Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm surprised people are mad about a totally new game getting made instead of Atlus re-releasing a game that's already been out for three years

I could almost understand it from the perspective of 'not everyone has every console, so Switch players are getting a spinoff without any of the main story'. I don't think that's all too strong, because honestly you've had plenty of time to learn things about it otherwise, and it's not like Atlus haven't done that before with Persona Q. I think what people are really angry about isn't that they didn't get the port they wanted, but that they were wrong, because they convinced themselves with largely unsubstantiated leaks and speculation that a straight port was coming.

I'm a drat sight more likely to buy this than another copy of Persona 5, even with updates. Besides, it's not like Persona 5 on the Switch is off the table; it's just not worth a keynote announcement because it's a port of a three-year-old game, it's more likely to get the same level of announcement that, like. Hellblade's Switch port got.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cleretic posted:

I'm a drat sight more likely to buy this than another copy of Persona 5, even with updates. Besides, it's not like Persona 5 on the Switch is off the table; it's just not worth a keynote announcement because it's a port of a three-year-old game, it's more likely to get the same level of announcement that, like. Hellblade's Switch port got.

I mean poo poo, P5 came out for the PS3, that console is like a hundred bucks brand new just go get one if you wanna play the game so badly, don't hold out for a Switch port for three years. I don't know what it is about porting games to the Switch that makes people go so apeshit, it's not like it's out on Xbox or Steam/Epic or anything either.

e:

Cleretic posted:

I think what people are really angry about isn't that they didn't get the port they wanted, but that they were wrong, because they convinced themselves with largely unsubstantiated leaks and speculation that a straight port was coming.

Yeah this makes more sense. Same reason that I guess people are also mad that the new girl in P5 isn't a new main character despite the huge contextual dialogue evidence that she wasn't, and the evidence that she could be was limited to two main arguments of "she looks plain so she will be a main character" and "there is one wierdly named file in Smash brothers she will be a main character", both of which are really grasping at straws in terms of evidence

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 26, 2019

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I mean I'm sad she's not a new main character because I wanted to hope, too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A portable p5 is a hell of a QoL, you docker

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tae posted:

A portable p5 is a hell of a QoL, you docker

Its called Vita Remote Play. Topic Locked.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I think it's interesting that Atlus is doing a Musou game and their other collaborations have produced very interesting results lately so maybe it'll be good. However, I've never played a Musou game and I'm not entirely sure I'm going to jump in now. I was really hoping for a new RPG experience and I didn't get that with either announcement. Here's to waiting for SMTV or EOVI.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I don't know what it is about porting games to the Switch that makes people go so apeshit

It’s a portable system. You can play full fledged console game on the go. That’s why people want tons of ports to happen, hope that helps you understand.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm surprised people are mad about a totally new game getting made instead of Atlus re-releasing a game that's already been out for three years

they've done an updated version of every persona game, even the 1 and both versions of 2. everyone expects that

the general quality of the persona spinoffs isn't that high tho, so I can def see viewing the musou game with trepidation

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Black Stones posted:

It’s a portable system. You can play full fledged console game on the go. That’s why people want tons of ports to happen, hope that helps you understand.

And I have to admit, I think JRPGs are right at home on the Switch because of the docking system. JRPGs are prone to both a ton of cinematic spectacle you might want to see on a TV screen, and a lot of very passive gameplay that suits just taking it on a bus ride or to the bathroom. So it is a little disappointing in that way, the more JRPGs on the Switch the merrier.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I want P5 on the Switch because I have a Switch and it's a million times more convenient for me to play games undocked. Like I have housemates, so one can be playing Xbox with his kids and the other's watching a movie and I don't have to arm wrestle someone for TV rights to play Mario, I can just go play Mario or whatever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want p5 on the switch... as a card game:evilbuddy:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I'd fund Personal 5:Ac!d

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tarot+deck&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You know what, that's fair.

E: but yeah I've been playing a lot of Super Dragon Ball Heroes on my switch and it's got me wishing everything i like had a big dumb card game on the switch

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 26, 2019

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
they'll never be able to fix P5's terrible content and weak willed liberalism in any sort of remake so I mean, gently caress yeah I'd rather just fight hundreds of shadows in a musou rush with Rivers in the Desert playing. good call atlus

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's possible considering how many characters these games usually have.

Imagine having all three Persona Jokers in the same game.

You'd say that, but FE Warriors has burnt a lot of good will.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Give me Demi-Fiend as guest DLC, please and thank you.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
finally saw the new trailer, i like the new character's design and am looking forward to doing another p5 playthrough

maybe they'll just sell it as a dlc for current owners. if not i guess i'll just start on hard from the start so it doesn't get all hosed balance wise from having a compendium filled

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

Give me Demi-Fiend as guest DLC, please and thank you.

Demi-Fiend guest DLC featuring Dante from Devil May Cry

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoEkBdXg3d4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They should absolutely do like a $20 option where you can upgrade to Royal if you already have Persona 5.

They almost certainly will not do this, which is a shame because there is no reality where I pay $60 for Persona 5 again unless I get to give Hasino a noogie

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Man if they're gonna have SMT DLC give me the Digital Devil Saga folks

I want to musou with an armblade then chomp on people God Eater-style

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Expect My Mom posted:

They should absolutely do like a $20 option where you can upgrade to Royal if you already have Persona 5.

They almost certainly will not do this, which is a shame because there is no reality where I pay $60 for Persona 5 again unless I get to give Hasino a noogie

I'd pay $60 and buy a PS4 Pro if Royale let you give your confidants noogies.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Expect My Mom posted:

i will buy it at full price again

but it would be nice to be respected enough by the company to be given an upgrade edition

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I want P2 EPP to finally get localized and rereleased with ISP on the Switch. :colbert:

Oh also out of curiosity, does this thread have like a discord server attached with it? :)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want to have to dump my life savings and then open up a loan I'm going to be paying off for the next twenty years in order to afford a copy of P5R

and then have the gracious samas at Atlus belittle me while I'm struggling to make ends meet

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That’s a joke btw, don’t let them make you pay full price for a 2016 ps3 game you already played

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It would be cool if they did a thing like World of Final Fantasy did for the very similar WOFF: Ultima, where people who owned the old game could buy a $30 DLC instead of the $60 new game. But they won't and I'll have to rebuy the gekkoukan costumes and stuff again too lmao

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Goro did nothing wrong

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Goro did nothing wrong

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Butt Ghost posted:

That’s a joke btw, don’t let them make you pay full price for a 2016 ps3 game you already played

I'm gonna do it and you can't stop me

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Goro did one thing wrong: he loved pancakes (a form of vile carbs), and for that he must suffer

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unless they pull a Full Body in which case I will very strongly consider not doing that

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

projecthalaxy posted:

It would be cool if they did a thing like World of Final Fantasy did for the very similar WOFF: Ultima, where people who owned the old game could buy a $30 DLC instead of the $60 new game. But they won't and I'll have to rebuy the gekkoukan costumes and stuff again too lmao

Nah the dlc will carry over or be part of the base package. P4A:U kept all your cosmetic dlc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arist posted:

Unless they pull a Full Body in which case I will very strongly consider not doing that

is that the catherine port? what'd they do with that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

is that the catherine port? what'd they do with that

You remember how Catherine was transphobic? Full Body doubled down.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Katsura Hashino retire bitch

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It would be cool if they removed the homophobia from P5.
They won't.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Butt Ghost posted:

It would be cool if they removed the homophobia from P5.
They won't.

going by Full Body they'll crank the homophobia gauge to maximum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if only there was some way a group of rebellious teens could get hashino to suddenly have a big change of heart where he repents his past misdeeds