every few months. If he is adopted by a family member, it is going to be someone who was raised like Hill was and will probably do the same poo poo.

I don't know how we fix this as a country.

Real answer: He's in Overland Park, not Chicago

Fake answer: He's gonna be hella fast, he'll get adopted in minutes

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kiimo posted:

Real answer: He's in Overland Park, not Chicago

Fake answer: He's gonna be hella fast, he'll get adopted in minutes

Adoption rates for non-infants are pretty terrible. I hope Baby Hill goes somewhere healthy, far away from Reek and his enabling mother, but I've seen this play out so many times before that it's hard to be optimistic.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was really skeptical about the entire thing the moment he did an interview in KC right after the draft. He was asked what he learned from the DV conviction and answered that he needed to surround himself with better people.

Hopefully those kids aren't messed up forever and maybe Andy Reid needs to stop loving around with shitheads.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fire him immediately

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Sure, not every abuser was abused and not every abused person goes on to abuse. Buuuut, these behaviors are often learned. What makes you think Tyreek didn't come from an abusive home?

your evidence is equally slim and works off a stereotype of abusers having been abused come on man.

I used to work in a locked PRTF for teens specifically. Literally none of the parents who pimped their kids were themselves pimped.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 26, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
He's absolutely gone unless the Chiefs front office calls this a fake (which would be loving stupid).

Hello cap space, I guess? :sigh:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wish we had a live stream of the Chiefs draft room rn

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

indigi posted:

I wish we had a live stream of the Chiefs draft room rn

The buffet is probably most of the shot anyways

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1121563565520039937?s=21

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

your evidence is equally slim and works off a stereotype of abusers having been abused come on man.

I used to work in a locked PRTF for teens specifically. Literally none of the parents who pimped their kids were themselves pimped.

Pretty sure that stereotype is born out by stats, but gently caress if I have any. Why are we even arguing about this?

And how do you know literally none of the parents were pimped?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I imagine this is because "Jesus loving Christ get that piece of poo poo the gently caress out of here" isn't an acceptable press release from an NFL team

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Pretty sure that stereotype is born out by stats, but gently caress if I have any. Why are we even arguing about this?

Eh I've worked with addicts/homeless/abused kids etc and you're a cop. We're naturally going to fight. Pretty sure we got into it about addiction before.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

I imagine this is because "Jesus loving Christ get that piece of poo poo the gently caress out of here" isn't an acceptable press release from an NFL team

It’s because they’re trying to decide if they can reasonably claim the voice is not Tyreke.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

indigi posted:

Andy is likely busy stress eating Jack Stacks while furiously thumbing through some wide receiver scouting reports.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Fondly remembering a week after the incident first became public when Chiefs fans were smugly saying the fiancee was a lying bitch

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy is likely busy stress eating Jack Stacks while furiously thumbing through some wide receiver scouting reports.

"Sir, he hit him in the ribs."
"My God. Not the ribs."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Eh I've worked with addicts/homeless/abused kids etc and you're a cop. We're naturally going to fight. Pretty sure we got into it about addiction before.

Yeah, I work with them too. My wife is a social worker for the kids that get taken away from people like Tyreek.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"Naturally going to fight".

Unrelated: Taylor Swift wore her Technicolor Dreamcoat dress to the draft.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I just can’t even comprehend the idea of punching your child.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, I work with them too. My wife is a social worker for the kids that get taken away from people like Tyreek.

After working a PRTF buy her a drat beer from this random internet person. I can't work with kids again after that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

After working a PRTF buy her a drat beer from this random internet person. I can't work with kids again after that.

Neither can she. The non profit she worked for literally told her to let one of the kids stay and keep dealing meth to the others. When she got pregnant she quit because if she lost the baby breaking up a fight between two of the gang members in that house..... gently caress. I don't even like thinking about her being in that environment. Plus her "kids" (18-25) knew what I do for a living. Just a bad situation all around.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Neither can she. The non profit she worked for literally told her to let one of the kids stay and keep dealing meth to the others. When she got pregnant she quit because if she lost the baby breaking up a fight between two of the gang members in that house..... gently caress. I don't even like thinking about her being in that environment. Plus her "kids" (18-25) knew what I do for a living. Just a bad situation all around.

yeah I had 12-17 in that job, poo poo you and your wife can imagine. Good on her for keeping in the profession somehow.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This offseason is even more depressing than usual

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Soon hockey will be done too. And basketball. Then nothing for months. Then, eventually, finally, the glorious release of death

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

quote:

Both need to go to jail
She obstructed justice…and her conversation was a set up. Feel so bad for this kid. Abused, both parents in jail…what a waste…football aside.

the real crime

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
As it turns out Tyreek Hill appears to not be a good person.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Grittybeard posted:

As it turns out Tyreek Hill appears to not be a good person.

Even worse than Kareem Hunt, it turns out

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Let's be honest here, this is the wrong sport to watch if you want to root for good people

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

LiquidFriend posted:

I was really skeptical about the entire thing the moment he did an interview in KC right after the draft. He was asked what he learned from the DV conviction and answered that he needed to surround himself with better people.

Hopefully those kids aren't messed up forever and maybe Andy Reid needs to stop loving around with shitheads.

By surrounding himself with better people, he means he needs to surround himself with women who can take a punch better

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Let's be honest here, this is the wrong sport to watch if you want to root for good people

Think all of us would settle for just “not a child abuser”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

"Sir, he hit him in the ribs."
"My God. Not the ribs."

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The new Eli Manning looks appropriately goofy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmq1_wInBPV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17zp99map6v1s

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

he looks like three olives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm sure the Browns are already on the phone about a trade