Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ya'll are thinking of like...visual novels or dating games or something, Jrpgs don't tend to have like, choosable love interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pyromancer posted:

Imperator:Rome is out, so are the first mods, introducing "Improved Portraits":

Looks historically accurate to me.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Are there any mods for BG2 that makes it so my kensai/wizard dual-class isn't stuck as a wizard until level 7?

I just cheat and make a multiclass Fighter/Wizard and change the kit to Kensai using EEKeeper.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43824/mod-announcement-hardcore-dual/p1

This mod helps with weapon proficiency if that's what you're looking for. It won't give you those Kensai specific bonuses though I don't think.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Magmarashi posted:

Ya'll are thinking of like...visual novels or dating games or something, Jrpgs don't tend to have like, choosable love interests

Excuse me FF7 lets you choose who you got on a Gold Saucer date with. :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Magmarashi posted:

Dragon Quest 5

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Magmarashi posted:

how about persona 5 where you could choose them all for the best ending

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I said they don't tend to have them not that no JRPG has ever had them

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Dragon Quest 5

MohShuvuu posted:

how about persona 5 where you could choose them all for the best ending

Neither of those even fit the description!

Arcsquad12 posted:

What exactly is the appeal of a JRPG love interest beyond the obvious "shy naive girl I want to control and gently caress at my leisure?"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Pyromancer posted:

Imperator:Rome is out, so are the first mods, introducing "Improved Portraits":

I poo poo you not, this is how all doctor portraits in Two Point Hospital looked at launch.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

Neither of those even fit the description!
I think the operative phrase here was "choosable love interests."

Orv
May 4, 2011
loving cease.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thats the worst sounding d&d spell ever :smithfrog:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

thats the worst sounding d&d spell ever :smithfrog:

Bigby's Choosable Love Interest, requires a DC15 VS J'RPG

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That explains the wide variety of Bigby's Hand spells.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Bieeanshee posted:

That explains the wide variety of Bigby's Hand spells.

:stonk:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Bigby didn't just date Rosie Palms, he has been married to her for forty years.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Cardiovorax posted:

Bigby didn't just date Rosie Palms, he has been married to her for forty years.

You just don't get these kind of feel good stories anymore.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

I first read that as Bigsby’s Stinking Fist. That was even more horrific to imagine!

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite dumb thing about NWN 1 was that if servers allowed you to import items you could bring really dumb poo poo you made in the editor. You made it, placed it in a little single room level, loaded your character in, picked it up and it was ready to import to MP servers. I once used that and a player editor to be a penguin with an amulet of Bigby's Forceful Hand (a knockdown) with a DC higher than anyone could possibly avoid even with similarly hosed up items. Then I went around and just did that to people. For a while.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Sargon's Tipping Fedora

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Orv posted:

My favorite dumb thing about NWN 1 was that if servers allowed you to import items you could bring really dumb poo poo you made in the editor. You made it, placed it in a little single room level, loaded your character in, picked it up and it was ready to import to MP servers. I once used that and a player editor to be a penguin with an amulet of Bigby's Forceful Hand (a knockdown) with a DC higher than anyone could possibly avoid even with similarly hosed up items. Then I went around and just did that to people. For a while.

Yeah, they basically did nothing to prevent you from cheating in singleplayer (because honestly who cares?)

NWN was a hell of a great game, though.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Cythereal posted:

You appear to value women as human beings and equals.

This is not a popular view of women in Japan.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Yeah, they basically did nothing to prevent you from cheating in singleplayer (because honestly who cares?)

NWN was a hell of a great game, though.
Hell of a great D&D game engine, anyway. Playing through Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark with the PRC pack was a pleasure, though.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Discendo Vox posted:

Sargon's Tipping Fedora

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I have really no idea where to post this other then this thread (it;s kinda related cause he used mods to build this, but runs in Vanilla Factorio):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVAFcDX4eM

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I like how the one of the first things he says in the video is "No, it can't run Doom yet."

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Kikas posted:

I have really no idea where to post this other then this thread (it;s kinda related cause he used mods to build this, but runs in Vanilla Factorio):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVAFcDX4eM
:eyepop:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

I like how the one of the first things he says in the video is "No, it can't run Doom yet."

We all know the inevitable.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
Why Rimworld modders, why?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
.... What?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That is upsetting.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

oh cool male circumcision scold mod where you can also do FGM

cool cool cool fine and normal and cool :shepicide:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"Hmm, how can I make my foreskin mod more progressive...?"

*light bulb*

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:stare: ......

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
why is it a drug

why is it a superior version of the combat-grade nanomachines that eventually kill you if you can't keep them supplied with fuel by consuming more of them

and what the gently caress does the government of australia have to do with this besides being the australian government, who once famously banned every single australian citizen from holding seats in parliament because every australian legally has dual citizenship with new zealand.

Gulping Again fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 1, 2019

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gulping Again posted:

why is it a drug

yeah it should be more of an ointment

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gulping Again posted:

and what the gently caress does the government of australia have to do with this besides being the australian government, who once famously banned every single australian citizen from holding seats in parliament because every australian legally has dual citizenship with new zealand.

I think it comes from our government-paid ads always ending with that line.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gulping Again posted:

why is it a drug

why is it a superior version of the combat-grade nanomachines that eventually kill you if you can't keep them supplied with fuel by consuming more of them

Welcome to our most terrible abode.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 1, 2019

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Maybe it's a ploy to get mass shooters to circumcise themselves and then smoke their own foreskin for the sick combat drug boost they'll get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
all things considered the mod looks like a joke considering it was made by "Comrade Skeet" and "fat dong"