Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Lando-T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SuperKlaus posted:

Nidoran M and Nidoran F are paired, Miltank and Tauros are paired. What's the male Chansey?

blissey

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tympole.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SuperKlaus posted:

Nidoran M and Nidoran F are paired, Miltank and Tauros are paired. What's the male Chansey?

None, they're all lesbians just like all Lilligants.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SuperKlaus posted:

Fun fact: Volbeat and Illumise actually have a special interaction where eggs that Illumise lays (or Volbeat breeding with Ditto) can hatch into either species. Tauros and Miltank do not share this interaction.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And the Hitmons are all male.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SuperKlaus posted:

Chauncey

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

None, they're all lesbians just like all Lilligants.

Half true: they are lesbians but with Audino.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I would like for Game Freak to use this opportunity in this new generation to give every legendary a baby prevo and make them all breedable. Thank you and god bless

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I would like gf to take the chance to make this game take place ten years from sm and have a villain team succeed in killing every last legendary while we weren't there.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

What's your issue with Nebby?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ok, Nebby and the gen 5 dragons can stay. Everyone else to the grinder. Too many legendaries.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am not the child I was when this series first came out and have difficulty remembering new Pokemon names (There's over 800 of the things now!). If I had an issue, it was that they called it Nebby the entire game and I don't remember what the actual name was.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I would like gf to take the chance to make this game take place ten years from sm and have a villain team succeed in killing every last legendary while we weren't there.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

the gen 5 dragons can stay

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I just want an evil team to have their grand plan explicitly not involve the Legendaries again. Say, they are building a doomsday machine or army and only intersect with the Legendary to get it out of the way.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zoran posted:

I would like for Game Freak to use this opportunity in this new generation to give every legendary a baby prevo and make them all breedable. Thank you and god bless

It would have been neat if they'd allowed Legendaries to breed from the beginning in a way that made in-universe sense (while still not letting you actually make more of the Legendaries if they really thought that would be overpowered).
  • Entei, Suicune, and Raikou would have been treated as a Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon for breeding purposes. (It's a common fan theory that that's what they were before Ho-oh resurrected them.) In other words, they'd make Eevees if female.
  • Mew would have been treated as a Ditto for breeding purposes, except that Mew + Ditto would produce another Ditto.
  • Mewtwo would be always-male, and would be unable to breed with Ditto and Mew (justified by it seeing Mew as a parental figure).
  • Not sure about the various birds. A baby Lugia actually appears in the anime, but the anime writers came up with that after the games came out. Maybe have them produce ordinary Flying-types (e.g., Spearow for Zapdos)? Moltres producing Magby and Zapdos producing Elekid actually makes a bit of sense, but that would imply Articuno producing Smoochum, which would just be weird. I guess the real problem is that there isn't a lot of clear lore to draw on regarding the Kanto legendary birds (the second movie gives them a connection to Lugia, but I don't think there's any direct suggestion that Lugia created them or anything like that).
  • Diancie should, of course, produce Carbink.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I just want an evil team to have their grand plan explicitly not involve the Legendaries again. Say, they are building a doomsday machine or army and only intersect with the Legendary to get it out of the way.

In Sun and Moon the evil plan was mostly about Ultra Beasts, which I guess were kinda like legendaries but also kinda not?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

SuperKlaus posted:

Luck is fickle. I hucked a Dusk Ball at a full-HP Mewtwo and caught it first go yesterday. I may have stolen your random number energy.

I caught my Kyogre with my first Ultraball and didn't even need false Swipe or any status affects. Luck is a son of a bitch. I think Rayquaza was only a couple of Ultraballs too.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In Sun and Moon the evil plan was mostly about Ultra Beasts, which I guess were kinda like legendaries but also kinda not?
The game says they are normal pokemon from another dimension, but also implies to even get to ours they have to be powerful mons.

So I guess other-realm pseudo legendary's is pretty accurate.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Zedd posted:

So I guess other-realm pseudo legendary's is pretty accurate.

Stat wise that bears out. Most of them have stats around that range. Of course doesn't that mean they should be breakable? I really don't get why say Poipole can't be bred.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ultra beasts are a lousy excuse to put Pokémon that don’t look like Pokémon into the game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they look like pokemon to me op

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're an excellent excuse to do that.

I hope they invade PokeBritain too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

UBs are just ugly pokemon. carnivine is a UB

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My friend Buzzwole is not ugly. And I hope you apologise.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
How come most competitive Pokemon uses double battles?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

because doubles is better than singles

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Farecoal posted:

the logistics of running a singles tournament irl is a lot harder than doubles since singles can potentially take much longer

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Vegetable posted:

Ultra beasts are a lousy excuse to put Pokémon that don’t look like Pokémon into the game

Please tell me, then. What exactly does a Pokemon look like?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Farecoal posted:

It may have something to do with Wobbuffet and Shadow Tag. In Doubles its mostly dead weight since your opponents can just gang up on Wobb's partner.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vandar posted:

Mostly they don’t look like digimon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vegetable posted:

what about lucariomon

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I prefer it to the usual reason "is a fire starter". Not a single UB looks as Digimon esque as Blaziken, Infernape, and the dumb psychic fox thing.

Farecoal posted:

Aside from logistics, probably because the rulesets for Doubles are way less dumb. Between official feeling like people that don't play Pokemon or understand balance and Smogon being made by whiny manchildren that can't handle evasion or sleep.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Vegetable posted:

So then, what exactly does a Digimon look like?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vandar posted:

So then, what exactly does a Digimon look like?

imagine a pokemon. now imagine a pokemon that either watches lots of death note and wears lots of black, or has huge tits

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Zuzie posted:

It may have something to do with Wobbuffet and Shadow Tag. In Doubles its mostly dead weight since your opponents can just gang up on Wobb's partner.

Doubles also adds more strategy move-wise. In addition to all the moves that are explicitly designed for team play like Helping Hand, you've got moves that can hit multiple targets like, say, Razor Leaf.

Vandar posted:

A lot of Ultra Beasts rub me the wrong way design wise because of their , I don't know how to say it, "proportions". Some like Stakataka and Poipole/Nagadanel are cool and look perfectly like Pokemon. But then you get to the Phermosa's and Xurktrees and they just look to... Human? I don't really know the right words, because not every Ultra Beast has this problem, and it's not like their aren't other Pokemon with this problem.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

God forbid the aliens from a different dimension that are explicitly supposed to be super weird try something different with visual design. Yeah, they don't look like other Pokemon, that's the point, it's good as hell.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They've also just got really cool design concepts. The bamboo spaceship and origami samurai are extremely rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Half true: they are lesbians but with Audino.

Audino has a 50/50 gender distribution, it’s not female only.