Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hazdoc posted:

Some games have a thing where you can "recruit" lapsed players and if they start playing again you get a bonus as if you got a new player signed up on your code, but I guess league doesn't have that.

I should probably see all the champs they've reworked, poo poo looks a LOT different now. I was about to ask if they ever fixed Mordekaiser's trillion bugs but it looks like he's changed.

Mordekaiser is next in line for a full champion rework, so all his poo poo will be changing in a month or 2.

Champs released since Taliyah (the rock thrower):

Kled - The god king of tower dives and unending aggro.
Ivern - A support jungler who frees camps rather than killing them, spawns additional buffs from red and blue buff camps that can be picked up by teammates.
Camille - Sword legs, has a hookshot, is cool.
Xayah and Rakan - Bot lane premade, birds.
Kayn - Edgelord, can walk through walls.
Ornn - Big tanky goat, can buy non-consumable items in lane.
Zoe - Took the title of most hated champ from Teemo.
Kai'sa - An alright ADC, intended as a marksman who can work on AP but her AP build sucks rear end.
Pyke - Assassin support, gives allies additional gold when he kill steals with his ult.
Neeko - Chameleon top/jungle/mid/bot/support seriously you can play her literally everywhere it owns. Better AD/AP hybrid than Kai'sa.
Sylas - Can steal other people's ults, generates hilarious interactions like stealing Sion's ult to chase after him.

Reworks since Taliyah I believe: Ryze (of course), Yorick, Katarina, Talon, Rengar, Warwick, Galio, Urgot, Evelynn, Swain, Irelia, Aatrox, Akali, Nunu (and Willump), and most recently Kayle.

Also there's a practice tool now, so you can just take a champ in there and try their poo poo out outside of an actual game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
oh gee ryze got a rework that's SOOOO unexpected

Urgot got a rework? Thank loving god. And Yorick? Maybe riot did some good somewhere. And Rengar? If he's not back to AP Rango then my interest is ZERO. AP Rango and roaming Alistar were the best things back when I was really into league

wait a second they reworked Eve again? What now, does she instantly give gold to the enemy team every time she stealths so that the pubbies don't lose their minds over stealth mechanics? I don't see Twitch on that list so I'm guessing YES.

ivern sounds interesting, my other main man was maokai so another nature dude is good with me

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 24, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Urgot got a rework? Thank loving god. And Yorick? Maybe riot did some good somewhere. And Rengar? If he's not back to AP Rango then my interest is ZERO. AP Rango and roaming Alistar were the best things back when I was really into league

wait a second they reworked Eve again? What now, does she instantly give gold to the enemy team every time she stealths so that the pubbies don't lose their minds over stealth mechanics? I don't see Twitch on that list so I'm guessing YES.

ivern sounds interesting, my other main man was maokai so another nature dude is good with me

Urgot's rework was really good (he has shotgun knees now) and Eve got a full rework where she can charm enemies to do additional burst but when the charm locks onto them it pops up an arrow so you know what direction Eve is coming from. Yorick is also cool, they reworked Leblanc but people hated it so she got reverted and now people still hate it. All the reworked champs got new champion spotlights on the Youtube channel if you want to go look over those.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Hazdoc posted:

Riot have really improved everything since Zac's Launch, which is when I stopped playing but jumped back in because nothing beats Friday Night League

NOTHING

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
ayyy im in the big leagues of bronze 1 now. just playing a lot of Ezreal, my favorite adc

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

el dingo posted:

ACSHUALLY there is something for returning players. If you haven't played since runes or keystones or whatever they're called were introduced, you should get a chunk of blue essence relative to how many runes you bought back in the day

As a person who came back from Season 2, nope. It was only available for a limited time, so I didn't get any of the refunds at all.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

these don't exist, FWIW. Or, I should say exist in such an insanely small number that they disappear into the random noise of ARAM champ select.

source: my data science bud who sits next to me who literally looked at this issue

any aram only accounts is a travesty. the practice should be entirely outlawed and the practitioners permabanned. if there are 2, it is unacceptable. if there are 3, we should be rioting in the streets.

Hazdoc posted:

i recommend giving a look to ornn. zoe is still the best designed champion in the game, but you would probably get a kick out of ornn i think

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Looks like the iG champions just hit the shop. I still can't tell which one is which though lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Old Zac has the superior ult. The new one is such a pain in the rear end.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

Old Zac has the superior ult. The new one is such a pain in the rear end.

You're not wrong but those moments where you successfully pull off a great Zac ult and dump the entire enemy team under your turret to be slaughtered are higher than any high you got from the old ult.

I kinda miss his old Q because I think it was better for top lane Zac, but it's way better for jungle Zac now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I miss old zac ult, it was way better. I dont play him as much because of it, but his Q is significantly better

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
old Zac ult was much better but I like the idea of the new one, it's just much too easy to avoid

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The new support champ Yuumi is too adorable

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was not expecting the new champ to literally just be "cat".

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm a left click attack move user and just tried out an .ini file hack to bind both Move Click and Attack Move to the right mouse button, which allows you to see your AA range indicator every time you move with right click. So far I'm liking it, let's see if I can find any downsides.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

riot is clearly learning to use zoe as an example for future designs, and i am glad of it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Firebert posted:

new main

strong bird
May 12, 2009

thats just lulu

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

riot is clearly learning to use zoe as an example for future designs, and i am glad of it.

They added Futaba (Zoe) in 2017 and now they are adding Morgana

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1121459180143927296

Forever typecast as a talking cat

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Playing Jihn is very relaxing. It's like wearing a pair of comfy slippers, if the slippers could crit for a billion damage.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Joke animation:

Dance animation:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is it just me or does the game seed the worst possible teammates during your placements? All my games are lovely until I hit that wall and then it finds the divas, trolls, and braindead people to heap in. Maybe it's just the MMR analysis overcorrecting after a long win streak?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yea, they have a database of all of the people at your elo who are bad and then all the ones who are good and they stack the teams to gently caress you.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
all the people at my elo are bad including myself

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Which goon is in Gosu's game right now named MethanarsStache?

Do us proud bud.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is it just me or does the game seed the worst possible teammates during your placements? All my games are lovely until I hit that wall and then it finds the divas, trolls, and braindead people to heap in. Maybe it's just the MMR analysis overcorrecting after a long win streak?

Since you can check games on things like Porofessor it wouldn't shock me if there were people checking and then deliberately trolling placements just to be dicks.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

foutre posted:

Which goon is in Gosu's game right now named MethanarsStache?

Do us proud bud.
that's actually just methanar

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Chris de Sperg posted:

that's actually just methanar

I thought you were joking but it looks like it actually is him

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Super Librarian posted:

I thought you were joking but it looks like it actually is him
it's his champion pool, his elo, and somebody on the discord got a plays.tv alert because for some reason they were following his plays.tv account and he pushed out a highlight linked to it from that account, it is 100% him

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/champion/yuumi

cat good

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yuumi is best picked with a roam heavy team, being roam heavy herself. her w effectively doubles the power of every single mobility skill in the game - imagine for instance if vi q read “propel yourself and one ally forward”. similarly, when paired with a gank heavy jungler or say a zed, you can use their mobility to make yourself more mobile and increase the efficacy and decrease the risk of ganks.

if the enemy tries to counter gank and turn a 3v2 into a 2 for 1 instead of 2 for 0, you can hop to a guy and heal them. not only that but you can not be targeted yourself. for lane pairings, yuumi seems strong with say, an ezreal - you can leverage ezreals escape to make your lane disgustingly unkillable while poking people down

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1121821241042767872

cat good

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

yuumi is best picked with a roam heavy team, being roam heavy herself. her w effectively doubles the power of every single mobility skill in the game - imagine for instance if vi q read “propel yourself and one ally forward”. similarly, when paired with a gank heavy jungler or say a zed, you can use their mobility to make yourself more mobile and increase the efficacy and decrease the risk of ganks.

if the enemy tries to counter gank and turn a 3v2 into a 2 for 1 instead of 2 for 0, you can hop to a guy and heal them. not only that but you can not be targeted yourself. for lane pairings, yuumi seems strong with say, an ezreal - you can leverage ezreals escape to make your lane disgustingly unkillable while poking people down

Cat OP?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I have no idea if it's viable but I wanna do a Yummi/Sion, Mundo, Darius, etc. Bot lane and just steamroll

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Im ready to cat

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i recommend picking yuumi into twitch for supreme stealth horse poo poo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is there abilities somewhere?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Is there abilities somewhere?

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/1121829190922395649

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

actually yuumi and rengar together sounds loving terrifying. rengar gets a big MS buff, and gets extra burst from yuumi, and if you try to flash away yuumi buffs his movespeed. team cat is absolutely nightmarish and i demand all goons try this combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

imagining her pairing with tristana and it seems real good